Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (46033 Views)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by ominiriches2016(m): 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is a very crucial topic ever and is still the trend of disobedient and hardship among us, especially we the Christians. Sometimes, is annoying when the totally of salvation had been completely written off from the Bible by Bible Preachers. The idea of wealth creation and competition among 'Servant of God' (Decalled and Uncalled) baffle me in person. Pay Tithe, I love my Pastor, Offering, Covenant Offering, Plalete, gift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th offering has also lead us to change 100 naira note into 10, 10 naira note to enable us participate in all around activity. The question is who is fooling who? Unemployment had increase fake preachers and everybody want to impress the other by their luxuries, which had lead to the removal of the salvation message totally from the church because everybody want to make numbers instead of members. This idea of the Satan, Dedevil is to pack many with him to hellfire. That is why he (the Devil) unleash the "hardest slave drive" (sex drive) unto us the, the creation of God to enable him succeed in his mission. Sexual urge is one of the shortest way to destruction be it in church or the society, even in public and private offices. The only way to overcome this slavery, is to understand that we are enemies to an enemy, be conscious of heaven, remove your naked eyes from flashy things and luxury especially the Ladies who are the carrier of this entanglement and above all read your Bible. All these will follow if only we repent and confess that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Personal Saviour. Also, be born again inwardly and know we are fighting with an unseen agent of Darkness which is the father of sex and immorality. Remain bless in Jesus name
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by SIRKOL(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holydude:
I know many will castigate me or hate me for this. But then it is what is happening around in so many churches. Almost all religions in the world promotes moral chastity. Even the traditional religion does.

Christianity isn't left out. For over 10-15 years many us have been going to church, reading in the Bible that fornication and sexual immorality is a serious SIN against God. And those practicing it will not inherit His kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6: 9. Yet after reading this, Many wont stop to fornicate.

To this extent, many Christian brothers and sisters, have form their own moral standard. They claim it wrong to sleep with one you are not dating, but as along you both are dating, there is nothing wrong if you both have sex.

It wonders one to think if the Bible says fornication is only for those dating.
I Corinthians 7:1-5 makes it clear sex was for only married people.
1 Thessalonian 4:3-8 urges all Christians to flee from fornication.

From what is happening in today churches, people no longer has issues engaging in premarital sex. They believe as long they obey other laws it more than enough. No matter how many times they read it in their Bible, it wont stop them. Their conscience doesn't trouble them.

The hypocritical part is, they are quick to condemn prostitutes. You defile your body for free, prostitutes does it for money, who is now cheap? They condemn homosexuals and say it a serious SIN and yet they glorify fornication to an extent that people are virgins are regarded as fools. Ask yourself who really is God proud of?

The truth is no true christian or a God-fearing person will indulge in fornication. Even if he does, he repents and never return back to it.

There are no ways about it. You cant slave for two masters. It either you are a slave to sex or to God. And as the Bible tells us, the sins of sexual immorality leads to eternal destruction. Who fornication epp?

Why don't we live by what we read in our Bible? It definitely mean 95% of Christians wont not inherit the Kingdom of God. God has no double standard.

many christians i.e (true christians I mean not just church goers ) fornicate and know dat it is wrong without having any esques for it. It is a bad habit, just like masturbation which u can control even for months n just do it one day just for any reason. What m I saying, those christian who do it are batling with it n because bad habit can hardly be cancelled, they hardly overcome totally, so they depend and put their trust upon God to help them. But I don't think u should have ur eyes on that or even talk abt this topic because there are valid reason why God strictly warned us not 2 Judge! Thanks brilliant write up though.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by nelson16(m): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
In as much as Christians are also subject to the same temptation of formication as everyone else; it may not be true that they fall in the curious percent given by the op. Besides, others may not fare better! Come to think of it, a Christian is one who is like Christ, and one who is like Christ cannot continue to fornicate. Hence, anyone who fornicates is either non of Christ or has fallen to the previous vomit and needs restoration.
The foundation of the Lord standeth sure... the Lord knows those who are His.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by salvation77177: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
Committing sin is personal. There is a punishment awaiting deliberate sin. That's everyone should know.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by coolvitus(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
the spirit is what help us to have self control without which no one can
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by nnemmpi(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Philomath1212:
Op please don't judge.
nobody is holy. we are all slave to sin, tis only by Grace that we live and escaping God's wrath.

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Op
Blame the pastors.
They no longer preach against premarital sex.
They talk of money, tithe, offering and prosperity.

They don't expelled unrepentant sinners cos they want to retain their members.

Church leaders dey lash, and on Sunday will come to church acting like they are in spirit.

NO, you shouldn't blame any pastor. Salvation is a personal thing, on the day of judgement the pastor will only answer for himself. You have the Bible and your Conscience for guidance.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by seek4usman: 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holydude:
I know many will castigate me or hate me for this. But then it is what is happening around in so many churches. Almost all religions in the world promotes moral chastity. Even the traditional religion does.

Christianity isn't left out. For over 10-15 years many us have been going to church, reading in the Bible that fornication and sexual immorality is a serious SIN against God. And those practicing it will not inherit His kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6: 9. Yet after reading this, Many wont stop to fornicate.

To this extent, many Christian brothers and sisters, have form their own moral standard. They claim it wrong to sleep with one you are not dating, but as along you both are dating, there is nothing wrong if you both have sex.

From what is happening in today churches, people no longer has issues engaging in premarital sex. They believe as long they obey other laws it more than enough. No matter how many times they read it in their Bible, it wont stop them. Their conscience doesn't trouble them.

The hypocritical part is, they are quick to condemn prostitutes. You defile your body for free, prostitutes does it for money, who is now cheap? They condemn homosexuals and say it a serious SIN and yet they glorify fornication to an extent that people are virgins are regarded as fools. Ask yourself who really is God proud of?

The truth is no true christian or a God-fearing person will indulge in fornication. Even if he does, he repents and never return back to it.

There are no ways about it. You cant slave for two masters. It either you are a slave to sex or to God. And as the Bible tells us, the sins of sexual immorality leads to eternal destruction. Who fornication epp?

Why don't we live by what we read in our Bible? It definitely mean 95% of Christians wont not inherit the Kingdom of God. God has no double standard. Because your Bible said Jesus had died for your sins

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Weah96: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
ijomamiracle:
Christianity is not the life of individual righteousness but the righteousness of God made available to us through christ! its the life of sufficient grace and mercy. though we should nt live in sin that grace may abound...know what the word of God instructs and abide by it!

The word prohibits fornication, the whole point of this thread.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Pureheart91(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Havin carefully studied ds post, i can deduce dat most christains includn i who have fall short of not overcoming d sin of immorality succinctly is based on this word "GRACE" yet neglecting what Ramans 6vz1 says, and galatians tells us. We have so much relied on Exodus 34vz6 hence making us slave to sin.
Continous Sin is a Reproach!!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Pureheart91(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Havin carefully studied ds post, i can deduce dat most christains includn i who have fallen short of not overcoming d sin of immorality succinctly is based on this word "GRACE" yet neglecting what Ramans 6vz1 says, and galatians tells us. We have so much relied on Exodus 34vz6 hence making us slave to sin.
Continous Sin is a Reproach!!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Pureheart91(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Havin carefully studied ds post, i can deduce dat most christains includn i who have fallen short of not overcoming d sin of immorality succinctly is based on this word "GRACE" yet neglecting what Romans 6vz1 says, and galatians tells us. We have so much relied on Exodus 34vz6 hence making us slave to sin.
Be Warned----Continous Sin is a Reproach!!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by classical15(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Memphis357:
Because prick and toto, when joined together becomes the sweetest experience on earth.
Big lie! Grow up soon enough and know that there are lots of stuffs sweeter than sex

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Beamborla(f): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
mmsen:

What is 'spirit filled'?

How does one become spirit filled?

Name me some well known 'spirit filled' people.

Thanks.
Spirit filled is to have the spirit of Christ in you which would in turn make you act Christ-like

To become spirit filled, you'd need to acknowledge Christ, genuinely repent of your sins, totally submit to him and invite him into your life.

This, I can not provide because like I metioned earlier, it's between you and God. Only God knows who is really for him. I can speak only for myself.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Weah96: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
classical15:

Big lie! Grow up soon enough and know that there are lots of stuffs sweeter than sex

People strap bombs on their bodies and detonate them in public just for the pleasure of scoring virgins in paradise later. Even Allah knows how sweet the thing is to us.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by achorladey: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Simple: 1. Christians still live under the influence of Satan the Devil and the Devil has control over the world. 1 John 5:19. In Satan's world illicit sex sells. It's all over the entertainment industry. So Christians need to keep there senses because Satan still look for them to devour and one of the best way today is FORNICATION.

2. After the fall of man, his thoughts is inclined to do bad all the time Genesis 6:5. and Ecclesiastes 8:11. Despite having a clean conscience in faith in christ ransom, imperfect tendencies still surrounds man.

3. Religious leaders and teachers have water-down the truth concerning morality. Explain the solemnization of couples with the wife heavily pregnant. Cohabitation all over the place. 1 Corinthians 10:8,11-13.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Marioplus(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
GENUINE VICTORY OVER IMMORALITY :
"You have heard how it was said, you shall not commit adultery. But I say this to you, if a man looks at a woman lustfully, He has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matt. 5:27-28)
It's only a man or woman who is ready and willing to conquer his/her mind that can achieve True Purity on this world however whether you believe it or not; you can achieve True Purity on this earth in fact so many people are living by this Grace in our world currently not minding the over-hyping of immorality in our world NOW. You can also live this glorious virtue in your soul and you will never be the same in life. This is something the Holy Spirit poured into my heart; the only TRUE VICTORY over the MIND is to fill our minds with THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT by spending quality time at least 1-hr every day listening to UNDILUTED MESSAGES ON JESUS CHRIST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. When a man's heart is occupied with the Holy Presence and Spirit of God habits of sin becomes a thing of the past "No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God" (1Jn.3:9) To become a genuine and sincere believer in Jesus Christ, you must make a conscious deliberate commitment to be filled with the Holy Presence and Spirit of God at every passing second!!! "If you are of the Spirit let the Spirit be the RULE of your life"(Gal. 5:25)
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Beamborla(f): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
vinceton:
the reason why pastors are not to be exonorated is that they too know what's in the Bible regarding formication , but they refuse to preach it for fear of loosing members. Its like leaving substance and pursuing shadow. They chose to tell people what they want to hear. Remember God said in the scriptures they in d last days false prophets will arise . if we ignore their mistakes then ,we shall be punished with them.
Then I was right when I inferred earlier that the Bible is there for everyone...thank God for that. Since the Bible already made it clear that fake pastors will arise in the end of days, why would you see the end time trait in a pastor and not take to your heels? It's not like you are being tied down there.

I didn't exonerate them, neither did I pronounce them guilty. I just made it clear that we'd all account for our deeds and the amazing part is no one would have any excuse. If your pastor ain't saying it and it's in the Bible you have no excuse and if he's saying it and it ain't in the Bible, you have no excuse

About correcting them, Becareful enough not to invite the wrath of God upon yourself.

Finally, Let not your pastor be your God or standard. The Bible is sufficient for you an i
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Beamborla(f): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
compujyde:

I wish every christian employs the emboldened as a watchword.
So do I
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Its very easy to be a xtian.
Just bliv that jesus is lord and thats it.

So forget the morals of the bible. I know ppl who will twist its words to favoir their acts.

It is well with us all.

May God forgive all our sins.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by teshyberry(f): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
crusadistic:
its because xtians only follow what they like

U are correct! There goes the selective retention theory.
I think u should rather say 'some' Christians and not generalise for all Christians. Thank u
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Sex is very very sweet!

Irresistible

I did sex everyday of my life

Keep doing it but dont allow it to kill you before you repent.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by sinceraconcept(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Beamborla:
This is why I keep asking people that if God is to judge us according to his standards for real, will anyone make heaven?

Remember, sexual immorality is not limited to sexual act alone, staring lustfully at someone amounts to sexual immorality.

However, it's time we stopped blaming pastors for not preaching this or that. The Bible is there and it's written in English. We can always refer to the Bible because in the end, it's not between you and your pastor, it's between you and God.
I keep asking this too
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by queenDD(f): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
May God help us live above the desires of our flesh.. it is not by power nor by might, God's grace is all we need
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by sinceraconcept(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
easiest:
I think jesus have die for our sins, that mean any little has already be forgiven.
greatest deceit in Christianity. Ok,armed robbers and corrupt politicians are sinning heavily because Jesus has died for their sins?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by kuram3(f): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
May God help us
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by seeker4life: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Edifyer:

Yes Animals have sex..the have sex with their Mothers, sisters, fathers, brothers.......and that's why they are call animals.. And in an open places...you are human and sex is not forbidden but you have to get marry first. That's what make you different from animals.. Except if want to tell us that you are having sex with your Father/Mother/sister or brother... And also u are having sex in an open places and move around nake...Think and act like human being not like animals pls
m very sure u re aware of two sisters that slept with their father in the Bible and also of a Patriach who married his step sis...go figure!!!!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Pavarottii(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
Leke001:
first of all,the one who fornicates is not a christian...Christianity is a way of life,not a religion;therefore whoever that is born of God(born again)has His seed remaineth in him and he cannot sin...what we have today are just church goers,not christians...pity!
[size=15pt]WRONG![/size]
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by mikolo80: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holydude:

Why don't we live by what we read in our Bible? It definitely mean 95% of Christians wont not inherit the Kingdom of God. God has no double standard.

konji na bastard.

Are you holy? Are you sure you haven't committed any other sin.

Adultery came from God. Fornication was made up by Paulo.
We try everyday and only HIS GRACE and not your works will get you to heaven
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by franklingud(m): 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
MrRichmond:

Oga sex na sex... no dey deceive urself
Holy nwe eje nwa nkita. E pain you?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Shedrack36(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
The simple true is that, they hav not repented that is y they find them self still fornicating. The spirit of God is not in them.most of them are living in carnality. God save us.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by piagetskinner(m): 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
That's because its very hard to put off fleshy desires...but the bibles encourages us to put to death all works of the flesh
Romans 8:11-13

we must be able to tame our bodies and bring it under control. Its animals(dogs) that cannot control their sexual urges..that's y u see them humping on any tHing they find..because they are animals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Calls Bishop Oyedepo "Bald Headed Fowl". Nigerians React / I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.