Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (46036 Views)

Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by piagetskinner(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
seeker4life:

m very sure u re aware of two sisters that slept with their father in the Bible and also of a Patriach who married his step sis...go figure!!!!

Pls read numbers 25:1-10, and 1corinthians10:1-9
God hates sexual immorality
Pls when ure reading the bible try to read with understanding not head knowledge

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
one word ...kONJi
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Ezionye(f): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Op
Blame the pastors.
They no longer preach against premarital sex.
They talk of money, tithe, offering and prosperity.

They don't expelled unrepentant sinners cos they want to retain their members.

Church leaders dey lash, and on Sunday will come to church acting like they are in spirit.
D

Blame pastors? Very funny.You don't have bible to read again?. Nobody needs a pastor to tell u right or wrong. They are there for guidance and encouragement. In fact, your knowledge of the bible will help you identify fakes or wrong preaching. No pastor will stand beside his member on the last day. Na OYO

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Sunbellar: 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Sex is very very sweet!

Irresistible

I did sex everyday of my life

Stu.pid boy!
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by youngest85(m): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
Gossiplover:

Atheist speaking.
Who says their God wont keep his word??

It a personal decision to choose life or death.

They know God will punish them but they prefer fornicator cos of the pleasure they derive and are willingly to lose the permanent blessings from been obedient to gain the temporary enjoyment of Sin.

Fornication no dey help anyone.
E deh help o
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Ezionye(f): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
franklingud:
U don't know that sex is sweet.
Not casual sex though. its turn off for me.

Lol. Classification of sex has come in
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by youngest85(m): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
Vickyydera:
Cos the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
It only takes the grace of God to overcome temptations.
So ladies are also tempted?
If i was a lady, i wl neva fornicate....
Wats tempting in a man?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
Holydude:
I know many will castigate me or hate me for this. But then it is what is happening around in so many churches. Almost all religions in the world promotes moral chastity. Even the traditional religion does.

Christianity isn't left out. For over 10-15 years many us have been going to church, reading in the Bible that fornication and sexual immorality is a serious SIN against God. And those practicing it will not inherit His kingdom. 1 Corinthians 6: 9. Yet after reading this, Many wont stop to fornicate.

To this extent, many Christian brothers and sisters, have form their own moral standard. They claim it wrong to sleep with one you are not dating, but as along you both are dating, there is nothing wrong if you both have sex.

It wonders one to think if the Bible says fornication is only for those dating.
I Corinthians 7:1-5 makes it clear sex was for only married people.
1 Thessalonian 4:3-8 urges all Christians to flee from fornication.

From what is happening in today churches, people no longer has issues engaging in premarital sex. They believe as long they obey other laws it more than enough. No matter how many times they read it in their Bible, it wont stop them. Their conscience doesn't trouble them.

The hypocritical part is, they are quick to condemn prostitutes. You defile your body for free, prostitutes does it for money, who is now cheap? They condemn homosexuals and say it a serious SIN and yet they glorify fornication to an extent that people are virgins are regarded as fools. Ask yourself who really is God proud of?

The truth is no true christian or a God-fearing person will indulge in fornication. Even if he does, he repents and never return back to it.

There are no ways about it. You cant slave for two masters. It either you are a slave to sex or to God. And as the Bible tells us, the sins of sexual immorality leads to eternal destruction. Who fornication epp?

Why don't we live by what we read in our Bible? It definitely mean 95% of Christians wont not inherit the Kingdom of God. God has no double standard.

Op Christ died for sins. So if they don't sin, he would have died for nothing.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by sragile(f): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Truth is people just want to try God and they feel everyone is doing it so it doesn't matter. it will NEVER be right. imagine people who date about ten persons before they marry, they would have had sex with all that ten and you think God is happy about it. waiting is hard but in the end you will be glad you did.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Weah96: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
sragile:
[b]Truth is people just want to try God [/b]and they feel everyone is doing it so it doesn't matter. it will NEVER be right. imagine people who date about ten persons before they marry, they would have had sex with all that ten and you think God is happy about it. waiting is hard but in the end you will be glad you did.
@bolded: Close. The truth is that most people are atheists. Nobody will see fire and enter, sister.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by rallymento(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
My reply is this. 1cor 3:16

You can flee fornication by the help of the Holy Spirit.

Thinking of it = Doing it

The difference is that the thinker has the Grace of God not to do it.

Once you find your self either thinking it or doing it, ask for God's mercy and repent from it.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by STENON(f): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
The truth is that, apart from fleeing from fornication for the purpose of obeying God's commandment, It is also an added advantage for the singles. You are protecting your life and you will also be proud of your dignity.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by laikas: 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
the power of sex my dear is strong very strong, it takes only the strong in mind to over come the urge.

even the bible says flee from fornication. not bind n cast it out.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Austin042(m): 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
God bless you more for being truthful...
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by kilo4sure: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
faites:

U are far from redemption. Op is duty bound to point it out to us so we'd know we are derailing. There is nothing wrong with the article.

And you can only be a slave to sin only if u choose to be. There are people that live sinless and are still happy.
Sense full ya head jarry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by kilo4sure: 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
kenchizzy:
GOD SAID OBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENT AND HEAVEN SHALL BE YOUR REWARD,since fornication is not in the ten commandment then i don't see anything wrong with fornicating
Where did God say this?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Philomath1212: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Mavrick2012:
hmmm,a prosperity preacher sported."dnt judge" those who fornicate but judge those who dnt pay tithe and offering.lol

you got me laughing.
sported or spotted?
seriously, maybe you should immerse yourself in the deep studying and meditation of the Word.
that's all.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by sragile(f): 10:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nobody will see fire and enter, sister.

some people just might...
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by sragile(f): 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ezionye:

Blame pastors? Very funny.You don't have bible to read again?. Nobody needs a pastor to tell u right or wrong. They are there for guidance and encouragement. In fact, your knowledge of the bible will help you identify fakes or wrong preaching. No pastor will stand beside his member on the last day. Na OYO
exactly.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Philomath1212: 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
faites:

U are far from redemption. Op is duty bound to point it out to us so we'd know we are derailing. There is nothing wrong with the article.

And you can only be a slave to sin only if u choose to be. There are people that live sinless and are still happy.

really?
far from redemption, thank you.
okay o.
people living a sinless life.
maybe I study a different scripture day in day out.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Philomath1212: 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
lepasharon:

I'm sure you judge homosexuals
I don't judge any aside myself. thank you.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by mario2k(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Don't worry let them continue in fornication by the time they miss the Rapture that will take place any moment from now maybe the Antichrist that will rule then will help them stop it.Go ahead and continue a day is coming when u so called Christians will beg that u want to stop but the Antichrist will deal with u.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by matharazi(m): 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Even in the bible it is written "he who is without sin should cast the first stoNe". It's in the mind. #wakeUpFrmReligiousBoNdage
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Mavrick2012: 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Philomath1212:

you got me laughing.
sported or spotted?
seriously, maybe you should immerse yourself in the deep studying and meditation of the Word.
that's all.
ya,that is why i like the "word",it gives me license to enjoy sex.my only problem with the "word" is it forces me to pay 10% of my hard earn resources to those that will use it in flamboyancies.lol lol oh,thanks for the correction,spotted.lol
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by jkross(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Because they are still under the power of sin...Sin has power especially sexual sin...Atimes you notice the inner voice urging you not to do it...thats the spirit man but the flesh wants it so bad...At this point the will which is the soul begins to struggle if the flesh suceeds in subduing the will i.e soul and the spirit loses....The sin act will be committed ...It is why the bible commanded Christians not to walk in the flesh...and also says by flesh shall no man please God..Funny enough not everyone you see inside the church is a christian....What does it mean to be a christian?
Live as christ did...follow his examples..somebody will say its is hard to live like Christ. ... thats why we have the Holy spirit..Jesus said if you believe greater things shall you do...which means you can actually be christ like..

Make una no vex for the epistle....i hope someone out there catches a revelation

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Xeeman(m): 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
May be you're an Atheist. That's why you're wasting your tym.
Qur'an has since told us that "was akthruhum fasiquun"
meaning MAJORITY of them are fornicators.

That's there is high rate of abortion, HIV among them. And almost all their mothers are disverged .

Proudly a Muslim.
Alhamdulillah.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by jkross(m): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
[/b][b]
Julianyao:

Op Christ died for sins. So if they don't sin, he would have died for nothing.

The reason for his death is that man will live above sin...not for man to keep living in sin...Though his death provides forgiveness of sins....but it is not God'will that sin will continue to have dominion over any believer
The bible says "should be continue to sin thatvgrace may abide God forbid"
What if the person dies in between the time of sin and repentance?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by collinscabal(m): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2016
Beamborla:
This is why I keep asking people that if God is to judge us according to his standards for real, will anyone make heaven?

Remember, sexual immorality is not limited to sexual act alone, staring lustfully at someone amounts to sexual immorality.

However, it's time we stopped blaming pastors for not preaching this or that. The Bible is there and it's written in English. We can always refer to the Bible because in the end, it's not between you and your pastor, it's between you and God.

Well spoken
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Edifyer: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2016
Edifyer:

Yes Animals have sex..the have sex with their Mothers, sisters, fathers, brothers.......and that's why they are call animals.. And in an open places...you are human and sex is not forbidden but you have to get marry first. That's what make you different from animals.. Except if want to tell us that you are having sex with your Father/Mother/sister or brother... And also u are having sex in an open places and move around nake...Think and act like human being not like animals pls
seeker4life:

m very sure u re aware of two sisters that slept with their father in the Bible and also of a Patriach who married his step sis...go figure!!!!

And is that is good thing? I don't believe everything in the bible as the word of God...go ahead and have sex like animals simple because animals also have sex.....
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Weah96: 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
sragile:
Nobody will see fire and enter, sister.

some people just might...

Never seen a human or animal that is not afraid of fire. Never. So they must be atheists.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Ken4Christ: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
God did not only save us but also made provision for our mistakes. 1 John 1:7-9. This is not however an opportunity to abuse this grace. A believer falls into sin of fornication when you allow your flesh and your mind to control you. It is your responsibility to put your body under control. Any believer who commits fornication habitually may eventually lose his salvation. Fornication is a sin and you should try to avoid it after you have given your life to Christ. But if you fall into it, go to God and ask for mercy and forgiveness and he will forgive you. Even if you repeat same error several times, he will still forgive you. Such repeated errors can however open doors for the devil to afflict you and even kill you. This is the reason so many professing believers die young.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? by Alaanyihaji(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Op
Blame the pastors.
They no longer preach against premarital sex.
They talk of money, tithe, offering and prosperity.

They don't expelled unrepentant sinners cos they want to retain their members.

Church leaders dey lash, and on Sunday will come to church acting like they are in spirit.

My dear, you are not completely correct. I once attended deeper christian life ministry where the preaching is consistent on promotion of holiness in all its ramifications, yet the painted picture by the op is also possible there. The issue is more complex than you just said it. I think its all about the craftiness or the subtlety of the devil in taking men away from their word of God, from prayer and from meditation. once this happens, anyone can fall to the sin of fornication/adultery because its very very sweet to the flesh of both the clergy and the laity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe / Daddy Freeze Calls Bishop Oyedepo "Bald Headed Fowl". Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.