Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? (49968 Views)

Residents In Imo Refuses The Renaming Of Road After Buhari / IGP Idris Orders Dismantling Of Road Blocks Nationwide / Boko Haram: Army Begins Construction Of Road To Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by MMempire(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2016
cindybella101:
On a serious note someone might lost his way on this road(s).

That is one the most complex road network in the world. It's called interstate and it is located in the most advance country(America) on earth. This is interstate-53.

2 Likes

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Sprintson(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:

You're entitled to your opinion.
It won't happen..Mr.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Boyedex: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:
Liar. The only picture from the 1950s you posted was of Carter bridge. The others are late 60s to early 70s.
Name calling shows you are mediocre especially when you don't fact check properly. Whether 50s or 60s, were they not the same people of that time? It's safe to say the colonials were already handing off in the 50s. My point is, those that started off Nigeria immediately pre/post-independence had great foresight and not like today's crop of politicians. Things look bleaker now. That is not to say things won't improve with time.
Back to your name-calling, this is probably where you picked your photos from and like I said earlier, it's Lagos in the 50s and 60s. http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/40-old-photos-that-will-show-you-how-times-have-changed-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by toonzay(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2016
see the beauty of Civil engineering
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by ebony2011(m): 10:02am On Jun 13, 2016
That pics looks like Ijora 7up.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2016
Hi makydebbie, good morning.
Kindly check your email, a mail awaits you.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by iswallker(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2016
cindybella101:

someone might lost his way trying to get into that jumpsuit.... grin

in other news...no be 3rd mainland bridge be that..... cheesy
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Rossikk(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2016
Boyedex:
Name calling shows you are mediocre especially when you don't fact check properly. Whether 50s or 60s, were they not the same people of that time? It's safe to say the colonials were already handing off in the 50s. My point is, those that started off Nigeria immediately pre/post-independence had great foresight and not like today's crop of politicians. Things look bleaker now. That is not to say things won't improve with time.
Back to your name-calling, this is probably where you picked your photos from and like I said earlier, it's Lagos in the 50s and 60s. http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/40-old-photos-that-will-show-you-how-times-have-changed-in-nigeria/
During colonial rule, the outlook was very bleak. There was malnutrition, political repression, 90% illiteracy, near-zero infrastructure, near-zero electricity, and not a single serious industry, major hospital, or university, in the country. People under colonial rule had no hope of a greater country. It was only after the British were kicked out in 1960 that real development started taking place, and Nigerians became positive about the future.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2016
Mediapace:
When Nigerians stop going for treatment abroad when we have babalawo who can treat Ear infections here
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3832619_1334645412446174922301297609174347280017007n_jpeg8d00af76652b2eaea5c3a1b057900bc2

epic bro... that got me laughing my ass out...

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Rossikk(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2016
Sprintson:

It won't happen..Mr.
Strictly your opinion .
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Boyedex: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:
During colonial rule, the outlook was very bleak. There was malnutrition, 90% illiteracy, near-zero infrastructure, near-zero electricity, and not a single serious industry, major hospital, or university, in the country. People under colonial rule had no hope of a greater country. It was only after the British were kicked out in 1960 that real development started taking place, and Nigerians became positive about the future.
Now that's a better argument. And not the "people would have said never to a development in the 50s" argument. The people of the 50s, 60s and early 70s had great foresight. That's why I singled out that portion of your post to correct in your original post.

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by anonimi: 10:18am On Jun 13, 2016
israellii:
remember that change has come, expect it any moment from now

This lie lie change chain below or should we WORK for another real change

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2464828_iwilldeclaremyassetspubliclybuhari20150531084337_jpeg3bd039b61769cbf4f77ec6ba5a354a26

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Rossikk(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2016
Boyedex:
Now that's a better argument. And not the "people would have said never to a development in the 50s" argument. The people of the 50s, 60s and early 70s had great foresight. That's why I singled out that portion of your post to correct in your original post.
It's no different from what I said earlier, ie that Nigerians in 1952 would have said "never in a million years" if you had shown them images of modern Lagos CBD. Do you realise that in 1952 there was not a single power plant or university in Nigeria? And the colonialists had been in power 60 years? So what hope or outlook do you think people had?
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Horus(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2016
sherif4owo:
Why do we need this kind of road?

Because traffic congestion may get worse if you dont build this kind of road
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2016
When our political office holders start being poor.......... I WEEP 4 THIS NATION!
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Boyedex: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:
It's no different from what I said earlier, ie that Nigerians in 1952 would have said "never in a million years" if you had shown them images of modern Lagos CBD. Do you realise that in 1952 there was not a single power plant or university in Nigeria?
okay then. I rest my case.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Rossikk(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2016
vickylala239:

Broda we Dnt Hv such in Nigeria simple....

Does house u drop,go and ask Nigeria age mate,Dey Hv far better....Evn countries younger Dan Nigeria.....

Am Nt bias here,Cuz am a Nigerian..

Besides does pic u drop are Nt Lagos slum pics....

Try slums
Try going to school.
Try hard.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by wasco24: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2016
Which country is pics from
benarex:
Or this...
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Badassniggga(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2016
can someone tell me the name of that bridge? this is fuuccking spectacular...
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2016
cindybella101:

When your politicians stop looting, you sure gonna have it

3 Likes

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by warrior101: 11:21am On Jun 13, 2016
Ibadan has it

cindybella101:

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Proudlesbiangal(f): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2016
when Jesus comes cry
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by lexiyandra(f): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2016
@Rossikk i really love you for this reply. You are my hero

Rossikk:

Why don't you go live in ''white Europe'' and stop bothering us, you self-hating, semi-literate buffoon?

Assuming they actually agree to grant a thug like you a visa.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Litmus: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2016
I hope never.

Spaghetti roads, flyover's, are so 70's and eyesores. It saddens me when i see governors in Nigeria, with little imagination, trying to impress their citizens with flyovers, many built too heavily and crookedly. Few infrastructure in Nigeria are worthy of preservation or set in stone, say in the way of many European cities, so we should be more futuristic in our thinking. One of the few benefits of being a third-world nation, with poor infrastructures, is that we have a clean-slate. We have the opportunity to develop, incorporating nature and exploiting the new materials and urban development ideas out there.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by ogtavia(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2016
Abagworo:
Disgusting I must say. Evidence of poor planning necessitating costly, huge, complex and risky net of overhead bridges. I will not pray for that in Nigeria.
my sentiments as well..dt road is more of a problem than a solution....
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by drlateeph(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
this is high five located in dallas texas, and of course one of the numerous there in the US

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by brookz: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
cindybella101:

By 2099
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Horus(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2016

Lagos interchange
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by icankel: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
U guys will always talk about economy economy when our government keeps on borrowing money here and there. Abi them go use borrowed money come build such bridges...abi na wen our Senators prefer enriching themselves.. Mayb it wil happen wen my unborn son becomes Presdo
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by stomenfemzy: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
When will stop crying for job and corruption
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by mapet: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2016
cindybella101:

We probably do not need this "complicated" road network at the moment. We simply need simple roads that connects and are well maintained
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by mapet: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Boyedex:
On the contrary, I think the people of that time had more foresight and could probably envision it. At the moment, things look more bleak and hence the relative hopelessness.

Looks to me like you're saying you don't have "foresight and can't envision it".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of President Buhari Leaving Abuja For UK Medical Treatment / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / Fresh Legal Moves To Sack Hope Uzodinma Commences In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.