Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? (49905 Views)

Residents In Imo Refuses The Renaming Of Road After Buhari / IGP Idris Orders Dismantling Of Road Blocks Nationwide / Boko Haram: Army Begins Construction Of Road To Sambisa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by mapet: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:

lol...my sista, don't mind these people. Look at the same Broad Street today, 50 years later:

As you can see, levels don change. cool

Who knows how it will look in another 50 years?

Probably like a space ship!

So you can never say never, with regard to Naija.

Bros,

Have you considered that many of these nay sayers are probably village bush rats grin

2 Likes

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by mapet: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
Onyemabright:
In the [size=20pt]nest[/size] 100 years

I can understand your dilema grin grin
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by alaskido(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
All these bridges we dey turn person eye self. grin
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by THYRAIN(m): 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Unless i rule
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by donchitude: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:
Why would they ''envision'' it in 1952? This was Nigeria's busiest commercial street in 1952, Broad Street, Lagos:

Why would the people, then under colonial rule, envisage anything better? Do you think the colonialists were developing the country in any serious way?
yes the colonialist were building even much more,Nigerians destroyed it and are destroying much more.I had my schooling @ UNN and some of the structures built back then are still standing strong and I was equally opportuned to live in one of railway corporation facilities built by them and it is still standing strong
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ilaje44:

And invest in real education, not just certificate. If we would invest the energy a lot of Nigerians are using in duping people in acquiring technolgical knowledge, and making good use of it to advance the society, it wouldn't take us much long to achieve this feat.
I can't reiterate this enough. The biggest bane to your country's development is the lack of quality education it provides the citizens. They are too poorly educated.

1 Like

Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
vodutive:

you have hit the nail on the head about our deluded Nigerians. They think it is just by word of mouth and prayer that good things happen. They continue to say "why not?" "it will happen", "no more blackouts by....", "it is well" when everything around them is crumbling and we are fast falling into a failed state meanwhile they continue to protect the looters who have destroy the country. They put up pictures of Lagos and say "centre of excellence", maybe they have never travelled or have google to see what "excellence" looks like.

We take pride in foolishness "nigeria is the greatest country in Africa they say" excuse me, as compared to who, Togo, Benin, Congo, I'm bigger than the poor man nextt to me, are these our yardsticks? Nigeria is the curse of Africa because if Nigeria doesn't get it's act together, Africa can't.

Education 0, health 0, roads 0, industry 0, brain 0 (because we have surrendered it to pastor), yet we continue to wallow in misery and ignorance.....what a people!!
You nailed it Buddy. Truth is bitter.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rossikk:
How the hell do you know all this? Are you a psychic? Or a seer? You have ZERO clue what the world will look like in 50 years. Heck, the west could be a nuclear-blighted wasteland, with a wretched surviving population begging for visas to Africa and Asia. Or suffer economic collapse which can be caused by a multitude of factors. Nothing is assured, especially the way the world is going.
If we destroy our land,we'll just take over yours and there's nothing you can do about it.
Re: When Will We Have This Type Of Road In Nigeria ? by Leopardd(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2016
Rossikk:
Asia is not a country, you ignorant dunce. It's a continent. And there is more poverty in Asia than in Africa. Google 'India poorer than Africa' and learn something for once in your life.

You are fighting a lost cause brother, India on the average with their huge population is living better than average Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / Goodluck Jonathan As An Election Observer In Tanzania (Photos) / Akpabio Planning To Join APC - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.