Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,439 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. (50134 Views)

Restructuring: It Will Not Be Easy For The North To Give Up Its Advantages - NEF / Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2016
erusen:
am a big fan of federalism,people that fight against all either stupid northeners or core buharist,is only in Nigeria where we fail to take the right decision because of greed and party affiliation
The north would never accept True fiscal federalism in this nation called Nigeria. The present system of states is advantageous to the North more than any other geopolitical divisions. The present revenue sharing formula is based on population, land mass, no of LGAs in a state and lastly VAT generated in the component states.With true federalism, we are talking of resources control, Unification or merging of states and regional autonomy. Take for instance, all the states in the present format were created by the military rulers of Nigeria and by fate, they were all from the Northern parts of the country. A situation where Kano state has 44 local governments based on land mass and no of cattles says a lot about the power to be.An embarrassing situation where the national census results stated that Kano state is more densEly populated than Lagos, A situation where Abuja that was supposed to be built over 50 years was transformed in less than 10years with the resources and the oil and gas wealth of Niger delta. Where on earth do we want the north to survive their parasitic mode of life? We are talking about agriculture, they are the largest beneficiary, coz all the expanse dams constructed by the federal government of the north for the North with the oil wealth of Niger delta was done mainly with uttermost destructions of the Niger delta environments. A situation where all the oil blocks in Nigeria belongs to the northerners does not speaks well of hausa fulani type of federalism. The average hausa fulani believes he or she was born to rule in the zoo republic. The president from daura body's language says it all. He has appointed almost all his entire core carbinet from the north coz of his hidden hatred for the southerners. Should we continue this topic or debate we might not be able to conclude coz the facts are steering at us .One day one day the fear of the northerners will turn to a reality. The true federalism dt they are allergic to will see the light of the day.This is the only way the wrongs of the past can be corrected.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by masseratti: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Am new here my dear... This forum houses great thinkers and eloquent political analyst I've ever come across.. How I wish most of our comments here will be published on national dailies...
well we know fully well that politicos do come to nairaland, even people in aso rock.
You welcome btw.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by jjk24(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

So funny my dear.. But you might be right oooo.. I will make hard copies of all the comments on this thread and forward it to the national assembly for them to study and act on it..
pls do, let the process be open and use the social media well enof ,u feel me?

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by APRIDE(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
mention 3 characteristics of true federalism I dare you.

They are:

1) Resource control
2) Free and fair election in its true sense
3) True separation of power

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2016
masseratti:
well we know fully well that politicos do come to nairaland, even people in aso rock.
You welcome btw.
Thanks for the insight dear.. I just hope our big brothers over there at the Aso rock will go through this thread and act on it.. A lot has been voiced out here and high percentage of the comments contains all that Nigeria needs to get things right once again..
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2016
jjk24:
pls do, let the process be open and use the social media well enof ,u feel me?
Yes Sir.. I feel you Sir..
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by ImpersonatorSS: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
I should be a westerner but I'm referred to as middle belt. I am a minority in my state. But we know how we make our voice heard. All you do is complain on nairaland.

Define restructuring.
You can't.
I can bet my life on it.
You don't even know what it means. Even with dictionary.
Describe true federalism. Same as above.

We complained during slavery
Complained during colonisation
Complained during first republic
Complained during military rule
Complained second republic
Complained from three states
To 9 states
To 19 states
To 36 states
Parliamentary to presidential
Option a 4 to the nonsense we have now.
Without complain epp?
Now it's poor true federalism we want to blame.
Japan and Singapore have no single resource. Other countries rejected them.Israel's surrounded by hostile desert and hostile neighbours. Yet they have thrived .
Federalism de him house de relax una just de blast him name anyhow.

I knew it!
You can never be a westerner. No true westerner will post like you do on this issue.

What I am asking for in plain terms are these:
1. I want my state governor to have full control over all the solid mineral in the state. He be able to exploit and explore it as he deems fit and pay taxes to the FG instead of waiting for monthly federal allocation from the FG.
2. I want my state governor to have control of the security of my state to a certain extent.

That's all!

This current system has failed!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by masseratti: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Thanks for the insight dear.. I just hope our big brothers over there at the Aso rock will go through this thread and act on it.. A lot has been voiced out here and high percentage of the comments contains all that Nigeria needs to get things right once again..
well for now they wont do anything, power intoxicate, if you are not there yet you can complain, once you do get there its difficult to let go of the power, the main source of power is not guns or force only but resources.

Btw you cant be the one on your dp.... if thats you.. hmmmmmm you are hot.. and so that pervs dont kill your inbox, just replace it with something else.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by APRIDE(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Eddygourdo:
and you feel knowing what true federalism means is intellgence ? A moot and valueless subject like O level government ? Is that what you are bragging about ? You say u are a researcher ? You do extensive research , I say let's prove it and ur running away. I will ask you two questions and offer you one million naira. If you get it in a week it shall be yours. Even in ur dreams you won't be able to,

Let me school you abit since you are still at that level, knowledge and intelligence are very differnt. Knowledge is data , intellegence is usefui information. Apparently all you have in ur head is data, a typical nigerian product of cram and pour. You asking me a question that google can answer, I will ask u a question that google can't answer.

Never in ur life again should who feel fly for knowing the definition of federalism and yet not having the inteligence of what are its implications , merits or demerits. Read the type of questions you asking. Like a child. what are the types of fedralism? Imagine that. We talking models u talking crap.

Mr man , you not intelligent, I need intelligent people who will create and apply existing knwoledge, not someone who regurgitates what he has crammed and can relate that with his environment for any analysis.

Post ur name here. I want to know ur standing in our community, cos we know oursleves, and I don't know you

Why does everything in nairaland have to end in conflicts? We had a good discussion going on.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2016
masseratti:
well for now they wont do anything, power intoxicate, if you are not there yet you can complain, once you do get there its difficult to let go of the power, the main source of power is not guns or force only but resources.

Btw you cant be the one on your dp.... if thats you.. hmmmmmm you are hot.. and so that pervs dont kill your inbox, just replace it with something else.

Thanks a lot Sir for that fatherly advice.. I will switch the picture immediately..
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by oweniwe(m): 8:53am On Jun 14, 2016

Tunda faya you and all your descendants

It's section 308 you bastard son of wh0re

sorry for insulting you. It's your teachers I should attack.

tunda faya you and your followers.

Clearly you are a functional illiterate

DEAFandDUMB ... It's your thread ... I believe you saw all the trash he posted.

Please try and maintain sanity on your thread by cautioning folks who use strong words and abusive languages here... Cos things like these repulse people from participating...

If anyone insults me here again, I'm out.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 8:56am On Jun 14, 2016
oweniwe:

DEAFandDUMB ... It's your thread ... I believe you saw all the trash he posted.

Please try and maintain sanity on your thread by cautioning folks who use strong words and abusive languages here... Cos things like these repulse people from participating...

If anyone insults me here again, I'm out.

Sorry about that Sir .. Will try and call him to order..
Please don't leave..
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2016
tibaonnet:
When the Central system is weaken & states are given more power. Pls is this Federalism or Confederationism?.
Please lecture us if you have the time..

Thanks.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Jonwesley(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

You've done a great job sir.. Well done..
Talking about national conference, I thought we just had one or the resolution of the confab report not OK to you?.. Am yawning to learn more from you Sir..

Meanwhile DSS will very much appreciate your kind of high caliber eyes in their fight against corruption..
Lol

Certainly, I welcome the resolutions of the confab with whole heart. What a beauty to behold Nigerians gather to talk their differences. How I wish the national assembly can do the needful on those resolutions. That's would be a way to solving the impasse created and douse the cravings from agitators.

Now discussing the National confab here will be a huge digression from your topic. Maybe again as an enlightened mind you can raise that topic another time.

Your humour caught me unawares, but I'm available to help the DSS on my ability to xray body parts without going inside or body unclad. Wao! A killer pose and such curves can be a bait to a hungry or starved homosapiens.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by masseratti: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
I should be a westerner but I'm referred to as middle belt. I am a minority in my state. But we know how we make our voice heard. All you do is complain on nairaland.

Define restructuring.
You can't.
I can bet my life on it.
You don't even know what it means. Even with dictionary.
Describe true federalism. Same as above.

We complained during slavery
Complained during colonisation
Complained during first republic
Complained during military rule
Complained second republic
Complained from three states
To 9 states
To 19 states
To 36 states
Parliamentary to presidential
Option a 4 to the nonsense we have now.
Without complain epp?
Now it's poor true federalism we want to blame.
Japan and Singapore have no single resource. Other countries rejected them.Israel's surrounded by hostile desert and hostile neighbours. Yet they have thrived .
Federalism de him house de relax una just de blast him name anyhow.
i think alot of people have tried to ignore you on this thread after your debacle with that guy yesterday, but I understand your point of view, we ve had it all and we still complained, I dont know who complained in 1966 when Unitarian Government style was adopted, the military naturally used their own chain of command on the system and we became a unitary state, Nigeria is not the only country military took power and foisted their system of command on the structure, Ghana did but When Military left they went back to the previous system they had.
We are different people, if i cant go up north and have a bottle of beer the way i do here in the south, we are not one,we differ in alot of things yet we deceive ourselves that we are one. Resources control, true federalism and let me add a true republic, bottom up development is the only way out.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by masseratti: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Thanks a lot Sir for that fatherly advice.. I will switch the picture immediately..
fatherly ke? no ooo... trust me, you dont want to see my picture on my dp.... unnecessary attention girls, ladies all sorts, av got enough from my real life, let me find solace in an online faceless forums, Nairaland and Reddit is good enough for me, not yet a father tho,love to be pretty soon.

Nice to have a beauty and brain here, if thats really you cos I still doubt it.

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by DEAFandDUMB(f): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Jonwesley:

Certainly, I welcome the resolutions of the confab with whole heart. What a beauty to behold Nigerians gather to talk their differences. How I wish the national assembly can do the needful on those resolutions. That's would be a way to solving the impasse created and douse the cravings from agitators.

Now discussing the National confab here will be a huge digression from your topic. Maybe again as an enlightened mind you can raise that topic another time.

Your humour caught me unawares, but I'm available to help the DSS on my ability to xray body parts without going inside or body unclad. Wao! A killer pose and such curves can be a bait to a hungry or starved homosapiens.

Am humbled Sir. Issues of National interest need to be brought here for justice to be done on it.. Am highly marveled at the level of great thinkers we have here yet Nigeria is still backward in virtually all sectors..
Thanks a lot for your great comments.. Young ones like myself have learnt more than just enough on this thread..

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by chukuli(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
who stopped you from planting Palm oyel and Co. building refinery and industrial parks
.you just complain,no effort to fix what you can. is it not the same thieves that will come to rule at state level
mention the power that states do not have. you no fit. it's sad that you are the ppl we have to campaign to soon
u are an idiot

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Jonwesley(m): 9:18am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

No now, because of what he said? But he enjoyed what he saw. Why trying to deprive others of such a beauty to behold. Be bold to accept your blessings as endowed by God. Nothing is wrong about the DP. Don't switch please.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by hysteriabox(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2016
Eddygourdo:
Its the exact opposite of what we have, today power is concentrated at the centre at federal level, yet the closet government to the people is the state and local, the federal government generates funds from critucal areas of the country and shares this proceeds on a fixed formular to the states. This method is flawed because it has renderedd us a mono economy heavily dependent on oil. We haven't been able to tap the resources in other states and its very difficult for the dividends on democracy to reach the common man. Thus true federalism in this context is based majorly on resource control. Power must shift to the regions, we must weaken the government at the centre and transfer power to the regions. This means states would generate and develop their regions with whatever exists there while the contribute a token to the centre for running federal units like the military and unuversities. This implies that nigeria woould become a diversified economy faster in that structure than in our current one. That system reduces the importance of the president on local affairs and eliminantes traibal and religious bias in politics, as regional head have to contest amongst his or her own people unlike in the current structure

nice points sir. However, i have a few concerns which u seem well learned to help clear out.

1. Has federalism practically worked in any nation in Africa where ethnic/religious diversity is heavily present? Cos it may work in Europe or US but they dont have these peculiar problems
2. Will it not have a negative impact of patriotism? Cos our ethnic bigotry has eaten deep, it ll only be a matter of time before a region gets powerful enough to threaten and eventually form a colony
3. What ll be its impacton our unity? Cos no zone ll seat and allow any other zone to use its resources to find footing in a bid to be financially free
4. How accountable and responsible ll each zone be to d FG. Each zone ll practically be more powerful than d FG, and constant demand for accountability/responsibility may lead to outright rebellion. Especially when d president is not prefered by some zones. Imagine PMB telling d east to put their books together...or GEJ telling d north dsame
5. Will an already running region in terms of resources-like d ND- be willing to help other regions kick start their quest for development by allowing their proceeds to be used? Now that wont happen. D enmity on ground wont allow for such.

Please respond sir. Tnx

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by oweniwe(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Sorry about that Sir .. Will try and call him to order..
Please don't leave..

Okay...

Personally... I don't understand why Northerners are against restructuring the country even when they know the present system is also improverishing them.

After producing most of the country ' s rulers, they still don't have anything to show for it and are even worse than the south in terms of human capital development.

The fact that people divorce doesn't stop people from getting married .... So why should the fear of secession make them stand so strongly against fiscal federalism, regionalism or confederation?

All these talks about Nigeria disintergrating... Forget it... No sane Nigerian wants Nigeria to break because we all have interests in other parts of the country.

But I cannot say... Because we stand to lose properties or whatever, ... That doesnt mean We should continue to endure bad government, dilapidated infrastructure, epileptic power supply till heavens know when Nigeria will overcome all these challenges with the present system of government.

Properties /Business can be rebuilt within 10-15 years so the fear of lose properties or business does not scare me.

I just hate it when... Before I can do anything, I have to go lick federal bum bum before I can do what I want to do... It discourages investments.

If they will restructure the country, fine... But if they don't agree, I cannot continue to endure Nigeria the way it is.

Person is eating jeje at restaurant and police stray bullet go shot am dead... What kind of nonsense is that?

Everybody should go their way jare.

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by 49cents(m): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
no my patriotic but ignorant brother, laziness bred laziness. it has nothing to do with system of govt. how is it systems fault that ppl refuse to hold their councillor to task.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Your argument for pro-active citizenry is anything but realistic of practical.

Why do you think that kids from poor backgrounds use their talents more than their counterparts who never experienced hunger for a day?

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Standing5(m): 9:51am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:

Wait how does the fg breed laziness exactly.
Imagine for example
your father refused to pay your school fees so you won't look for alternative. Did the fg hold the govnor or senators. When they were looting did the fg stop them. Who is holding the Civil servants from farming when they know salary will not be steady.who is stopping... You know what I give up. When you become govnor.don't do anything. Spend 8 years blaming fg
Use ur brain bros n stop using stupíd example of a father not paying your sch fees. Why didn't aregbesola pursue his 'profitable' cocoa or cashew nut venture when oil sold for record high amount? Why is he investing in cocoa when now that the state is in debt? Use ur brain and stop advancing silly argument.
You said "who held the people from farming?", the easy oil money did. If the money wasn't there, people would be farming and the government would be supporting them with infrastructures like dams, irrigation and storages to boost profit and therefore tax with which to fund its activities if it didn't have alternative of easy oil money available.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by oweniwe(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2016
hysteriabox:

nice points sir. However, i have a few concerns which u seem well learned to help clear out.

1. Has federalism practically worked in any nation in Africa where ethnic/religious diversity is heavily present? Cos it may work in Europe or US but they dont have these peculiar problems

2. Will it not have a negative impact of patriotism? Cos our ethnic bigotry has eaten deep, it ll only be a matter of time before a region gets powerful enough to threaten and eventually form a colony
3. What ll be its impacton our unity? Cos no zone ll seat and allow any other zone to use its resources to find footing in a bid to be financially free
4. How accountable and responsible ll each zone be to d FG. Each zone ll practically be more powerful than d FG, and constant demand for accountability/responsibility may lead to outright rebellion. Especially when d president is not prefered by some zones. Imagine PMB telling d east to put their books together...or GEJ telling d north dsame
5. Will an already running region in terms of resources-like d ND- be willing to help other regions kick start their quest for development by allowing their proceeds to be used? Now that wont happen. D enmity on ground wont allow for such.

Please respond sir. Tnx

1. No sane Nigerian wants it to disintegrate.... America is like that.. though they have their differences, they are not unitarized like Nigeria ... If u gives states/regions resources /financial freedom ... Honestly, they will be satisfied.

What you didn't ask is... Why would states want to break away? You know the causes of the Nigerian civil war... Were the grievances of the eastern region addressed by Gowon led FG? Look at the woman who was killed for blasphemy in kano... Thousand of southerners from the east (not only igbos) were mudered like that... What did the FG do to resolved the grievances? Nothing

Aburi accord was there... Did gowon adhere to it? No

It's like marriage ... If you sit down with your husband / wife and work out ur differences... Ur marriage will last long

its the same with reverting to regionalism... If the FG plays diplomatic /mediatory role... Even courts will be there to settle disputes... Everybody will be satisfied.

2. There's nothing like patriotism in Nigeria today... It only when they want to share money or success, that is when they are patriotic... Every other thing is tribe...!!..

Who patriotism don help sef? Will patriotism fill my belle? When agencies of government oppress the people, how will you have patriotism?

If a German, American or Chinese wants to die for their country, I will understand because the government takes care of their people ... Now ask me if I can die for Nigeria ... Am I mad?

Look at IDPs... Flood /disaster camps in the country ... It is the states that are managing them... Awolowo ' s free Education did magic for the western region ... If fiscal federalism will make states take Better care of their citizens, I'm all for it.

3&4 are related to my answers in 1 and 2...

5.. the same way states borrow funds... Loans, bonds, bilateral loans, BOOT and other numerous financing options ... They will take care of their needs that way..

Why should Kano give free money to Zamfara to blow?

2 Likes

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Zoehill(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2016
babasoadaj:
MY OPINION.....
A. The time to plan true federalism is NOW. PMB shld encourage each region to develop a long term plan to develop themselves. At least 4 GOOD GUYS from each state shld be member of the THINK TANK for each region. Give them 2 years to map out the strategies to develop that region.
B. ALL the region shld have a single account with the CENTRAL BANK at the Federal. ALL transactions go thru the central bank TSA account of that region. Federal government collects 40% of all transactions from d regions to run the MILITARY...ADMINISTRATION......POLICE......RESEARCH.......SUPERVISION
REGIONAL CBN work in tandem with FEDERAL CBN who periodically make available d accounts of each region known to their people. REGIONS shld have access to their money 24/7
C. REGIONAL POLICE shld be under d control of the FEDERAL POLICE. Recruitment shld be done in such a way that trained police shld be sent to their states to work. Federal police constituted in such a way that all the regions are EQUALLY represented. Having six inspector general of police at the federal police level is not a bad idea.
D. DEATH PENALTY FOR CORRUPT PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND FORFEITURE OF THE ASSETS OF PRIVATE CORPORATIONS INVOLVED IN ANY FORM OF CORRUPTION SHOULD BE BOLDLY WRITTEN IN OUR CONSTITUTION. EFCC shld be maintained at d federal level.
E. Correct database for each region shld be maintained. NIN/BVN is compulsory to access services.Preliminary NIN shld be issued at the point of birth....labour ward.....Primary,secondary and tertiary health centers........and later validated with Population commission before the age of 2.
F.FREE COMPULSORY EDUCATION up to SS3 in all the regions. Sponsored by the region but supervised by the FG. JAMB SHLD CONDUCT SSCE n UTME
G. NIG DEFENCE ACADEMY RESTRUCTURED. Equal number of cadets from each region shld be taken yearly. Promotion of officers shld cut across each region and based strictly on merit.

Finally.......

I want to thank NL admin for starting this thread. I think we shld be seen using the internet to plan our future.

Baba, you have said it all. If i am in a position to give you a national honor..............surely you will have 1
Long Live Baba.......
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Nakuza(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Eddygourdo:
Its the exact opposite of what we have, today power is concentrated at the centre at federal level, yet the closet government to the people is the state and local, the federal government generates funds from critucal areas of the country and shares this proceeds on a fixed formular to the states. This method is flawed because it has renderedd us a mono economy heavily dependent on oil. We haven't been able to tap the resources in other states and its very difficult for the dividends on democracy to reach the common man. Thus true federalism in this context is based majorly on resource control. Power must shift to the regions, we must weaken the government at the centre and transfer power to the regions. This means states would generate and develop their regions with whatever exists there while the contribute a token to the centre for running federal units like the military and unuversities. This implies that nigeria woould become a diversified economy faster in that structure than in our current one. That system reduces the importance of the president on local affairs and eliminantes traibal and religious bias in politics, as regional head have to contest amongst his or her own people unlike in the current structure
I love this.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Stevez32(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
one question.
no critical thinking involved.
who built this American system you gush about.?
it fell from heaven ba.?
think or at least do extensive research bfor you insult ppl you don't know on subjects you are I'll informed to comment on.

I challenge you to mention the part of the ''system '' that stops a governor from developing his state.
fashola was opposed by obj/pdp when he achieved most of his achievements in Lagos o.

Your last sentence underlined how dumb you are. So fashola was governor during obj's tenure? Do you live in a cave?

1 Like

Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Oildichotomy(m): 10:20am On Jun 14, 2016
saintdennis:

Bro NORTH and SOUTH Korea wasn't well managed always Google your thoughts b4 posting them.

Some people will use that point of urs to argue blindly in some quarters.

NORTH N SOUTH KOREA war (basically a proxy war btw U.S n Russia during the cold war) caused the war and eventual seperation of the two countries (not due to ethnicity or religion) but due to ideology. The soviets n Chinese occupied the north n u.s occupied the south.

THOSE who were trapped in the south n north. Became the citizens..NOBODY WAS ALLOWED TO CROSS BORDERS!
Till today 'reunification is one of the main campaign topics during elections (in the south). As for the north any one who tries to escape is SHOT!

Sk or Nk are technically "still @ war" and tomorrow if an animal (chicken or lion) is seen crossing the DMZ IT WILL BE SHOT! That's how serious the situation is!

I was expecting this line of rebuttal which is quite typical of Nairaland arguments.

I was very much aware of the tense situation hence I used worst while describing it. so save the Google epistle you reeled out.

You simply took the North & South Korea worst case example I gave and made a meal out of it
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by daveson2020(m): 10:25am On Jun 14, 2016
First of all, Nigeria is not a nation, Nigeria is a country. Then about the federalism of a thing I think we need to try it out because we have been practicing this one but it wasn't working. If we try fiscal federalism and fail then the best thing to do is to divide the country. Toyourtent ohh Israel!
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by forgiveness: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2016
lionshare:
From this thread the problem of this country can be ascertained...

Bros, what is the form of government the UK is practicing?

Where three or four countries in one but is controlled by one government.

Each countries have their own police, assemble, athletes representing them international, and control their resources etc.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by saintdennis(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2016
Oildichotomy:
I was expecting this line of rebuttal which is quite typical of Nairaland arguments.

I was very much aware of the tense situation hence I used worst while describing it. so save the Google epistle you reeled out.

You simply took the North & South Korea worst case example I gave and made a meal out of it

I don't need lessons in comprehension dude...i'm jes letting u know the north-korea example is one u shouldn't use to defend your stance.

That worst case scenario u mentioning right now can lead to a world war so I only pointed out why it was a bad thing to add.

#simple.
Re: True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. by Kay17: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2016
Eddygourdo:
A new structure would have a lot of benefits to the people. Especially in areas of delivering the dividends of democracy to the masses. Nigeria is plagues by divisiveness which has hampered our development, strengthing the regions bridges that gap on tribal and religious bias, people will feel more xomfortable with their leaders, this structure will ensure a disjointed development approach. Where states focus on their areas of comparative advantages. Many states in nigeria lie dormant with resopect to their over all contribution. Developments at state and local levels will aim at creating emerging markets and job growth. the growth of any region will be dependent on the mental nous of the governor of that region as as well as the supposrting regional government arms.

The advantages of a decentralized system is so great especially in a divisive nigerian system

1. Would the new regions solve the issue of tribal and ethnic bias or promote it?

2. How large would the regions be?

3. How much independence would they be given?

4. Can Federalism be too much?

5. How would the Conflicts between the regions be resolved?

6. Is this Federalism centred around natural resources?

7. Does the failure and lack of imagination of the present State and local government damage the prospects of federalism?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures As Osinbajo Visits The National War Museum In Umuahia / Unconfirmed: Former Cso To President Jonathan,dies In Sss Custody / New Video Of President Buhari In Jos Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.