Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? (3119 Views)

Kenyan Woman - I'm Treating My Nigerian Husband with Good Sex Today / My Nigerian Boyfriend Wants To Bleach / Kenyan Lady Calls Out Her Nigerian Friend For Stealing What Belongs To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2016
So what everybody is saying that he will go back to his wife and he not serious with me and a player
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2016
Smellymouth:
Keep your distance and try to vamp up your own love life. You can replace your crush on him with a crush on somebody else who is single and available. Start going on dates, online, where ever.

At the end of the day, he's married.

You don't want to mess with that. Moral issues aside, getting involved with a married men will hugely complicate your life.

Yes I'm experiencing that now. At this point I'm cool on dating I'm just going to continue focusing on my work is don't need these problems I don't date online I meet men by chance usually I'm pretty successful in this area but this situation proves otherwise
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:48am On Jun 14, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
The first to comment just said what i had in mind. He is married, there is no guarantee he wont leave you for another person if he should leave his wife for you. Tell him to forget about you.

The Op too "was" married too! So what's your point??
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:
So what everybody is saying that he will go back to his wife and he not serious with me and a player

Not really! Those were very subtle "reality check". I rather honestly advice you to follow you heart and fight "sensibly" for what you want, while at the same time not compromising your standards.

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Mekzyzeus(m): 6:53am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

Not really! Those were very subtle "reality check". I rather honestly advice you to follow you heart and fight "sensibly" for what you want, while at the same time not compromising your standards.
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=modelmike7 post=46553416]...... You only talking based on what he told you, you don't know the true position of things between him and his wife. Well, make your choice lady. All the very best.

He never says anything bad about her just random stuff slips out and like I said the marriage is her responsibilitie too
who just up and leave their man. You guys can't be one sided 1 person can't fix a marriage
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by SmellingAnus(m): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

How am I preventing him from seeing or talking to his kids. This separation didn't start bcuz of me I met him separated I may never let him "enter" me. And do nigerian men claim to be in love only to get sex wouldn't that be too risky considering "he may go back to his wife"
I actually feel that man is a good man but I also think it's not worth investing your time and emotions in... The risk is just too high to ignore
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Smellymouth: 6:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

Yes I'm experiencing that now. At this point I'm cool on dating I'm just going to continue focusing on my work is don't need these problems I don't date online I meet men by chance usually I'm pretty successful in this area but this situation proves otherwise

All the best ma'm..

Life is too short to be spent unhappy..

Cc: lalasticlala..
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 14, 2016
Mekzyzeus:

Whewwww do you know hard this is..... I'm exhausted trying to do the right thing but want to just say Bleep it and get what I want but like I said it's more than just me in this situation I can't play myself tho
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

I said you should leave him alone cos you said in your write up that you stopped talking to him for several weeks and then u started texting him back.

See I believe u know what's fair and what's not. If u really wanna cut ties completely with this man. U know just what to do. And he will never be able to reach you again.

But in the end.. after all said n done, we can only but proffer advise , the final decision lies in your hands.

After he kept trying to contact me of course!
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=avril9 post=46553431][/quote]

I really feel this way thats why I fell back. I have my own divorce issues and I just appreciate when we talk we are all positive he says I'm the female version of him we both could be having so much going on but we keep it to ourselves he is my friend really
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 14, 2016
SmellingAnus:
I actually feel that man is a good man but I also think it's not worth investing your time and emotions in... The risk is just too high to ignore

I agree. I pray to have the strength to just do what's right Ive never experienced such temptation it's crazy
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

I appreciate the honesty. I feel the exact same way but I'm going through it now he just said he love me our love feels so innocent it's not forced and I just think he is really busy and overworked he goes to work at 7am and will facetime me at 7pm and still be at work so that explains our phone issues. Then he has obligations to his friends and family he is such a strong man that's why I don't complain when he texts multiple times a day then stop, him finding the time is astonishing but he is married. I told him when he gets a divorce call me lol

Lolz @ the emboldened..
You might end up waiting for that forever .
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
That is the more reason you should try and detach yourself from him now before you get hurt.. From all indications you have developed feelings for him. Every one has issues in their marriages, as hard as it may be for you, encourage him to resolve his issues with his wife. Make him understand his children are his responsibilities no matter how his wife behaves about it. Then and then have you become a good friend to him. There is no quaranty he might not leave you tomorow for another person when you guys have issues if he should leave his wife for you. And they might resolve their issues at your back and you end up getting hurt because of how you feel about him already.

Once again I met him separated. He left his wife before he met me their separation has nothing to do with me
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by alobright17(m): 7:14am On Jun 14, 2016
Op from the way you counter people's good advice of staying away from a married man,shows that you posted this thread seeking for people to encourage you on keeping up with the married man.

In your post you never said he is separated but suddenly in other to make your quest matured you now added it,from the way things are now and from the good advice you rejected I think and believed your mind has already been made.please continue with him but do not come back here and tell us about how wicked Nigerian men are.

He is separated is that what he told you or what you know for sure?We Men are very good actors when we wanted something from ladies as Mimzy said she is a lady and she know what she is talking about.
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

Lolz @ the emboldened..
You might end up waiting for that forever .

. I trust I will find my way my life doesn't revolve around a relationship thats hasnt even started lol
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 14, 2016
alobright17:
Op from the way you counter people's good advice of staying away from a married man,shows that you posted this thread seeking for people to encourage you on keeping up with the married man.

In your post you never said he is separated but suddenly in other to make your quest matured you now added it,from the way things are now and from the good advice you rejected I think and believed your mind has already been made.please continue with him but do not come back here and tell us about how wicked Nigerian men are.

He is separated is that what he told you or what you know for sure?We Men are very good actors when we wanted something from ladies as Mimzy said she is a lady and she know what she is talking about.

Read my post again i said we both are seperated and I don't need anybody to encourage me to do anything rather a bunch of strangers agree or not I will do what I feel best I posted bcuz he is nigerian and maybe you guys could explain this behavior to me
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

You didn't mention in your post that the man is separated from his wife . This is what u said below op

If him and his wife don't live together then what's does that mean? Separated right
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

Read my post again i said we both are seperated and I don't need anybody to encourage me to do anything rather a bunch of strangers agree or not I will do what I feel best I posted bcuz he is nigerian and maybe you guys could explain this behavior to me

This thread is unnecessary then my dear...
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

If him and his wife don't live together then what's does that mean? Separated right

You said they don't live together but they travel to USA together.
For all u know, they might not be living together for numerous reasons. It could be work related or any other factor.

The fact that they ain't living together doesn't necessarily mean that they are separated.
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
Alobright17 .

Good morning
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2016
Can people please stop replying trying to take away from the topic and stop making up shit and trying to tell me what I expect from complete strangers. If I wanted to hide the fact that he is married but separated I wouldn't have mentioned it ok but I'm grown and pretty sure no one on here is perfect so please go away so I finish getting advice I agreed with several people bcuz my thoughts are the same
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

For all u know, they might not be living together for numerous reasons. It could be work related or any other factor.

The fact that they ain't living together doesn't necessarily mean that they are separated.

Well I guess it's just different for Americans bcuz If my husband don't live with me it's over! What reason could it be he is a older man no one is in college both people live in nigeria
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
modelmike7:
....... Interesting, and it never crossed your mind 'if another woman' fight hard enough in the nearest future , she could win him from you also? Think about this lady!
if he is divorced I think the man is worth giving a second chance cause you don't know the basis of the divorce. I still believe some divorce men are faithful and worth being loved. Don't you think she should give it a try(if he is divorced)?
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

This thread is unnecessary then my dear...

Okay so why do you keep posting goodbye Okay you are seeking attention and I have none to give you anymore
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

Okay so why do you keep posting goodbye Okay you are seeking attention and I have none to give you anymore

Ha now this is funny...

Seeking attention yh? Cos I didn't edge u on? It's aii. Enjoy ur day .
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by alobright17(m): 7:34am On Jun 14, 2016
I found out he and his wife didn't live together but traveled to America together......as separated couples or business partners?you're divorced and he is separated grin

Meanwhile we Nigerians both male and female kept explaining the behavior of a typical Nigerian married man but your mind has been made up from your stance.

Meanwhile be ready to host him and that said separated wife in the nearest future and do not see him as a wicked person because you knew it from the onset that you're trading on a danger zone,don't feel shy to write how good or BAD the whole thing turn out to be.

In Lucky Dube's voice, IS NOT EASY TO UNDERSTAND IT SON.

1 Like

Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by alobright17(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:
Alobright17 .

Good morning

Our Miss NL fine morning dear,Wish I dey play lotto I for win win it this week.
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 14, 2016
alobright17:
I found out he and his wife didn't live together but traveled to America together......as separated couples or business partners?you're divorced and he is separated grin

Meanwhile we Nigerians both male and female kept explaining the behavior of a typical Nigerian married man but your mind has been made up from your stance.

Meanwhile be ready to host him and that said separated wife in the nearest future and do not see him as a wicked person because you knew it from the onset that you're trading on a danger zone,don't feel shy to write how good or BAD the whole thing turn out to be.

In Lucky Dube's voice, IS NOT EASY TO UNDERSTAND IT SON.

I'm separated he is separated the only thing I've heard was the negative like I said I don't need no one to agree the comments seemed mindless and not well thought out I agreed with the one that crossed my mind as well I just don't see this as negative as you guys make it if he is leading me on then he is wicked who tell someone they love them just to have a sex. And love is never enough we are compatible I suggested a one night stand before lol and he said no I always give him a out I will never hold on to a man who wants to leave i just don't understand his actions he is so into me but it's like he is always doing something I wonder is it part of his nature or is he playing me but I guess posting on this thread was the wrong idea since in your eyes I'm breaking up a "happy home" or being a tricked by someone who constantly pursuing me I'm sure it's plenty of woman in Nigerian why spend so much time jumping thru hoops spending money flying here when it's girls out there who wouldn't require so much emotionally. He has money I sure he would buy a prostitute so no I'm not gonna agree with what doesn't match our situation
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2016
mimzy:

My point exactly he seems lonely I wouldn't have left him nothing could make me leave the man I love and is married to
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by alobright17(m): 8:06am On Jun 14, 2016
Abprettyneat:

I'm separated he is separated the only thing I've heard was the negative like I said I don't need no one to agree the comments seemed mindless and not well thought out I agreed with the one that crossed my mind as well I just don't see this as negative as you guys make it if he is leading me on then he is wicked who tell someone they love them just to have a sex. And love is never enough we are compatible I suggested a one night stand before lol and he said no I always give him a out I will never hold on to a man who wants to leave i just don't understand his actions he is so into me but it's like he is always doing something I wonder is it part of his nature or is he playing me but I guess posting on this thread was the wrong idea since in your eyes I'm breaking up a "happy home" or being a tricked by someone who constantly pursuing me I'm sure it's plenty of woman in Nigerian why spend so much time jumping thru hoops spending money flying here when it's girls out there who wouldn't require so much emotionally. He has money I sure he would buy a prostitute so no I'm not gonna agree with what doesn't match our situation

Like I said again In Lucky Dube's Voice........IS NOT EASY TO UNDERSTAND IT SON.please I will follow and pm you so as to be in constant contact as the drama unfolds,Please try and keep me informed so I can learn from you,life is a lesson no one knows better.
Re: Is My Nigerian Friend Serious About Me? by jesse515: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Naija babes be givin u answers within dia thoughts. Mimzy tryin so hard to make u understand. (pls listen to dem o, a naija babe can smell fire from a thousand mile)

U keep talkin abt his work, av u seen him spend all des hours workin?

Bae m a guy n trust me, d guy already knows u ar head ova heels for him, d more he kips actin , no tym due to work, d more ur emotions keeps playin on u. Make more enquiries abt dis our nigerian bros, spend more tym wit him, say straight 3hrs afta wwork. For God's sake don't mess him yet.

(feelin terrible m burnin a brothers cable)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Ladies Can You Answer This Question? / I'm Curl Up In Bed Now.. . I Won't Go Out Today. She Broke My Heart / Check Out This Viral Photo Of A Lady Who Stepped Out In See-through Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.