Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program (59599 Views)

N Power Program Official Secret Selection Criteria Revealed! / Facts You Need To Know About N-power / A Nairalander Has Been Selected For The N-power Program (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by fridayj(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
see trap..:-ofor where
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
A source in the civil service(fCDA) to be precise said thing going round in d civil service is that dia won't b any fg recruitment into the civil service for this 2year period and after diz 2years a high number of diz graduate will b integrated into the civil services into different ministry depending on your field (still a rumor for NW sha) so if u don't want to apply good choice and if u apply good choice for u...but saying u won't b able to be employed by the fg during diz period Na biggest lie of the first oda that u would have u heard of intra or inter ministry transfer.your payrol will only stop in the npower and u will continue receiving your earnings in the new appointment.. If u don't want to apply no b by force ...who tell u say fg dey recruit in mass like diz or can u tell me it's easy ?and au many pple dey get employment to the so-called federal government job or state in a year.talk with source like mine....who said DAT blantant lie

1 Like

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=ademoladeji post=46561023][/quote]

a source in the civil service(fCDA) to be precise said thing going round in d civil service is that dia won't b any fg recruitment into the civil service for this 2year period and after diz 2years a high number of diz graduate will b integrated into the civil services into different ministry depending on your field (still a rumor for NW sha) so if u don't want to apply good choice and if u apply good choice for u...but saying u won't b able to be employed by the fg during diz period Na biggest lie of the first oda that u would have u heard of intra or inter ministry transfer.your payrol will only stop in the npower and u will continue receiving your earnings in the new appointment.. If u don't want to apply no b by force ...who tell u say fg dey recruit in mass like diz or can u tell me it's easy ?and au many pple dey get employment to the so-called federal government job or state in a year.talk with source like mine....who said DAT blantant lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by informationvila: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
With IT this is possible oo but could that be the only purpose OP?

HAVE YOU HEARD?

SAD: Immediate Past Ambassador To South Africa Assassinated – Read Details
https://www.nairaland.com/3166873/sad-immediate-past-ambassador-south

Omg Poem Or Reality- This My Jesus Sef Written By Charly Boy
https://www.nairaland.com/3166833/omg-poem-reality-jesus-sef

Shocking: Picture Of 52 Year Old Driver Caught With 14year Old Oga Daughter
https://www.nairaland.com/3155753/shocking-picture-52-year-old
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
uc4uandc:
Its quite relieving after the FG announced the commencement of the N-power program as many unemployed graduated seemed hopeful. This program is said to absorb over 600,000 graduate. Nobody enjoys being unemployed though but, I want you to know how tired up you will be in this program once you are given the job.
Remember they requested for ur BVN?
This means that after you apply for the job, you will not be able to apply for other Government job thereafter. As it will read in there database that you are already employed at the Federal level, there is no flexible potting. A friend who works with with a Federal Secondary School shared how he went for an interview during the CBN recruitments and after performing excellently, they told him he had a Job under the same FG through his BVN. So, if you wish to apply for this job, consider not getting any other Federal Jobs. While this may be a way to reduce unemployment think of the implications it will have in your life.
Just like NYSC, you will be supervised, you will not be allowed to leave a particularly area. Really NYSC part II
You will be tired up with 23k for 2yrs.......reflect on that
A source in the civil service(fCDA) to be precise said thing going round in d civil service is that dia won't b any fg recruitment into the civil service for this 2year period and after diz 2years a high number of diz graduate will b integrated into the civil services into different ministry depending on your field (still a rumor for NW sha) so if u don't want to apply good choice and if u apply good choice for u...but saying u won't b able to be employed by the fg during diz period Na biggest lie of the first oda that u would have u heard of intra or inter ministry transfer.your payrol will only stop in the npower and u will continue receiving your earnings in the new appointment.. If u don't want to apply no b by force ...who tell u say fg dey recruit in mass like diz or can u tell me it's easy ?and au many pple dey get employment to the so-called federal government job or state in a year.talk with source like mine....who said DAT blantant lie
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Asiecam05(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Over 35million people don apply already, the site is soo traffic jammed, if u want to apply its best at midnight,

but this bvn thing, nahwahoo....
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
#Tied not tired....typo error.
Couldn't modify it
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Leoswaggs(m): 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Consula:
Is DJ Cuppy's father a political office holder
did I mention anybody's name?oversabi sabi go kil u
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by paradodo: 5:56am On Jun 15, 2016
Its very sad that we are waisting our precious time for this token online thing instead of thing of better thing to do....they know what they are doing.the said FG have luck the sit for 2days now so that i cant submit me application,this is not fair if truly they want to employed..
Theonlyway:
Don't let us be fooled by politicians. Government cannot create jobs and has never been able to do so. Creating an enabling environment has been a difficult task for them over the years. Managing common assets in the country have been like getting to Everest. Now you want them to create jobs that they could not create when they had all the money. For many years they have not be able to fully implement a simple budget. I laugh at those who want to put their future in hands of a government whose hands are already full with inabilities. Too much crisis to chew. Dwindling revenue from oil, crashing tax revenue from power starved companies who can longer make enough profit to pay tax and low VAT from low purchasing power of consumers. Need I say more?
I know you are comfortable with news likes, “400,000 Registrations In 36 Hour at the just opened Nigeria Government Job site” or “Over 500,000 candidates apply for police job”. That is just to exposed the desperation of Nigerians who are unemployed and the thousands who have just lost their jobs these past months. It could be an opportunity for scammers both in government quarters and in the public domain. We did not start today to hear of Customs, Immigration, Quarantine, NDLEA, DSS, Police and the Federal Civil Service recruitment programmes. In fact, that of custom is almost every month and they still don’t have enough staff to man their different positions. Who is deceiving who?
I will prefer government focus on their area of expectation. creating an enabling environment and watch people like Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Hope Eno, (you can put your name here) Unilever, PZ, Shoprite, Justrite, Mr Biggs’ Alaba International market and thousands of small businesses who employ one to ten persons to thrive and create more sustainable jobs. Yes, the government can make the noise and give empty promises on jobs, but we all know where that always end. The immigration Job saga is still by the corner, yet to enter the history books. Let us not bite our fingers twice. Our generation must not be taken for a ride. Give us the opportunity and will beat the skies. Time to create our own future. Don’t wait for government. More on creating jobs on 08023982600
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by paradodo: 5:57am On Jun 15, 2016
Its very sad that we are waisting our precious time for this token online thing instead of thing of better thing to do....they know what they are doing.the said FG have luck the sit for 2days now so that i cant submit me application,this is not fair if truly they want to employed..
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by paradodo: 6:06am On Jun 15, 2016
the sit as been shut down for the past two days,i really dont know if it would work again,please what should one do now any alternative?
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 6:32am On Jun 15, 2016
People........ I never intended to discharge ur energy of applying for the N-power program, I only stated a few spikes you should watch out for before racing on the road.
I still stand on the BVN thing.... it may have other uses too.
Meanwhile, you should not channel all your energy towards getting a government job (its like catching a fish with your bare hands) which can be tough break.
If we can be sincere with ourselves, we wouldn't concur to the 23k called salary..... haba!. I know many (or most) graduates are suffering, there are no jobs in the country and when the Government provides "Multiple Jobs" they pay penny as salary.......which isn't up to minimum wage kai!.#sadface.
My point is simple, why not reduce the number; say 300,000 and pay them well (50k), that will be acceptable and the successful ones will enjoy being a graduate. Remember the government is a role model for other private companies and parastatals. If the government pay graduate this kind of salary, how much den can the private pay? That's why graduates get pay meant for ONDs. Am not stopping anyone from getting the job (ur future is in ur hands).
This is how they control the society, they starve you and at the end give u a coin.........Dear NairaLanders I feel like exploding while writing this.....I like to ask this question to get your mind where mine is at..
ARE THERE SONS, DAUGHTERS, FRIENDS and FAMILIES in this kind of programs?
Now you see...... Voice out fellow Nigerians
Quote me today, This Government will boast of this "over 600,000 jobs created.
Good morning Landers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nickyblithe: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Yksoul:
I BEG DONT MIND THIS @uc4uandc SCAMMER,WHAT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVEP STAYED AT HOME FOR 4YEARS WITHOUT ANY JOB? AND SOME THAT HAVE ARE TEACHING IN SCHOOLS COLLECTING 19K.PLEASE, PEOPLE HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.@UC4UANDC,WHILE YOU DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM TAKING CHANCES,DO YOU HAVE BETTER OPTION FOR THEM OR DO YOU HAVE JOBS SOMEWHERE TO GIVE THEM?

He is making a valid point for those of us who will want to get a job at the federal level from now. But for those who don't care much about federal jobs can ho 4 it while hustling for jobs in other parastetals
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by 1miccza: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2016
Nickyblithe:

He is making a valid point for those of us who will want to get a job at the federal level from now. But for those who don't care much about federal jobs can ho 4 it while hustling for jobs in other parastetals

Bros don't mind them,it's so surprising that Poverty and unemployment has made graduates not to reason beyond their nose. If i apply for the same teaching job in a secondary school i stand to be paid 58k or more and a FG is paying me 23k. I can always develop myself and get better jobs before the two years........
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Nickyblithe:

dope
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Yksoul:
I BEG DONT MIND THIS @uc4uandc SCAMMER,WHAT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVEP STAYED AT HOME FOR 4YEARS WITHOUT ANY JOB? AND SOME THAT HAVE ARE TEACHING IN SCHOOLS COLLECTING 19K.PLEASE, PEOPLE HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.@UC4UANDC,WHILE YOU DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM TAKING CHANCES,DO YOU HAVE BETTER OPTION FOR THEM OR DO YOU HAVE JOBS SOMEWHERE TO GIVE THEM?

Don't tag me as that.....try to be reasonable. Learn how to use ur words. I only aired an information, never held anyone back.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by olasunky15(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

Ur comment makes me laugh...
I stay at home all day (most times in my music Studio built in front of my house)...
I make nothing less than 120k a month (worst scenario) since March that I started fiverr... This earning is after I have deducted the cost of running generator 24/7, data for Internet and miscellaneous as I have a family.

Most people might wonder what I do in my studio with generator all day without seeing artists often in my studio... They will never know until I blow... grin grin grin

Now tell me which kain curse go make me go put my head for this Npower rubbish...

Nigerian youths and mostly graduates should open their eyes to opportunities. shocked

pls, tell me more about fiverr.
aola6402@gmail
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
olasunky15:

pls, tell me more about fiverr.
aola6402@gmail

I already posted a link that's on business section of nairaland...
But I guess the mods removed it and I got based for some mins...
Kindly search the business section for the fiverr related thread.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by slizzyvera(f): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2016
I just want to say a proverb here "a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush" you can also correct the proverb if I didn't get it correctly but hey! If care is not taken some might still be unemployed after 5years being restricted by those who shelter/feed them so my dear people, let your inner man guide u.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
This program is a volunteering program so it's optional...and to remind u guyz the money to be paid ranges from 23k to 35k depending on your qualification.(small though) but if anyone can answer diz question.
1.when last did the civil service recruit?
2.do u knw DAT d npower individuals to be employed are not only teachers some will be attached to ministries? mark my word not npower teach.
3.do u knw (still a rumor in the civil service) DAT fg won't recruit in this 2 year period in the civil service?
4.Majority of the npower individuals will be integrated into their place of primary assignment after diz 2year period.?
I talk with source...and I will keep saying if u like apply if u like don't apply...simple.

Also note...hope u guys know you can still work in a private firm cuz saying u wont b able to dat one na big lie..nd u knw dia iz inter or intra ministry transfer again in Nigeria...so anybody in the civil service will knw what am talking about.
so guys after all if fg no even employ you after the program which I know not all will be retained,your CV has been boosted NW..instead of u sitting at home and collecting money from uncles...
but u knw d most funniest thing guys..majority of doze am helping to register don't like diz npower stuff even me sef no like am...may God help us
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=adenin

Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by OlufunshoBC: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
Many applicant don't really understand what the npower scheme is all about.

Like the name suggest empower, it is a special designed programme to empower Nigerian graduate by boosting their employability and self dependability, through a 2 years paid volunteer programme to aid national development in the area of health, agriculture, education and nationalism.

It is believed that for this two years period, successful applicant would have gained an on the job experience and professionalism in the above aforementioned field. Through which, he or she can stand alone providing a professional service or being hired by a prestigious private or public organisation.

Truly, applicant should be driven by self motivation and passion to contribute to the Nigeria national development.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hehehe......heard N-Power is now being extended to August 31st.
Hmmn..I might jes consider registering.....thinking dou, need d skill
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by IrradiatoR: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
salabscholar01:
This job is not by force.... stop complaining. If you're not interested, others are.... stop spoiling the soft minds... people are out there, looking for a #15,000 job to do, yet have not seen one. haba, what is it kwanu? Ogini?

Of course. . .

Moreover, what is wrong in aspiring for something better or less stressful, I feel it is wrong for the guy to have been denied the job based on the fact that he already had a job with the FGN, after all, he will leave the other job if they offered him the new one, thereby creating vacancy in the one he left for another Nigerian to occupy.

The same thing is applicable to the n-power programme. No person should be denied a job because of it, that will be very unfair
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2016
Finally, the supposed registration for N-Power has ended.
Recall that it was stated on the site that the training would start on 1st August, 2016 but was later extended to 31st August, 2016.

There are rumours pouring out like the fountain of water that the N-power will actually commence proper by February 2017 (believe it or not).
This is as a result of improper planning. There are no committee already in place for this course, no venue to train the youths, no fund to pay for the whole process. There is no National leader, no state leaders down to the Local level and community.
If N-Power is your only hope, remember how long it took lagbaja to unveiled his mask, yet, not everyone saw his face.
Federal Government N-Power or not, N-Power yourselves individually.
I wish you the best!
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by meetgaya: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
uc4uandc:
Its quite relieving after the FG announced the commencement of the N-power program as many unemployed graduated seemed hopeful. This program is said to absorb over 600,000 graduate. Nobody enjoys being unemployed though but, I want you to know how tired up you will be in this program once you are given the job.
Remember they requested for ur BVN?
This means that after you apply for the job, you will not be able to apply for other Government job thereafter. As it will read in there database that you are already employed at the Federal level, there is no flexible potting. A friend who works with with a Federal Secondary School shared how he went for an interview during the CBN recruitments and after performing excellently, they told him he had a Job under the same FG through his BVN. So, if you wish to apply for this job, consider not getting any other Federal Jobs. While this may be a way to reduce unemployment think of the implications it will have in your life.
Just like NYSC, you will be supervised, you will not be allowed to leave a particularly area. Really NYSC part II
You will be tired up with 23k for 2yrs.......reflect on that

My friend people change from job to job even government job to government job talk less of n power that has not issue any employment letters. Pls if u don't what post here be guided
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Onpurpose: 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
August is over, what else is keeping this Npower from kicking off.
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by Onpurpose: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
uc4uandc:
Finally, the supposed registration for N-Power has ended.
Recall that it was stated on the site that the training would start on 1st August, 2016 but was later extended to 31st August, 2016.

There are rumours pouring out like the fountain of water that the N-power will actually commence proper by February 2017 (believe it or not).
This is as a result of improper planning. There are no committee already in place for this course, no venue to train the youths, no fund to pay for the whole process. There is no National leader, no state leaders down to the Local level and community.
If N-Power is your only hope, remember how long it took lagbaja to unveiled his mask, yet, not everyone saw his face.
Federal Government N-Power or not, N-Power yourselves individually.
I wish you the best!
should I take this as bad news, had so much hope in them starting this month
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Onpurpose:
should I take this as bad news, had so much hope in them starting this month
Subject to change!
Things may come out good
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by joeybankz: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lucky N-power selected candidates will receive 200k for both teachers, Health and Agro sectors
http://www.employnaija.com.ng/www-npower-gov-ng-n-power-applicants-get-200k-weekend/
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by uc4uandc(f): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
Finally, Npower is out.........do you still think it should be a go for?
I heard Tabs and some other gadgets will be issued to successful candidates. Seriously.....?
Re: What Graduates Don't Know About N-power Program by chrysanthus07: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2016
uc4uandc:
Finally, Npower is out.........do you still think it should be a go for?
I heard Tabs and some other gadgets will be issued to successful candidates. Seriously.....?
please what if sumone lerra in the process gets a berra job,hope you 're free to quit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Hiny Umoren Who Went Missing During A Job Interview In Akwa Ibom / This Type Of Resume Can Get You Interview Invites. Stand Out!!! / Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.