Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55916 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2016
this is breath taking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
There's a crowd everywhere. It's not encouraging to down from this bus.

Please can someone name this place. I was not listening to the tour guide. I'm thinking it is Circo Massimo or Plinto Hills.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
@second pic see oyinbo head nah.. do u go in group? I dont get it
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
smithsydny:
@second pic see oyinbo head nah.. do u go in group? I dont get it

You buy a tour bus ticket on the streets and wait for the bus to pass. It is called hop on hop off. Meaning u can always join the bus back when you have finished exploring these places.

The crowd is too much. I'm discouraged to enter these places. Will try again tomorrow after mass
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2016
wanderlustian:

You buy a tour bus ticket on the streets and wait for the bus to pass. It is called hop on hop off. Meaning u can always join the bus back when you have finished exploring these places.

The crowd is too much. I'm discouraged to enter these places. Will try again tomorrow after mass
nice settings buses for tourist.. wooow amazing .. oyinbo swt joooooooooor.. snap for mass 2mro oooo
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Newsi: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
I'm waiting for the main event: the Vatican!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by fredoooooo: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
wanderlustian welcome to Rome , hope you're enjoying it . Don't let let the crowd discourage you . How's your baby ?
I think the vatican museum is free every Sunday , if you're interested you can go inside and see the beautiful work of Michelangelo . You will need lots and lots of patients because of the crowd ..

That's the long queue at the Vatican the last time I was there

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by ken4jj(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice one @ OP. That was how i toured around some years ago.

How many bad roads have you seen? how many open drainage have you seen? How many dirty places have you seen?

when you come back, do us a favor. Curse all stupid Nigerian leaders past and present.

16 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by obinoral1179(m): 12:19am On Jul 10, 2016
ken4jj:

Nice one @ OP. That was how i toured around some years ago.

How many bad roads have you seen? how many open drainage have you seen? How many dirty places have you seen?

when you come back, do us a favor. Curse all stupid Nigerian leaders past and present.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by obinoral1179(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2016
Op I love you for keeping your african identity.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:27am On Jul 10, 2016
Just woke up! Yesterday was so tiring.

The sun here eh! It's like this is the Sun's birthplace! Haba!

Getting ready to set out to the Vatican! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2016
goooooooood my neighbour's ... waitin for the vatican pix yaaaaay
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NePro: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2016
wanderlustian:
Just woke up! Yesterday was so tiring.

The sun here eh! It's like this is the Sun's birthplace! Haba!

Getting ready to set out to the Vatican! cheesy
Lol u never see anything for summer e dey be like say the heat pass for here oooo I no go lie. Like black guys wey winter don fresh finish go still come dark lol,,but for uk u will expect less I mean I get crazy at times for UK weather condition during summer e go be like say nah partial winter u dey. Getting ready to go to the beach,,,am promising a pic lol. But wait guys Shee una know say some girls no dey wear bra dey beach Young girls ooo no be old mama Una get idea of that I go prove am today that is if I get the chance to snap one of them Hehehhe.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just got back from the Vatican! I can't feel my face!

So I left quite early and got there at 9:30am to beat the queue. Any truly I did. The Pope was going to show up at 12 noon (in time for the Angelus, so I took a quick tour of the Basilica.

The words I have to describe the Basilica... I feel like I died and went to Heaven!

9 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2016
Inside the Basilica

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Was late to mass... So we stood, after a while I boned, cos I needed to book space for when Pope will show. More pix from inside. Points to note:

You cannot wear shorts (for men), anything above the knee and sleeveless for women. They will turn you back bllat the door.
There is a security check point before you enter, so don't carry metal objects
Security is tight but not stifling. There are polizia and soldiers and Swiss Guards everywhere.
If you are catholic, buy a souvenir (medal, rosary or water) so you can bless it for your use.
You can get married at the Basilica, yup! Just get a letter from your Parish Priest
Infant baptism is also possible, I witnessed one and was like awwww, cos we baptised the baby the weekend before we traveled (see 3rd pix)
You can also pay Penance at the Basilica and pray at the Blessed Sacrament (see 2nd pix)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
Now back outside...

People came to represent their countries. Many flags were sighted, Argentina, Spain, China, Australia, etc

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
At 12 noon, the Pope emerged from his window... All of you waiting to see Pope grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This was the closest I could get! But I took a video so that y'all can at least hear his voice tongue

10 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
, choooooooooi e be like say I dey there

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NaLaugh: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wanderlustian, I see you're still having a good time. That's nice. smiley
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Schwartz: 5:52am On Jul 11, 2016
Amazing structures. I saw this kind of structures in Liepzip Germany. It was fascinating.With this pictures I am definitely visiting Italy soon. I believe I can get nice clothes at a affordable prices there. Italy, the fashion headquarters of the world.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by doubletroublmum(f): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2016
Hi wanderlustian,

I really admire your strength going to all this places. How is your baby coping? Wish you a great time in Europe
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
doubletroublmum:
Hi wanderlustian,

I really admire your strength going to all this places. How is your baby coping? Wish you a great time in Europe

Thanks a bunch. She's asleep half the time on my chest, back or in a stroller. Time she's most active is at night playing with the other housemates when I really need to snooze!

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by fredoooooo: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
the colloseo ,Spanish step , Castel sant'Angelo ,the forum and other pictures. ... I'm waiting o smiley
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by abduldope(m): 12:35am On Jul 12, 2016
#following BUMPER2BUMPER keep d pix rolling
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Lordkross(m): 6:16am On Jul 12, 2016
wildrose21:
So far, I have been a fan of only one Nairalander- YorubaWoman (because her Yoruba language posts usually gets me cracking)...

Well, I am officially becoming a fan of Wanderlustian.. Reason? Her patience
and cultured manner... 8 pages and no insult or insinuation replied in like manner..

In this era when 'almost everybody blood dey hot', it is a breath of fresh air. It is commendable. Keep it up!!!

She's in Europe now, at least, far from sai Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 6:39am On Jul 12, 2016
fredoooooo:
the colloseo ,Spanish step , Castel sant'Angelo ,the forum and other pictures. ... I'm waiting o smiley

Lol,

Are you naming the pictures I posted?

Anyways, the suffer in Rome is too much. There's too much to see and do within the short time frame. I'm back in Milan. My MIL says I have lost weight from these few days of trekking. Maybe I should trek more often. I'm taking today off to rest. I hope to visit Venice tomorrow, hopefully MIL will take care of the baby while I dash out for a day.

Gradually the 2 weeks is coming to an end! What else can I say?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by jamesoo1: 10:43am On Jul 12, 2016
if you have time you may visit long lake, Lugano Switzerland, is just 1 hour from the Milan Central Station by train, it cost 14 Euro for one way trip, I just came back from there yesterday, is a very nice place to visit.

wanderlustian:

Lol,

Are you naming the pictures I posted?

Anyways, the suffer in Rome is too much. There's too much to see and do within the short time frame. I'm back in Milan. My MIL says I have lost weight from these few days of trekking. Maybe I should trek more often. I'm taking today off to rest. I hope to visit Venice tomorrow, hopefully MIL will take care of the baby while I dash out for a day.

Gradually the 2 weeks is coming to an end! What else can I say?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by fredoooooo: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2016
Wanderlustian, I only recognized the pope John Paul 2 tomb and inside the Vatican ... you have a limited time Sha .
The last time I was there ,I would walked from Roma termini to piazza Venezia . Sit at piazza novona for Caffè. .. Italian Caffè not all these American and British water Coffee oo grin
Did you see the trevi fountain before you leave rome ... ? was under construction the last time I was there .

Venezia is cool cool cool , I was there some years back I could remember my hotel was in mestre ( 5 minutes) train to venezia it was fun ...
In D'uomo(milano) and Venice you're most likely to bump into a celebrity. ...
Where as in Rome central you will be taking caffe and eating in a restaurant with politicians and you won't even recognize them .. it's crazy the gaps poverty created between us in Africa ...
I'm waiting for the pictures from your venezia trip o, enjoy yourself on the boat .. grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wildrose21(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lordkross:

She's in Europe now, at least, far from sai Buhari.
No be lie o... The situation fit make blood boil sef... But her calmness na abinibi...
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by biggiyke(m): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
wanderlustian:

Thanks a bunch. She's asleep half the time on my chest, back or in a stroller. Time she's most active is at night playing with the other housemates when I really need to snooze!

nice to know you both are enjoying your trip.
i have a quick question though. when you applied for your visa, did u submit a confirmed flight reservation as part of your application? i am about submitting my german visa application.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by eunore1: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wanderlustian, I heard there was a train accident in Italy. Far be it from you and your baby that you were involved, kindly post something to confirm this assertion. God protect you and your baby and bring you back home safely in Jesus name. Amen.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.