Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55897 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by NePro: 5:00am On Jul 18, 2016
I missed a lot here was away for long..wow wanderlusta welcome to Naija..we are here all winter and summer. I know your trip was a pleasant one. But if in case you plan coming to Europe again I wil, be happy to be your tour guide, take you place where things happen..btw this summer I guess was different from previous ones cause a lot of people didn't travel because of the terrorist act here in Europe.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by johnmartus(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2016
GenBuhari:
Madam if you travel through the land of wicked savages, may the gods of our land guide and protect you and your baby every step of your journey.
you are now a pastor lol longtime bro
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by omoharry(f): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2016
NePro:
damn always mister know more will always appear from somewhere..in all I wrote here the one you were quick to pick up is bush meat..you travel from north to south of Germany I travel from Germany to mostly eastern part of Europe, does that make any difference to you And those strict procedures of yours don't exist in Serbia,Bulgaria,Hungary and so on because I have personally bought a lot of bush meat enroute. I will look where I saved a pic to post here....and maybe after you can go and introduce those strict laws of yours to Roma people selling bush meat by road sides. Because if you have truly traveled by road out of Germany then there is nothing you can't find by the road sides, call girls are there on road side you can f**k pay 50euro and still continue ur journey a lot of things I can't even name
Ashi for 50 euro..baaaaaaaad guy.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by omoharry(f): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
smithsydny:
I done wait u tire oooooo... u just the nyt beautiful... wish u guys all the best.. the naija wah her money miss tell her to shine eye ooo nah lagos bois full rome oooo.. say me well too little babe. love u guys
how you take know sey na black man thief her money?..na only Nigeria people get stealing for thier DNA?so you belief sey oyinbo nor dey thief too abi? na wa for you ooo!!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by omoharry(f): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
Welldone wanderlustian.I have never followed a thread as this.You are an interesting writer. please wht is the name of that neat hostel again?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by eksammy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
Wow i so enjoyed this thread

Kinda Sad its coming to an end

WanderLustian.....you are really good
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
omoharry:
Welldone wanderlustian.I have never followed a thread as this.You are an interesting writer. please wht is the name of that neat hostel again?

It is DISCOVERY 234 Hostel Via Cernaia 32, Stazione Termini, Rome, 00185, Italy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello beautiful people,

Sorry I have not updated. Had a lot of work pending, been clearing my desk. It was an awesome action packed trip, if you ask me I will do it all over again! grin
We made a lot of great friends, connected and kept in touch via facebook. The lil lady learnt to 'talk' during the trip. She has added itsch, didit, toitoi, wahtoh to her vocabulary, and she grew a tard taller as well, lol!

I did not spend enough time in Germany and Switzerland to give a proper review of their reception but the Italians are just awesome! They are very welcoming and accommodating. I didn't feel a hint of racism, in fact I felt they were too touchy. Quick to hug and kept kissing the lil lady's cheeks without permission.

As a point, I was a live attraction/freak show carrying my baby on my back. Many times people especially women stopped me to ask how I managed to achieve strapping the baby to my back with just a cloth and how safe it was back there. Others, especially at the airport on our way back home, had a good laugh.

Spending in Euros is not quite fun. A plastic bottle of 50 cl coke is over 2 euros (N800) undecided Gave myself a headache from all that conversion. A meal averagely costs 10 euro, already N4,000. I don't think I have every spent that much on a single meal in forever!

What's next? Well I take a road trip to baby daddy who lives and work in the East. Perhaps I should chronicle that as well? Lol, the River Niger and the onitsha bridge is a sight to behold, I kid you not.

I don't know which country my wanderlust will take me to next. One Nairalander has infected me with a keen interest in Argentina and South America as a whole. I may need to be in North America in December, a friend of mine wants us to take a road trip across West Africa (Lagos to Liberia).. I have not decided yet. My plan right now is how to make more money! Lolz!

If you ever catch wanderlust and Europe catches your eye, please drop by and share your experience with us. Especially the countries I did not visit (France, Belgium, Spain etc). Let's see the world through your eyes!

Anyways, this is not goodbye.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
nice too hear from u .. will like u to try west africa route. from Nigeria too gambia then Liberia. that should be nice. hope to drop mine soon.. u guys are blessed
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by omoharry(f): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2016
wanderlustian:

It is DISCOVERY 234 Hostel Via Cernaia 32, Stazione Termini, Rome, 00185, Italy

thanks you.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by xray2: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
Wow Thread of the year 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2017
xray2:
Wow Thread of the year 2016

OMG! I'm flattered!

Won't be a bad idea to do this again in 2017... with a group.

My baby is 16 months old now and a whirlwind! Wowz! I cant believe how much she has changed, but she still loves to travel. We were in Chicago from Sept to Nov and she took her first steps the moment we stepped out of the airport, was so emotional!

So holler me if you think touring Europe again is a fab idea! It's not too early to start planning. I will post visa requirements soon so those interested can start putting together paperwork... or do I start a new thread?

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by fredoooooo: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2017
wanderlustian done lagos-milan-torino-geneve-paris-Brussels , dortmund, Berlin,Munich,Zurich, Lugano,Milan, Rome recently ..
Holla whenever you are in Europe...

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Originalsly: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2017
This thread is pretty much worn!...should open a new one! Planning for a group .... maybe US would be a better destination cause in some thread some people have US visas and are fearing their visas would expire without being used. I guess there are more such persons who would be kinda forced to travel but have no specific destination nor arrangements for accommodation or what to do when they get to the US. Your services can be like Heaven Sent to them!

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... guess you should open a different thread....Visa Requirements would attract a whole lot of traffic! At the same time ..... don't limit your business to those wishing to tour abroad only.... there are lots of second/third generation Nigerians in the diaspora who have never ever set foot here and may be interested in visiting. As for me.... I have absolutely no interest in travelling to Europe... even for free!

To be sincere, I have considered it a number of times, but the security situation scares me. I would not like to be responsible for a group of foreigners. You remember my ordeal in Chicago na
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Originalsly: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2017
wanderlustian:

To be sincere, I have considered it a number of times, but the security situation scares me. I would not like to be responsible for a group of foreigners. You remember my ordeal in Chicago na
I modified my post!....and yes!...I remembered your ordeal in Chicago!.... but in that case the client was leading you and not you leading the client!... that was a trip to hell and back.....in one piece!.... and yes indeed.... security of foreigners here would definitely be a problem!....guess my suggestion looks nice on paper...but in reality....different ball game! If group trip to US... think NYC would be best.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by seguno2: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
wanderlustian:
OMG! I'm flattered!

My baby is 16 months old now and a whirlwind! Wowz! I cant believe how much she has changed, but she still loves to travel. We were in Chicago from Sept to Nov and she took her first steps the moment we stepped out of the airport, was so emotional!

So holler me if you think touring Europe again is a fab idea! It's not too early to start planning. I will post visa requirements soon so those interested can start putting together paperwork... or do I start a new thread?

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Congrats.
You should not be flattered. You deserve this small recognition and even more.
This is actually the time to plan a trip to Europe for early summer say late May/ early June before other better endowed tourists complicate things.
I will advise that you create a new thread and put the link here. Please don't forget to mention us again oh. Lol.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
wanderlustian:

OMG! I'm flattered!

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy
open a fresh thread and hit all the informations there,.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by winnielle(f): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ma'am open a fresh thread... So we don't get it all mixed up... With u all d way... My love to ur cutie..

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by seyema(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Pls try to get a dslr with zoom lens before touring
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by olujastro: 11:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Wanderlustian, great thread I must say!

I love adventures as well and I'm planning a Euro trip this summer. I haven't done this before. I first got inspired to do this several years ago during my bachelors programme in Nigeria after watching the movie "Euro Trip". Now with your audacious step, I long for this more.
Could have taken a vacation for it while working in Nigeria but I was getting tired of things there and decided to put my money together for a masters degree in Europe, and from there embark on my adventurous trip.

I'm looking at spending at least 1 day in say 7 countries but not more than 10 days for the entire trip. From the little mapping I did this morning I managed to come up with a tentative route. From Norway where I reside, fly to Amsterdam(Netherlands), train to Brussels(Belgium), to Paris(France), to Stuttgart(Germany), to Zurich(Switzerland), to Milan(Italy), and fly from Milan finally back to Norway.

My budget for the entire trip is around 500 Euros. I hope that will be sufficient to cover all expenses?
From your experience, train will be my best option to quickly touch all these places in a short time.

I hope my friend here decides to join me on this cos it looks like you wouldn't have enjoyed your trip without your baby's company.
Chao!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
smithsydny:
open a fresh thread and hit all the informations there,.

seconded
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by newacca: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
olujastro:

I love adventures as well and I'm planning a Euro trip this summer. I haven't done this before. I first got inspired to do this several years ago during my bachelors programme in Nigeria after watching the movie "Euro Trip". Now with your audacious step, I long for this more.
Could have taken a vacation for it while working in Nigeria but I was getting tired of things there and decided to put my money together for a masters degree in Europe, and from there embark on my adventurous trip.

I'm looking at spending at least 1 day in say 7 countries but not more than 10 days for the entire trip. From the little mapping I did this morning I managed to come up with a tentative route. From Norway where I reside, fly to Amsterdam(Netherlands), train to Brussels(Belgium), to Paris(France), to Stuttgart(Germany), to Zurich(Switzerland), to Milan(Italy), and fly from Milan finally back to Norway.

My budget for the entire trip is around 500 Euros. I hope that will be sufficient to cover all expenses?
From your experience, train will be my best option to quickly touch all these places in a short time.

I hope my friend here decides to join me on this cos it looks like you wouldn't have enjoyed your trip without your baby's company.
Chao!
When will you be in Milano? There is going to be Milan week btw. 4th-7th April,2007 which I plan going. I reside in Roma. I would like to connect with you if your itinerary coincendentally meets mine.
Ciao.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by olujastro: 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
newacca:

When will you be in Milano? There is going to be Milan week btw. 4th-7th April,2007 which I plan going. I reside in Roma. I would like to connect with you if your itinerary coincendentally meets mine.
Ciao.
I don't have a date yet but it's definitely after my exams in May, during the summer holidays.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by newacca: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
olujastro:

I don't have a date yet but it's definitely after my exams in May, during the summer holidays.
Oh. I don't think I will be in Italy in May. I have to go elsewhere after my exams too grin
I wish you the best in your exams, and happy holiday in advance.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Schwartz: 4:25am On Apr 01, 2017
olujastro:

Chao!
Bros 500€ for the entire trip can't be enough. Use GoEuro app to check transport costs flights and trains to this places with it. Then in addition your internal transportation cost while in this cities. Add your feeding. Feeding while on a holiday is usually more expensive because you will be forced to eat in restaurants all through your vacation. Then factor in hostel or airnb home stay. I didn't mention hotel because with that budget a hotel stay will be definitely out of the question.
Then the best part of vacation which I love the most is the shopping! I can't visit a country without buying something there.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 01, 2017
wanderlustian:

OMG! I'm flattered!

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Wonderlustian I just saw this post. I'm interested!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
seyema:
Pls try to get a dslr with zoom lens before touring

Lolz! I have no idea what that is, but I will accept it if you dash me grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 4:16am On Apr 04, 2017
wanderlustian:

OMG! I'm flattered!

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Our friends at sheswanderful.com couldn't wait to hear about our travels together and how easy is it exactly to travel with a baby? So we were featured in the March 17 Edition of Sheswanderful.com stories. Read all about it in my signature.

Sheswanderful is a US based community of women who love to travel... and are sometimes called "The Sisterhood of Travelling Women"

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Originalsly: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2017
Hmmmm.....I suggest you start a new thread which would attract those now wishing to travel to Europe.....legally!...lotssss of people want to! Congrats on being featured in "The Sisterhood of Travelling Women".... I know very little about babies to comment because I belong to the ehmmm.... "Brotherhood of Wandering Men"
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by AntyLydia: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2017
This is a masterpiece! I can't believe I read from the first to the last page.
Wanderlustan you deserve an award for this work!.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.