Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend (27922 Views)

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP / Man Cuts Man With Cutlass For Preventing Him From Beating His Brother's Wife / Gang Of Boys Attack Young Man For Preventing Them From Seeing His Sister. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by ijustdey: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lagos - A 26-year-old trader, Uchenna Okeke, on Tuesday appeared in an Ikeja Magistrates' Court for allegedly beating up a policeman.

Okeke, a resident of Oluwalimu Street, Ikeja, Lagos, is being tried for breach of peace and assault.

The Prosecutor, Insp. George Nwosu, told the court that the accused committed the offences on June 11 at Ikeja, Lagos.

He said the accused unlawfully assaulted a policeman in uniform attached to MAN Centre Police station for preventing Okeke from killing his lover.

``The accused beat up the complainant and also caused injury to his head,’’ he said.

Nwosu said that the complainant while performing his official duty sighted the accused beating up a woman and dragging her on the ground.

``The police corporal saw the accused beating his girlfriend and dragging her on the ground, he rushed to the scene to prevent the accused from committing murder.

``When he wanted to stop the accused from beating his lover, the accused transferred his aggression to him for preventing him from dealing with his fiancée.
``He beat him up and hit him with a stone on his head which resulted to bleeding,’’ he said.

The offences, said Nwosu, contravened Sections 166 and 171 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011, which on conviction attracts three-year imprisonment.
The accused pleaded innocence of the offences and was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The Magistrate, Mr A.A Adesanya, adjourned the case till July 6 for mention.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/man-beats-policeman-for-allegedly-preventing-him-from-killing-girlfriend/
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by nicerichard05: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
In Case Make I Park Well First

6 Likes

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Kondomatic(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
They no teach the police man to call for backup when the enemy is stronger?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Kondomatic:
They no teach the police man to call for backup when the enemy is stronger?
i wonder o, for him mind he can handle the situation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by AngelAhnie(f): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lagos again?
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
When I saw man beats police, I know it must be an Igbo man. Always beating Nigerian in everything except in elections.

If the news reads, 'man insult a police', it must be a yoruba man. But if it reads 'man stab a police man', we all know the people that does that.

My mouth. My finger.

125 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Johnbosco77(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
why naaaa.. "olokpa is your friend" that's NPF's motto
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
Frustration of a woman can make u not see soldier was in uniform before landing him a slap.... #woman peak frustration

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Ladycloud(f): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dragging his girlfriend on the floor? .. They are not even married... When will girls learn!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by czarr(m): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol grin
^^^which kine backup? cheesy
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Tpave(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
This story is exagerrated. Nigerian police and lies be like Boko Haram and Bomb.

5 Likes

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Samtoby(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
The police man interfere in Love matter grin
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by yordha(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Double wahala.... Shey your eye don clear now
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by goodyearsam123(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
What if he call the backup and they say no fuel to drive

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by jeje123(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
You beat government you pay dare for it, if you beat ordinary citizen we call it civil matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by CertifiedSamuel: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
When will 'boys' learn to stop resolving to beating women??

For crying out loud, they re weaker vessels and there are better ways to handle them rather than laying hands on them.

Aaaaargh!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by jzdoberman: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Lagos again?

Wetin do Lagos sad

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by tempest01(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
The man is wrong for beating up his girlfriend.

But all these policemen go dey slap person, dey hit person....them drop gun for ground, you beat them well, then go run go court dey shout assault on public officer.

3 Likes

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by gbaskiboy: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Don't blame the man, blame the economic meltdowns in the country.. A frustrated soul
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by alabama78: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
The policeman is not well trained at all, I trust myself.
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by skillet(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
The man should be forcibly conscripted into the army.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Young03(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
chooo
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by SmithHumble50: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dis is serious
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by jeje123(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
hopsydboi:
Frustration of a woman can make u not see soldier was in uniform before landing him a slap.... #woman peak frustration
So your eyes go open widely and see soldier stuff.
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by UuzbaGuuzba: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dey carry encyclopedia for hand before toasting a girl. Because when wahala start, you go begin talk... "I didn't know she was like
this"
AND
"A whole me? How could I have done this?"
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Squares: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
what!!! he beats up a police man? hehehe the man don press craze woman nipple. see case for ur neck
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by ginggerxy: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ladycloud:
Dragging his girlfriend on the floor? .. They are not even married... When will girls learn!
after d second coming of jesus christ grin
Ladycloud:
after d second coming of jesus christ

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by miclef86(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
He might come and overthrown our Boss here

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by Situation001(m): 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
na biafran beat biafran for not letting him kill his biafran girlfren...

I wonder what type of nation d Biafra olori pelebe pple r craving for..

country where dey'd be killing each other at any slight mistake.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nigerian legal system and bail...
Re: Man Beats Policeman In Lagos For Preventing Him From Killing Girlfriend by looseweight: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wooow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Redeemed Member And Accomplice That Stole N11.9 Million / Yinka Badmus Arrested For Wearing Dreadlocks / 'I Was Freed After I Did Not Vomit Blood' - Woman Kidnapped In Ondo. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.