Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments (68615 Views)

Guys Kiss & Grab Boobs Of Osun College Of Education Student As They Graduate / Photos Of Osun Model Schools At Night / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by elopee3000(m): 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
illyg:

That is it. Even Rev. sisters wear hijab. What amaze me particularly is every policy of government is being politicize. can't we just pause and assess fundamental rationale behind every policy before we respond?
My children attend a school owned by a christian. the man instruct every muslim female student to wear hijab. i attended christian school prefferably Roman Catholic Mission and we had islamic teacher then. My muslim and christian brothers, where is that understanding now? Every body claim to be holier than thou and i can impute everything on Nigeria politics
can public schools in zamfara allow non muslim student not to wear hijab?
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

You mean other religions cannot wear what they want too?

Whoever said they shouldn't. You are very free, don't forget to remove your shoes too and chef caps

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sirdee123: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
End time law!
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by BABANGBALI: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Warefa
terrorist tongue

حنيفة هو عضو في مجموعة ارهابية تدعى المسلمين . tongue tongue
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by laparry12(f): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Remii:
no problem, let's see for how long they can sustain it, Muslims are known with hijab in public places, how many others wear their regalia everywhere?
Even in govt schools abi? why now anyway? u do anyhow u c anyhow. hijab my foot,when d do d worst.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by isaajibola(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
I think the problem with some Christians is, they have problem with muslim hijab....

why can't they (Christian) be wearing robes to classes in higher institution since they can dress anyhow, but Muslims still wears hijab to classes in higher institution.

If they want something like hijab then, they should resort to the way catholic do cover their head.

What is bad in using small hijab to school?

they didn't wear burqa but Hijab..... for God sake!

where is christianity beret?

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by chiedu7: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
pumpy007:

your church leaders are scared nd collecting bribes

You must be telling the truth, because I no understand again
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
HaneefahRN:

[s]Whoever said they shouldn't. You are very free, don't forget to remove your shoes too and chef caps
[/s]

Don't worry, Celestial churches will take care of that: you hear?
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
scholes0:
LOL.... na real waa o.
Come to think of it, before now, Hijabs used to be something we see like once in a while and as at the time nobody complained. But these days, Hijabs and even burqas are every freaking where, you would even see parents doning their one and two year old daughters in suffocating hijabs in this terrible heat... To what end?
Is it now that these muslims are beginning to understand the rudiments of their own religion? Absolutely not.
This is a result of a gradual flow of fundamentalist and extremist ideology from the Middle East through Northern Nigeria into the West that aims to destroy local cultures and radicalise people, and it must be resisted at all cost.

Such idiotic nonsense, reactionist statements and hate speech like this have not place in nigeria. Choice can not be resisted.

I'm sad that individuals who claim to attend church on sunday would resolve to this, but then I realise most Nigerian christians go to church to be mesmerised by their mega pastors rather than to serve God
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
sweetgala:

That is not a good translation of the declaration of th3 judge Falola who declared the female Muslim female students may wear a “short hijab” which is an headgear and does not disturb the appearance of the remaining uniform when work. An hijab or is universally recognised as an item prescribed by faith while the students are seen here in choir robes and worship garments which are so for the purpose of worship.

May I ask in the civil service, private and public service do female workers who so choose wear short hijabs - YES ; however has it ever been seen that an employee would wear a choir robe or worship garment to work during a normal working day - no because this items themselves are prescribed to be worn in a certain environment for the purpose of uniformity and are not prescribed by faith. There is no part of the bible where a celestial garment is necesitated nor are choir members obliged by God to wear a robe .

The CAN are mischievous in their actions in osun state , which is expected as they have been in disagreement with Aregebsola since his election due to differences.

If a Christian lady wishes to wear a scarf to cover the head , a Jewish male student may wear a kipah and a Muslim male a Taqiyah, while a sikh can wear a dasta turban.
This is the interpretation of the decision by the judge as internationally accepted.

Many police units, countries in Europe (France excluded) allow the use of hijab and other religious headwear with such as sikh turbans are commonly seen worn with uniforms.

The CAN should be compelled to withdraw all unnecessary arguments to the effect that such a judgement allows for the abuse of right as displayed by the students.

A school uniform has a purpose, and any overlying robe would impede the display of the uniform and by badges to signify which school a student belongs to.

While I was in secondary school here in Europe I had a choice of either a school provided and badged sport jacket, a badged sweater or a coat with the appropriate school badge worn over the compulsory blue shirt and badged tie at all time while on premises for purpose of uniformity. I could not wear any other overall of my own or robes while in class.

To add to that I went to a private choir school attached to one of the oldest Catholic cathedrals in the country and never did we wear our choir robes while in school. We may have while on choir duties in the cathedral

Thank you for your learned and highly knowledgeable submission, that is devoid of emotions.

Fundamentally, the following questions must be answered:

1. What is a school uniform -- a dress or dressing mode to make the pupils appear the same, devoid of political, ethnic or even religious segregation.

2. Is Govt and her institution secular or religious or multireligious. All faiths that are tax payers have a stake in government and governance.

The moment a faith decides to enforce it's will on the collective property of the faiths, others will see it as injustice and also enforce their right.

Do you think Xtians dressing starts and ends with Choir Robe. For the C&S their sutana is very compulsory for them, likewise their Cap of Victory aka Fila Isegun.

Remove your mind from Xtianity and Islam, can you vouch that you know the mode of dressing of other faiths too eg Amorc, Rosicrucians, Traditionalists etc.

To prevent such anarchy, that is why a uniform was stipulated and once a faith deviates from it, it is only fair and just for others to follow suit.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:
[/s]

Don't worry, Celestial churches will take care of that: you hear?

Yes. I hear. We will all watch the drama unfold.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Remii:
no problem, let's see for how long they can sustain it, Muslims are known with hijab in public places, how many others wear their regalia everywhere?

Exactly,to buttress this point, a choir robe is not a religious clothing but rather uniform, neither is a celestial garment. The hijab is not a religious garment but rather an accessory; this is very important that note. A christian may wear a similar headwear if so wished

See the students in choir robe looking like hogwarts students.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by adelumolo(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nonsense. Can a Xtian tell me where dress code is mentioned in bible.
Islam has a dress code according to quoran.

TKO

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Teenaira: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
masseratti:
Its unfortunate if we Christians cant tolerate Muslims to wear just hijab to sch, at least we can see their faces, what our church leaders have problem with is schools established by missionaries being attended by Muslims in hijab, but they forgot that Jesus came for everyone both the believers and un believers.

So what happens when they start bombing this students with bomb laden hijab ?
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Thank you for your learned and highly knowledgeable submission, that is devoid of emotions.

Fundamentally, the following questions must be answered:

1. What is a school uniform -- a dress or dressing mode to make the pupils appear the same, devoid of political, ethnic or even religious segregation.

2. Is Govt and her institution secular or religious or multireligious. All faiths that are tax payers have a stake in government and governance.

The moment a faith decides to enforce it's will on the collective property of the faiths, others will see it as injustice and also enforce their right.

Do you think Xtians dressing starts and ends with Choir Robe. For the C&S their sutana is very compulsory for them, likewise their Cap of Victory aka Fila Isegun.

Remove your mind from Xtianity and Islam, can you vouch that you know the mode of dressing of other faiths too eg Amorc, Rosicrucians, Traditionalists etc.

To prevent such anarchy, that is why a uniform was stipulated and once a faith deviates from it, it is only fair and just for others to follow suit.

Can I please signify that this particular incident is malicious in it's application. Please note in my earlier post that I did notify that the uniform may not be disturbed by an overlying garment but can be appropriately accessorised and I have mentioned accessories internationally recognised and accepted.

While the "fila isegun" may be justified as stated, such choir robes and celestial gowns impede the visibility of the school uniform and thereby the student is inappropriately dressed
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by bestlyAB(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
What is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Teenaira:

So what happens when they start bombing this students with bomb laden hijab ?

That is why the school noted that a short hijab is the only acceptable headgear. This is same in borno where long hijabs are banned but a short hijab not any different from a scarf that covers the head and neck area is worn.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-ODmzpOga9Pk/UoCpY3lr2fI/AAAAAAAAD1Y/6oUH1x9GKNg/s1600/Burka_2.jpg[/img]

Please note the difference
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Chibest2000(m): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol.. Nothing has been seen yet until the traditionalists starts to exercise their own rights too. Them go wear masquerade clothes enter class, u go fear race.. Hahahaaaa...
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by scholes0(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
sweetgala:

Such idiotic nonsense, reactionist statements and hate speech like this have not place in nigeria. Choice can not be resisted.

I'm sad that individuals who claim to attend church on sunday would resolve to this, but then I realise most Nigerian christians go to church to be mesmerised by their mega pastors rather than to serve God

Gerrout of here.
What is hate speech in what I have said, it is the absolute fact.
Until you muslims learn to live up to the fact that there is a wave of extremism currently sweeping through that religion... then I dont see the way out for you people.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by YOLO1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ogbeni aregbe has truly bastardise osun's educational system. What a shame?
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by MindMatics(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
illyg:
Hijab is not a uniform. it is not worn to a particular occassion. it is not worn only if u want pray or enter mosque. it is a way of life. Every female muslim is expected to wear hijab always( whenever u are going out and wherever u are going).
Christian only wear rob to church but it is not part of their dress as they dont wear it to occassion. can u spot the difference.
i think is just matter of understanding and there is need for us to purge our system of sentiment so that we can think liberally and rationally. It is expedient that we always pause to assess the fundamental rationale behind every policy and its advantage to the society before we condemn sentimentally.
I attended Christian school precisely Roman Catholic Mission and we had Islamic Religious Knowledge teacher then. Right now, my daughters attend Christian school and the school authority mandated the muslim ones to wear hijab. where is our tolerance my christian and muslim brothers? every claim to be holier than thou and i impute everything on politics.
.... Godbless, it annoying d Christians re always intimidated by our way of life

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by omostar: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
wadetaw202:

You are right. Nigerian Muslims are known to wear traditional and cultural dresses of people from the middle east. And because you nigerian Muslims are mentally backward, you now link the garments to religion; whereas, there is no link between hijab and Islam. Hijab is the cultural and traditional way of dressing of Arabians.

Even when it is mentioned in the quran? (the muslim's holy book)
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by IVORY2009(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
doctokwus:

Meanwhile all your life,u never spoken the truth and u still aint showing any sign of saying d truth,even if it wud save your life

grin grin how did u know zombieeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by lumeneng22: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
Let the juju, the igbe, the white garment, the red ayilala and jukuns dress on theirs too.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Teenaira: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
sweetgala:

That is why the school noted that a short hijab is the only acceptable headgear. This is same in borno where long hijabs are banned but a short hijab not any different from a scarf that covers the head and neck area is worn.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-ODmzpOga9Pk/UoCpY3lr2fI/AAAAAAAAD1Y/6oUH1x9GKNg/s1600/Burka_2.jpg[/img]

Please note the difference

I see these students, What they put on is not the first one in the picture. Besides, I think we have enough problems in the country already, we should just start looking for how to resolve the mountain of problems and forget about adding more.

Sorry, my opinion please.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Lukay99: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

You mean other religions cannot wear what they want too?

Please read my post again Muslims never stopped Christians from wearing anything they want to schools neither are muslims trying to dictate to Christians, it's you guys the Christians that always have problems with what a Muslim wear on his/her own body

You're more than welcome to dress like the Pope to school if want we're not stopping you guys if it makes you a better Christian why not put it on

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
Teenaira:

I see these students, What they put on is not the first one in the picture. Besides, I think we have enough problems in the country already, we should just start looking for how to resolve the mountain of problems and forget about adding more.

Sorry, my opinion please.

How is a Hijab a problem, because from my understanding it has always been worn, i was rather surprised the topic even came up. The avoidance of said problems can not be a valid excuse for the denial of right or the abuse of said

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Remii(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Guyman02:

It is a dangerous trend as it shows Islamic dominance of public sphere
not necessarily dangerous or show any dominance if we are all to be considerate. Non Christians gladly accepted part of their remuneration dominated as Christmas bonus and Saturday/Sunday as work free days without thinking of any dominance of Christianity. It's just leave and let live. The bad thing about all these is that none of these sides is court to protest decline in result of these students in WAEC
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by sweetgala(m): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
scholes0:

Gerrout of here.
What is hate speech in what I have said, it is the absolute fact.
Until you muslims learn to live up to the fact that there is a wave of extremism currently sweeping through that religion... then I dont see the way out for you people.

idiot I am christian by birth, communism, faith and practise. I have stated a clear fact devoid of malice

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Lukay99: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
lumeneng22:
Let the juju, the igbe, the white garment, the red ayilala and jukuns dress on theirs too.

Who's stopping them ? Definitely not we the Muslim's maybe it's the Christian yet they want to preach tolerance of other religion
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by Zzyzxt(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
eitsei:
Who said it was Aregbesola that gave the order?

And who paddles the administration of the state? if there was a court injunction it must have been politically and religiously influenced.
Re: Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
sweetgala:

Can I please signify that this particular incident is malicious in it's application. Please note in my earlier post that I did notify that the uniform may not be disturbed by an overlying garment but can be appropriately accessorised and I have mentioned accessories internationally recognised and accepted.

While the "fila isegun" may be justified as stated, such choir robes and celestial gowns impede the visibility of the school uniform and thereby the student is inappropriately dressed

We are on the same page on "accessorization" of the school uniform based on different faiths. Be it Palm Fronds, horn or goat skull or fila isegun.

However, you and I do not have the right to determine what should and should not be a religious dressing. That can only be determined by each of the faiths on their own. If they say choir robe or sutana or Osun worshippers white robe is a dressing mode for them, it is their right and which the constitution and government must protect and hence, they are entitled to it.

This is in line with the epic verdict of Justice Falola.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor / Students Of Nigerian Defence Academy Pictured Going To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.