Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

What’s Your Deal Breaker? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What’s Your Deal Breaker? (1011 Views)

I Cannot Meet Up With Her Desire ,is This A Deal Breaker / I Really Want To Get Married This Year But Is This A Deal Breaker? / What Is Your Deal Breaker In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Deal Breaker? by archdon: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2016
What is that one thing your partner could do or turn out to be that would make you end a relationship? I’ve heard several different opinions ranging from an abusive nature to bad breath. Fair enough. But the most common as expected turned out to be infidelity.

When people hear or talk about Infidelity, physical infidelity is usually what comes to mind. The fact that your partner had intercourse with someone else is unacceptable. It’s painful. You can’t take it. It’s the height of betrayal.

However, while it is not my intention to trivialize this deal breaker, I would just like to bring attention to the fact that emotional infidelity could be a deal breaker as well. Infact, Emotional cheating is as bad, if not worse, than its “wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am” counterpart.

“Emotional Infidelity has been defined as a relationship between a person and someone other than (their) spouse (or lover) that affects the level of intimacy, emotional distance and overall dynamic balance…”.

Everyone is very familiar with Physical infidelity but what people don’t understand is that it first starts in the mind. If you feed your mind with wrong images, wrong conversations, wrong movies etc. you eventually find yourself gradually embracing the need to act likewise. Nothing happens just like that. Emotional infidelity on the other hand is something people are not very conversant with but starts the same way in the mind. To have feelings for someone, it must have developed over time. It takes weeks, months, even years. It means you were conscious of what was taking place for that long period without any feelings of guilt. You allowed it, and you enjoyed it.

An emotional affair is so subtle and seems so harmless that it is easily overlooked by many people. It is easy to think you can justify it by simply saying “we are just friends, nothing happened”. But think again. Something did happen. What happened is you have formed a deep romantic attachment with someone who isn’t your partner that could inadvertently cause pain and destroy your primary relationship. You have kept secrets. You have lied to your partner. You have broken the trust your partner had in you. You have done everything but sleep with that person. And trust me, sooner or later, that is bound to happen.

If you’re texting a member of the opposite sex and your partner is uncomfortable with it but you think it’s more important to keep the other person’s friendship, that’s emotional cheating. If you prefer that person’s company to your partner’s, that’s emotional cheating. If you find yourself complaining to that person about your partner, you, my dear friend, are guilty of emotional infidelity.

“It starts out as a friendship, so it can be confusing,” says sex and relationship expert Dr. Tammy Nelson, author of “The New Monogamy: Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity.” “The important thing is to determine where a friendship crosses the line. It is a slippery slope from friend to emotional affair to a sexual relationship.”

So that lady at your workplace you eat lunch with all the time, the Facebook friend you are connected to 24/7, the ex you still talk to and ruminate on the past with, they’re all people you are likely to cheat on your partner with.

If you still think physical cheating is the height of infidelity, think again.

So what’s your deal breaker?

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by NevetsIbot(m): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2016
i have deal breakers.... Bad hygeine, a loose mouth. Foolishness... Ego......

Above all... If she lacks respect, the relationship won't work.... A lady that doesnt respect you while dating will kick your mum out of your house when married. If she can gimme my respect as a man, ion care, I'll break that heart

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by RoyalBlak007: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Here to

read Lies
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Looking At it Subjectively...

Emotional cheating is way worse than physical Cheating...Like You could get over A bootycall or A good diick...Buh the heart's Way complicated.

My deal breaker has to be both tho. lipsrsealed
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by archdon: 7:47am On Jun 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Here to

read Lies

Didn't I hit a button? Oops
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2016
Cheating & lying are a big no-no to me. Let me add, anything that shakes my trust & makes me question someone's loyalty, will get them iced.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by ForeverYoung197(f): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2016
Infidelity is a worse nightmare of everyone whose in a relationship.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Rexhenrex(m): 8:21am On Jun 15, 2016
if she is the nagging type then its over no matter how pretty she is nagging ladies put me off full time i can't take one as a g.f i pray God doesn't even gimme one as a wife.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:
Cheating & lying are a big no-no to me. Let me add, anything that shakes my trust & makes me question someone's loyalty, will get them iced.
Oh good. That means I can pummel you very well, just to curb your loud mouth and you won't call it quits. tongue
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by LaurelP(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2016
There's one particular behavior most ladies exhibit which I dislike a lot.
Discussing their personal issues with friends, it's very annoying.
Some will even complain about you to their friends in your presence. It's a no no for me.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2016
Well, mine is Abusiveness.
Be it physically or verbally.
I am gone.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2016
Well, mine is Abusiveness.
Be it physically or verbally.
I am gone.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by donbenedict(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2016
cry

Wat is wrong with this generation? cry

I wish God had a deal breaker with humans tho.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 15, 2016
archdon:
What is that one thing your partner could do or turn out to be that would make you end a relationship? I’ve heard several different opinions ranging from an abusive nature to bad breath. Fair enough. But the most common as expected turned out to be infidelity.

When people hear or talk about Infidelity, physical infidelity is usually what comes to mind. The fact that your partner had intercourse with someone else is unacceptable. It’s painful. You can’t take it. It’s the height of betrayal.

However, while it is not my intention to trivialize this deal breaker, I would just like to bring attention to the fact that emotional infidelity could be a deal breaker as well. Infact, Emotional cheating is as bad, if not worse, than its “wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am” counterpart.

“Emotional Infidelity has been defined as a relationship between a person and someone other than (their) spouse (or lover) that affects the level of intimacy, emotional distance and overall dynamic balance…”.

Everyone is very familiar with Physical infidelity but what people don’t understand is that it first starts in the mind. If you feed your mind with wrong images, wrong conversations, wrong movies etc. you eventually find yourself gradually embracing the need to act likewise. Nothing happens just like that. Emotional infidelity on the other hand is something people are not very conversant with but starts the same way in the mind. To have feelings for someone, it must have developed over time. It takes weeks, months, even years. It means you were conscious of what was taking place for that long period without any feelings of guilt. You allowed it, and you enjoyed it.

An emotional affair is so subtle and seems so harmless that it is easily overlooked by many people. It is easy to think you can justify it by simply saying “we are just friends, nothing happened”. But think again. Something did happen. What happened is you have formed a deep romantic attachment with someone who isn’t your partner that could inadvertently cause pain and destroy your primary relationship. You have kept secrets. You have lied to your partner. You have broken the trust your partner had in you. You have done everything but sleep with that person. And trust me, sooner or later, that is bound to happen.

If you’re texting a member of the opposite sex and your partner is uncomfortable with it but you think it’s more important to keep the other person’s friendship, that’s emotional cheating. If you prefer that person’s company to your partner’s, that’s emotional cheating. If you find yourself complaining to that person about your partner, you, my dear friend, are guilty of emotional infidelity.

“It starts out as a friendship, so it can be confusing,” says sex and relationship expert Dr. Tammy Nelson, author of “The New Monogamy: Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity.” “The important thing is to determine where a friendship crosses the line. It is a slippery slope from friend to emotional affair to a sexual relationship.”

So that lady at your workplace you eat lunch with all the time, the Facebook friend you are connected to 24/7, the ex you still talk to and ruminate on the past with, they’re all people you are likely to cheat on your partner with.

If you still think physical cheating is the height of infidelity, think again.

So what’s your deal breaker?

Infidelity, and domestic abuse.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by NemzySeries(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2016
mehn consistent nagging, difficult to satisfy no mata aw much u try & den uncultured ladies.......personally I dunt av a sister but I learned a lot frm ma parents & d life dey live....as 4 cheating or infidelity I wunt listen to stories or wat pple say even if dey bring a video clip of ma woman on anoda xcept I catch red handed or see dey in such intimate position
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by 4rmthewest(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Deal breaker 4 me?.....naggin...I dnt even keep nagging friends not to talk of being in a relatioship with one.
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh good. That means I can pummel you very well, just to curb your loud mouth and you won't call it quits. tongue

That's if I don't mop the floor with you 1st tongue I can float like a butterfly & sting like a bee grin
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

That's if I don't mop the floor with you 1st tongue I can float like a butterfly & sting like a bee grin
Only in your dreams. tongue grin
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Only in your dreams. tongue grin

Awake grin
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

Awake grin
Then, Feed me more...
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by Receptor: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
A guy who xpects me to reply his whatsapp messages in 0.000001 secs. OMG. I cnt stand him
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Then, Feed me more...

How about breakfast in bed, Wizzy style? wink tongue grin
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

How about breakfast in bed, Wizzy style? wink tongue grin
After some nice round of sex? grin
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
joseph1832:
After some nice round of sex? grin

As you wish wink
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

As you wish wink
Then you know what to do. wink
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Then you know what to do. wink

Hahaha. You're still on that? tongue
Re: What’s Your Deal Breaker? by joseph1832(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

Hahaha. You're still on that? tongue
What else should I be on, if not 'that'. grin

(1) (Reply)

A Night I Could Not Do Without Sex / Why Men Don’t Forgive Their Cheating Partners / No Matter Who You Are, Never Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.