Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial (24651 Views)

Why We Re-arrested Fani-kayode – EFCC / EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan / Fani-Kayode: EFCC Secures Remand Warrant To Keep Ex Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by everozone: 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari has taken d wrong path with d way he is witch-hunting his percieved political opponents in d name of fighting graft.He shouldn't 4get dat power is transient.If by chance PDP takes over come 2019,they will roast Buhari brocos n serve him 2 eat.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
"He argued that under the Administration of Crimi­nal Justice Act (ACJA), bail is more relaxed as all offences are bailable “and in the class of offences charged, it is the prosecu­tion that has a burden to show why bail should be refused. More so, under the Act, all offences can be compounded by plea bargain. So, it is not about imprisonment any longer.”

At times I wonder if the Lawyers trained in Nigeria have their head screwed on right or they are just taking their clients for a ride to justify the retainer, fees and billable hours ,otherwise, who in his right mind thinks he can dictate if he will be afforded a plea bargain or not? The prerogative of a plea agreement lies solely in the hands of a Prosecutor; it is a luxury, not a right. It is at the Government's discretion whether to offer him one or not.

Besides, who told this clown that a plea bargain precludes him from being sentenced to prison? On numerous occasions, I offered people plea bargains of mandatory LIFE IN PRISON without the possibility of parole; either take that or we go to trial and I assure you I will seek the death penalty when you lose. If I was the prosecutor in this case, I'd offer a plea bargain under the following terms: a FULL refund of the funds in question and a 10-15yr prison term. Either that or we go to trial and when he loses I'll implore the court to run his sentences on the convicted counts CONSECUTIVELY. I'm thinking that should come to almost 90yrs or there about. Afterall, we're trying to set a precedent and future deterrent and the world is watching how we handle these cases.

Plea bargain indeed. Someone please explain to this billy goat that he's in deep doo doo and he's not coming home anytime soon.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
hustla:

Is it the same FfK that displays wealth like a fool? The person who gave him money Saif she did not know the money came from government? Really??
Like a thief won't know if he bought guns from a policeman or not, biko sit down. People like you are the reason why naija is the way it is, depending people we should be hanging for stealing public funds.

We shall see how the story pans out, Dasuki shout pass this one. Make e Sha return money wey e collect

I see your anger is because he flaunted money and not because he stole the money. If he is a thief I will support his incarceration but do it legally for posterity. This government will end one day but the steps it has taken if wrong will jeopardize the future of many.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Lnxxxxx(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

If my friend bring money to me and say he doesn't know where its from while should I have something to do with it.

The money in question was paid to him to execute a job. How many jobs have you done that you ask where the money came from?

No money is too small or too big for jobs. The job determine the value of the money.

Ogah, FYI I am a contractor and this amount is not new to me. Infact the more the more the money the more you question where it's from (everyone knows this). More money is more risk.

That aside, if he was contracted for a legitimate job, he should not have any issues with his defense. There will always be a money trail to back him up. By the way I did not see any mention of him doing any job for anyone yet.

Let's chill and enjoy the show, don't you think? smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by greggng: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:
I read the news up there then went through the comments and I was amazed with the stupidity of 90% of those who commented. Did they actually read the post?

Nigeria is doomed if these are actually leaders of tomorrow. Their mental faculty has been corrupted with the supposed corruption crusade that they can't think straight again.

The young man is saying he is being pressured to return money without being tried to prove he took the said money illegally.

To compound the issue, the person who gave him the money said she did not know the money came from government. The question is if the giver did not know, how do you except the receiver to know?

This is a case of giving a dog a bad name to hang him.

Fani kayode is a big theif. Someone is giving u 840millon and u never bothered to ask were such a huge fund is coming from? Is 840million same as 840naira? I am not interested in his trial let him just give us our money since he doesnot know the source
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by hustla(m): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I see your anger is because he flaunted money and not because he stole the money. If he is a thief I will support his incarceration but do it legally for posterity. This government will end one day but the steps it has taken if wrong will jeopardize the future of many.

Because he flaunted money? Shoroniyen
Davido does same, does that mean I have to hate him? You can't collect 840m naira and say u don't know where it came from, does that even make sense to you?
If you find 10m in your 18 year old sons account, won't you ask him where he got it?

Be realistic abeg
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by stefan388: 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
seunmsg:
Oga FFK, you better return our money and stop the grandstanding. Metuh said more than this and today, members of his family are begging to return the money he collected just to stop his trial. Be wise now, do the needful before it is too late. Buhari got no chill, he will ensure you are jailed for the money you looted if you don't return it in time.
Buhari certificate forgery case may remove him before the FFK trial may start. How about that?
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Are you working? If yes, do you ask your boss where the salary he is paying you coming from?

If your a businessman, hope you do ask customers where the money they are using to buy goods from you came from.

You possibly can't be a contractor with your mindset.

Stop being obsessed with amount of money you hear people quote, look at the job it is intended to execute.

listen to you....

i rest my case...

really no need arguing
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
ogmask:
To all of you talking about rule of law and subversion of justice, hear this;
It is much cheaper and stress free if it does not get to litigation in court. The UK prosecutors had to ask Ibori for a bargain to cut cost of prosecution and time wasting. Even if the cash ddnt belong to the govt in the first place, what work did he do for the giver of the cash to warrant that kind of reward. FFK is asking for a trial because he knows our justice system is crap. Our leaders are lucky that alot of Nigerians are just plain gullible.
I think you and your 11 up votes actually misunderstand what's going on. The U.K did not, and cannot beg Ibori to Plea to "cut cost of prosecution and time wasting"; it's a war you can't win. You are battling the central govt in court when you're obviously guilty, how much resources do you think you have? Even his lawyers ended up in prison, disgraced and disbarred. You beg for a plea bargain, you don't offer the Government one. It is at the sole discretion of the Prosecution to cut you a break and offer you a plea deal, instead of forcing you to trial and hitting you with the maximum sentence when you lose.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
hustla:

Because he flaunted money? Shoroniyen
Davido does same, does that mean I have to hate him? You can't collect 840m naira and say u don't know where it came from, does that even make sense to you?
If you find 10m in your 18 year old sons account, won't you ask him where he got it?

Be realistic abeg

If Davido is arrested today for drug trafficking you will forget his a musician and tell us how you have been suspecting him of drug dealing.

If my 18 year old son is a businessman I will not have problem with 10 million in his account if I know his business capacity is up to 20 million.

We are not talking about a kid here. We are talking about one time minister not a new entrance in to government.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by stefan388: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
"He argued that under the Administration of Crimi­nal Justice Act (ACJA), bail is more relaxed as all offences are bailable “and in the class of offences charged, it is the prosecu­tion that has a burden to show why bail should be refused. More so, under the Act, all offences can be compounded by plea bargain. So, it is not about imprisonment any longer.”

At times I wonder if the Lawyers trained in Nigeria have their head screwed on right or they are just taking their clients for a ride to justify the retainer, fees and billable hours otherwise who in his right mind thinks he can dictate if he will be afforded a plea bargain or not? The prerogative of a plea agreement lies solely in the hands of a Prosecutor; it is a luxury, not a right. It is the Government's discretion whether to offer him one or not.

Besides, who told this clown that a plea bargain precludes him from being sentenced to prison? On numerous occasions, I offered people plea bargains of mandatory LIFE IN PRISON without the possibility of parole; either take that or we go to trial and I assure you I will seek the death penalty when you lose. If I was the prosecutor in this case, I'd offer a plea bargain under the following terms: a FULL refund of the funds in question and a 10-15yr prison term. Either that or we go to trial and when he loses I'll implore the court to run his sentences on the convicted counts CONSECUTIVELY. I'm thinking that should come to almost 90yrs or there about. Afterall, we're trying to set a precedent and future deterrent and the world is watching how we handle these cases.

Plea bargain indeed. Someone please explain to this billy goat that he's in deep doo doo and he's not coming home anytime soon.
Tufiakwa
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by timilehin007(m): 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

It seems your used to free money. Money is a means of exchange. If no exchange of goods and services is involved that is when its call fraud.

If the guy received the money with delivering service it is fraud he should bring it but in the case he executed the job his principal should be held accountable for stealing our money not him.
people like you should be castrated, can't believe am reading this gibberish you typed here..I can't believe anyone with sane mind would defend this set of crook under no circumstances.. How I wish boko haram can locate ur family house and bomb everything that breath in it.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by shugaboy6102(m): 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:
I read the news up there then went through the comments and I was amazed with the stupidity of 90% of those who commented. Did they actually read the post?

Nigeria is doomed if these are actually leaders of tomorrow. Their mental faculty has been corrupted with the supposed corruption crusade that they can't think straight again.

The young man is saying he is being pressured to return money without being tried to prove he took the said money illegally.

To compound the issue, the person who gave him the money said she did not know the money came from government. The question is if the giver did not know, how do you except the receiver to know?

thank you very much......u are indeed wise.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by SucreB: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

most ppl that comment here on politics are always quick to jump into conclusions especially when they dont like the person. imagine some bunch of zombies saying he will rot in jail if he doesn't return their money.....is it your father's money

pls, when you are hired to do something, will you use your hard earned money to do such? zombies everywhere trying to comment so that we will know they have data.......the last time i checked, they said Africans are learned, but mhen!, i am confused with the manners at which some ppl talk or react to things.

let us have a rethink and say the truth always please enough of slavery in our own land!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

We are talking money. If they give you money to build a house for them and its discovered the money was stolen from the government after building the house, what will you do?

I'd return the money, others are said to be returning the money.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Image123:

I'd return the money, others are said to be returning the money.

Where will you get the money since you built the said house you were given the money to build. It seems you don't reason in real time. You deal in theoretical issues.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
SucreB:
most ppl that comment here on politics are always quick to jump into conclusions especially when they dont like the person. imagine some bunch of zombies saying he will rot in jail if he doesn't return their money.....is it your father's money

pls, when you are hired to do something, will you use your hard earned money to do such? zombies everywhere trying to comment so that we will know they have data.......the last time i checked, they said Africans are learned, but mhen!, i am confused with the manners at which some ppl talk or react to things.

let us have a rethink and say the truth always please enough of slavery in our own land!!

Na our education system wey cause am. We reason theoretically not practically. Imagine someone saying if he was given money to build a house and after building the house and discover the money give to him to build the house was stolen he will return the money.

Hahaha, Nigerians need job that will allow them handle money. Many of these people are very corrupt. Check them well they are into scams only to come here to form saint Michael.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
timilehin007:
people like you should be castrated, can't believe am reading this gibberish you typed here..I can't believe anyone with sane mind would defend this set of crook under no circumstances.. How I wish boko haram can locate ur family house and bomb everything that breath in it.

Hahahaha bros relax no burn up, now go take a chilled cup of water and come back.

Now give me a reason to return money you gave me to offer you a service at our agreed term, after it was discovered the person who gave you the money stole it having delivered the service.

Don't be sentimental, be objective in your prosecution.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Where will you get the money since you built the said house you were given the money to build. It seems you don't reason in real time. You deal in theoretical issues.

By the grace of God, i'm not a poor man and neither is ffk. I'll get the money and restitute it, that's the honorable thing to do.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Image123:

By the grace of God, i'm not a poor man and neither is ffk. I'll get the money and restitute it, that's the honorable thing to do.

Bros I think you don't know what restitution is. Foolishness is not honorable even to God.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by timilehin007(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Hahahaha bros relax no burn up, now go take a chilled cup of water and come back.

Now give me a reason to return money you gave me to offer you a service at our agreed term, after it was discovered the person who gave you the money stole it having delivered the service.

just getaway
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by timilehin007(m): 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

if I may ask, what was the money he received, what was it for, what service was he paid for? Was he the campaign DG Cux I don't still get what manner of service he rendered that make him receive such a huge amount if money. The last time I checked he was a public office holder...before I can go with you stupidity pls tell us the job he did to earn that money at once...not even installments
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Ovamboland(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Now you know you can't go and receive any gift from anyone just because you don't know the source of the gift or careless.
It is called accessory after a crime and it matters not if you're ignorant of the source.

What service did FFK render to Usman for the huge payment? What did he sell and what did she buy?
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Giverz: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
The basic thing here is Femi collected money whether he knows the money is government's or not.

And I think by now he should warn himself and return the money. I wonder why thieves are always finding it difficult to own up but wait to be quizzed.

Have u not heard that Modu sheriff has vowed to return his own without much noise.

Femi return our money. Period!
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Yem167(m): 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I don't think you understand the issue. He did not take the money but was contacted to do a job with the said money.

Now if you steal money from your friend and gave it to your brother to give to me to do a job for you and I did the job. While should your father ask me to refund the money? Is that not fraud?

Good, thank God u understand it is stealing. Thieves are labeled thieves ntin else. A banker helped in an operation, the robbers came for the money nd den left, droped the moni with a supposed person to be dia god fada which he den sent to anoda banker to share d moni to oda litu thieves also.... If d police succesfuli folo thz chain to d last person, the judge doesnt care wu they are, they are all labeld thieves nd would be sentenced nd asked to return portion of d moni with assets or cash.
So acordin to u up dia, a good father is more or less like a gud judge otherwise the father knows sumtin also which makes him a thief also
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by blarkraimez: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=slimghost post=466166
So @soulpeppersoup. Are u saying there is high probability that Fani is not guiltyy. Even from his statement he is not denying not collecting the money, he just want a trial( delay tactic cos our judicial system is the worst in the world) and mind u, if the money was not from governmnet? What or whoelse can give him dat huge ammount. U know that I know dat boy na theif. I see why he was doing everytin for GEJ to enta again.
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by joe4christ(m): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

What is this one saying? At the bolded. Then he should return the money given to him na, since the money the money has been linked to a fraud.
Which service he himself render wey go position am to deserve such a wooping amount? undecided
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by davesd: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
if na your money, carry go. If na dash carry go. But if name thief you thief, bring am back. If na campainge money, remain small give them make trouble finish. Naija na dialogue FFK
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol cheesy cheesy Wicked!! But I think, EFCC have already collected some part of that kpomo mouth because it does not rise like before anymore, and hardly talks.

Correct me if am wrong but I think despite all that has happened in this month of June that am sure the kpomo mouth would have risen to rant about, this is his first speech in the month.

The game is to silence opposition.
You are right there.
As for the rest, You And I will suffer with the despot in power, why should I bother correcting you.
Sai Baba grin grin (till Cambridge releases his WAEC)
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by teebell999(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
petrov10:
illegality every where.

it is illegal for old muhammad to be in aso rock without any certificate. yet he prides himself as the face anti coruption

You, a PhD holder that cannot even write the word "corruption" correctly. what are your achievements?
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by sevule(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

If according to you, 90% of those who commented are stupid, are you among the 90% or are you the only wise person?
To paraphrase your words, Nigeria is DOOMED if the majority of our youth think like you and sell their soul for a few thousand Naira.

It never ceases to amaze me when sycophants like you JUMP to the defense of the politicians that stole OUR collective wealth. Aren't you aware that the 1 Billion Naira Fani stole belongs to you and I?

And please stop insulting your intelligence by saying that Fani did not know where the money came from. You are probably intelligent enough to know that no one gives you 1 billion Naira because they like your face. Besides he did not pay tax on the money and in saner climes he would be looking at a 10 year jail sentence for tax evasion alone!(read about what happened to Wesley Snipes)

Fani should be left in prison till his trial and hopefully he would be given a very long jail sentence. Enough is enough!!
Re: Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Bros I think you don't know what restitution is. Foolishness is not honorable even to God.

Restitution is returning what does not belong to you. Non christians are doing it, i see no reason why a professing christian like FFK shouldn't do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Danlad Sunday Oladele Is Dead: Pioneer President Of NANS Dies / Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / Sule Lamido’s Sons Arrested Over Alleged N10b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.