Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,559 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner (23117 Views)

Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court / Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize / $5m Found In Patience Jonathan’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
PRYCE:
Bad Belle tongue

Missing that award doesn't take a quarter off Jonathan's person!

you can't take from what you don't have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by clickwtB(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2016
The ineffectual buffon/GEJ can never WIN such a prestigious award!!!The level of corruption under GEJ is amazing,Impunity of GEJ &cohorts!!!Tactical support for Terrorism.He only handed over as he is afraid of ICC!!!The prize he got for handing over is maintaining his freedom of movement i hope he doest scuttle it.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by MCeeShort(m): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2016
Jonathan doesn't deserve any awards because his system ran Nigeria aground!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 17, 2016
ganisucks:

They are all communists, violent over ambitious progressives A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ all belonged †̥♥ the same camp with Buhari. How do Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ expect the organisers †̥♥ now handover the award †̥♥ a peaceful Democratic Moderate-Conservative leader

Joaquim Alberto Chissano
was the second President of Mozambique , serving
from 1986 to 2005. He is credited with transforming
the war-torn country of Mozambique into one of the
most successful African democracies. [1] After his
presidency, Chissano became an elder statesman,
envoy and diplomat for both his home country and the
United Nations. Chissano also served as Chairperson
of the African Union from 2003 to 2004.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Orikinla(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2016
Mynd44:
Hero deserves it jorh. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is hating abeg tongue

[size=20pt]The hero of idiots[/size].grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Coolabbie: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2016
Codes151:
Chai!...People are like witches. APC is a witch group! They haven't for once Come up with a case against GEJ.. but they go about tarnishing his image.

God pls put witches to shame! They won't sit on m blessings! Ijn
All your brain knows is to expose cleavage, thats the height of your intelligence.
Dont try to go above it, cos you will only spew stupîd things.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Orikinla(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2016
MCeeShort:
Jonathan doesn't deserve any awards because his system ran Nigeria aground!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Orikinla(m): 11:45am On Jun 17, 2016
clickwtB:
The ineffectual buffon/GEJ can never WIN such a prestigious award!!!The level of corruption under GEJ is amazing,Impunity of GEJ &cohorts!!!Tactical support for Terrorism.He only handed over as he is afraid of ICC!!!The prize he got for handing over is maintaining his freedom of movement i hope he doest scuttle it.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Orikinla(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2016
modath:

Not every award can be procured... cool

[size=20pt]Reno Omokri cannot arrange this one.[/size]. grin
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2016
maupe:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/jonathan-falls-short-5m-mo-ibrahim-prize/
Dr. Salim Ahmed Salim chaired and you expect GEJ to win?
When Mandela was the president there were people who were corrupt under him.
Twice GEJ has brought peace and avoided blood shed
1. During Obasanjo era he helped with the militants
2. Conceding to defeat which is rear amongst African presidents in his generation.
GEJ is not perfect but he will always have my respect for looking beyond his ambition in other to save many lives.
I think he deserve that award.
Please note that I am not from the same region as the immediate past president.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:53am On Jun 17, 2016
Mynd44:
Hero deserves it jorh. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is hating abeg tongue
maupe:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/jonathan-falls-short-5m-mo-ibrahim-prize/
2. Conceding to defeat which is rear amongst African presidents in his generation.
GEJ is not perfect but he will always have my respect for looking beyond his ambition in other to save many lives.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Appareil(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2016
modath:

The problem with you lots is that you don't know & refuse to seek knowledge!! Uhnn!

Joaquim Chisano, Festus Mogae, Pedro Pires, Hifikepunye Pohamba & Nelson Mandela are Jihadists bah?

There is this GEJ v GMB camps, that is why.I beg let them leave it.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Appareil(m): 11:58am On Jun 17, 2016
clickwtB:
I pray they ban you.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by victorazy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
bigtt76:
Very true! Besides that, he did not complete two terms and handed over to the next president. He did one term, lost bid for re-election meaning he's still eligible to stand for election 2019. Mo Ibrahim won't award such person.

That one is sure he is coming back and will win.
Nigeria is on process and he (GEJ) got the message and secrete right from inception
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by babadee1(m): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
bigtt76:
Very true! Besides that, he did not complete two terms and handed over to the next president. He did one term, lost bid for re-election meaning he's still eligible to stand for election 2019. Mo Ibrahim won't award such person.

Why wouldn't they award such a person?
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
ganisucks:
Jonathan can never win the Mo Ibrahim prize. The Prize W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ founded A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ started by Progressives, for Progressives A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ ☀̤̣̈̇f Progressives. Those funny fraudsters would rather give the award †̥♥ Buhari, than Jonathan. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ †̥♥ rub it in, they didn't hand out the award †̥♥ anyone, claiming no one W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ deserving ☀̤̣̈̇f it. It is a corrupt laden biased award. Jonathan has won better, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ will still win better. Let the Mo Ibrahim bigots go A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ eat their award.
abeg stop shouting up and down jare

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by kennycalls(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
even God go vex if Jonathan wins it. in effectual buffon

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by ephi123(f): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
On what basis would Jonathan be awarded the prize? For throwing his country's treasury to all and sundry?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Ghost01(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

God bless Nigeria
Thankfully, your "respect" doesn't matter in this case.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ghost01:
Thankfully, your "respect" doesn't matter in this case.
Hahaha but it got your attention even though you are a ghost which means it matters. grin
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by kedeojo(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
So, because GEJ was not given the award, and you people are condeming it. If it were given to him, by now u people would have turn dis forum to sometin else. How can he be given when there was high scale of corruption in his regime. Do you think accepting defeat was the criteria? Mo Ibrahim is the most credible award given foundation in Africa as at now.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Abuja2013: 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mo Ibrahim Prize is the world's largest prize, higher than Nobel Prize.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by billyG(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
They dnt giv d award 2 corrupt person that i know.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Abuja2013: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Jonathan would have won the Mo Ibrahim's Prize , had i been there was no enlarged corruption in his tenure.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Ghost01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

Hahaha but it got your attention even though you are a ghost which means it matters. grin
To me, maybe, because I'm puzzled as to why you think leaving a post after the occupant had been voted out in a democracy is something heroic. To the organisers, it doesn't, otherwise you'd be here celebrating the fellow in question, not 'respecting' him.
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by patrickdaniel: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
Hmmm

How would he have won through the bolded? undecided undecided
the question u should ask is if GEJ really needs such stupid and religiously connected award? he is too far better than such swords the world knows
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by jcross19: 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
TeamSimple:

Islam and Muslims are definitely giving you nightmares. If not you won't be embarrassing yourself with this kind of comment.
Have come to realize most of you kiriyos do your talking before thinking.
because they are virus
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ghost01:
To me, maybe, because[b] I'm puzzled as to why you think leaving a post after the occupant had been voted out in a democracy is something heroic.[/b] To the organisers, it doesn't, otherwise you'd be here celebrating the fellow in question, not 'respecting' him.
What do you really consider as heroic?
Be honest if it were to be the other way round what do you think will happen
Even OBJ tasted it for 8 year you know what happened.
Already before the presidential election many fled from their homes but GEJ made it possible for them to come back.
It was a big sacrifice a selfless person can make.
He gave INEC free hand without meddling be honest how many of our past leaders have done that?
You heard the OP that he met the criteria.
Friend either anyone + the opposition like it or not for this singular act GEJ will be remembered all over the world.
You have to give him that wink
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
theV0ice:

You are so small minded. With all the exposure to the internet, you remain as close minded as a prehistoric Neanderthal. See the previous winners

Mozambique president Joaquim Chissano;

Botswana’s Festus Mogae;

Namibia's Hifikepunye Pohamba;

Cape Verde president Pedro Piers

Ex-South African President Nelson Mandela was
awarded an honorary prize in 2007.

Can you point to anyone of them that is a Muslim? You think Mo Ibrahim or Dr Salim give 2 sh!t about the idiocy that keep Nigerians running around in circles?

Educate him bro! Idiats everywhere I blame cheap data services honestly! Some years back that slowpoke would have been talking his nonsense on 2go or whatever rats use

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ghost01:
To me, maybe, because I'm puzzled as to why you think leaving a post after the occupant had been voted out in a democracy is something heroic. To the organisers, it doesn't, otherwise you'd be here celebrating the fellow in question, not 'respecting' him.

Preach some cow heads go about saying he is a hero, he lost its not like it was a draw and he said buhari go ahead, what the fuc! I don't get people honestly! Its as if some people just want to sound stupid for the fun of it!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by bigtt76(f): 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Because he would use award prize money to future elections since he is still eligible to contest next one. Mo Ibrahim wanted potential sit-tight presidents to have a cause to leave when their time is up that's why he instituted the award.

babadee1:

Why wouldn't they award such a person?
Re: Jonathan Fails To Win Mo Ibrahim $5m Prize, with no winner by mikolo80: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCFTA Trade Agreement Signed By Buhari: What You Need To Know About It / More Than 2,000 APC And PDP Members Decamp To LP In Borno / #PDPHouseOfHunger Trends On Twitter (See Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.