Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? (10634 Views)

My Wife Uses Harlom To Wash Her Private Part / Who Is To Wash The Dishes In This Scenario? / Lady Finds Out Her Husband Of 4 Months Is A Car Wash Boy And Not A Car Dealer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
I want to know if it's a man's right to have his clothes washed by his wife.
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Lezzlie(m): 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:
The wife should wash the clothes or delegate the duty as she pleases.
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lezzlie:
Of course the wife? Who else?
then who washes hers? Women aren't slaves, it's slavery to make a woman wash her clothes, those of the children and that of her husband, in short, it's wickedness on the part of the man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
Why cant he wash it himself, wasn't he washing before marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Lezzlie(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:
then who washes hers? Women aren't slaves, it's slavery to make a woman wash her clothes, those of the children and that of her husband, in short, it's wickedness on the part of the man.
Washing hubby's clothes is now slavery? Washing machine abounds, they can procure one.

You women are too quick to liken any form of domestic work as slavery.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by lilmax(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
Abeg you sharap....

If you cant wash yours leave those washing theirs and stop making noise

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by hysteriabox(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

ah... I tot u said u want to KNOW? It appears u rather want to ARGUE
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by HaneefahRN(f): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

Lolz, you will wash your own, wash his, wash your children's own and God help you if your mother-in-law lives with you, you will wash hers too. That's why I go crazy sometimes when women are called liabilities

Best thing, get a washing machine. Everyone should dump their clothes their if they want it washed.

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
hysteriabox:

ah... I tot u said u want to KNOW? It appears u rather want to ARGUE
why will I not argue when ur comments already show its the woman to wash, is she a slave? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Some questions are just ridiculous, what does it really take to toss his clothes into a washing machine with yours? What will it take him to toss yours and his or just his into a washing machine? Couples serve each other, it's not a man or woman thing . People do these things out of love, it doesn't kill anyone. As long as no one is forcing you to, some things are just the right thing to do depending on circumstances.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Lolz, you will wash your own, wash his, wash your children's own and God help you if your mother-in-law lives with you, you will wash hers too. That's why I go crazy sometimes when women are called liabilities

Best thing, get a washing machine. Everyone should dump their clothes their if they want it washed.
washing machine is the solution actually, but not everyone can afford it.

I cannot wash inlaw's clothes, what for?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
Should a man pay all his wife's bills? Won't paying all bills make him an ATM or her slave ? Some questions are just somehow. These things won't be a problem in a healthy marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by damiso(f): 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
byvan03:
Should a man pay all his wife's bills? Won't paying all bills make him an ATM or her slave ? Some questions are just somehow. These things won't be a problem in a healthy marriage.

Na wa for this NL. Every issue is a big issue in marriage. Na to dey debate everything.

answer to question - different strokes, different folks.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by hysteriabox(m): 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:
why will I not argue when ur comments already show its the woman to wash, is she a slave? undecided

nope. I never commented in dt fashion.

A home is a habitation of love. Where there is love, there is no law. Dos and donts are commonplace and draw alot of attention where love isnt supreme. If she is busy, why cant d man wash their clothes, or cook? Its nobodys job. Its up to both parties to do whats necessary to keep d right atmosphere in d home. My wife washes my clothes. But i do them when i can or when she is busy. We both do what we have to, period.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2016
damiso:

Na wa for this NL. Every issue is a big issue in marriage. Na to dey debate everything.

answer to question - different strokes, different folks.

Person tire!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Dreal11247: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

Marriage is not by force. If you can't be humble enough to wash your husband 's clothes, remain with your parents.

11 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by HaneefahRN(f): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

I had a neighbour in the face me I slap you I lived in school. I always pitied the woman. 3 young children, her husband and her husband's mother's clothes. She has to wash every two days after coming back from market or else, and even at that the clothes will still be many and she cannot afford a washing machine ( a small scale trader). She carried her cross na ni

In that same house another man washes his clothes himself while the wife takes care of hers and her twins. So it depends on family, different strokes for different folks. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by eitsei(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

So if your mother-in-law comes visiting you expect her to wash her clothes herself?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by histemple: 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

I was almost shocked that a woman can be asking this question until I saw your moniker.

May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
eitsei:
So if your mother-in-law comes visiting you expect her to wash her clothes herself?
why not, where is the love? where I come from if the woman's mother comes visiting, she washes her clothes, that of her daughter and her grand children, that's love, why should mother in law be different? If she cares for me, she would assist me not give me more work.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
histemple:

I was almost shocked that a woman can be asking this question until I saw your moniker.

May God help us all.
Amen.

The point I am trying to drive is this, a woman should not be left to do all the work, he should be able to wash his own clothes, that's assisting.
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
no it is not her duty.

let your husband wash his and you wash yours and the kids wash theirs. you are nobody's slave.

meanwhile, let everybody go out and make their own money to cater for themselves, buy their own foodstuffs and keep in their rooms.

split the bills into the number of people in the family including your kids and let everyone chip in with paying the bills.

cook your own food alone and let everybody else take care of themselves in the family. if they like, let them go to the kitchen and cook. you are nobody's slave. not your husband, not your kids.

my point? there is no lasting marriage without love and there is no love without sacrifice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
byvan03:
do men pay all bills nowadays? No they don't, she supports in one way or the other.

A man should was his own clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by eitsei(m): 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:
why not, where is the love, where I come from if the woman's mother comes visiting, she washes her clothes, that of her daughter and her grand children, that's love, why should mother in law be different? If she cares for me, she would assist me not give me more work.
ehn ehn grin where you come from? Now I get it. Also if she comes she will wash her plates after eating too, she may even help you to clean the house no big deal there... So when your son grow up and marries don't be offended if his wife extends the gesture to you too

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Lezzlie(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Does the washing machine operate itself ?
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lezzlie:
Does the washing machine operate itself ?
*rolls eye* was that a question?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:
do men pay all bills nowadays? No they don't, she supports in one way or the other.

Actually there is no issue here. Just let your man know that on no circumstances will you wash his clothes, if he is cool, good. Yes, some men still pay all bills.
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by KnightMare7(f): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
eitsei:
ehn ehn grin where you come from? Now I get it. Also if she comes she will wash her plates after eating too, she may even help you to clean the house no big deal there... So when your son grow up and marries don't be offended if his wife extends the gesture to you too
I will do it for my daughter too, it's the right thing to do, my son's wife is like my daughter, I should cook for her and my son, help in the kitchen, it's th proper thing.
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Lezzlie(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
KnightMare7:

A man can wash his own clothes of course. But a woman stands to gain more when she does. Same as cooking and serving his meals.

What the heck you think the fücking of domestic help from husbands recently is for?

I have a cute ass who fixes me breakfast, lunch and dinner and take care of my laundry...... Damn, it will take divine intervention if I don't give her an appreciation of a sound fück.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ioannes:
no it is not her duty.

let your husband wash his and you wash yours and the kids wash theirs. you are nobody's slave.

meanwhile, let everybody go out and make their own money to cater for themselves, buy their own foodstuffs and keep in their rooms.

split the bills into the number of people in the family including your kids and let everyone chip in with paying the bills.

cook your own food alone and let everybody else take care of themselves in the family. if they like, let them go to the kitchen and cook. you are nobody's slave. not your husband, not your kids.

my point? there is no lasting marriage without love and there is no love without sacrifice.

grin grin
Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by byvan03: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Please if it is hand washing things where kids are involved, am out. Hand wash by yaself biko.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? by Lezzlie(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2016
HaneefahRN:

*rolls eye* was that a question?
Yes and a roundabout way of telling you you are neglecting your duties offline too grin cheesy grin

Dropping the clothes on the machine isn't doing the laundry. Someone still has to run it. That's doing the laundry.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) / How Well Do You Know Your Children? / My 2-Year-Old Son Is Mean :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.