Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To (27318 Views)

Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting / Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / 14 Pictures Muslims Can Relate To As Ramadan Is Coming To An End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 12:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Antina:

Antina, not Angina

Buh McBrooklyn is never a Muslim name too cheesy

Hmm . . . I didn't saw that one coming!! cheesy "Antina" no mind my dictionary jawe Na over sabi dey worry am na him change am to "Angina". Alhaja Antina, I really love your name, can we be Friends?? wink
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Abuklaw(m): 1:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Zeinymira:

This is d only one that is funny the rest is somehow.......
Salam alaykum hajia zainab. It's a while. How have you been faring and how is Ramadan going over there.
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by bashydemy1: 2:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Erinola057:

smiles.. Thats my mosque for yu
Lol Ramadan Kareem
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Spacko007(m): 5:04am On Jun 19, 2016
When you're waiting for maghrib so you can eat

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by dominique(f): 5:33am On Jun 19, 2016
papiforreal:

It also happened sometime last year in our Hostel. After the prayers, guys were trying to beat up the imam. (:. It took the intervention by securities to get him out of the people reach. Some imams go just de test their memorizing proweress on their followers

Beating him up wouldn't have solved anything, it would have caused more trouble and in the end, you would have been labelled thugs. Dialogue with the imam instead, if he's unwilling to change, look for another mosque. In the neighbourhood mosque where I used to observe inshai and tarawii, na soso Yaasin and other lenghty Surah the Imam sabi, I had to look elsewhere and found a small mosque where they did more of Juz amma Surahs and Rabanna. Within 30 minutes, Inshai, tarawii and witri were done and dusted and everybody can go home to relax and do other things. These imams ought to know they're not encouraging people by doing lenghty Surahs especially during tarawii. People are already exhausted after fasting all day, no point making them stand for hours. Besides, people tend to lose concentration while those lenghty Surahs are being recited thus defeating the purpose of the Solat.

1 Like

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by tbaba1234: 5:43am On Jun 19, 2016
papiforreal:

It also happened sometime last year in our Hostel. After the prayers, guys were trying to beat up the imam. (:. It took the intervention by securities to get him out of the people reach. Some imams go just de test their memorizing proweress on their followers

Ramadan is the month of the Quran. Over here, the whole Quran is recited during Ramadan. It is a beautiful thing when you are prepared for the ayat to be recited so you follow through. Personally i prefer that, it gives you a feel for the season.
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Antina(f): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Hmm . . . I didn't saw that one coming!! cheesy "Antina" no mind my dictionary jawe Na over sabi dey worry am na him change am to "Angina". Alhaja Antina, I really love your name, can we be Friends?? wink

We are friends already bro!!!
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Smellymouth: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol . . . You be baddass ah swear grin God sef know say me go kuku dey laff ni if Dominique come here con ban you now cheesy

Baba, I tire oo grin cheesy

Lovely thread, so sad I came late but at least I enjoyed it..

I can relate to almost everything you mentioned..

And pls Boss, Don't forget to vote Mimzy for miss NL starting on Monday bro..

I will give you a mention when it starts..

One love.

Tuale cool grin

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Deleayo88: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol . . . Na too comot mosque sure pass ooo angry Cos Even if ah stay sef, my mind no fit dey for the prayer cheesy

BTW, Let's move this thread to FP now or what says thee?? wink
undecided
McBrooklyn:

Lol . . . Na too comot mosque sure pass ooo angry Cos Even if ah stay sef, my mind no fit dey for the prayer cheesy

BTW, Let's move this thread to FP now or what says thee?? wink
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Zeinymira(f): 7:31am On Jun 19, 2016
Abuklaw:
Salam alaykum hajia zainab. It's a while. How have you been faring and how is Ramadan going over there.

Walaykum salam, its been ages. I'm fine and Ramadan is going on well
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Antina:

When was that, huh?? Cos I'm talking bout Real time friends not Some Nairaland E-Friends
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2016
dominique:

Beating him up wouldn't have solved anything, it would have caused more trouble and in the end, you would have been labelled thugs. Dialogue with the imam instead, if he's unwilling to change, look for another mosque. In the neighbourhood mosque where I used to observe inshai and tarawii, na soso Yaasin and other lenghty Surah the Imam sabi, I had to look elsewhere and found a small mosque where they did more of Juz amma Surahs and Rabanna. Within 30 minutes, Inshai, tarawii and witri were done and dusted and everybody can go home to relax and do other things. These imams ought to know they're not encouraging people by doing lenghty Surahs especially during tarawii. People are already exhausted after fasting all day, no point making them stand for hours. Besides, people tend to lose concentration while those lenghty Surahs are being recited thus defeating the purpose of the Solat.

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! * A Round Of Applause For Dominique * I don't even know as a Nairaland mods you're this damn good as an advisor . . . Guess I will be running to you now anytime I need an advice or you won't Epp me?? angry
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2016
Smellymouth:

Baba, I tire oo grin cheesy

Lovely thread, so sad I came late but at least I enjoyed it..

I can relate to almost everything you mentioned..

And pls Boss, Don't forget to vote Mimzy for miss NL starting on Monday bro..

I will give you a mention when it starts..

One love.

Tuale cool grin

Lol . . . You and this your meme get as E be cheesy OK, I'll try and be there on Monday Bruh cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Ayomideen(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2016
nice post Op
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by kosheybhad(f): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Yea....dat moment wen u wanna observe ur maghrib prayer b4 u break nd d imam starts alif-lam-mim.... Lol..datz 1 of d reason i quit goin 2 1 mosque in my area
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Antina(f): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
McBrooklyn:

When was that, huh?? Cos I'm talking bout Real time friends not Some Nairaland E-Friends

Ywc
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Smellymouth: 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol . . . You and this your meme get as E be cheesy OK, I'll try and be there on Monday Bruh cool

Thank you Sir!!, I truly appreciate you

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Deleayo88:
undecided
What Happen?? angry
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Smellymouth:

Thank you Sir!!, I truly appreciate you
Lol . . . You're welcome wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by McBrooklyn(m): 8:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Antina:

If you say so ma'am! But I want us to be more than just friends, I want us to be "Friendlier" then "Friendliest" . . . Or what did you say Ma'am?? wink
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by lordmassac(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2016
McBrooklyn:
8. When You Go For Mahgrib Prayer Without Eating And The Imam Says "Alif lam mim"

cc: lalasticlala, seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Fynestboi

Orooooooooooo
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by Deleayo88: 2:40am On Jun 23, 2016
McBrooklyn:

What Happen?? angry
All is well
Re: 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To by nurain150(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
kosheybhad:
Yea....dat moment wen u wanna observe ur maghrib prayer b4 u break nd d imam starts alif-lam-mim.... Lol..datz 1 of d reason i quit goin 2 1 mosque in my area
Shey e gbadun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / The Pregnant Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.