Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58609 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by yettidear(f): 6:52am On Jun 19, 2016
I think the Queen should have taken time to research this topic before flying all the way to US. She heard gender-equality and she took the word 'equality' literally. We need to really be educated on the topic.

According to my quick research on the topic,"gender equality is the measurable equal representation of women and men. Gender equality does not imply that women and men are the same, but that they have equal value and should be accorded equal treatment. The United Nations regards gender equality as a human right".

As for gender equity, "it is the process of allocating resources, programs and decision-making fairly to both males and females. This requires ensuring that everyone has access to a full range of opportunities to achieve the social, psychological and physical benefits that come from participating and leading in sport and physical activity. It does not necessarily mean making the same programs and facilities available to both males and females. Gender equity requires that girls and women be provided with a full range of activity and program choices that meet their needs, interests and experiences".

See the links below for more info on the topic;
http://www.caaws.ca/gender-equity-101/what-is-gender-equity/
http://www.ippf.org/static/GenderReport/index.html
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by nuremoore(m): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
"Watch as they break the glass ceiling, reaching straight for the moon...and beyond...in their Louboutins."

And that, my dear, is how to end an argument. Slay Bae!

If you like don't ga'an learn how to cook. Be forming gender equality.
.......[size=8pt][/size] grin grin grin. The end got me cracked up
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 19, 2016
Fanirandele:

Guy be reasonable, so you would be okay for you daughter to invest so much into her education only to be regarded as inferior to her male colleagues and turned into a cook/maid at work so that she will "respect men" shocked No wonder many girls would rather be runs girls , thats just flipping ridiculous. i'am am sure you had female classmates that were smarter than you and you have female colleagues that better at their work than you but because you have a diik they should be inferior to you undecided what kind of thinking is that

who says cooking makes one inferior? we all have different roles to play. Telling a female to make tea for her colleagues is simply because ladies are known to prepare meals better than men cos it is their roles. This doesn't mean she's been made inferior. The same applies when heavy-duty is to be done at work; the men are put forward for such. I have not seen where a man complains that he is been made inferior cos he's doing the heavy work while his female subordinates are not. He clearly understands their weakness which is not built for such roles.
Would love to hear that your daughter is made to lift the generator all the time when there are able men at work too?

Fanirandele:

The inheritance think is just a thing of greed on the part of lazy men. if you consider your self truly superior to women that's why you should even make you make sure your sisters gets the inheritance while you go hustle for yours or your own superiority is only to bully women which is what i see everything you've said as.
They believe the lady will end up with another family, so she doesn't deserve the inheritance as it will end up with another man. Tell America to legalise polygamy if they want us to abolish the african inheritance culture. They can't keep telling us to imbibe theirs while they kick against ours.

Fanirandele:

concerning the topic anyone that thinks women should not be equal to me should not be offended when whites think you are inferior to them. so you don't want to be discriminated against but you are okay with other's (women) getting discriminated against as long as it benefits you abi grin
Women will get their equality when they become the bulk of soldiers fighting the Boko Haram war. Till then, we are not equal. You cant scream equality only when it soothes you. Take up the hard jobs too or go to America.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by tunjilana: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2016
mickeymimi:
Gender equality is the believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities..as in social , political and economic equality of the sexes. Letting them have more power in the affairs of the country, equality in salay &wages, and more women in position of power. It's about empowering women, changing the way the world perceive their strength and helping them to realise their full potential, so that they can contribute to well being of their communities ,nation and moving it forward.

We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back....67 countries in the world have female presidents or prime ministers...

Fighting for women's right has often become synonymous with man~hating. The old lesson of submissiveness and fragility made women victims, Women are much more than that today, a woman can be a businesswoman , artist , politician and still be a good wife that respects her husband.

The Gender equality bill is not about your marriage or what you do in it... or being an African man that doesn't want to be dominated by his wife.
Seriously marriage should not be about equality .....it should be about acceptance , support and tolerance... your wife cld become the president tomorrow.....

We are different precisely in order to realise our need of one another. The good thing in Nigeria now is that ..we now have female governors ...senators..and hopefully one day we will start having female presidents... we now have lots of women coming out to campaign , protest or speak out against some unacceptable things happening in the society..
I have said it and I will keep saying it...the Nigerian law as it is today does not in anyway discriminate against a woman...nothing stops a woman from organizing herself and coming out for elections...the problem is with the perception of the society about what a woman can do and should do...and a law will not fix that since the law in itself is not defective...what will fix it is sensitization and awareness creation by all that no-one is limited...in marriage, it is a union of two parties and both can decide who is in charge...U don't need any law to help you with that...if u ain't cool with ur partner....stay on ur own
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by amtaken(f): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2016
That goes back to you.
Amya:

you're not very smart.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by seunakin231(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Adam before Eve...
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Eminentsaint(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2016
Because of this you have to mention "jollof rice" to royalty with insult? Some of our 'celebrities' lack what to say sometimes
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by amtaken(f): 7:50am On Jun 19, 2016
Honestly I don't understand them. From my nursery school level up to Law School I have never been discriminated against based on my gender, rather I even get favours!

When I was pregnant a lot of people - both males and females- pampered me and wouldn't let me que in the bank, easily offered me seats anywhere I went etc.

In my place of work my Director is so nice to everyone both males and females but he's extremely nice to pregnant women and nursing mothers and we are paid according to our levels and never gender-based.

My dad sent my sisters and I to the same schools as my brothers up to any level we wanted.

I am able to get into any office in Nigeria, for example, when the FRSC towed my car for wrongful parking in Yaba I was able to meet their DG (hope that's how they are addressed) and he waived the penalty fees for me because he said I reminded him of his young daughter and he didn't like seeing women cry.

I have benefited a lot as a woman. I have never lost. The other day I bashed someone's car and I was supposed to fix it for him but he later said I should go because of my baby that he also has a wife and kids at home.

Look at the Nigerian Movie Industry, how many cinema movies have the male actors been able to produce except few of them like Kunle Afolaayan but look at all the ladies like Omoni Oboli, Caroline Danjuma, Uche Jumbo etc producing their movies like it ain't nothing.

I honestly don't know what these people are advocating for. Maybe it is a regional thing because where I come from and where I grew up at there's nothing like gender discrimination.

IyfeNamikaze:
my dear leave all these wanabees . they just to feel among. they don't even understand what they are arguing about. All they have been doing here is to showcase their ignorance for the world to see.
ask them to show you an organisation that discriminates against the female folks in terms of payment and they will be mentioning USA for you, like say we dey for USA ni?

butterflies that think themselves birds.

are Okonjo iweala, deizani, oteh, kemi and the likes not Nigerians?

didn't a woman just contest presidency in the election?
do we not have hundreds of female CEOs ,MDs, faculty heads and Deans in Nigeria again?

but the Jamb cutoff mark for a boy and a girl are still different but you won't hear them say anything about that. hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by samoice(m): 7:53am On Jun 19, 2016
K
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by tolulope1990(m): 7:54am On Jun 19, 2016
tosin400:
wink
for me,I'm still waiting for that woman/girl that will engage me and pay my dowry so that the gender equality will be valid for me.....#MUMUJOMBO
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by ofonike: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Uche jumbo want to be heard, let just talk. Just listen BUt don't hear.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by loswhite(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
kennygee:

Uche never argued that the Man isn't the head of the home, only that women should not be seen as lesser than men.

Both parties have different roles and responsibilities. A woman's roles is even more hectic than a man's, even tho the man has authority and is Lord over the woman.

It is quick and easy for African men to say "I'm the man of the house, I'm the Lord". But what does the bible say about the duties of husband and wife, Men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church, so much that Christ gave his life for the church. Wives are to submit, under this love that this husband gives.

A man who loves his wife won't see her as a subject, but as a team mate.

I think that's what Uche is trying to say.
A woman who summits to her husband will not fight for equality with her man. the harsh truth is you do not summit to your equal. The fact that the vice president is a subordinate to the president doesn't make him a subject or a slave. The day you summit to your man is the day you agree to willingly be a subordinate and the day the man says I love u is the day he too must treat you with respect and not as subject or slave. A team mate always have a captain and the captain is never equal with other team members and that doesn't make the other team members slave or subject.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sarahade(f): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Swiftboy:
You know it's not true deep down inside of you. What equality are you looking for? Modern women are not oppressed! You guys have a single Nobel laureate in science I.e Marie Curie for her work in discovering/ inventing Geiger counter. How much had women contributed to the world in every aspect of modern world? Do have more heroins than heroes in this country or even in the world? Who goes to war? Even in America, which gender is prominent in the armed forces? To be fair, equality is not fair because you females are just going about spreading propaganda... Are you ready to pay the price for the so called equality?

Do you know what is called equality. Why the ranting na you wan pay the price.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by EgusiSoup: 8:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Beremx:
honestly I am disgusted by some comments on this thread. smh

"leaves thread shamefully"

We are disgusted by your presence on this thread.

*uses hypo to wash of her footsteps.. undecided
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sumborri: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
Very patronizing ,Hmm
Aproko na you I mention? Or u crushing on the lady too? Didn't u see her quote button? Or u just interested in ur fellow man?
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2016
sumborri:
Aproko na you I mention? Or u crushing on the lady too? Didn't u see her quote button? Or u just interested in ur fellow man?
You need to work on your lines that was just too ingratiating,I was embarrassed for all men.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sumborri: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You need to work on your lines that was just too ingratiating
well since the ingrating or whatever lines weren't meant for you, must you quote? Are you dat idle? Cmon or do u prefer I said the words to you? Bros I no be ur type. Please stop mentioning me and go look for ur type oh. Happy sunday
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sumborri: 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
omonnakoda:
You need to work on your lines that was just too ingratiating,I was embarrassed for all men.
they are coming for u, relax
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by yemmie(m): 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Normally, I will just read this and close the thread.

However, we need to do our own part:

1. Women / girls/ ladies are the salt of this world ( deeply spiritual),

2. Women are the source God use to continue mankind existence,

3. Women are the vital source of human development, before you become a man beating your chest, you were mummy boy and even the most successful of man have their wife / mother as spritual back bones,

However in light of above, Men / man are the disciple(s) of God on earth. Adam was created before eve , Man/ men before God are ranked before ( non -sinning) Angels.

As an add on - no matter the gathering of witches in numbers, there is at least one need of a wizard for the gathering to be perfectly complete.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by chillbabe(f): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2016
TheMadame:
Uche should start from her constituency,NOLLYWOOD,where women are used as glorified sex objects. The women in Bollywood films are depicted as senseless cry babies in high heels with no brains. Women in Nollywood are depicted as brainless sex objects. Women in Nollywood are depicted as gold diggers who rise to the top through their bodies or through their husbands and never through their talent.
Visit the Nollywood films on YouTube to see how our women are showcased. The musical videos of our top artistes are even worst where semi clad girls prance around half clad depicted as brainless bimbos,only good at twerking their massive backsides for men!
Women must respect themselves,display dignity and have self esteem,and then and only then will men respect us and grant us the equality that we deserve!
and u have just describe ur Wuraola. Uche build a name and carrier for herself so why attact her. She has every right to agree or disagree.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool. I can see "feminazi" there. That's only good word that has ever come out of the mouth of the rabid nutter, Rush Limbaugh. grin

These clowns aren't even pawns - they're illiterate sheeple on a bandwagon to hell. Just read the tripe the other clown spouted on the first page and shake ya head. Like seriously, in which countries do women get paid less money than men for doing the same job? Perhaps in tennis at one point and that's cos men play more sets and men tennis matches sell more tickets than the female ones. And she also alluded to marriage as being slavery lol. I don't know when following the natural order involved in team work, with a team leader, which is the natural position for men, became slavery. These clowns are just illiterates looking for something to jump on lol.

The funniest thing is that women are their own worst enemies. A classic example is Beyonce. She screams feminism and girl power everywhere to get these gullible dunderheads to buy her records, yet she can't walk out of her marriage, despite claims that her man is cheating on her. And the same clown calls herself the Queen that other women must bow down to - hence she used her Hiiipower in the music industry to blackball Ciara and Keri Hilson, while stealing their shine in the process. How can you scream girl power and empowerment for women, then destroy other women? And where's the equality in woman-dom, when you want other women to bow down to you? GTFOHWTB. There are equal opportunities for men and women out there - if you can't compete - shut the fvck up, suck it in, and go to ya natural habitat in the kitchen where no one can compete with you and rule kitchen-dom. Ain't no nyggah tryna hear ya chirping noise looooool.

==================================================================

Oi, game 7 is tomorrow - I gat take that £100, fam. I know some needy cyber-feminist is somewhere waiting for a free meal. Gatts feed her with that money loooooool.

I bet you saw that nyggah, Bron Bron the black King James, put in work in game 5 & 6, no? grin
yeah mayne. it is what it is lol. GSW finna take dat game tonite. i hope i can stay up for it. i try to watch these games but fall asleep. the timing sucks for UK time wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by chillbabe(f): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2016
fellis:
Abeg make una leave wuraola oo!

She's just trying to insure her meal ticket that she successfully landed after jumping from one marriage to another three times. Na her jackpot be this.

I am sure if she was married to any of those men in Nigeria that beat their wives or remorselessly cheat on them or abandon responsibilities completely she won't come out to say this rubbish.

She don marry rich man wey dey fly am go different countries so she is trying her best to keep her marriage by bringing herself down. Everyone knows men get off by running women down.
Well said a big Hugh for u. U just nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by pacespot(m): 9:43am On Jun 19, 2016
The way women are going about this gender equality issue. Maybe, it's time Nigerian Army gave male soldiers rest in the fight against boko haram and allow female soldiers to go and confront the beasts for just two months.

These women are so annoying nowadays, especially, Nigerian women.

I perused over what the Olori said again and I couldn't find where the woman undermined women rights in her statement. She said both genders have pivotal but different roles to play in the society, that there shouldn't be need for any competition.

Now the so called feminists trying to misinterpret the woman by all means. They are playing their victim card again using the human rights sympathy.

Please, who is denying women their rights in this country. A female child can go to school just as the male counterpart, get access to scholarship, apply for any available job vacancies just as the male. Even, a female graduate has better chances of getting juicy jobs in Nigerian economy today than the male. I've seen many job vacancies with 'female-only' as one of the requirements but I've never seen a job vacancy that requires only men to come for an interview, even in the fields like engineering that are men-like in nature.

We have women in politics too taking the leading roles that men are even answerable to them.

What I see is that, this feminism is a movement by some gangs of bitter women who don't want to accept the fact that nature itself made the men stronger in their ploy to dominate their male partners. So when she feels disappointed in a relationship she wants to join feminism bandwagon.

A good nature woman with caring and loving husband will never take part in this madness!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2016
sarahade:

Do you know what is called equality. Why the ranting na you wan pay the price.
equality is when we have 5000 male soldiers and 5000 female soldiers at the war front, not all round male soldiers. Till then, don't expect any equality.

BTW, what ways are women treated as unequal in Nigeria?
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2016
yettidear:
I think the Queen should have taken time to research this topic before flying all the way to US. She heard gender-equality and she took the word 'equality' literally. We need to really be educated on the topic.

According to my quick research on the topic,"gender equality is the measurable equal representation of women and men. Gender equality does not imply that women and men are the same, but that they have equal value and should be accorded equal treatment. The United Nations regards gender equality as a human right".

As for gender equity, "it is the process of allocating resources, programs and decision-making fairly to both males and females. This requires ensuring that everyone has access to a full range of opportunities to achieve the social, psychological and physical benefits that come from participating and leading in sport and physical activity. It does not necessarily mean making the same programs and facilities available to both males and females. Gender equity requires that girls and women be provided with a full range of activity and program choices that meet their needs, interests and experiences".

See the links below for more info on the topic;
http://www.caaws.ca/gender-equity-101/what-is-gender-equity/
http://www.ippf.org/static/GenderReport/index.html
pls, mention 10 programs and choices women are deprived of in Nigeria.

if you can't, then it means you should keep quiet henceforth.

What you freaks want is for women to be favoured undeservingly. You want a situation whereby when 10 males and 10 females sit for a promotional exam that requires just 10 people to be promoted out of the 20, the 10 should be constituted of 5 males and 5 females regardless of whether 8 males passed the test while only 2 females did. That is the kind of selfish equality you want. You don't want to work, you just want favours cos you are females.

Start by having equal numbers of females and males in the army.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ezionye(f): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

The same applies when heavy-duty is to be done at work; the men are put forward for such. I have not seen where a man complains that he is been made inferior cos he's doing the heavy work while his female subordinates are not. He clearly understands their weakness which is not built for such roles.
Would love to hear that your daughter is made to lift the generator all the time when there are able men at work too?

Women will get their equality when they become the bulk of soldiers fighting the Boko Haram war. Till then, we are not equal. You cant scream equality only when it soothes you. Take up the hard jobs too or go to America.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Gender equality is not about a woman performing a role of a man or vice versa. Men and women have different roles. You have already given us the reason y women will not be the bulk of pple fighting the bokoharam war wic is that they are not built for such roles. Men are physically stronger than women, dere4 any role that has physical strength as a major requirement will naturally be dominated by men.

It will be foolishness for a woman to say until men become the bulk of pple giving birth, then we r not equal. Cos men are not built to give birth.

Men and women are not the same

Gender equality is about giving the woman the same opportunities as the men in the society e.g education, career etc. Giving them the same opportunities to go to school, the same opportunities for career growth, the same opportunity to make decisions. Its not bout a woman doing a mans job or vice versa as ave said earlier.

Gender equality is not about marriage. A man is the head of the family. A woman shd submit to her husband. Her husband. Not to every man.

If not for these gender equality agitations, I'd prolly have 5 kids by now, forcefully sold off to a man 3 times my age and locked up as a housewife for being a woman. U must agree with me that that was done in the past and is prolly still done now

Dats d point
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ezionye(f): 10:15am On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
Honestly I don't understand them. From my nursery school level up to Law School I have never been discriminated against based on my gender, rather I even get favours!

When I was pregnant a lot of people - both males and females- pampered me and wouldn't let me que in the bank, easily offered me seats anywhere I went etc.

In my place of work my Director is so nice to everyone both males and females but he's extremely nice to pregnant women and nursing mothers and we are paid according to our levels and never gender-based.

My dad sent my sisters and I to the same schools as my brothers up to any level we wanted.

I am able to get into any office in Nigeria, for example, when the FRSC towed my car for wrongful parking in Yaba I was able to meet their DG (hope that's how they are addressed) and he waived the penalty fees for me because he said I reminded him of his young daughter and he didn't like seeing women cry.

I have benefited a lot as a woman. I have never lost. The other day I bashed someone's car and I was supposed to fix it for him but he later said I should go because of my baby that he also has a wife and kids at home.

Look at the Nigerian Movie Industry, how many cinema movies have the male actors been able to produce except few of them like Kunle Afolaayan but look at all the ladies like Omoni Oboli, Caroline Danjuma, Uche Jumbo etc producing their movies like it ain't nothing.

I honestly don't know what these people are advocating for. Maybe it is a regional thing because where I come from and where I grew up at there's nothing like gender discrimination.

Good for u dear. However, ur not needing it doesn't mean others that need it should not agitate for it. There are many women out there being discriminated at work because certain higher positions are seen to be for men. Some young lady somwer is being married of to one alhaji cos she's a girl and has no say in determining who to marry.

The bill is for those kinds of women

Besides your being able to enjoy these benefits u listed are cos of past agitations and enlightenment on equal opportunities for both sexes. In the default African system, u wudnt have seen the four walls of any school as a girl.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ezionye(f): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

but the Jamb cutoff mark for a boy and a girl are still different but you won't hear them say anything about that. hypocrites!

Since wen
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Ezionye:

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Gender equality is not about a woman performing a role of a man or vice versa. Men and women have different roles. You have already given us the reason y women will not be the bulk of pple fighting the bokoharam war wic is that they are not built for such roles. Men are physically stronger than women, dere4 any role that has physical strength as a major requirement will naturally be dominated by men.

It will be foolishness for a woman to say until men become the bulk of pple giving birth, then we r not equal. Cos men are not built to give birth.

Men and women are not the same

Gender equality is about giving the woman the same opportunities as the men in the society e.g education, career etc. Giving them the same opportunities to go to school, the same opportunities for career growth, the same opportunity to make decisions. Its not bout a woman doing a mans job or vice versa as ave said earlier.

Gender equality is not about marriage. A man is the head of the family. A woman shd submit to her husband. Her husband. Not to every man.

If not for these gender equality agitations, I'd prolly have 5 kids by now, forcefully sold off to a man 3 times my age and locked up as a housewife for being a woman. U must agree with me that that was done in the past and is prolly still done now

Dats d point

pls, you mentioned schools and career opportunities, how are females deprived of such in Nigeria today? Don't we have more ladies in school than boys? Don't women aspire for greater careers?

What you girls want is for women to be treated equally even when they don't deserve it e.g equal promotion with men even when they don't meet the required qualifications. You want equal numbers of females in national assembly even when women are too scared or even lazy to aspire for such. Even when they do, is it the fault of men that their constituency doesn't vote them?

Nigeria has already provided the level playing field, so work to make it instead of expecting it to be placed on a silver platter for you.

Mind you, equality is also about doing a man's job. Why run away when it comes to the tough jobs after claiming to be equal with men in all ramifications? Double standard.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by chillbabe(f): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2016
sukkot:
i hope when ya man take you out for lunch you insist on paying half of the cheque. nonsense angry
Sukkot do u think it is fair that a Nigerian man can give his foreign wive his Nationality but a Nigerian woman can't do same for her foreign husband?
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2016
chillbabe:
Sukkot do u think it is fair that a Nigerian man can give his foreign wive his Nationality but a Nigerian woman can't do same for her foreign husband?
a nigerian woman who marries a foreign man will get the citizenship of that mans country automatically. abi you are advocating for dual citizenship for the husband ? not too many countries do dual citizenship you know. i dont think nigeria does dual citizenship. he has to denounce his country first before his wife can get him citizenship but somehow i dont think that british man will denounce his british citizenship so he can get nigerian citizenship to be with his naija wife grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Zubby Michael & Chizzy Alichi Fight Over "A Woman Being King Of Boys" / Portable Buys A New House In Ogun (Photos) / Davido's Daughter, Imade Visits P'square's House, Dances With Son (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.