Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58584 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sumborri: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
crazymommy:
Uche jombo is contradicting herself...am not sure she understood the speech the woman made??Gender equality is not our problem,lack of RESPECT for one another whether male or female is the problem...if you respect a woman you will not treat her less ....when it turns to finance you claim "he is the man" when something else you claim "gender equality" that is hypocrisy...
you are definitely not a nigerian female. You can't be this reasonable. Or is the world coming to an end ?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Charly68:
Uche! uche!! very soon u will tell your husband to be sharing the kitchen duties with u at home ..This stupid White mentality that u people are dragging to Africa in the name of human right should better be stopped..It can not work in this side of the world

do you really think gender equality is about who cooks in the house angrytruly if you want to hide something from a black man just put it in a book! on every page of this tread many people have explained over and over again that gender equality is not about marriage yet you refuse to even read not to talk of understanding. if this is how the so called educated youths think then Nigeria has a long way to go o undecided The first thing a reasonable person does before contributing to a discussion is to educate himself about what the topic is

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sisisioge: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche, Olori is married to a Kabiesi o. Don't expect her or you or me to fight for equality with him or his kind. She spoke from her vantage point abeg. We are all equal but some are definitely more equal than others. Finish!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
AgricSalt:

That's your problem Oga. I grew up on kerosene cooked food. Actually you promoted me. Because I did grew up in firewood cooked food.

But that's how you people claim rich behind keyboards, only to seen flooding topics about N-Power.

The trend here, I have observed, is to term others poor in order to score cheap points. Yet we all scream hardship. Who is then is poor.
This is not about poverty but background. I am not rich but I am not your peer when it comes to use of English and this would be the same in my own Yoruba language From your English it is evident what your background is ,which is no crime until you start making arguments littered with embarrassing solecisms .You inserted your self uninvited into a matter that is over your head and exposed your vacuity for all to see ,naff off!!.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Araoluwa005(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
lmaooo.. so olori that was a "nobody" this time last year suddenly is more lofty than a veteran that has paid her dues in her profession because she has a differing opinion? Nigerians ehen.. too funny
veteran you say? I think you need the dictionary meaning of veteran: A person with long experience of a particular activity.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol, have you ever met a feminist in ya life cos I'm yet to meet one? grin These heifers always deny that shyte like Judas denied Jesus and they sit their arses there expecting you to pay for everything and provide them with comfort. What part of gender equality is that? grin

We've to be equal in everything lool.
its a very good question. I have met many online on nairaland but on the ground ? i dont believe I have. Although my first experience with an african american girl ( she was posh too and was in Yale ), she emphatically insisted on paying her share of the meal. i thought that was quite odd at the time cuz i had never encountered such. she never let me pay for her. i think it was more of a pride thing knowing i was from africa a deprived continent lolzzzzzz cheesy
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tolatutu: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
yes but you dont know the misery and torture the men are going through in the hand of these women. just the other day omotola announced to the whole world that she has being sending her husband to the market to buy tatashe and atarodo for the past 18 years. basically she said he is her houseboy cheesy

is that not the same Omotola you people were hailing when she said she doesn't believe in gender equality and the man is the head and blah blah grin i thought she was the correct African wife then grin that is what i was saying these women have learnt to come out and tell you they dont believe in gender equality since that's what most of you love to hear, what they do in their homes is a different matter grin keep acting for yourselves and demonizing the women who are real instead. Nigerian men love pretenders lipsrsealed same way this same Olori many here called Ashewo is now the ideal wife since she's told you what you want to hear grin
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nceecan: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche u Don't even understand urself Imagine.. .u are saying rubbish!
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
This is not about poverty but background. I am not rich but I am not your peer when it comes to use of English and this would be the same in my own Yoruba language From your English it is evident what your background is ,which is no crime until you start making arguments littered with embarrassing solecisms .You inserted your self uninvited into a matter that is over your head and exposed your vacuity for all to see ,naff off!!.

Without trying to drag superiority in background or exposure with you.

I'll beg you to bring your shoulder lower small.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
AgricSalt:

Without trying to drag superiority in background or exposure with you.

I'll beg you to bring your shoulder lower small.
Naff off!! and don't quote me again. You are very daft

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sukkot: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

is that not the same Omotola you people were hailing when she said she doesn't believe in gender equality and the man is the head and blah blah grin i thought she was the correct African wife then grin that is what i was saying these women have learnt to come out and tell you they dont believe in gender equality since that's what most of you love to hear, what they do in their homes is a different matter grin keep acting for yourselves and demonizing the women who are real instead. Nigerian men love pretenders lipsrsealed same way this same Olori many here called Ashewo is now the ideal wife since she's told you what you want to hear grin
well I am not aware of what she has declared herself to be to the public but one thing is for sure, that woman is a tyrant in her house. I can just look at the husband and see the pain he is going through. he was once a tall proud man but now he is bent over cuz of abuse. let me tell you something ? its a good thing men are endowed to be on top by God because you think men are bullies ? you have not see chumtin yet, if it was women that were given the divine assignment to rule the world ? us men will be living in tyranny cuz you women are tyrants. whomever you have power over you abuse them for example many houseboys and housegirls in nigeria are maimed and killed by women. the only reason you are angry about this man-woman arrangement is because it is not giving you the power to terrorize us. dats why you feminazis want to overturn this divine arrangement so you can terrorize the world lolzzz grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Naff off!! and don't quote me again. You are very daft

Mr exposure you have no identity. Simple
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by anonymousreport: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are missing the point .the issue here is law so whether no two people are born equal is not the issue. The issue is should everyone have equal rights before the law. There is nothing like Equity of rights
What rights are we talking about here

All human rights
Citizen rights

Should apply EQUALLY to everyone. People are getting hung up on homes and households but that is not an arena that is open to the law. People can manage their lives how they like but are we to say that women cannot aspire to any office in the land? Are we to say women cannot vote? are we to adopt the sharia doctrine that in court the testimony of a woman is less than that of a man?

In law we are talking EQUALITY and not EQUITY

You fail to define what you mean by equity and not equality because I do not think yu know what you mean exactly
you are the confused being here. @ bolded everyone ha their right. I am not sure the government is denying females their right or allowing the males more right than the women. If all your rant is about attaining executive positions in places of work, then that's already obtainable. What are quick to want to be like the westerners but failing to understand that they didn't just get their overnight. You don't need a law to make you feel you are equal to the man. Your though should show it. When I say equity,I mean being presented with the same opportunities and empowerment to carry out a task.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
you are the confused being here. @ bolded everyone ha their right. I am not sure the government is denying females their right or allowing the males more right than the women. If all your rant is about attaining executive positions in places of work, then that's already obtainable. What are quick to want to be like the westerners but failing to understand that they didn't just get their overnight. You don't need a law to make you feel you are equal to the man. Your though should show it. When I say equity,I mean being presented with the same opportunities and empowerment to carry out a task.
OK if you say I am ranting let us close it on that note before I send you to your mother and father at home

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Shym3xx: 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
sukkot:
its a very good question. I have met many online on nairaland but on the ground ? i dont believe I have. Although my first experience with an african american girl ( she was posh too and was in Yale ), she emphatically insisted on paying her share of the meal. i thought that was quite odd at the time cuz i had never encountered such. she never let me pay for her. i think it was more of a pride thing knowing i was from africa a deprived continent lolzzzzzz cheesy

Lol, that's the African booty scratcher experience lol. She must've thought she was donating to unicef, but she didn't know you're Akeem Jaffe Joffer of Zamunda lool.

Honestly, I don't take these e-feminists seriously - I just clown them when I'm bored, like I've been doing on a next thread since afternoon. grin

These people's noise is more or less like hearing birds chirp to me. Boys and girls are given the same opportunities from birth. They attend the same schools from nursery to university level - without special treatments for boys. And after uni, opportunities abound for both sexes. So where's the inequality? If guys outsmart you and tend to be ahead of you after having the same opportunities, why not work on ya craft and stop appealing for special treatment? Shouldn't equality be about a level playing field?

If it's about certain societal views. Then the onus is on you to change that by leading by example. Start with spending ya own money on dates. And stop scrounging around, while being needy, with claims that you're a girl and a guy is meant to provide. Etc.. Once you start taking the initiative, men would've no other choice than to start giving you ya just due.

Most of the lousy clowns are folks with other issues and are anti-men. The whole ideology these days is more of trying to be superior to men and nothing to do with equality. They're like LGBT groups and PETA. While LGBT groups are trying to put gays over straight people - PETA cares more about animals than human beings. That's where the crass feminism falls and it's one part of the three-headed monster trying to destroy the natural order of humanity lol.

I don't even understand the noise these days when more and more women in the west are even embracing semi-housewife roles to raise kids. A lot of women don't work more than 5/6 hours nowadays. When you come to LDN, the reason why you'll see gazillion of Land Rover discovery out on the when schools close is cos most of these women are trying to pick up their kids from school. And most of them only do part time jobs - with their spouses spoiling them with decent whips.

Fvck outta here with that internet feminism - let's meet you in person loooooool. A lot of these clowns will go back to their hussies after logging off to cook his food and bow down to him. And the unmarried ones would still expect a guy to foot all their bills cos they're always needy, despite having a job. Yet they'll come here to disturb sane people wth noise about feminism loool.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
a

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Chommieblaq(f): 9:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.

Slay on bae, I don't understand what they keep blabbing about.
Is there any law in Nigeria restricting women from collecting same pay as d man or stopping them from contesting for any public office?
They want equality yet the men pay the bride price, babes collect money from their man for cloth, hair n stuffs.
We are never equal, we are just unique in our own way and some feminist want to trade it in the altar of equality?
Well I don't preach equality, wah I preach is equity!
Ma man na Ma oga, Ma demi god, same way am not n will never be equal to Ma twin brother even though we biotin same day.

Shikena, that's Ma stand!

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by mmclatino(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
See this girl ooo. jombo if you continue this way Rodriguez may divorce you kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by checkolatunji: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Etinosajay:

Because she spoke the truth, she is now an attention seeker.

Rubbish u meant to say?
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Amya(f): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
And what makes you think a woman can't fight over her father's property legally?

Both males and females should be protected by the Law, not only one gender as you are advocating.

By the way when are we going to have the Minister For Men Affairs in this country?

you're not very smart.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by anonymousreport: 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
OK if you say I am ranting let us close it on that note before I send you to your mother and father at home
So you can't have an argument without taking it personal. You have made no point and still not making any point. If the so called " law " is passed, will the females have the authority to influence the decision makers of whatever institution. Will you as a female take your boss to court because he chose a male to head a unit instead of you. You won't win in court because the court has no rights to influence his decision. The so called law will only give some females the mentality they are being deprived some rights because of their gender, this will not make them productive as they used to. Like I said, you don't need any law to make you feel equal to a man.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Etinosajay(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
checkolatunji:

Rubbish u meant to say?

That's your opinion isn't it?

So people who hold opposing view to yours, automatically are attention seekers?

Wow
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by graphiti: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
FreshNaijaBoy:
When a movie actress knows more than a queen. When uche jumbo is more exposed than wuraola. When you want equal right but you weren't created equal. When Eve was created after Adam to serve as a compliment to him.

When you are wiser than God, then you're a Uche Jumbo.

#wordz~on~marble!!!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
So you can't have an argument without taking it personal. You have made no point and still not making any point. If the so called " law " is passed, will the females have the authority to influence the decision makers of whatever institution. Will you as a female take your boss to court because he chose a male to head a unit instead of you. You won't win in court because the court has no rights to influence his decision. The so called law will only give some females the mentality they are being deprived some rights because of their gender, this will not make them productive as they used to. Like I said, you don't need any law to make you feel equal to a man.
I thought we were doing fine till you said I was ranting So I am not the one taking it personal .I am not interested any more because I know for a fact you cannot say that to my face. so thanks and bye

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
sumborri:
you are definitely not a nigerian female. You can't be this reasonable. Or is the world coming to an end ?
Very patronizing ,Hmm
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by BrosMayowa(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
is it sexist if i hit a lady or sexist if i dont because she is a lady?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by anonymousreport: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
I thought we were doing fine till you said I was ranting So I am not the one taking it personal .I am not interested any more because I know for a fact you cannot say that to my face. so thanks and bye
show me where I mentioned rant in the earlier posts. I hope you have learnt something new. If you think laws like this will protect you or fight for you, you might be wasting your time. If the "gay law" in the US didn't stop a man from from showing his hatred for gays and couldn't protect their lives then you should know this law is just a script.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tolatutu:

So many ignorant women and men here. Gender equality is not about marriage but the society. The only man the Bible asks a woman to submit to is her husband, outside of that she is equal to every other man or woman. gender equality is talking about equal rights in society and not discriminating based on gender e.g Landlords not renting to single women but they will rent to single men! places in Nigeria where women cant inherit from their father just because shes a woman! You lot focus too much on marriage which is why you think everything is about marriage. imagine a woman in a meeting with her male colleagues and then the boss will ask her to go and make tea just because she's a woman despite the fact that their are junior male colleagues present angry That is the kind of crap we are talking about. if the women before didnt fight for your right you would not even have had a chance to go to school not to talk of getting a job. if the world was full of women like you women would not have rights to vote or drive now because you would have just agreed that yes because men know better.
i almost fell for your comment till I gave it's second thought.

You definitely think the bill is just for a woman to have equal rights with men in public alone, but in a family setting she is to be submissive to her husband. You don't seem to see how giving her the so-called equal rights will affect her marriage. The right will make her lose respect for men and gradually her husband.

You spoke of a boss sending her to go make tea for the men when they are male workers who are even below are in the scheme of things that should be sent. Is cooking no longer a woman's joy? If it was a huge generator the boss needed someone to lift for him, you selfish people will start to point to the fact that such heavy duty is for men.

As for inheritance, you can't tell a family or a tribe to change their belief just because some western law crept into Nigeria. If it is a taboo for women to inherit properties, then so be it. Not all tribes do such Why does you folks want us to throw away our own values for their white man?

I have never seen where a landlord rejects renting an apartment to a lady before. It can't even happen in Nigeria where landlords are hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by AngelZee: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
"Watch as they break the glass ceiling, reaching straight for the moon...and beyond...in their Louboutins."

And that, my dear, is how to end an argument. Slay Bae!

Na so

If you like don't ga'an learn how to cook. Be forming gender equality.
lol
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
show me where I mentioned rant in the earlier posts. I hope you have learnt something new. If you think laws like this will protect you or fight for you, you might be wasting your time. If the "gay law" in the US didn't stop a man from from showing his hatred for gays and couldn't protect their lives then you should know this law is just a script.
Now you feel you must ram your ideas down my throat? That is what I call a rant.Talking to the uninterested. Can we just leave each other alone ?Please
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Scatterscatter(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Etinosajay:
@ scatterscatter

You spoke beautifully. Your head must be full of wise stuff.

I always like to hear arguments for and against.

Your argument against, is brilliant. Not like some other folks who preferred to attack the personality and tribe of uche jombo.

If it were omotola that said such, they would give her thumbs up.

I'm wondering why you chose scattersca.tter as your moniker. smiley

Lol... Thanks for the words of encouragement smiley
Regarding the moniker, don't mind me jere, it's a bit philosophical.... I chose it cos that the true state of the world at the moment and I chose to put it all on myself while I try to make sense out of the situation.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by anonymousreport: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Now you feel you must ram your ideas down my throat? That is what I call a rant.Talking to the uninterested. Can we just leave each other alone ?Please
were you held? If you were not interested, you didn't have to mention me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Regina Daniels' Son, Munir Nwoko In New Photo / Mr. Eazi Thanks Temi Otedola, His Girlfriend "For Making Everything Special" / Dj Cuppy Celebrates Nigeria At 60 With Cute Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.