Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief (16971 Views)

EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) / Ex-air Force Chief, Umar, Diverted N13.3bn In 2 Yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bushguy: 11:02am On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
I pity this nation where a youth will be asking a young man like him why 40m is sitting in his account while supporting this evil trend by the EFCC to twist the arm of a suspect to take there money by force through bail or other means,we have a law for crying out loud,if this guy stole the money take him to court recover our money and jail the convicted man,this trend is really bad for democracy,you accuse a suspect of 40m,put his bail at 40m when you haven't convicted him of the crime,who is now the thief...which way Nigeria.

Na thief dey sabi thief nah
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by nzemila(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
I pity this nation where a youth will be asking a young man like him why 40m is sitting in his account while supporting this evil trend by the EFCC to twist the arm of a suspect to take there money by force through bail or other means,we have a law for crying out loud,if this guy stole the money take him to court recover our money and jail the convicted man,this trend is really bad for democracy,you accuse a suspect of 40m,put his bail at 40m when you haven't convicted him of the crime,who is now the thief...which way Nigeria.

The man only succeed to tell us that EFCC forced him to pay 40m. Now the question is, did you stole our money. Look gentle man jail works for low life like us not for them. At the end you will hear bail out fee. To me EFCC can use any means and collect our money, all these guys get mind. They never went to court to seek permission to take the money that belongs to me and you. my humble opinion
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by babadee1(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2016
SailorXY:

Show us the developed country where a serving officer is abducted in his line of duty, made to cough out 'fines' & detained without trial with your oyinbo mentality.
People like see no faulty as long as godBuhari oversee it. You probably never left your local government before.

Is he the only AVM in the airforce? Were any of his fellow officers "kidnapped" or "witch-hunted" as well? Was there not a petition? Was there not an investigation? Was a prima facie case not established against him? And was he not charged to court?
You're talking as if he was suddenly ambushed one day and unlawfully kidnapped. The EFCC is a law enforcement agency created under appropriate Nigerian laws. They don't kidnap innocent people, they arrest suspects like all other law enforcement agencies.
The Nigerian case is unique because the judicial system is so twisted and corrupt. Instead of pushing for a conviction, the EFCC has strategically decided to advocate for out of court settlements, resulting in the return of stolen funds and closure of the case.
If the AVM is truly innocent as he claims, he can refuse to bargain, stick to his guns and wait for his day in court.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Omonigeriarere: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:

40m for bail is not just too much as far as I am concerned because he is still entitled to his money if he is not found guilty. I think FG is doing this so that if found guilty, FG won't need to spend another money on recovering process in the court of law which will no doubt incurred another expenses.

Let the man face his own music jooorr.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bakila: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
Castroii:
dont be ignorant my friend, 40million naira isnt the same as $40million and btw do u knw hw much an AVM earns? you should be more concerned with the way effc is being turned to a tool of oppression in dis govt, the govt should learn to stop setting bad precedents.
Do you know how much an AVM spends, his outgoings to developing and maintianing houses, concubines, girlfriends, maternal relations, paternal relations, his church, club and clothes. Bros no AVM will have N40m cash saved from his salary.
Ok tell us how much is the salary of an AVM?
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by ojialo(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Gamesmart:

These are the kind of fools that defend corrupt people.

That is why a career civil servant who worked as a lecturer before being made deputy governor and then governor, Goodluck Jonathan, could declare he was worth N293m when he became VP. Mostly from his "investments and gifts", not his crooked looting after he hit "one chance" as governor.

Now that same dumb crook has destroyed the economy with his looting and the looting he allowed.

Is it not the same Nigeria that we just learnt only 1% have over N500K in savings? Those in the 99% have not worked for 25 years?

It is only when you work for in government position that your "business brain" is effective?

Can you tell us what business of Ojuawo you know off? Or one of Goodluck Jonathan since they are the "super-business men" that can make money from "private business" that we just don't know about.

Gamesmart:

These are the kind of fools that defend corrupt people.

That is why a career civil servant who worked as a lecturer before being made deputy governor and then governor, Goodluck Jonathan, could declare he was worth N293m when he became VP. Mostly from his "investments and gifts", not his crooked looting after he hit "one chance" as governor.

Now that same dumb crook has destroyed the economy with his looting and the looting he allowed.

Is it not the same Nigeria that we just learnt only 1% have over N500K in savings? Those in the 99% have not worked for 25 years?

It is only when you work for in government position that your "business brain" is effective?

Can you tell us what business of Ojuawo you know off? Or one of Goodluck Jonathan since they are the "super-business men" that can make money from "private business" that we just don't know about.
what brought Goodlucks name to this? u will die before your time, I am not here to debate with u, I am a public servant, haven't worked for 10yrs I know what I am saying, only lazy people depend on their salary alone.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bakila: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Benwems:

shut up your mouth. Do you know that an AVM is equivalent to Major General in the Air force? His basic salary is [b]1.3M [/b]minus other allowances. Adding other allowances it will be much higher. Also, do you know how many politicians and businessmen brings gifts, cars, and cash to these senior military men. Dont talk any shiit about cash(money) and gifts because even banks and other big establishments gives gifts to their top customers. So why should he reject the gifts in whatever form? The reason I hate nairaland is because you have to talk or argue with different people from different class eg agbero, miscreants, olodo, zombies and others. I'm out of here.
@bold shows that you are a kid or a miscreant. Anyone who has that salary and rides the Range Rover mentioned cannot save N40m from his salary. If your are not within that monthly income range ask those who are. You come to Nairaland and abuse others on behalf of someone for earns N1.3m sorry for your.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bakila: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
SailorXY:
go & sit down. you think being an AVM is rice & beans? coupled with an appointment how much do you think he rake in monthly?
do you know how much a DPO take home monthly?

is he also not allowed to invest his cash & get someone else to oversee? that man is not less than 50 years old, what about his wife? what about his grown up children?
which competent law court has convicted him for such fines to slammed on him?
I can't even blame most of these civilians calling themselves EFCC, abducting an officer in course of duty to country. I'm sure he was alone @ the time.
anti-corruption fight my foot.
That is why he should in EFCC cell
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Kingspin(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
bakila:

Bros if Americans know that Obama has $40m in his account the kasala will not finish in two years. Ordinary AOC has 40m is that not yam? Definitely it is not salary, if it is inheritance oya let's see the will.
The man maybe wrong but EFCC are wronger.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by youngeagle(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

40m for bail is not just too much as far as I am concerned because he is still entitled to his money if he is not found guilty. I think FG is doing this so that if found guilty, FG won't need to spend another money on recovering process in the court of law which will no doubt incurred another expenses.

Let the man face his own music jooorr.
bro so easy to say,you will make money 2Mao,pray this trend doesn't continue because it will affect all of us
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Omonigeriarere: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
bro so easy to say,you will make money 2Mao,pray this trend doesn't continue because it will affect all of us

If I steal what belongs to millions Nigeria, so be it.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by youngeagle(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

If I steal what belongs to millions Nigeria, so be it.
did the guy steal?
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Omonigeriarere: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
did the guy steal?

Let the court decide that.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by youngeagle(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Let the court decide that.
then why collecting a lot of money and seizing of his car when the court haven't convicted him yet,what sort of jungle justice is that
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Omonigeriarere: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
then why collecting a lot of money and seizing of his car when the court haven't convicted him yet,what sort of jungle justice is that

It is one of the conditions required to secure his bail, which is refundable if he is not found guilty.

Get it right.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Gamesmart: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
ojialo:

what brought Goodlucks name to this? u will die before your time, I am not here to debate with u, I am a public servant, haven't worked for 10yrs I know what I am saying, only lazy people depend on their salary alone.

So tell me how you make $1.5m as a Nigerian civil servant?

If you can't, may you entire family die 2016.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by donchitude: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
bakila:

Bros if Americans know that Obama has $40m in his account the kasala will not finish in two years. Ordinary AOC has 40m is that not yam? Definitely it is not salary, if it is inheritance oya let's see the will.
u call AOC ordinary?u must be a funny fellow
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bakila: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
donchitude:
u call AOC ordinary?u must be a funny fellow
There are Directors in Airforce Headquarters, there are Directors in the Defence Headquarters. He is 4th in military hierarchy.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by RALPHOW(m): 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Ahmeduana post=46737885]
THIS JUSTICE ADEMOLA MUST BE CORRUPT, WHY IS IT THAT IS THE ONLY JUDGE THAT IS GRANTING EFCC PERPETUAL DETAIN WARRANT, IS HE THE ONLY JUDGE IN NIGERIA? WHAT IS THE COLLABORATION BETWEEN EFCC, BUHARI, APC AND THIS ADEMOLA? DID efcc HAVE SOMETHING SECRET ON THE JUDGE THAT MADE HIM TO ALWAY DO THERE BIDDING?[/quote

He is the most tested and trusted judge that is not corrupt QED
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by ojialo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gamesmart:

So tell me how you make $1.5m as a Nigerian civil servant?

If you can't, may you entire family die 2016.
you are such nuisance, you just acted like an 8 years old kid with mental issues
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by naijaking1: 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
youngeagle:

Thanks for your mature opinion.
They forced him to pay#40 million, not that they have convicted him of stealing the amount.
Granted he might have stolen it, but he could have also borrowed the money from his whole village.
Bad things happen when efcc becomes prosecutor, judge, jury, and enforcers.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Gamesmart: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2016
ojialo:
you are such nuisance, you just acted like an 8 years old kid with mental issues

Answer the question if you know you don't have mental issues. Fool!
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by ojialo(m): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=Gamesmart post=46806337]

Answer the question if you know you don't have mental issues. Fool!ok
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by ojialo(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=Gamesmart post=46806337]

Answer the question if you know you don't have mental issues. Fool!ok!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Shittu, APDA Chairman: "Our Mission In Politics" / Obasanjo Cautions Achebe & Awolowo’s Loyalists Against Civil War Comments / Nigerian Army Releases 244 Repentant Boko Haram Suspects To Borno Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.