Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest (3431 Views)

Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2016
Maxi112:
awww.

wonderful! how was your night?
very well dear..thanks ....these pple here want to crash my courage to rep our refiner ooooh
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by DrOkoroafor(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Phame:

With all due respect, this rule negates all code of practice if put on the "weighing balance' of logic.

My reasons are:

1. If it's not part of the rules to have more than 300 votes to participate in this contest as a contestant, I don't think it conforms with logic to ask the voters to have 300 posts to their name before they can vote.

2. The moment you register on this effigy of a forum, you automatically adopt the name "nairalander" irrespective of the number of posts you have , and you stand to enjoy all benefit and protection enjoyed by every member(both old and new ).

3. If a nairalander can post , place advert , increase the traffic of this forum irrespective of his or her number of posts, and can only do this mostly as a registered member, then , I see no reason why he or she should be denied an opportunity of voting simply because he or she hasn't posted up to 300 times on the forum.

suggestion

1. Number of posts required to vote should not be a criterion or pre-requisite , rather , time of registration.

2. If possible, and if the rule must stand(I.e if you guys insist) , I think it should be slashed to 40-50 as against the extant 300 posts ceiling set.

3. It's not every nairalander that post regularly. We have people who are as old as Seun on nairaland but still have less than 20 posts. Should they be denied a right , despite their loyalty to this great forum , just because they have a few posts? It shouldn't be so.

Seun , I know you are altruistic towards the members of this forum, I hope you exhibit that trait as regards the points raised here.

Yeah. Like seriously, the minute I saw that rule, I just got tired of the contest. So after all the campaigns, I've been automatically disqualified to vote for the contestant I endorsed?

Smh. I am a very busy man. I registered on Nairaland last year, but I hardly post due to my busy schedules. I work in a Hospital for Pete's sake!
What do you people want me to do? Ignore a patient and come to Nairaland to post numerous comments until I'm qualified to vote in a pageant? That's ridiculous!

I can only throw in some little comments when I am online, and when I have time, I try to support MissGdope. But the organizers, Dygeasy and co have disqualified me for no just reason. No problem. It's all good.

I just hope the qualified ones vote MissGdope. She's the right head for the crown. Vote her!

May the best girl win!!

1 Like

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Maxi112: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
very well dear..thanks ....these pple here want to crash my courage to rep our refiner ooooh
don't mind them bae.

haters everywhere.. stay cool dear & God bless

1 Like

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
I THINK THE RULE SHOULD HOLD
I have no problem with it. I meet all criteria
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by teejaypee: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Well said!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
grin just checked my profile now saw that I have more than 300 post....that means am free to vote abi?....yippie! !!!
#refiner #KINGinVAHALA2 #Maxi112 #stobery
Add am Lanicky and I'll do same for you wink
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Maxi112: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
Done
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Dygeasy(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Hello good Morning,

Thanks for your observation. I'll sleep better if we have just 50 total votes and they are all from very active accounts than from inactive accounts that were resurrected for the contest.

You want valid votes, you want free and fair? I'm giving you those two things.

If you're interested in Miss Nairaland, the least you can do is be active to an extent. It's not a must for everyone to vote. WE DO NOT WANT ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS TO VOTE AND THIS IS FAIR ENOUGH I THINK.

Thank you.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2016
Maxi112:
Done
Rogered!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by DrOkoroafor(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello good Morning,

Thanks for your observation. I'll sleep better if we have just 50 total votes and they are all from very active accounts than from inactive accounts that were resurrected for the contest.

If you're interested in Miss Nairaland, the least you can do is be active to an extent. It's not a must for everyone to vote. WE DO NOT WANT ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS TO VOTE AND THIS IS FAIR ENOUGH I THINK.

Thank you.

It's alright then. I understand now.

I registered in August, 2015. Am I disqualified too?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
swiri kiss kiss kiss so you recognise me in my local attire
ja! Lol
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
naaarrrrrh....am ok with ma professional #refinergrin.........U wan wash my head.....grin
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
naaarrrrrh....am ok with ma professional #refinergrin.........U wan wash my head.....grin
Fair enough wink
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2016
ellacute45:
ja! Lol
what's ja?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
hmmmmmmm am ?? ...
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
what's ja?
it means yea
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
Fair enough wink
I have done it nah
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
hmmmmmmm am lnicky? ...
hello mylady. pls do add ivyy
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
grin just checked my profile now saw that I have more than 300 post....that means am free to vote abi?....yippie! !!!
#refiner #KINGinVAHALA2 #Maxi112 #stobery

Hey love, I'm sure you re ready to unleash your vote for your boo contestant, refiner?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by wristbangle: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2016
The rules has been stated and it is of best interest for the competition to avoid fraudulent activities.

Wishing all the contestants best of luck.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2016
UyiIredia:
True talk. I second.

my brother, how far na?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
I have done it nah
I'll do same during voting
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
Fair enough wink
hmmmm....fulfil ur part now!!!!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by amuokuko: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Seriously, I was about sending a mail to that young dude called Dygeasy about that rule..

I have neva given a fork about "Miss Nairaland" for 9 years on this platform but this year being less busy I did, please note I don't intend voting for any of those End Time galz but am concerned that if I wanted to participate, my vote would be void because my present moniker was created in march this year nd I won't ve posted 300 comments when Nairaland does not fend for my family..

I am only concerned because you will be disenfranchising so many because of that "martian" Rule..

Cc:
Dygeasy abi seun

2 Likes

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
I'll do same during voting
grin see wash wink
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by DanceLord(m): 10:09am On Jun 20, 2016
grin grin... Abii oh.. But its like its NL daris fending for sum peeps and their generation grin
amuokuko:

Seriously, I was about sending a mail to that young dude called Dygeasy about that rule..

I have neva given a fork about "Miss Nairaland" for 9 years on this platform but this year being less busy I did, please note I don't intend voting for any of those End Time galz but am concerned that if I wanted to participate my vote would be void because my present moniker was created in march this year nd I won't ve posted 300 comments when Nairaland does not fend for my family..

I am only concerned because you will be disenfranchising so many because of that "martian" Rule..

Cc:
Dygeasy abi seun

1 Like

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by AbuMikey(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
during the last generation election in the country, not everyone with voter's card could vote. Due to many reasons. Some, their fingerprints couldn't be verified.
You see? Not all of us can vote sir

This does not make sense one bit
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by heatflux: 11:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Phame:

With all due respect, this rule negates all code of practice if put on the "weighing balance' of logic.

My reasons are:

1. If it's not part of the rules to have more than 300 votes to participate in this contest as a contestant, I don't think it conforms with logic to ask the voters to have 300 posts to their name before they can vote.

2. The moment you register on this effigy of a forum, you automatically adopt the name "nairalander" irrespective of the number of posts you have , and you stand to enjoy all benefit and protection enjoyed by every member(both old and new ).

3. If a nairalander can post , place advert , increase the traffic of this forum irrespective of his or her number of posts, and can only do this mostly as a registered member, then , I see no reason why he or she should be denied an opportunity of voting simply because he or she hasn't posted up to 300 times on the forum.

suggestion

1. Number of posts required to vote should not be a criterion or pre-requisite , rather , time of registration.

2. If possible, and if the rule must stand(I.e if you guys insist) , I think it should be slashed to 40-50 as against the extant 300 posts ceiling set.

3. It's not every nairalander that post regularly. We have people who are as old as Seun on nairaland but still have less than 20 posts. Should they be denied a right , despite their loyalty to this great forum , just because they have a few posts? It shouldn't be so.

Seun , I know you are altruistic towards the members of this forum, I hope you exhibit that trait as regards the points raised here.

. LOGIC is about to get extinct here (300 posts from heaven). My 137th post since 2013

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
DrOkoroafor:
Yeah. Like seriously, the minute I saw that rule, I just got tired of the contest. So after all the campaigns, I've been automatically disqualified to vote for the contestant I endorsed?

Smh. I am a very busy man. I registered on Nairaland last year, but I hardly post due to my busy schedules. I work in a Hospital for Pete's sake!
What do you people want me to do? Ignore a patient and come to Nairaland to post numerous comments until I'm qualified to vote in a pageant? That's ridiculous!

I can only throw in some little comments when I am online, and when I have time, I try to support MissGdope. But the organizers, Dygeasy and co have disqualified me for no just reason. No problem. It's all good.

I just hope the qualified ones vote MissGdope. She's the right head for the crown. Vote her!

May the best girl win!!

you can imagine. I hope Seun and the organizers look into this.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
heatflux:
. LOGIC is about to get extinct here (300 posts from heaven). My 137th post since 2013
just my point. It should be time of registration with some posts and not number of posts.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Fynestboi: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dygeasy:
Hello good Morning,

Thank you.

Nice rule, but yet @bolded can only be reduced and not totally eradicated. cool
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Lafeda(m): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Hahahaha this is hilarious cheesy

Tosyn how far....People like jack, chinshu, rebel etc...Hop u don vote refiner sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Words Of Advice To All Men For The Week / Oya! A Female Hooker Is Called Ashawo. What Is A Male Hooker Called ? / Check This Hilarious Chat Between Two Friends Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.