Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? (41098 Views)

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? / Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Iseoluwani: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

You are redefining Adultery on your own terms and not according to scripture. Polygamy is not borne out of greed, it is a natural phenomenon that happens because it does.

I would rather listen to the scripture than religious folk, and scripture refers to Adultery in the context of divorce or putting away one's wife. The bible also says " thou shall not covet they neighbor's wife " , it does not make a reference to marrying another wife. Remember that this was part of the ten commandments where God did not provide any restriction on how many wives a man can/should marry.

Even Moses who God praised very highly had 3 wives.

Note : My aim is not to promote the marrying of more than one wife but to debunk the erroneous notion that a man who has four wives before coming to know the truth must chase away the last 3 wives and stay with the first, this is so so wrong and is actually promoting anarchy , chaos, confusion and creating children without a father and women who can never marry again because anyone who marries them is committing adultery, yet you will say that God never recognised their marriages in the first place, but how do you know ?? Why are you religious folk so presumptuous and judgemental like the pharisees ?

U said Moses was praised.. ..

Fyn but do u know that the Israelites were under the old promises

In this present age

Hebrews 8:6
But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

Why on earth will I marry another wife if not greed. Look @ David, Solomon even Abraham who his wife Sarah have Haggai to marry n bear him sons. Why did he have to accept that proposal from his wife. Abraham was desperate to have a child

Gen 17:18 O that Ishmael might live before Thee. Why cannot he do? Why may he not be the chosen child, the heir of the Promise ..

He even married kethurah because he could not satisfy his sexual urge. Sarah was old, Haggai was sent away
shocked

NOTE: I cannot categorically say they should send hem away am saying why houkdvthey have more than one wife if not greed

Polygamy z brought out of greed
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by mrZENographer: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

There is a big difference between sleeping with an unmarried woman and marrying an unmarried woman, you are confusing the two.

Dont giv me this absurd response.

I asked a simple question. What do you call a married man sleeping with an unmarried woman?

If you are still confused please download google search engine or in lay terms, type define adultery.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by mrZENographer: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Organs:

This bible verse does not answer the question, pls understand the question asked, and if you dont know say you dont know period, and not cause more confusion.

Marriage is btw a man and a woman. Not a man and two women. Ask God for understanding. you need it.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Myde4naija(m): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
eph12:

Lol.. If Christians have problems believing some part of the Bible then it's safe to say they are gradually sliding away from the faith. If the content of the Bible is a problem to you you have no business being a Christian sir.
me? Xtian? Lae law, I can never be part of confused and blindfolded people that has to cogent nor geninue record to back there faith.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Iseoluwani: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Okay, so Moses , David, Abraham , Jacob and Ezra to name a few , were all 'PERVERTS' .

And your forefathers who did not hear about Christ till almost 1,500 years after his death were all 'PERVERTS' and 'ADULTERERS'

My friend go and sit down.... cool

The original intent plan of God is one man one wife.
These names you mentioned operated in the old covenant not only when Jesus came back to abolish it and make a new one

Hebrews 8 : 6
New International Version
But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Iseoluwani: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Okay, so Moses , David, Abraham , Jacob and Ezra to name a few , were all 'PERVERTS' .

And your forefathers who did not hear about Christ till almost 1,500 years after his death were all 'PERVERTS' and 'ADULTERERS'

My friend go and sit down.... cool

The original intent plan of God is one man one wife.
These names you mentioned operated in the old covenant not only when Jesus came back to abolish it and make a new one

Hebrews 8 : 6
New International Version
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by ojabel(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
Abra4real:

So, what you're saying is, after a man says he's born again, sanctified by the blood of the Lamb, and have made Jesus his master, he can still sleep on the same bed with his many wives and have sex with them abi?

Nowhere in my text did I say not live with. Some of those wives may be old. The man has to cater for them and their children. BUT NOT HAVE SEX WITH THEM. And they are no more his wives.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are still talking about the law when we've moved on to GRACE. Which part of the bible said he can no longer have sex with his wives after been born again? You are trying to introduce doctrine that is not in the bible.

Don't form the habit of always approaching the bible from the angle of the law. We're not God. Judah, Rahab, David were all ifrom the lineage of Jesus, yet God accepted them after they repented and He never winged any rope of the law around their necks. None of them qualified to be in the lineage of Jesus, but for GRAcE!

Think about this, the man had paid dowry on those wives, he's bound by the same law you've quated to remain with them for life.

The word of God is simple and clear. Having sex with the wives doesn't reduce or increase his chance of making or losing eternity.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by demmie1: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Let us apply your logic to scripture and remember even Paul referred to scripture ( not the new testament ) as ;
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16

Now , in the so called New Testament, Jesus said that the only reason why Moses permitted divorce in the ancient days , was due to the hardness of heart of his people in the context of divorce. It was never about marrying another wife , it was about putting away a wife or wives. There is no other reason Jesus gave in relation to their hardness of heart, like marrying multiple women for example.

The Bible says that God does not change, in other words he expects the same standards from ALL mankind whether they lived 1 million or 10 years ago.

Using your logic we can call David, Jacob, Abraham and many others SERIAL ADULTERERS because they married MORE THAN ONE WOMAN, yet God never condemned them, in fact he called them righteous and loved them. David was condemned and punished for adultery not because he had many wives but because he slept with , and impregnated another man's wife and then had him killed. Solomon was not condemned because he had many wives and even concubines, he was condemned and punished because he married heathen women who took his heart away from God. None of these great men were told to drive away their other wives and remain with the first one.

The suggestion that a man who has 4 wives should get rid of the later 3 with their children is unscriptural, evil, wicked, mad , stupid, devilish and not from GOD at all, it is a figment of imagination in the minds of MOG followers who stick to the words of their pastors and their warped interpretation of scripture, without reasoning things out for themselves.

I personally have ONE WIFE and would not marry another purely because more than ONE WOMAN = STRESS AND TROUBLE and increased Financial commitment in this modern time, not because I can't !!!

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=mrZENographer post=46815665]

Dont giv me this absurd response.

I asked a simple question. What do you call a married man sleeping with an unmarried woman?

Absurd response and yet in the same vein you ask an absurd question ? cheesy

We are not talking about a married man sleeping with an unmarried woman or vice versa , we are talking about a married man marrying another UNMARRIED WOMAN.

If you are still confused please download google search engine or in lay terms, type define adultery.

Nope, I stick to scripture - cool
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by kanmyokoya: 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
ettaetta:
is polygamy not a sin?
Polygamy is not a sin going by the Holy Qur'an
Qur'an 4:3
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Abra4real(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
ojabel:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are still talking about the law when we've moved on to GRACE. Which part of the bible said he can no longer have sex with his wives after been born again? You are trying to introduce doctrine that is not in the bible.

Don't form the habit of always approaching the bible from the angle of the law. We're not God. Judah, Rahab, David were all ifrom the lineage of Jesus, yet God accepted them after they repented and He never winged any rope of the law around their necks. None of them qualified to be in the lineage of Jesus, but for GRAcE!

Think about this, the man had paid dowry on those wives, he's bound by the same law you've quated to remain with them for life.

The word of God is simple and clear. Having sex with the wives doesn't reduce or increase his chance of making or losing eternity.

I pray that you don't die in that (or this) condition. Act 17 vs 30 says, And the times of ignorance GOD WINKED AT: but now commandeth ALL MEN EVERY WHERE to REPENT.

That God overlooked polygamy of old-time saints doesn't mean He likes it or wants them to do it. They had little knowledge then. But now? He commands everyone to repent of those things God overlooked.

That means you'd even be neutral if the likes of Kumuyi, Adeboye, etc. marries seven wives. Please, don't mention me again, as I won't answer you again.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Abra4real(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
kanmyokoya:

Polygamy is not a sin going by the Holy Qur'an
Qur'an 4:3

Who doesn't know that? I don't even have to read the Quran to know. How many wives did Muhammed had again? anybody?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by RavinWolf(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
just wondering... Of all married men loved by God as suggested in the Bible, how many married one wife?

I am off the opinion that polygamy is as natural as breathing in oxygen.

Need I say more? How an angel wakes in your soul...

click > www.nairaland.com/3181797/how-highest-vision-soul-waking
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Jayceendus: 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
ettaetta:
I know Modern day christianity condems polygamy and the bible condems divorce, so my quetion now is? If a man has multiple wives and becomes a Christian, what is he supposed to do?

Stay with them all..No marriage in heaven..#Christianity is personal
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by ettaetta(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
nairalandankrah:
. my dear, if polygamy is not a sin to YOU, Its definitely a sin to GOD.
where in the bible did You see it? David and other great men married more than one wife
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Abra4real(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
ojabel:
[color=#006600][/color]

Did God "Wink" at Sin in the Old Testament?

by David J. Stewart

"Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:29-30).

I once heard a preacher say that the reason God allowed men to have multiple wives back in the Old Testament was because He "winked" at their sins back then. This is a lie. Friend, God NEVER "winks" at sin. If you'll notice Acts 17:30, you'll find that God winked at their "ignorance," not their sins. Cain killed Able, did God wink at it? Certainly not; God pronounced a curse upon Cain for the sin of murdering Able, his brother. So why should we believe that God allowed or condoned any sin in the Old Testament. No my friend, if polygamy is sinful today, it was sinful back then as well. Malachi 3:6 tells us that God NEVER changes, He is immutable. If God never changes, then his hatred for sin never changes. Cain had no Bible, he had no Law given unto him--yet he was punished for his crime against his brother. Ignorance is no excuse of the law! Do you know why?

"Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;" (Romans 2:15).

The reason why ignorance is no excuse for our sins is because we all have God's laws written in our hearts--a conscience! Cain didn't need a Bible to tell him not to kill Able. Cain knew murder was not acceptable. The Apostle Paul tells us that the Law makes sin "exceedingly sinful." This is exactly why Paul told the men of Greece that they had no excuse not to repent; They had the law and the prophets.

So what does Acts 17:30 really mean? What was God winking at in the Old Testament? The word "winked" in Greek means "to overlook." So what was God overlooking? We read that Paul found the men of Athens worshipping God in a peculiar manner.

"For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you" (Acts 17:23).

The Savior was a big mystery to Old Testament Saints. They knew that the Messiah would some day come, but they were ignorant about the specifics. Today, we have detailed information provided by the Word of God. We have absolutely no excuse not to repent. Oh how severe will be the judgment upon this generation for their continued rejection of the gospel and their love for sin. With the modern technological advances, the gospel is being preached across the radio waves into every nation. The Old Testament folks didn't have much to go on. If they had even the simplest of faith, though based in total ignorance, God accepted that faith for salvation. Today, we know exactly what God expects from us.

The key issue here in Acts 17 is "ignorance," not sin. Many people today worship foolishly as did these men in Greece; however, folks today choose to remain willingly ignorant of the truth. I have witnessed to many Catholics who would not budge. They refuse to break away from their family tradition. I invited one Catholic man to church and he said he didn't want to be converted. He has no excuse. He knows what needs to be done, but he's afraid to step outside of the mold which his family is locked into. How sad! Hell will be filled with "...the fearful..." (Revelation 21:cool. So many people refuse to accept the good news of Jesus Christ and become born-again--because their families would laugh at them and reject them in many cases. What is your soul worth friend?

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37, 38).

So what is the Bible saying? Was God saying that we should not love our parents? Absolutely not! We are commanded to honor our parents. "Honor" primarily meaning to help them out when they're too help to care for themselves anymore. The word "honor" means "to value." We are to value our parents, not to abandon them. Howbeit, Jesus was saying that our loyalty must first be to God. If our parents and family reject Christ and His doctrine, then we are to follow after Christ and His Word regardless. Though our family may reject us, we are to obey God rather than man. I know a born-again man in his 40's who's mother and brother are staunch Catholics. After a youth of wine, women and song; He finally came to Jesus Christ for forgiveness and salvation. Now he's a Christian, living for the Lord. He said that whenever he mentions being born-again to his mother, she becomes enraged. She has much animosity towards true Christians. Her son chose to become a born-again believer, regardless of what his family thought. He put God first! She is not ignorant, she is willfully rebellious against God's Word. She has heard the truth and has rejected it.

So once again, let me say, God may have "winked" at ignorance in the Old Testament because of the mystery of the coming Messiah, but God did NOT wink at sin. God killed a man in the Old Testament for simply touching the ark of the covenant. Korah and his followers were consumed by the earth into the depths of hell when they rebelled against Moses, God's man. No friend, God didn't play games back then. As a matter of fact, God destroyed the entire world because of the wickedness of mankind in Noah's day. They didn't have a Bible, only Noah, a preacher of righteousness. The Bible tells us about all these things to warn us, to give us an example to heed (Romans 15:4). Today, we have preaching and Bible teaching abundantly available. People are acting as they did in Noah's day (eating, drinking and marrying without a trace of God in their lives). Oh how grave will be the judgment on this generation. We have the truth, yet so many people shirk it away. More people are getting their direction in life from late-night TV, than they are from God's Word. How sad!

Friend, you have no excuses! We have an over abundance of truth today. Billionaire Ted Turner said, "Christians are losers." I heard him say, "I look forward to going to hell because I sure deserve it." Has he has no excuse. How foolish and wicked is the heart of humanity

Source: [url]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer's%20Corner/winking_at_sin.htm[/url]
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Jayceendus: 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Abra4real post=46817669]

I pray that you don't die in that (or this) condition. Act 17 vs 30 says, And the times of ignorance GOD WINKED AT: but now commandeth ALL MEN EVERY WHERE to REPENT.

That God overlooked polygamy of old-time saints doesn't mean He likes it or wants them to do it. They had little knowledge then. But now? He commands everyone to repent of those things God overlooked.

That means you'd even be neutral if the likes of Kumuyi, Adeboye, etc. marries seven wives. Please, don't mention me again, as I won't answer you again.[/quote

I smell false RELIGIOUS DOCTRINE..BRO STUDY ON GOD'S WORD..POLYGAMY IN THIS, CASE IS NOT A SIN..DIVORCE IS..]..BRO THEY ARE YOUR WIIVES PRESENT THEM TO GOD AND ENJOY THEM...
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by nairalandankrah: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
ettaetta:
where in the bible did You see it? David and other great men married more than one wife
. see me see trouble,o! who be this person nah!
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by demmie1: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Christianity is only a religion formed by men, not the will of God.
The same goes for other religions.

the will of God for men is righteousness(as passed to us in the OT, Quran) giving to the orphans and widows(at least) and accepting christ as the savior of mankind(which is the new convenant).

So,men marry women and provide for them not the other way round. God does not condemn polygamy because He gave different roles to men and women.

nowadays you don't need half literate church leaders to explain what they dont understand to you...just google 'polygamy in the bible and take your own understanding from different authors.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by biilwwu(m): 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
It is only baby christian that will suggest to new convert to divource his other wives and stay with only the first one,other wives and their children will hate christianity and may never come to salvation.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Myde4naija:
me? Xtian? Lae law, I can never be part of confused and blindfolded people that has to cogent nor geninue record to back there faith.
No wonder. Nothing do you. Enjoy grin
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Myde4naija(m): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Abra4real:

Who doesn't know that? I don't even have to read the Quran to know. How many wives did Muhammed had again? anybody?
and xtianity didn't support marriage as Christ himself never marry nor have any children. Even your mentor Paul is impotent.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by sonoforogun(m): 4:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
doll912:

Yes... but it wasn't right. Pls read your Bible with understanding from the Holy Spirit. Abraham tried to get a child from a slave but the promised child was from the wife. Righteousness didn't mean they weren't sinners. The only thing is that they acknowledged God in all their deeds. Don't be deceived. The new testament written majorly by apostle paul talks on one man and one woman. I wish I could give you passages now. It's perversion that made man have more than one wife.

No Law, No Sin

In his letter to the saints at Rome, the apostle Paul explained, "sin is not imputed when there is no law" (Rom.5:12‑13 KJV).

Is there a law in the Bible that prohibits polygamy? No. There is no such law found in the Bible. And where polygamous relationships are noted, there is nothing negative said about this form of marriage. However, there are many laws noted in scripture that regulate the polygamous marriage and there are also many scriptures that clearly show that polygamy does not violate God's law.

The married man whose wife is still with him does not sin when he marries another wife (who is not another's wife). And likewise, the married man, whose wife has departed from him, he also does not sin when he marries another wife (who is not another's wife).
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by doll912(f): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=sonoforogun post=46822742]

No Law, No Sin

In his letter to the saints at Rome, the apostle Paul explained, "sin is not imputed when there is no law" (Rom.5:12‑13 KJV).

Is there a law in the Bible that prohibits polygamy? No. There is no such law found in the Bible. And where polygamous relationships are noted, there is nothing negative said about this form of marriage. However, there are many laws noted in scripture that regulate the polygamous marriage and there are also many scriptures that clearly show that polygamy does not violate God's law.

The married man whose wife is still with him does not sin when he marries another wife (who is not another's wife). And likewise, the married man, whose wife has departed from him, he also does not sin when he marries another wife (who is not another's wife).[/qu
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
ettaetta:
is polygamy not a sin?

how exactly is Polygamy a sin? And that matt whatever you quoted has got nothing to do with polygamy! When a man marries another wife, does he put away his first? Why don't you look at that passage again and tell me if there is any link between the topic at hand and that matt you quoted!
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
eph12:

The first is the recognized wife.

stop telling lies! If you are going to make a claim, why don't you just back it up with the bible?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
craziebone:

stop telling lies! If you are going to make a claim, why don't you just back it up with the bible?
A Bible verse to show that not the 2nd 3rd or last but 1st wife is the legitimate wife?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Indeed God hates divorce, but divorce only comes up where marriage existed. Malachi 2:14-16 speaks on terms of the wife (not wives) of thy youth. It also said God made BOTH ONE. Emphasizing that it is between 2 not more. Besides, Jesus established this when He quoted Genesis that they are no more 2( not 3 or more) but 1.

Now realise that certain things passed under the OT due to hardness of heart and limited revelation which we cannot emulate in the NT! Eg polygamy. For a married man to think of taking another wife means he had been committing adultery in his heart, admiring and desiring another woman while his wife was alive!!!

Hence the other 'wives' will go and the first remains! But of course, the children of the other women are to be catered for by the man.

Since Jesus taught that marriage to a divorcee is adultery, I wonder how some here seek to justify marriage to a married man!!!

first of all, in polygamy, there is no partial spouse! The man is each of the women's FULL husband and not a partial! When the bible speaks of the two, it means the man and each of the and everyone of the women!

When he is wedding each of them, he is taking them as individual. Polygamy is not a kind of trinity, get it!
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
eph12:

A Bible verse to show that not the 2nd 3rd or last but 1st wife is the legitimate wife?
the question was clear enough
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
craziebone:
the question was clear enough
No it wasn't. I don't want to jump to conclusions or assume what your thoughts are.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by ettaetta(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
craziebone:

how exactly is Polygamy a sin? And that matt whatever you quoted has got nothing to do with polygamy! When a man marries another wife, does he put away his first? Why don't you look at that passage again and tell me if there is any link between the topic at hand and that matt you quoted!
i have not quoted any scripture in any of my post, i only asked if polygamy is a sin. Read well before you misquote someone
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by machi25(f): 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
frosbel2:

Let us apply your logic to scripture and remember even Paul referred to scripture ( not the new testament ) as ;
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16

Now , in the so called New Testament, Jesus said that the only reason why Moses permitted divorce in the ancient days , was due to the hardness of heart of his people in the context of divorce. It was never about marrying another wife , it was about putting away a wife or wives. There is no other reason Jesus gave in relation to their hardness of heart, like marrying multiple women for example.

The Bible says that God does not change, in other words he expects the same standards from ALL mankind whether they lived 1 million or 10 years ago.

Using your logic we can call David, Jacob, Abraham and many others SERIAL ADULTERERS because they married MORE THAN ONE WOMAN, yet God never condemned them, in fact he called them righteous and loved them. David was condemned and punished for adultery not because he had many wives but because he slept with , and impregnated another man's wife and then had him killed. Solomon was not condemned because he had many wives and even concubines, he was condemned and punished because he married heathen women who took his heart away from God. None of these great men were told to drive away their other wives and remain with the first one.

The suggestion that a man who has 4 wives should get rid of the later 3 with their children is unscriptural, evil, wicked, mad , stupid, devilish and not from GOD at all, it is a figment of imagination in the minds of MOG followers who stick to the words of their pastors and their warped interpretation of scripture, without reasoning things out for themselves.

I personally have ONE WIFE and would not marry another purely because more than ONE WOMAN = STRESS AND TROUBLE and increased Financial commitment in this modern time, not because I can't !!!

my dear you really have alot to learn biblically. may God give you the wisdom you need to understand his word. if you believe that God hates a man having two wives, then what makes you think he will change that standard all because of the man's ignorance(God is not concerned about how you lived your life b4 but how you live it now you are in Christ).have you not read about restitution? where the bible says that if you were a thief Before accepting Christ ,you have to return that which you have stolen to their owners when you finally give your life to Christ?
one thing about our God is that he can never change his standards no matter what he doesn't cut corners neither is he partial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

RCCG Pastor: "Dangote Will Not Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gives Woman N3million During Church Service (photos) / What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.