Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

How Can I Have Faith? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Have Faith? (7178 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Even The Atheist Have Faith! II. / How To Know That You Have Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by cescky(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Omooba77:
Sometimes it is very difficult to belief God,please how can I increase my faith in God?

Please google this " faith bible study guide" by Kenneth Hagin .....

Download fro free if U can't get it I can send one to u...

U won't regret it ...most powerful book I've seen after the bible , it will satisfy ur faith hunger
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
aaronson:
No! Increase trust in yourself, study yourself not faith.

I'm please to introduce to you what you should invest your faith in: Science, psychology, Philosophy and History.

Have faith in those subjects and have the benefit of your doubt to further doubt God.

Thanks sir,I have read more than enough those books
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Weah96: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
Omooba77:

Thanks alot sir,but Socrates and those philosophers you believed and read are not waste of time abi. Life is a choice. Choose Life and live. God bless.

I didn't read philosophy but I get the point.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:
This post is like asking "How can I trust my husband? He cheats on me and beats me daily but says he loves me. How can I trust him more?"

Not same anology sir. May the Lord give us understanding in all things. See you in a church today sir!
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by freecocoa(f): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Don't waste your faith on an imaginary being my friend.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jahstech: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2016
Weah96:

God as you know it serves only as a limiting factor. It was designed to waste your time. Stuff happens, bad stuff, to decent human beings. You are trying to seek consolation in an ideology that promotes a you vs. us mentality. I know the love you had for your brother, but he has to live through you now. Don't fold up and accept unguided superstition out of desperation. We all die someday, no one leaves this place alive.

People worship God today as if he is some deities, hence you hear I command you do this and do that, when the major challenge of life comes, all their commanding becomes useless. Am still expecting them to command death.

There are things and factors I think you should know about, you keep making the mistake of painting God in the crude way humans have made you think, I see you raising these points but no reasonable answer is given to your opinion.

You are getting this entire God concept wrong.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by olaasiwaju: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Keeping Praying to increase ur Faith.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by iamord(m): 7:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:
Mr. Seun, the benefit of having Faith in God is that;God is the only Anchor you can hold on to in times of adversity;things may be rough,prayer may be unanswered; but All will be well at the end.
Even way back in the University when I was forming an atheist; I used to think; read much about Relativism;Darwin's law;there was no peace until I returned to the Ancient Landmark set by my parents. There is a verse l heed unto John 16:33 ; when the storm came.
There is a documentary called 'the secret' you need to watch it. It will change your thinking as to how faith works. No.. It's not a religious documentary but applies to every sphere of life
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jahstech: 8:12am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Don't waste your faith on an imaginary being my friend.

We do not view any years in God's service as wasted time. Rather, we are convinced that “the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.” (2 Cor. 4:16-18) Faith allows us to discern “the convincing evidence of realities that are not seen.” (Heb. 11:1) A physical person does not see the precious value of serving God. To such a person, spiritual treasures “are foolishness.” (1 Cor. 2:14). Like the philosophers of Paul’s day who called him an ignorant “chatterer,” most people today think that the hope we preach is sheer nonsense. (Acts 17:18) Since we are surrounded by a faithless world, we must fight to maintain our faith. Supplicate Jehovah that “your faith may not give out.”

Look at the bolded carefully, you were not the first to question if faith in God is ever relevant, you won't be the last. Philosophers and intelligent people have been asking similar question, check that scripture, the Acts 17:18, you would see the class of philosophers then, Google that class and check their history on Wikipedia, then ask yourself if they are still in existence till this day?
The point is, the fact that they didn't accept Christianity in their time didn't stop it from spreading, up till now Christianity still exist, (with the false ones taking the lead, clearly as the bible prophesied) and that class of philosophers is gone, many more has come and gone over the ages but their various views laws and theories doesn't change a thing in the bible.

So quote whatever you wish to quote, bring up your on philosophy, many have done it, but I tell you same word of God being talked about stands till date, it hasn't changed.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Miles300: 8:15am On Jul 03, 2016
Faith comes by hearin the word of God , how then do we develop faith , by holding God to his words / promises concerning a situation we find ourself .. How ? By saying God words to him by confessing his words alys from ur mouth to ur heart .. Now instead of me to say you should be believe rather have a conviction that wat u are proclaiming will come to pass . And u will have wat u say . If it's healing confess God promises concerning healing and proclaim u are healed by his stripes . When u say this things u develop faith and confidence that u will be healed .
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by AminuRano87(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2016
LadyG16:
Faith comes by hearing the word of God.......
The more I hear or read the word of god the more I lose faith in God. Because its contrary to scientific reality.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by freecocoa(f): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2016
jahstech:

We do not view any years in God's service as wasted time. Rather, we are convinced that “the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting.” (2 Cor. 4:16-18) Faith allows us to discern “the convincing evidence of realities that are not seen.” (Heb. 11:1) A physical person does not see the precious value of serving God. To such a person, spiritual treasures “are foolishness.” (1 Cor. 2:14). Like the philosophers of Paul’s day who called him an ignorant “chatterer,” most people today think that the hope we preach is sheer nonsense. (Acts 17:18) Since we are surrounded by a faithless world, we must fight to maintain our faith. Supplicate Jehovah that “your faith may not give out.”

Look at the bolded carefully, you were not the first to question if faith in God is ever relevant, you won't be the last. Philosophers and intelligent people have been asking similar question, check that scripture, the Acts 17:18, you would see the class of philosophers then, Google that class and check their history on Wikipedia, then ask yourself if they are still in existence till this day?
The point is, the fact that they didn't accept Christianity in their time didn't stop it from spreading, up till now Christianity still exist, (with the false ones taking the lead, clearly as the bible prophesied) and that class of philosophers is gone, many more has come and gone over the ages but their various views laws and theories doesn't change a thing in the bible.

So quote whatever you wish to quote, bring up your on philosophy, many have done it, but I tell you same word of God being talked about stands till date, it hasn't changed.
So how does the epistle make your god real? He's just like the tooth fairy o jare and let me advice you, don't waste your energy writing bible passages to me because I don't even read them.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by aftatechbiz(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2016
You can 'Buy' it by 'Patronizing' the Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jahstech: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2016
freecocoa:
So how does the epistle make your god real? He's just like the tooth fairy o jare and let me advice you, don't waste your energy writing bible passages to me because I don't even read them.
I don't have to prove to you that God is real, is a waste of time. Am trying to prove to you that you are not alone in your path of highly learned ones who are too proud to acknowledge him, like you they didn't change a thing as well.
At least be wise enough to study history not the bible, the place I quoted for you talked about Stoicism and Epicureanism, intelligent people like you. And study their claims as well, since we that believed God are the unwise.

History keeps repeating itself.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by joe4christ(m): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:
This post is like asking "How can I trust my husband? He cheats on me and beats me daily but says he loves me. How can I trust him more?"

You see, people cling to God & religion cos that's where they derive comfort from, that's what keeps them going, that's what still gives them hope and a reason to live and not quit yet. So, don't take that from them, these individuals are troubled souls, they need something to take them off reality which tend to be full of uncertainties, insecurities and pain. Religion is their comfort zone, it's probably why they've not committed suicide already, so why would you wanna take that away from them.
Unlike we whom they would generally tag unbelievers, we've overcame all these long time ago, we use rationality to prefer solutions to our problems and not wait for a sky daddy. We accept the realities of life as it is and we face it squarely and confidently with the aim of overcoming the storms. We don't run away from trouble, we actually tend to see hidden opportunities in them. Little winder why freethinkers and atheist are generally successful and happy people.
So, I do feel for these folks, and in this case, I wouldn't wanna take this from them. I hope you get my point. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by yemmit90: 8:34am On Jul 03, 2016
Aside the fact that religion gives hope and peace of minds to the believers, i dont see why anyone should expect any special treatment from God(for being a prayer warrior). People should understand the following;

Every soul shall taste death

You can pray from today until next year, if you dont work for what you want, you will never get what you deserve.

Minds and aspiration are greater and more useful than prayers.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by mecussey(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:
Sometimes it is very difficult to belief God,please how can I increase my faith in God?

Everybody is probably saying what you have a already heard or seen before. To me, to increase your faith is by taking estreem risks and believing that since you have contacted God, it will succeed. When the impossible happens when you had contacted God, your faith will increase drastically.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by donbrowser(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:

When my younger brother died in his sleep; I felt betrayed by God.
I seldom comment on things like this but i want you to look at it this way;
If no one dies
If everyone was rich
If everyone had what he wanted, what will be left of life?
Conclusion: If there was a video of why somethings happened, we would have many reasons to think twice before blaming God.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2016
jahstech:

People worship God today as if he is some deities, hence you hear I command you do this and do that, when the major challenge of life comes, all their commanding becomes useless. Am still expecting them to command death.

There are things and factors I think you should know about, you keep making the mistake of painting God in the crude way humans have made you think, I see you raising these points but no reasonable answer is given to your opinion.

You are getting this entire God concept wrong.

You must have personal relationship with God. Times of your trial will come and your faith will be put to test.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2016
donbrowser:

I seldom comment on things like this but i want you to look at it this way;
If no one dies
If everyone was rich
If everyone had what he wanted, what will be left of life?
Conclusion: If there was a video of why somethings happened, we would have many reasons to think twice before blaming God.

Nice conclusion sir,God bless you real good!
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2016
mecussey:

Everybody is probably saying what you have a already heard or seen before. To me, to increase your faith is by taking estreem risks and believing that since you have contacted God, it will succeed. When the impossible happens when you had contacted God, your faith will increase drastically.

Hmm nice answer. You are blessed sir
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2016
Its too hard to believe in God when you are enlightened. And then there's several gods,Muslims,Hindus , Buddhist etc which is the real thing

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by oluamid(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head right there. When someone is in an hyper abusive relationship with a fellow human they say leave before he kills you. But for God they say he has his ways of doing things and you shouldn't question but rather love him more. Imagine

Religious faith is a farce.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2016
oluamid:

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head right there. When someone is in an hyper abusive relationship with a fellow human they say leave before he kills you. But for God they say he has his ways of doing things and you shouldn't question but rather love him more. Imagine

Religious faith is a farce.

Isaiah 55:5-8
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jayriginal: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2016
sonofthunder:
by increasing in the fullness of God's Spirit

WTF does this even mean?
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jayriginal: 9:49am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

I dunno but you're becoming more active on the religion section.

What gives?
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by ferome: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2016
faith comes by hearing yet it works by believing.jst believe bc nt mata how u struggle with ur believe,God is looking for atom like size or jst a glimpsy kind of believe so that he will now activate and dat is faith.when God act on ur believe
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by mecussey(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2016
Seun:

On the contrary, you could say....My father hits me, does not supply all my needs, does not care about my emotions but how can I can I love him more? I think logic will not cure the religious ignorance so to say. The OP simply needs more facts to believe in God but the funny thing is the facts are not scientifically practical. Sometimes you throw sth up and it comes down and other times you throw it up, it will continue to go up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Pope Francis' Message For World Mission Sunday 2013 / Marriage Course In Catholic Church: Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.