Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

How Can I Have Faith? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Have Faith? (7170 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Even The Atheist Have Faith! II. / How To Know That You Have Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Sirlucky1(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2016
Go and read. THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL. And the faith you desire, you will not only attain it, but you will become gods of your own. Thanks
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Godsson1(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2016
meditate more on the word of God.

listen more to teachings of the word, if you can invest in books it will be okay.

I will like to recommend to you bill Winston, he's presently the foremost teacher of faith.

If you can find time to read the new testaments, it will guide you more.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Pdizzle(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
iamord:
There is a documentary called 'the secret' you need to watch it. It will change your thinking as to how faith works. No.. It's not a religious documentary but applies to every sphere of life
The secret is about laws of attraction, it uses elements of faith too but mostly thoughts.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by wildQuincy(f): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
obumnaeke:
''for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life''

Our faith is hinged and dependent on ACTUALLY BELIEVING Jesus. Just believe His son as sincere as possible.

Take His word as it is, believe it as you see it written in the scriptures.

But you know, the tricky part comes when we think we believe and later discover that we dont truly believe. Pls, make sure that you REALLY believe Him.
I have biblical accounts on how you can receive a miracle without faith! Do you care to know?
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Blackrhino: 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Death comes to all men regardless, the only faith you need is faith in your self, there's reason you're seeking faith in the Christian god, it's because you've started to lose faith in him, at the end of the day , he didn't come through, the simple reason is because he simply isn't there , doesn't give a shit, or is just powerless to do anything, stop believing the folklore of other cultures , see the world through logic and reasoning, Christianity never really explains anything, all they do is tell you to belive in something non existent, because the bible said so, learn about the lives of the scribes that actually wrote the books that became the bible rather than the so called authors that got influenced by god who cammandes them to write it.

Science doesn't claim to know it all, it's still learning and uncovering the way things work it most likely will never fully get there, and its made a whole lot of mistakes in the process, but at least it tries to explain, it tries to make sense and reveal to all how it happened, when it's right it makes perfect sense , it doesn't explain every thing by saying " cos the bible said so" ,

Belief is often the death of reason.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by iamord(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pdizzle:

The secret is about laws of attraction, it uses elements of faith too but mostly thoughts.
seems you have watched it. It applies to our everyday day life. Something alot of people are missing
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by GatJokez(f): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
jahstech:

Good evening bro, is really heart warming to see people like you still exist.

Your situation is quite painful because we all claim to worship God and because we do so to the best of our abilities, we expect God to have our back in return. The problem in this reasoning is the fact that people don't have a clear picture of God's way of doing things, hence many questions if God really exist and if he does why he doesn't care about our pains and concern. Most times this prompt the question "Is God uncaring and hard-hearted?"

To get more insight, I would want you to find the answer to this question: "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

As for your question on faith, from the little I know, if I should replace faith with other words I would instead use CONFIDENCE, TRUST, FIRM PERSUASION.

So in more simple terms, Faith can be defined as the basis for hope and evidence for conviction concerning something you don't see.

For Christians, the entire word of God, the Bible is a basis for Faith. Faith is based on concrete evidence.

No one on earth can deny he has faith, the person who may conderm faith as useless has faith one way or another, he may has faith in friends, scientists do have faith in the principles, he bases his new experiments on past discoveries, the farmer who plants has faith that given the right conditions his crops would blossom.

So in all, genuine and true faith is needed to worship God. (John 3:36, Hebrew 11:6). Faith is not static but grows as one comes to know and love God more (2Thessa 1:3).

It is not strange that people question the reason why one should have faith, funny enough, the bible itself said: "Faith is not the possession of all people" (2Thessa 3:2).

Finally, your Faith moves you to action, hence it is said that Faith without works is dead, (James 2:21-26).

I really like how you explained faith. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by tartar9(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pdizzle:

You can't just believe what it says just because it sounds good...that's its selling point.I still don't believe what the book and documentary claims.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by hopefulLandlord: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
you said he died in his sleep, was an autopsy carried out? if yes, what did it find?
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by oladipo322(m): 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
1. Constant reading of d word of God. 2. Praying for d Holy Spirit to guild ur foot step and hold u unto y faith even in times of tribulations

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by theEYe21(f): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
To have faith is to belief
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by sonofthunder: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
jayriginal:

WTF does this even mean?
there's 'something' called the gift of faith accessible by receiving the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
you said he died in his sleep, was an autopsy carried out? if yes, what did it find?

Everybody was too dazed,even the General Hospital did not do anything. They only released him for burial
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pdizzle:

Postive thinking.But if you dont believe can you think it
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omojolaray(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
God bless you
obumnaeke:
''for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life''

Our faith is hinged and dependent on ACTUALLY BELIEVING Jesus. Just believe His son as sincere as possible.

Take His word as it is, believe it as you see it written in the scriptures.

But you know, the tricky part comes when we think we believe and later discover that we dont truly believe. Pls, make sure that you REALLY believe Him.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by MrPresident1: 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Faith is actually the fear of God, the more the fear of God orders your steps/life, the more faith will continue to grow in you.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by ovodino: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
According to the scripture, Faith is a gift from God. It is not by going to church or by fasting, infact you don't work for it at all. Ephesians 2:8
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by teacherbim(f): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hmmmm faith,some comments here just make me cry
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
AminuRano87:
The more I hear or read the word of god the more I lose faith in God. Because its contrary to scientific reality.
makes d two of us
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Pdizzle(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:

Postive thinking.But if you dont believe can you think it

Yes. Putting something in your mind is about creating an image, then turning it into an habit. Everything is learnt.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Pdizzle(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:

Everybody was too dazed,even the General Hospital did not do anything. They only released him for burial

Being dazed doesn't change the fact that your family you should have requested for an autopsy. He could even have been poisoned.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pdizzle:

Being dazed doesn't change the fact that your family you should have requested for an autopsy. He could even have been poisoned.

My brother if only you understand the circumstance.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by hopefulLandlord: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:

help us understand
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by holyword: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
I know you are not an atheist,one that did not believe God's existence. here,you did not mentioned your religion. it is a sin that you did not believe your Creator and it is satan that is confusing you. if you believe that there is satan,you must believe God exist. call +2348146330762 for more counselling on this.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Pdizzle(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Omooba77:

I'm not crying more than the bereaved bro, i know it's a great pain to loose a beloved one. That notwithstanding, you should at least know the cause, the only situation when you leave such things to natural occurrence is if the autopsy leads nowhere. I know how african parents can be, they will be of the opinion that autopsy won't bring anyone back. There are so many things such thing reveals, such as unrevealed ailment history in the family. You didn't give science a chance, and you had to slot God in the ignorance gap.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pdizzle:

I'm not crying more than the bereaved bro, i know it's a great pain to loose a beloved one. That notwithstanding, you should at least know the cause, the only situation when you leave such things to natural occurrence is if the autopsy leads nowhere. I know how african parents can be, they will be of the opinion that autopsy won't bring anyone back. There are so many things such thing reveals, such as unrevealed ailment history in the family. You didn't give science a chance, and you had to slot God in the ignorance gap.

It was like 3 days later that one of my brothers said and we didnt do autopsy. I told them who can even think straight in that situation.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by shaibu123: 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
By hearing the word of God.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by orunto27: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
You have a Residence and a Job, believe that God has blessed you. That's Faith. If you pray for Advancement, that is Hope. Be always content with these routine. That is Peace.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sirlucky1:
Go and read. THINK AND GROW RICH BY NAPOLEON HILL. And the faith you desire, you will not only attain it, but you will become gods of your own. Thanks

I have read it several times....I be bookworm sir
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
orunto27:
You have a Residence and a Job, believe that God has blessed you. That's Faith. If you pray for Advancement, that is Hope. Be always content with these routine. That is Peace.

Wise counsel
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

help us understand

The grieve and sorrow was overwhelming that thinking was out of order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? / Marriage Course In Catholic Church: Pls Help / Is Bermuda Triangle The Hell Fire They Say I The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.