Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

How Can I Have Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Have Faith? (7161 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Even The Atheist Have Faith! II. / How To Know That You Have Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2016
Sometimes it is very difficult to belief God,please how can I increase my faith in God?
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by LadyG16(f): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Faith comes by hearing the word of God.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by obumnaeke(m): 6:57am On Jun 22, 2016
''for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever BELIEVES in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life''

Our faith is hinged and dependent on ACTUALLY BELIEVING Jesus. Just believe His son as sincere as possible.

Take His word as it is, believe it as you see it written in the scriptures.

But you know, the tricky part comes when we think we believe and later discover that we dont truly believe. Pls, make sure that you REALLY believe Him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by sonofthunder: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2016
by increasing in the fullness of God's Spirit
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2016
Faith is the evidence of things hope for and assurance of things not seen

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Omooba77:
Sometimes it is very difficult to belief God,please how can I increase my faith in God?
By not fighting your battles by your own strength. Start leaving more to His discretion and as you see His work, your faith increases.

The growth of faith is continuous, and you'll always have a new thing that needs faith in God.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Muafrika2:

By not fighting your battles by your own strength. Start leaving more to His discretion and as you see His work, your faith increases.

The growth of faith is continuous, and you'll always have a new thing that needs faith in God.

You are very correct sir. Faith is a continous process and progressive action.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Seun(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Omooba77:
Tell us more about the specific circumstances in which you found it difficult to believe God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by kunmis1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
am coming
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Seun:
Tell us more about the specific circumstances in which you found it difficult to believe God?
When my younger brother died in his sleep; I felt betrayed by God.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Seun(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Omooba77:
That's awful. Sorry about this. sad

Why do you want to increase your faith in God? How do you hope to benefit from that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Seun:

Why do you want to increase your faith in God? How do you hope to benefit from that?
Thanks sir. That was along time ago,he was supposed to be my best man. It was a trying period,my dad just died few years back;you can see the agony of my mum,but thank God she stronger now in faith in God.
Few days later I went for vigil in one of our big parishes,where I was a minister then,I sat at the back,I went because of loneliness, I felt betrayed by God despite our " prayerfulness" as a family. After about an hour,I went to sit at the altar. Afterthe vigil I was charting with the Senior Pastor about what happened,only few people in my office knew what happened then. He was surprised,he said he was wondering why I went to sit at the back. We prayed together and gradually as days went by I recieve new faith and to see God in a new dimension. Today nothing can happen to me that God will not help me to overcome.
I will not lie to you,even on my wedding day,I was not really happy; too shock about my beloved brother,brillant,he had the best result in tertiary institution in my house;his lucrative employment letter came few months after his passing to glory,we never allowed our mum to see because we burnt it; but we overcame and more than victorious now. God is real!

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Omooba77:
Thanks sir. That was along time ago,he was supposed to be my best man. It was a trying period,my dad just died few years back;you can see the agony of my mum,but thank God she stronger now in faith in God.

Death is inevitable, it is never a reason to believe or disbelieve God. Jesus Himself died, so did James, Stephen, and all the early church. If Jesus tarries, we're all going to die, ouch. It's painful in our perspective, but in God's perspective, it's an exit door, for the believer into His literal arms. The sting of death is sin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by ChappyChase: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Seun:

*in shock*
Are you an Atheist!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Faith cometh by HEARING And HEARING the word of God!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Image123:

Death is inevitable, it is never a reason to believe or disbelieve God. Jesus Himself died, so did James, Stephen, and all the early church. If Jesus tarries, we're all going to die, ouch. It's painful in our perspective, but in God's perspective, it's an exit door, for the believer into His literal arms. The sting of death is sin.

You are right, Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mr. Seun, the benefit of having Faith in God is that;God is the only Anchor you can hold on to in times of adversity;things may be rough,prayer may be unanswered; but All will be well at the end.
Even way back in the University when I was forming an atheist; I used to think; read much about Relativism;Darwin's law;there was no peace until I returned to the Ancient Landmark set by my parents. There is a verse l heed unto John 16:33 ; when the storm came.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jahstech: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Omooba77:

Good evening bro, is really heart warming to see people like you still exist.

Your situation is quite painful because we all claim to worship God and because we do so to the best of our abilities, we expect God to have our back in return. The problem in this reasoning is the fact that people don't have a clear picture of God's way of doing things, hence many questions if God really exist and if he does why he doesn't care about our pains and concern. Most times this prompt the question "Is God uncaring and hard-hearted?"

To get more insight, I would want you to find the answer to this question: "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

As for your question on faith, from the little I know, if I should replace faith with other words I would instead use CONFIDENCE, TRUST, FIRM PERSUASION.

So in more simple terms, Faith can be defined as the basis for hope and evidence for conviction concerning something you don't see.

For Christians, the entire word of God, the Bible is a basis for Faith. Faith is based on concrete evidence.

No one on earth can deny he has faith, the person who may conderm faith as useless has faith one way or another, he may has faith in friends, scientists do have faith in the principles, he bases his new experiments on past discoveries, the farmer who plants has faith that given the right conditions his crops would blossom.

So in all, genuine and true faith is needed to worship God. (John 3:36, Hebrew 11:6). Faith is not static but grows as one comes to know and love God more (2Thessa 1:3).

It is not strange that people question the reason why one should have faith, funny enough, the bible itself said: "Faith is not the possession of all people" (2Thessa 3:2).

Finally, your Faith moves you to action, hence it is said that Faith without works is dead, (James 2:21-26).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
jahstech:

Good evening bro, is really heart warming to see people like you still exist.

Your situation is quite painful because we all claim to worship God and because we do so to the best of our abilities, we expect God to have our back in return. The problem in this reasoning is the fact that people don't have a clear picture of God's way of doing things, hence many questions if God really exist and if he does why he doesn't care about our pains and concern. Most times this prompt the question "Is God uncaring and hard-hearted?"

To get more insight, I would want you to find the answer to this question: "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

As for your question on faith, from the little I know, if I should replace faith with other words I would instead use CONFIDENCE, TRUST, FIRM PERSUASION.

So in more simple terms, Faith can be defined as the basis for hope and evidence for conviction concerning something you don't see.

For Christians, the entire word of God, the Bible is a basis for Faith. Faith is based on concrete evidence.

No one on earth can deny he has faith, the person who may conderm faith as useless has faith one way or another, he may has faith in friends, scientists do have faith in the principles, he bases his new experiments on past discoveries, the farmer who plants has faith that given the right conditions his crops would blossom.

So in all, genuine and true faith is needed to worship God. (John 3:36, Hebrew 11:6). Faith is not static but grows as one comes to know and love God more (2Thessa 1:3).

It is not strange that people question the reason why one should have faith, funny enough, the bible itself said: "Faith is not the possession of all people" (2Thessa 3:2).

Finally, your Faith moves you to action, hence it is said that Faith without works is dead, (James 2:21-26).

Thanks bro,I have a book along that line,cant recollect the Author now. You really did little digging deep on Faith. It is heartwarming to share with you sir. Life is vanity only Jesus can fill the vaccum.
Dont be surprise when you start hearing and reading about succide in UK as result of Brexit.
Our pain is a testimony to many if we can only focus on God.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by jahstech: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Omooba77:

Thanks bro,I have a book along that line,cant recollect the Author now. You really did little digging deep on Faith. It is heartwarming to share with you sir. Life is vanity only Jesus can fill the vaccum.
Dont be surprise when you start hearing and reading about succide in UK as result of Brexit.
Thanks bro, the pleasure is mine.

Why I RESPECT and would CONTINUE to respect the BIBLE is the awesome fact that I find every single aspect of life there, nothing you wish to do or say now isn't related to the BIBLE!!! Is really weird and amazing!!!

So if like say you you don't believe in God, no need for Faith, Money is everything, we evolved, the list is endless, but whatever you say/think I would show you what that ancient book who some consider to be useless has to say about the issue/topic.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
jahstech:

Thanks bro, the pleasure is mine.

Why I RESPECT and would CONTINUE to respect the BIBLE is the awesome fact that I find every single aspect of life there, nothing you wish to do or say now isn't related to the BIBLE!!! Is really weird and amazing!!!

So if like say you you don't believe in God, no need for Faith, Money is everything, we evolved, the list is endless, but whatever you say/think I would show you what that ancient book who some consider to be useless has to say about the issue/topic.

Thanks.

The Bible is the real Word of God. God will always make away;those days I search the scriptures,I discovered the many so called great men and women had more challenges,even than breakthrough,but God saw them through,all these really encouraged me and still does now

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Busayorafael(m): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2016
Read the below. It is from a book by Dan Brown. The title is Angels and Demons.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by orunto27: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
Follow your Heart. Seeing is Believing. The unseen is borne out of Thinking and out of Messages being delivered. Reason well on them and believe in their outcome too. Faith is Believe. Abraham is Faith. Christ is TheFaith that we all must believe in. For God so love the world that He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, that we should have Faith in Him to enable us make Heaven.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Omooba77:

so true sir, its happening in nigeria already, this is the best time to remain focus on GOD so that one won't experience what the US had during their depression period.... JESUS is the WAY

1 Like

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
polymathic:
so true sir, its happening in nigeria already, this is the best time to remain focus on GOD so that one won't experience what the US had during their depression period.... JESUS is the WAY

Matthew 24:13 is already being fulfilled
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Seun(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
This post is like asking "How can I trust my husband? He cheats on me and beats me daily but says he loves me. How can I trust him more?"

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Weah96: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2016
Omooba77:

God as you know it serves only as a limiting factor. It was designed to waste your time. Stuff happens, bad stuff, to decent human beings. You are trying to seek consolation in an ideology that promotes a you vs. us mentality. I know the love you had for your brother, but he has to live through you now. Don't fold up and accept unguided superstition out of desperation. We all die someday, no one leaves this place alive.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Omooba77: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2016
Weah96:

God as you know it serves only as a limiting factor. It was designed to waste your time. Stuff happens, bad stuff, to decent human beings. You are trying to seek consolation in an ideology that promotes a you vs. us mentality. I know the love you had for your brother, but he has to live through you now. Don't fold up and accept unguided superstition out of desperation. We all die someday, no one leaves this place alive.

Thanks alot sir,but Socrates and those philosophers you believed and read are not waste of time abi. Life is a choice. Choose Life and live. God bless.
Re: How Can I Have Faith? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2016
Omooba77:
No! Increase trust in yourself, study yourself not faith.

I'm please to introduce to you what you should invest your faith in: Science, psychology, Philosophy and History.

Have faith in those subjects and have the benefit of your doubt to further doubt God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church? / Pastor Adeboye - Let Your Little Light Shine / 9 Ways To Watch The RCCG Annual Convention 2013 Live From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.