Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? (30387 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by horlakunle25(m): 7:44am On Jun 23, 2016
amzee:
Abeg na who get Siemens charger for here?
na siemens C20 charger I get here....which type of siemens u dey use
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:45am On Jun 23, 2016
Dear OP, your points are well taken. But there seem things you don't understand.

1. I blame car owners for splashing water on anybody. A car driver MUST always be aware of pedestrians in all situations. In the movie Mission Impossible 4, Tom Cruise is zapping along a congested Indian town in a Hi Tech BMW car pursuing a thief. The car even STOPS by itself because of to many pedestrians detected on the road.

2. However:
When one buys a brand new car of say, N3,000,000, One is obliged by law to take out comprehensive insurance on the car of about 1/10th the value of the car. Ie N300,000 paid AGAIN to another Nobody for the sake of fulfilling he law. This is in case the car scatters to dust in a accident. However most times, nothing deadly happens to the car. But your fried and people like him come along and scratch the paint work of the car by laying your body with your watch or phone or keys or whatever on the car. In due time the car is covered with scratches. That N300,000 insurance will not cover repainting the car. The owner has to spend another money on paint to cover up the scratches. Where will your friend be when the owner is looking for money? Oyibos don't even touch other people's cars except they want to steal it.

3. Chasing ladies? Well the ladies will rather enter the car than public transport. Ask them.

4. Offer people lift. I used to offer lift to damn strangers before. You know what happened? They broke the inner door handles of the car carelessly. They always carried sand in their shoes and spread all over the seat and carpet of the car. I had to buy another set of door handles again @ N1500 Each. and I had to sweep and vacuum my car again at my time and expense. All the strangers left me to do it myself. Others went so far as to drink lacaserra or Fanta and throw the bottle INSIDE my car. For me to pick, abi?

5. Anything in skirt. Well, I am already married. I'm not looking for anything again. But filling up your car with SWEAT SMELLING guys with armpit and muscles versus filling up your car with PERFUME SMELLING women, girls or mothers. Hmm E dey somehow. Choose by yourself how you want your car to smell. Plus once Lastma, VIO, Road safety see you from a distance coming with your car full of "gay" looking combo, Una go park O.

6. Okada and misdeeds. Hmm. Every Car has 3mirrors. 1 inside, 2 outside and drivers use the mirrors. Okada man, Una get mirror? Do you use it before turning left or right? Do you even indicate (or trafficate? ). Your sudden unpredictable turns on the road irritates most car owners. And in truth Cars and Bikes were never designed to be on the same road at the same time.

7. Filling station. ONLY car owners queue at filling stations and wait their turn. Okadas and Keg people jump the queue, argue and fight. PLUS confuse the attendant more and more. The car owners are neglected. I have seen stations where they solved the problem by giving keg and motorcycle owners another separate pump.

8. Duress to wash car? Hmm. It is bad and inexcusable. To avoid it, simply dress up yourself corporately in CLEAN SPARKING IRONED clothes. LOOK BETTER THAN OGA HIMSELF. Speak proper English. Behave properly. Fight fire with wire. Oga cannot see you looking like him or better and ask you to wash his car. HE WILL BEND.

9. Snubbish friends.Hmm. well, guy dey fear Lastma, sand and car maintenance. That's all. He is looking for babe. Your presence in the car will make you guys look like kidnappers. Babe will not enter a car with 2 or more guys.

10. Reference to car.,,
As an experiment, enter public transport and say those same words but .make reference to:
- Your SSCE Certificate
- Your Jamb score
- Your father's name
- Your School
- Your village.
-. Your Car.

See which option will make people respect you more.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Rapmoney(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Seriously, you write outstandingly, tosyne2much! Kudos for this write-up...you made my morning! cheesy
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by bleskid: 7:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Is true bros.....
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2016
nonjebose:
Repetition of points and poor grammar
Thanks professor cool
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by fashrola(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2016
They like flaunting their Car keys (Especially the one with with remote) grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by toprealman: 8:00am On Jun 23, 2016
You do 3 and 5 just to avoid committing the sin of 4 yet they say you no try and even remind you of sin 2. You stick to policy 4 to avoid being led into the temptations of 3 and 5, yet they say you are guilty of sin 2......haba. Na to buy helicopter be the answer?
This world sef.....it haf do abeg.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by PigMeat: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:
Guy pls stick to ur 10 shitz on romance section. Most of us come to this section to get vital info about our cars not to read some stupid bullshitz..
u dont sound like someone that own a car, Mr.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Coldfeets: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Hey Mister Tosyne, I hope you bought the full licence rights to use that Shutterstock image, huh?

I could cause a lot of problems for you and your blog if I dare find out you didn't

If you think I'm joking, then you better go and ask Lynda how the thing be for am dat time grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Kobicove(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
I have a big issue with point number 4...It's not obligatory to offer people a lift in your car.

I personall know two people who lost property to people they offer lifts to...

...another thing, OP it appears you roll with people who have inferiority complex and low self esteem

2 Likes

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Tosyno51(m): 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Is it your CAR

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Dude, you didn't make any sense. Tho, I see cars as redundant in some situations but that's not to say people who own it must obey some rules to please other. Why would I give you a lift if I don't know you? I will not advise anyone to lift people they don't know. What's your concern if a man decides to lift only women?? It's their life buddy. Person snatch your babe??
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
Seriously, you write outstandingly, tosyne2much! Kudos for this write-up...you made my morning! cheesy
Thanks jawe Rapmoney grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Coldfeets:
Hey Mister Tosyne, I hope you bought the full licence rights to use that Shutterstock image, huh?

I could cause a lot of problems for you and your blog if I dare find out you didn't

If you think I'm joking, then you better go and ask Lynda how the thing be for am dat time grin
I didn't use licence ryt oooo bro grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by amzee(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2016
horlakunle25:
na siemens C20 charger I get here....which type of siemens u dey use
Dis one ma go do.
Give Lalasticlala d charger make he come gv me.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 8:30am On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
yeah the one that gets me is the ones who will always have their car keys and mobile phones in their hand so you can see it. dont you have a pocket ?

as soon as they sit down they put the phone and car keys on the table. i hate that shyttt

You know what the key does to your ass when you are sitting on it?
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tdayof(m): 8:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Bullllshiiiiit.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by fmikecok(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2016
At night some will beam their head light into your eyes and they won't beam down......I'm like "do they want to roast cow?"
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 23, 2016
confistified:
@ ur no 7 sir, Are u saying a car owner should be made to wait for kegs?
At a gas station they should serve people according to who came first not who brought a car and who came on foot, after all we did not cause the blackout.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by telemapreye1(f): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2016
lirusehn:
this idiot they inside keke maruwa dey post sh*tz undecided
Recieve sense pls
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2016
This the comments people are dropping on this post have given me the impression that most Nigerians have this same mentality that only poor people don't own a car, this society is really messed up in the head .
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Amhappy(f): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2016
My own is not observing traffic rules. It's so disgusting that some people feel so proud to observe traffic rules just because they are driving a car. There are other road users including fellow drivers that you can harm if you don't control your rough driving.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by crazymommy(f): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2016
all these kids will just post some clueless articles just to make front page....anyways like someone said there is no inspirational thread so threads like this will be on the front page...nairaland is where I will see someone that Do not eat rice telling someone that sells rice the annoying thing they do when they sell rice to people,what else where u expecting the person that does not eat rice to say?? @op most of your points are dumb especially number 4,haven't you heard about how many people got into trouble for giving a lift especially here in Lagos??even though I give people lift once in a while that does not mean I should blame those who don't bevause honestly it is risky giving lift these days.......if you surround yourself with people with poverty mentality does not mean most car owners are the same...Pray to GOD to bless you and come back to read your write up...

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by ayos1: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Pls, for Processing of ur travelling documents and Supply of diesel call OR Whatssap Mr Emmanuel On.08033944155.Thanks
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by sukkot: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

You know what the key does to your ass when you are sitting on it?
front pocket or side pocket
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by vislabraye(m): 9:30am On Jun 23, 2016
aaronson:
I don't own a car but to be honest, there is nothing disgusting in this compilation. Only thing close to disgusting is intentionally splashing water on people which I know its unintentional most of the time. Others are just perks for owning a car, If you pained then about time you get you own car and see if you wouldn't do same.

Na so nah.

Truth is I've met a couple of babes while driving wink . You can't fault me on that.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by BABATEE251(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
honestly you're absolute right,,, all this one does not freak me because I believe I must buy it by fire by force very soon not to impress people but for my own needs,moreover car owners often flash their car keys anyway they go so people can know they have car ,is it a crime to put your car key in pocket,Nigeria mentality has tired me,at the end of the day just try to trace the car is Toyota Camry ,pencil light or big daddy that does not even pass 1.5m,,,,,,,,all of us here in NL going to buy it soonhonestly you're absolute right,,, all this one does not freak me because I believe I must buy it by fire by force very soon not to impress people but for my own needs,moreover car owners often flash their car keys anyway they go so people can know they have car ,is it a crime to put your car key in pocket,Nigeria mentality has tired me,at the end of the day just try to trace the car is Toyota Camry ,pencil light or big daddy that does not even pass 1.5m,,,,,,,,all of us here in NL going to buy it soonhonestly you're absolute right,,, all this one does not freak me because I believe I must buy it by fire by force very soon not to impress people but for my own needs,moreover car owners often flash their car keys anyway they go so people can know they have car ,is it a crime to put your car key in pocket,Nigeria mentality has tired me,at the end of the day just try to trace the car is Toyota Camry ,pencil light or big daddy that does not even pass 1.5m,,,,,,,,all of us here in NL going to buy it soon
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by lirusehn(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
telemapreye1:
Recieve sense pls

i'll be very glad if you can ignore my post next time. Thanks in anticipation undecided
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by pode(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Sport on but I disagreed wit number 4
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by youngmann: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:
1. they adjust their side mirror every 5 mins

2. they take their car to car wash everyday

3. they horn unnecessarily

4. take their car to go to market to buy indomie

5. they warm up their car every one hours

6. u can add urs too!
what is this one saying? Can someone interpret please ?
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tayo200(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2016
hmmmm
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by marv1: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
May be u are guilty of one of them.
jmichlins:
Buy your own car and show off the way you want. In the absence of inspiring threads this is what makes front page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors / See The Audi Q3 Sportback 2020 Which Offers More Style In Less Space / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.