Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? (30385 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by confistified(m): 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
blueseacats:
At a gas station they should serve people according to who came first not who brought a car and who came on foot, after all we did not cause the blackout.
lols sir do u know dat selling fuel to kegs is illegal sef some filling stations dnt even sell to kegs
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2016
I was expectig that number one even before i opened the thread.. im guilty of that number one sha..

Let me add number11
Most car owners curse and abuse people while driving especially the danfo drivers.. and they always believe they are right even after driving recklessly..

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by poweredcom(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
No 1 - was done to me days go na so d car splash me waater on a rainy day kai

For naaijaa if u get ride u go f..'k many babaes ehnn
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by marv1: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2016
This reminds of when my friend just bought a tokunbo car some years back. He pleaded with me to accompany him to a night party as against my wish because i dont go to parties. On our way back at sabo junction in lagos another car just kissed his rear bumper. My friend who was already drunk came out of the car with koboko, shouting and threatening as if he was going to flog the man that hit his car. I just came out of the car checked the bumper for any impact but there was none. I went to my guy who was still raking on top of his voice to enter the car and let us leave the place since there was no impact on his car. Meanwhile people were already gathering to know what the problem was. As soon as i finished pleading with him. He went to the back of his car and started hitting the body and said, 'this is my car and i know how much i bought it. This is my car' repeatedly. I just stepped backwards in amazement and dumfounded. When my friend sighted the sabo policemen coming towards him because their truck was held in the traffic, his drama had generated, they asked him what the matter was and he quickly pointed to me that i was the cause of the whole thing. I was disappointed to hear that coming from his mouth. I was not also surprised because that was his state of mind. The police seing the way he talked to them knew that my guy was tipsy. They asked him to forget everything and go home. We entered the car, he started the car but the car wouldnt start. I had to settle some boys to give us a push to the side, off the road in order to ease off the long traffic we had caused. To be continued.......
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by thesicilian: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Themandator:

People with g-wagon and Range having neighbours without even camry. Well na so
such is life
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by thesicilian: 11:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Gudfrie:

Guy if G wagon or Range rover stop for bustop to carry passenger, people no go enter ooo

Hahaha. If its someone you know u'll enter now. Even if u don't know them self, there are times you really have no choice
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by shevi4mb(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2016
NUMBER 6 is so so so true... grin grin grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
front pocket or side pocket

Dear nobody really likes anything in their pockets when they sit down on any seat, church. office, house car. It is very uncomfortable.

Well, own a car yourself then you will begin to decide where to put the keys whenever you go about. People don't do these to brag. Most times it is for convenience.

If I ask you now, I'm sure you have 2 phones in your pocket. The western world that made the phones for us, They may have 5 phones each. But one sim card. The remaining 4 phones will be inside a cupboard at home, whist they move about with only 1 phone.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by lepasharon(f): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
A 16 year old can own a car in the UK. No biggie. Losers in africa stunting with cars undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by sukkot: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Dear nobody really likes anything in their pockets when they sit down on any seat, church. office, house car. It is very uncomfortable.

Well, own a car yourself then you will begin to decide where to put the keys whenever you go about. People don't do these to brag. Most times it is for convenience.

If I ask you now, I'm sure you have 2 phones in your pocket. The western world that made the phones for us, They may have 5 phones each. But one sim card. The remaining 4 phones will be inside a cupboard at home, whist they move about with only 1 phone.
thats a nigerian thing and I was shocked when I watched a nigerian movie and saw nigerians holding several mobile phones. it is called poverty mentality. out here in the west people only have 1 mobile phone at a time. if that one spoils then they go buy another one. i have never met anyone in the west who owned two phones at one time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by fairheven: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
tuning their car stereo to the highest heaven and turning themselves to "DJ JIMMY JATT"
untop pothole-ridden roads undecided
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
thats a nigerian thing and I was shocked when I watched a nigerian movie and saw nigerians holding several mobile phones. it is called poverty mentality. out here in the west people only have 1 mobile phone at a time. if that one spoils then they go buy another one. i have never met anyone in the west who owned two phones at one time.
Bro, that's the society we find ourselves
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by IRserveMyComent(f): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
11. Noisely flaunting the keys everywhere. But most times it is not done deliberately.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
confistified:
lols sir do u know dat selling fuel to kegs is illegal sef some filling stations dont even sell to kegs
Yea, my brother, is that not funny how only the cripple likes run? All the countries I have been to where electric energy is on 365 days a year, yet buying fuel in gallons is completely legal and they don't serve anyone with car before the guy on foot.

It's really amazing that Nigerian government have put kegs in our hands yet discriminate against those carrying kegs. I met a man last week who told me he lived in kaduna with his dad for one year, when he was 16, by my calculation this man is now in his 50s, to prove that he actually came to Nigeria, he told me how we loved Peugeot cars then and he also told me he knew about NEPA, which mean "No Electric Power Always" could not bring myself to tell him that it's still that way till today.

We the people of Nigeria should stop accepting laws made by our government due to their inadequacies
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by sukkot: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, that's the society we find ourselves
yeah its all about showing off and flossing. in this age of internet technology where every piece of information is just a click away you will think these people will occupy their time with trying to build solar panels ( which all this info is on youtube ) or a million other innovations and skills you can learn on youtube. but these people with primitive brains are still concerned with showing off to other people and materialism. primitive minds in an advanced era. i have told myself when i return to naija I am living a solitary life because I just cant be bothered with trying to keep up with the joneses and I dont want one idiot asking me stupid questions like why i have being wearing the same shoe for 3 months straight. cuz thats the kinda nigga I am. I may have 10 or 20 shoes but I will just wear that my favorite sneakers for a whole year straight without changing shoes. then these primitive minded buffoons will start saying ' does he have only one shoe ' ? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
lepasharon:
A 16 year old can own a car in the UK. No biggie. Losers in africa stunting with cars undecided
Pls tell them o

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:

I was in UK once. They have a regulatory body OFCOM that makes sure the networks don't compete too much and confuse the customers with a wide range of offers. So it was possible to buy just one SIM and be sure that you are not missing out on other offers from other networks.

I'm not aware of a similar regulatory body in Nigeria. So the networks compete wildly and offer a very wide range of offers. Customers are not confident with any one network. They just feel to buy all the SIM cards of all the networks as the best solution. Hence the multiple phones.

People behave according to convenience. Same behaviour with car owners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Cityguy: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
jmichlins:
Buy your own car and show off the way you want. In the absence of inspiring threads this is what makes front page
Walahi. You nailed it. Bad Belle plenty for this our obodo contiri. When the get hin own car now, all these points wey dey up there no got even ring te littlest of bells for hin mind at all. grin grin[/sup][sup]
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Cityguy: 1:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
Abeg for hia, na network dey cause that one mostly. Sometimes you'll be calling your own line which is on and they will tell you it's not available or switched off. So how man wan take survive?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by confistified(m): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
blueseacats:
Yea, my brother, is that not funny how only the cripple likes run? All the countries I have been to where electric energy is on 365 days a year, yet buying fuel in gallons is completely legal and they don't serve anyone with car before the guy on foot.

It's really amazing that Nigerian government have put kegs in our hands yet discriminate against those carrying kegs. I met a man last week who told me he lived in kaduna with his dad for one year, when he was 16, by my calculation this man is now in his 50s, to prove that he actually came to Nigeria, he told me how we loved Peugeot cars then and he also told me he knew about NEPA, which mean "No Electric Power Always" could not bring myself to tell him that it's still that way till today.

We the people of Nigeria should stop accepting laws made by our government due to their inadequacies
E go better bro..... Nigeria would be better
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
lepasharon:

In the UK, one can buy a car from like £1000. For other better cars in the £10,000 and above range, I know of no British man who has the completed cash in his account to buy cash down. What they always do is payment plan or monthly payments. Small-small till the amount is complete.

Nigerians always buy CASH DOWN complete. It is not an easy feat.

In UK, petrol is like £1.20 per litter. Check out exchange rate. It is not beans for them. In NigEria, out petrol at N145 is not up to £1.

UK, car insurance is paid MONTHLY. £100 - £200 per month. YOU CANNOT DODGE. THEY WILL FIND YOU AND ARREST YOU.

Nigeria, car insurance is paid annually (you can even dodge it)

In UK vehicle licence is a must. You must pay it -£100 - £200 per annum. You can't Dodge. they know your house.

Nigeria, well Vehicle licence is N1400. Also a must.

In UK, after the 16year old buys a car, he will be a debtor for the rest of his life. Bank account £0 every month end or Negative. Credit card bill sucking you more.

In Nigeria, you are always a saver. Any how e bad reach something will always be in your account.

UK is very depressing and boring. When white man can't pay his debt he flees to Australia to form big boy. They are always in debt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by horlakunle25(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
amzee:

Dis one ma go do.
Give Lalasticlala d charger make he come gv me.
make I give lalasticlala abi...u try no be small!!
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by vanhayor(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sister tosin u jst dey beef Datz all
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
yeah its all about showing off and flossing. in this age of internet technology where every piece of information is just a click away you will think these people will occupy their time with trying to build solar panels ( which all this info is on youtube ) or a million other innovations and skills you can learn on youtube. but these people with primitive brains are still concerned with showing off to other people and materialism. primitive minds in an advanced era. i have told myself when i return to naija I am living a solitary life because I just cant be bothered with trying to keep up with the joneses and I dont want one idiot asking me stupid questions like why i have being wearing the same shoe for 3 months straight. cuz thats the kinda nigga I am. I may have 10 or 20 shoes but I will just wear that my favorite sneakers for a whole year straight without changing shoes. then these primitive minded buffoons will start saying ' does he have only one shoe ' ? grin grin

Uncle you are jumping into hot water. You shall be frustrated. In US or UK or wherever you are, there is something called infrastructure. It is there 24/7. Built and paid for by tax payers money. So you guys can all pull the stunt if 1-shoe runs. Nobody will notice. Cos they're all taking photos of Eiffel tower and London bridge.

In Nigeria, there is NO infrastructure. The moment you are seen by anybody, they size you from head to toe. Tomorrow, if it same cloth, they start praying for you. Next week, if E continue, your case will be handed over to Pastor.

The roads are dusty and muddy. Your 1 shoe will wear out quickly. If you do your solo house runs, the entrance of the house will not have good roads. You must pass it and bear the wear and tear it will do to your car, shoes and clothes.
Unless your are prepared to BUILD yourself a ROAD as well as your complete house.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by kenoz(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
undecided kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Abudu2000(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
op if u think its easy buy ur own first, you think say to count 7digits buy car na just for the body of the car alone, there is a reason an iPhone is more expensive, okay
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Safemode(m): 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
jmichlins:
Buy your own car and show off the way you want. In the absence of inspiring threads this is what makes front page
the op is right. some nigerian car owners are just jjc
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Emeka71(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
@tosyne2much ; you get okada ? grin cheesy grin cheesy I was even a victim of number 8; sometimes the man will even ask me to go to his house and wash his car.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by sukkot: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Uncle you are jumping into hot water. You shall be frustrated. In US or UK or wherever you are, there is something called infrastructure. It is there 24/7. Built and paid for by tax payers money. So you guys can all pull the stunt if 1-shoe runs. Nobody will notice. Cos they're all taking photos of Eiffel tower and London bridge.

In Nigeria, there is NO infrastructure. The moment you are seen by anybody, they size you from head to toe. Tomorrow, if it same cloth, they start praying for you. Next week, if E continue, your case will be handed over to Pastor.

The roads are dusty and muddy. Your 1 shoe will wear out quickly. If you do your solo house runs, the entrance of the house will not have good roads. You must pass it and bear the wear and tear it will do to your car, shoes and clothes.
Unless your are prepared to BUILD yourself a ROAD as well as your complete house.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
princemillla:
Am guilty of that part with skirt tho embarassed I used to be a nice guy with my former vehicle not until one day a guy begged me to pick him from ikeja to egbeda in lagos. On our way I dropped by to deliver something in dopemu. When I got back to my car, this guy vomit all sort inside the car and funny thing he didn't tell me. He was drunk and I noticed he was just dancing. Next morning I saw the trash I was so disappointed. And since then I stopped giving male ride except the men in uniform and some cooperate looking male.

Hope there is justification for my addict to the " skirt picking"
It's not a justification bro grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Emeka71:
@tosyn.e2much ; you get okada ? grin cheesy grin cheesy I was even a victim of number 8; sometimes the man will even ask me to go to his house and wash his car.
I be okada rider me grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by godchildjayboy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice write up. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Audi Q3 Sportback 2020 Which Offers More Style In Less Space / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Can 2.5M Buy You A Decent Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.