Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? (30389 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by lepasharon(f): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

In the UK, one can buy a car from like £1000. For other better cars in the £10,000 and above range, I know of no British man who has the completed cash in his account to buy cash down. What they always do is payment plan or monthly payments. Small-small till the amount is complete.

Nigerians always buy CASH DOWN complete. It is not an easy feat.

In UK, petrol is like £1.20 per litter. Check out exchange rate. It is not beans for them. In NigEria, out petrol at N145 is not up to £1.

UK, car insurance is paid MONTHLY. £100 - £200 per month. YOU CANNOT DODGE. THEY WILL FIND YOU AND ARREST YOU.

Nigeria, car insurance is paid annually (you can even dodge it)

In UK vehicle licence is a must. You must pay it -£100 - £200 per annum. You can't Dodge. they know your house.

Nigeria, well Vehicle licence is N1400. Also a must.

In UK, after the 16year old buys a car, he will be a debtor for the rest of his life. Bank account £0 every month end or Negative. Credit card bill sucking you more.

In Nigeria, you are always a saver. Any how e bad reach something will always be in your account.

UK is very depressing and boring. When white man can't pay his debt he flees to Australia to form big boy. They are always in debt.

Actually you can get a car for £500.
Yes because Nigeria is a cash economy so you lot pay straight up plus no taxes. Taxes suck ppl dry in the UK, the government wants their cut.Bills here and there, ppl have less spending money.
Driving licence isnt paid annually but renewed every 10 years.

Lol who says the 16 year old will be a debtor? A 16 year can get a job in the UK and pay off bills unlike Nigeria where you lot don't get a job until your 20s tongue
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by tosyne2much(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
Puresolutions:
@tosyne2much as ur name implies ur too much.This is good Nice write up bra... Kudos !!!
Oga mi, thank you so much cool
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 24, 2016
sukkot:
thats a nigerian thing and I was shocked when I watched a nigerian movie and saw nigerians holding several mobile phones. it is called poverty mentality. out here in the west people only have 1 mobile phone at a time. if that one spoils then they go buy another one. i have never met anyone in the west who owned two phones at one time.

No, it's a network thing. Our networks are so effing unreliable that no one can take chances. Simple Glo data, in my home works reasonably well upstairs. Go down stairs and it goes to sheet.

Marina Lagos is an Etisalat dead zone( at least it was 2 years ago)

some years back, I was at oshodi with a laptop, and some policebiatch was harassing me. Dragged me to their station, was giving me statement to write. No mtn network . The saving grace was that my brother was with me and he had a Starcomms phone which had network. We made the calls to the necesssary people and watched the Biatch grovel on the phone.

I was in an accident in ore some years back too. Two phones. Etisalat and mtn. No Etisalat network and this was after 5pm. Mtn came through.

You cannot go around naija with only one phone. It's practically suicide.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by sukkot: 9:07am On Jun 24, 2016
oyb:

No, it's a network thing. Our networks are so effing unreliable that no one can take chances. Simple Glo data, in my home works reasonably well upstairs. Go down stairs and it goes to sheet.

Marina Lagos is an Etisalat dead zone( at least it was 2 years ago)

some years back, I was at oshodi with a laptop, and some policebiatch was harassing me. Dragged me to their station, was giving me statement to write. No mtn network . The saving grace was that my brother was with me and he had a Starcomms phone which had network. We made the calls to the necesssary people and watched the Biatch grovel on the phone.

I was in an accident in ore some years back too. Two phones. Etisalat and mtn. No Etisalat network and this was after 5pm. Mtn came through.

You cannot go around naija with only one phone. It's practically suicide.
and this would be the perfect explanation. I stand corrected. In my ignorance I thought they were doing it so as to show off that I have several mobile phones. Yeah that network situation need to be rectified in naija. We will get their eventually with the iron fist of baba daura lolzzz grin
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Volcanicgirl(f): 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nyc one op
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by CyrilWhyte(m): 8:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
jmichlins:
Buy your own car and show off the way you want. In the absence of inspiring threads this is what makes front page
quite the obvious... How would u expect them to learn to be civil?
Guess it will take a thousand years for Nigerians to get to the same level as the western world. embarassed
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2016
amzee:

Dis one ma go do.
Give Lalasticl.ala d charger make he come gv me.
did you get my mention? cry
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 26, 2016
lepasharon:

Actually you can get a car for £500.
Yes because Nigeria is a cash economy so you lot pay straight up plus no taxes. Taxes suck ppl dry in the UK, the government wants their cut.Bills here and there, ppl have less spending money.
Driving licence isnt paid annually but renewed every 10 years.

Lol who says the 16 year old will be a debtor? A 16 year can get a job in the UK and pay off bills unlike Nigeria where you lot don't get a job until your 20s tongue
You guys are lucky in the UK. Here in California, I have to renew my drivers license every 5 years.
Vehicle registration fee is a $100 annual fee. And vehicles must pass a SMOG test in order to be deemed road-worthy every 2 years.
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by kingsley1971: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2017
I have 3 cars yet I take time to walk around, I take public transport and I allow my younger ones to use these cars, I have never in my life cherished a car because there are always new ones today and still coming,,,maybe its because of my nature, always wanting to be a helping hand,,a lady who was driving very fast got my tail at a stop and turn section of the road, my bumper was badly scratched, what I did was to stop the car, checked to discover it could be fixed with out changing it, I didn't say a word and drove off, keke napep will still put their own scratches with out you knowing. lol some people are wicked shaaaaa....becus of moto lol.....
Re: 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? by Tunex90: 9:39am On May 13, 2018
@op it's obvious you don't have a car, if you own yours, you can start picking up people right from your gate to your destination like a taxi, stupid fellow, buy your own and see how easy it is, don't you know you have to be careful whom you give lift these days, and BTW anyone is free to do whatever he like, that's it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Audi Q3 Sportback 2020 Which Offers More Style In Less Space / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Picture Of A $1.3m Bugatti Veyron In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.