Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5401090 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nolla: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hi fruitful ladies. Hope u r all doin great?
To d new moms: welcum on board n wishin u all ur heart desires.
Our expectin moms, God will grant u good health n keep u n d little angel(s) safe from all harms.
Gen.B, the lord is u strength, he shall cover DW n ur little angel with his feathers n under is protection shall ur family abide. He will turn ur worries into testimonies. Just hold firm to him n he will not disappoint. It is well.
Still writin exams will b done next wk to give update. Make I go chop book.
Pourin u all lots n lots of baby dust.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Seambell,where are u now?!!! Udoka has given u time up since naa!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Beetle and Nolla
Thanks for the supportive words and prayers.

Update : The situation has gotten progressively more worrying, my wife appears to be getting regular contractions and is bleeding heavily.

Scan showed baby still alive but my wife's water has not broken yet.

Doctors say there is no hope now but we are still hopeful for a miracle whilst the water and baby are still intact.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
water has just broken cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chidima: 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
@kemidebbie, its well. @hebrew woman, my doc induces d period and allows it to respond on its own d next mth. When dat happens, he puts me on only clomid. Howeva, dn't thk i wl take it dis time around. Its makes me really dry. And makes love making so painful. Do u knw what i can do abt dat? And u, is it only clomid u take. @genbuhari, we are stil praying. God is stil in control.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
GenBuhari: water has just broken cry
Hmmm...It's well n d Lord is ur strength.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
cryMy Prayers are with you and your family, I pray that God see you through this difficult times.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
chidima: @kemidebbie, its well. @hebrew woman, my doc induces d period and allows it to respond on its own d next mth. When dat happens, he puts me on only clomid. Howeva, dn't thk i wl take it dis time around. Its makes me really dry. And makes love making so painful. Do u knw what i can do abt dat? And u, is it only clomid u take. @genbuhari, we are stil praying. God is stil in control.
If you are super dry with clomid,you might want to try fertility friendly lubricant like PreSeed.You can also talk to your doctor to place you on Tamoxifin an alternative to clomid which can also help to induce ovulation or try more aggressive means by using injectibles. There are others natural once like Soy Isoflavin, Vitex etc,but discuss with your doctor before using any of this drugs.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 11:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Beetle: hi Ladies,

I haven't posted in a while as i have been really depressed not clinical o (May God forbid this) just been down. we had our 6th ICSI tx and it was negative. So been down but we thank God for his mercies. I know I'm going to carry a child before the end of this year IA.

Anyways will read back when I get back.

MSTIA, your LH level is hugher than your FSH. Oestradiol level is good too need to be less than 100 at that stage. Progesterone is good too as you havent ovulated.

The rest of the ladies howdy? Hope you're doing good. 6 year wedding anniversary and I feel there is nothing to celebrate but we're still in July and it is well.

Need to go food shopping. will catch up with y'll later.

In between Gen Buhari, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Sorry about that sweetie. 6 ICSI and 6yr wedding anniversary shocked and I am here complaining after a yr,I guess i would have lost my sanity by now. The good Lord is your strength, I wish you a speedy BFP.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 4:26am On Jul 09, 2012
@Beetle, am so sry but watevr u do make sure that u do not gve up. I cant even imagine how much the ICSI must hve cost but am sure that once you have ur LO all that wuld be forgotten. Keep praying and believeing God cos thrs nuttin he cannot do. Baby dust to u.

@Chidima, my Dr put me on Metformin for my PCOS and i've been on that since May of last year. I too have to induce my period cos it wnt cme on its own but i started taking Fertilaid last month and dis month my period jst showed on its own. I'd suggest asking your Dr abt putting you on Metformin and then you might want to try Fertilaid. With fertilaid my period shows on its own and i ovulate on jst fertilaid as well, which is a big challenge if u have PCOS, so gve it a try if u havnt already. Am not a big fan of clomid actually, i dont take it and i dont intend to take it either but it seems to work for sme pple but not jst right for me. Clomid is toinduce ovulation and fertilaid does dat for me, so i really dnt need it. But like Champs mentioned Preseed lubricant is gud if your dry, Drs recommend it too.

@Genbuhari, its is well with you my brother, GOD will def see you and ur family thru dis. Now that d water brokem wat do the DRs want to to about it?

@Seanbell, we are waiting for d good news ooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chidima: 5:00am On Jul 09, 2012
@thanks hebrew woman and champs. Am actually thinkin of going natural afta dis mth. Thnking of using fertilaid. Wher can i get it? And hw much does it cost. Thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by soapdish(f): 9:36am On Jul 09, 2012
chidima: @thanks hebrew woman and champs. Am actually thinkin of going natural afta dis mth. Thnking of using fertilaid. Wher can i get it? And hw much does it cost. Thanks.

08057291527. You can call that number for your fertilaid if you are in PH or he can direct you on how to get it. His name is Victor, he works for carrot company and they are the distributors. Moreover, you will buy it at a cheaper price from them.
I hope it works for you. I got my BFP before I finished the first bottle. Goodluck and baby dust to all.
@Genbuhari, Τhe Lord is your strenght.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2012
God is your strength, may God see you through all this.

Update:
After meeting with my Doc on Saturday, I was scheduled for another test this week Friday, I will check out the request form later and state the test-- can't remember now. To help him take a better decision in relation to my hormones test result. I also did a swap test on that Saturday,this he said was necessarily to be sure that there was no infection. Praying that God will put his hand on my gynae, grant him divine wisdom, to facilitate my BFP IJN.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chidima: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
@soapdish, thanks and God bless u nd ur baby. So happy 4 u. Am calling now.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
@GenBuhari...The Lord is your strength,that's all i can say,i feel for your wife..

My Pipo,
Wats up??I no test anything oo cos that thing na delayed period leading to delayed ovulation.I have even had the temperature shift sef.Y una no gree read my other posts?? grin.Currently 4DPO,CD 51.So this is what it's like for people with PCOS??kaii!!This kain thing never do me before oo angry angry.Infact i dey suspect the ailment but make i no use mouth bring wahala for my head.
I am completely turned off knackson,i didn't even want to do it on O day cos i just felt like i was pushing myself for the sake of it,not for enjoyment..I'm just no more in the mood plus i have another exam approaching...
Right now,i have faith ooo but i'm just at a place where whatever the outcome,i will take it gracefully,no crying or thinking of how to pour hot oil on someone who's trying to console me..Seriously,i just have turned into an angry person.DH was asking me if i still love him,yes i do but i just feel like beating him up for no reason.. undecided undecided.
The other day when he was eating,i was just looking at him and i was soo angry at how he was eating,my whole mind was just to use my fork and pluck out his eyeballs or just break that dang plate on his head..He turned and caught me unawares and shouted at the amount of anger in my eyes oo!!But no1 told him to stop eating like a friggin cow that's chewing curd.

I don't want to be this way but i am just sooo angry...NO REASON.
Love you all and baby dust...back to my books o jare..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
@Seanbell dear, It is well, You are free to be angry/sad but for a while, so that the devil will not take advantage of it. It is only natural for one to be unhappy when things don't go as planned. But remember, God is still God, he is aware of everything. I am pleading my dear just take it easy on your DH and yourself too. Never can tell,the miracle might be closer than you can imagine. Please try to step out of it and I know you will feel better. Be still and know that God is and will always be your God. Love you dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
Genbuhari
Its well with you and DW...whatever, you are a WINNER!

MSTIA you dey mind Seanbell with her funny post...leave her to pluck out his eyes grin

MSTIA
wishing u success with this new gynea, God will use him mightily on ur behalf. But did he explain the Hormonal result?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
Amen Udoka. Thanks. He said the result was okay except for the ratio of the LH to the FSH. Hence he requested that I run another test to help him take a decision on the appropriate treatment if need be. @all Sending loads of baby dust y'way.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2012
Thanks each and everyone for your supportive words, it has helped me a great deal.

God in his infinite wisdom as decided to recall our little angel.

When I visited my wife this morning she was very poorly, although her water had broken, the tiny baby had not been washed out and had instead risen up in the womb and remained there.

On speaking to the doctors, they said that my wife was no longer contracting and they were gradually giving her more hormone to help her start contracting again.

Thank God by approx midday today the baby was still born, she was perfect but tiny; her body from head to her buttocks is was probably the length of a large mango (but thinner); with her legs included she was not much longer than the length of my hand from my finger-tips to my wrist.

A catholic priest in the hospital came and gave the baby blessing and prayed for her gentle and innocent soul.

My wife was continuing to bleed and midwife has given her an injection to stop the bleeding, whilst she was given more blood on a drip. The placenta and afterbirth were throughly removed she would likely be kept in hospital for many more hours whilst her health , blood pressure , temperature, bleeding etc are monitored.

Our concern now is that my wife recovers her health and strength and thank God she is being looked after well by the midwives and doctors.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
Gen Buhari, My heart bleeds for you!!! May the Lord give you the strength to bear your loss and do take care of your wife. I can imagine the pain she will be going through!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oln: 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
cry cry cry Soo sorry to hear this Genbuhari.Just reading this.Our good Lord will definitly give u both the fortitude to bear this loss&by his grace sooner than imagined we'l all be invited for the thanksgiving/child presentation of ur adorable princess/prince
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
@ gen buhari, it is well oh i am so sorry for lost. The lord is ur strength.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Toronto123: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
My dear Gen Buhari.. Am so sorry for your loss. YOu are a good man. You have stood by your wife. Men like you are few.. Its well with you. Please make sure your wife is well taken care of.. Please focus on her diet, lots of green vegetables to give her back some blood and lots of vitamins.
Its well, i know how you feel, the Lord will comfort you and your wife
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 7:15am On Jul 10, 2012
Genbuhari
You are still d WINNER! If all men will be like you in issues like this, the world will be a better place for we women...the desires of d righteous shall not be cut off...that Prince shall be born in ur house. Take heart brother and my kind rgds to ur DW...the Lord will replenish all she lost during this period and give her divine strength

Beetle
Know that 7 is a number of Perfection and completion ...as you take d 7th step in getting ur BFP, it must yield d needed BFP and ur 7th anniversary shall be celebrated with ur Children cos for ur delay God will give u double!

Toronto
How are u doing?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2012
Thanks MSTIA,it's a phase that will pass...

Paulina,na you i go start with

Dear GenBuhari,
I am soo sorry for your loss.Please,hug your wife for me..I cannot begin to imagine the pain you both are going through.Please,make sure you infuse her with the right food to help build up iron,folate,b6 and other vitamins since she has lost so much blood.Nuts,soybeans,spinach or any leafy veggie,red meat,fish,fruits are just a small example.
May God be with you both..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2012
@Gen Buhari, if my heart is dis broken then i can only imagine wat you and ur DW is going thru. I knw dis is one of those situations wheere "sorry' doesnt cut it. All i can say is dat God knws best, theres is not any obstacle in dis life without a blessing preceding it, so i know that ur blessing is def on it way. Take time to grieve and let ur DW do the same if she needs to cos you are human but please do not dwell on it, d bible says that in ALL things gve glory to GOD. I remember wen i had my 2nd miscarriage, i was so angry dat for sme days i culdnt even pray...but i realized that its still GOD who will dry my tears so i had to believe his evry word and hold on to it even wen it doesnt make sense.
May God comfort you and ur family, i hve you in my thoughts and prayers....

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2012
@Gen Buhari, God will give double for ur troubles,just take heart, its well. thank u 4 being there 4 DW, God bless u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2012
@ Gen Buhari....i dnt know what to say.this is so heartbreaking. It is well with u and DW.God is in control.IT IS WELL.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Seanbell
Thank God am far from you grin. Wishing u speedy BFP this month.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nnemak(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
Its is well. I pray ur wify recovers quickly.
God is still on the Throne.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Champs and Udoka, Thanks for your prayers!!!!

Beetle!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Genbuhari. You have my sympathy! Words cannot express.....I pray that before you have finished grieving, the Lord will replace ur loss in double!

My heart goes out to DW too. Am putting her in my prayers that God will give her the strenght that she needs to overcome this loss. It is well IJN....Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.