Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5387495 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Shiloh
all the PLENTY times l took it, no single effect. But have heard people whose ovaries were over hyper-stimulated, that they swear never to allow their enemy take it. Hope you are starting with 50m.g? l pray and believe you wont react to it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nikkygal(f): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Gen.Buhari, Waoh! This must be a very trying moment for you & your wife. I pray that God keeps your wife and the baby in good health in Jesus name. I can understand your need for wanting the cerclage to be done asap as delay could be dangerous but I guess the doctors might have a point about the possibility of an infection.I salute your courage for being so supportive. . . . .May the good Lord see you through.

Udoka,Hebrewoman,kemi,Ebony,shiloh,rocksqueen,Shiloh, Seanbell, Camrygmail,zenoj and all the other ladies in the house . . . .I can see you guys are good & hanging in there. Am enjoying the energy on this thread. Very positive, encouraging & definitely refreshing! May the good Lord answer everyone with Bfp's soonest.

As for FertileCM,i had ordered it as well to commence usage just before i got my Bfp but from the reveiws i read on Amazon, quite a number of people testified to it's efficacy even though it seemed not to work for some. I guess it might be worth trying sha since Fertilaid is also known to work very well forpeple with irregular periods.

Shiloh, don't be scared about the clomid. . . .the side effects if any are minimal! No big deal! I wish you the very best in this cycle.BFP for you in Jesus name!

Udoka, Camry & other latest preggies, enjoy your 40weeks. . . . smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Udoka2, thnx oo....means d big O is on its way.

@ebony13, am doin very well. Isn't 2000mg of meformin on the high side, unless u have severe PCOS. My Dr never put me past 1500mg cos dat d normal recommended dose. If ur Dr waNts u on 2000mg I think you shuld find out y unless he told u already. Why did u stop d fertilaid na? I took mine for a month b4 AF showed but for sme pple it takes longer, u shuld have continued cos it helps regulate ur period which is d biggest challenge if u have PCOS. With fertilaid I knw exactly wen am ovulating, and with my last pregnancy I knew d exact date I conceived. Cos OPK's drive me crazy and I can't do dat temperature chart either.

@genbuhari, pls keep us posted on wat is goin on...we all r still praying for you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ Hebrew woman. Truthfully i started the metformin myself,my doctor said he wants to wait for my blood test result to come in first before he prescribes,well i dnt c the point.If he comes and says i dnt need it i would stop it,but if he says i do then I'm one step ahead.nuttin spoil. As for the fertilaid my dear i was tired jare.i finished the first bottle and i wasn't interested in buying another.you know Ђσω it is now.i wanted something fast fast,so i induced and went on clomid.i actually changed gynae so we started that process.tanks for your concern dear.Opk's give me headache too,it dsnt always come out the way its supposed to in my case. Buh i prefer the temperature charting its less stressful to use,but i must admit its very stressful on the mind.
What can i do jare...anything for the LOgrin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 1:56am On Jul 05, 2012
The lord is our strength. Our very present help In times of needs. @Gen buhari our prayer are with u. Pls keep us posted. Later today i am going to see another gyne. The problem is one of my boob still brings out liquid. High prolactin i guess. I don't understand this thing ooh?? After about five bottles of parlodel!!!. Truck load of BFP this July. This another special month on this trend being the seventh month of the year. Seven holds alot of significance , i ve faith that even if AF showed up at exactly 28 days! I am what God Say i am. Mother of many children. Twins oo! Girls oo ! Boys oo!. So that why for first time in my Ttc history my blood Pressure did rise yesterday. To God the glory.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by maryswags: 4:19am On Jul 05, 2012
GenBuhari:

Update on my wife's bleeding at 19/20 weeks pregancy :

My wife who is in her 20th week is still in hospital. This afternoon as she prepared to be discharged, she started bleeding again; midwife she told that her cervix is opening and a portion of the amionic fluid sac is protruding.

Blood tests, BP and heart rates are all normal.

The doctors /midwives have said that the cervix could be stitched shut once they can get the protruding part of the amionic sac back into the womb through cervix.

My wife is currently lying in bed angled with her feet higher than her head to try and get the protruding part of the amionic sac to fall back in.

One of the problems is that my wife is going to the toilet very frequently and I guess this would not help with the issue of the protruding amionic sac.

The midwife that spoke to my wife says that even if the protruding part of the sac fall back through to cervix, they would not consider stitching the cervix for at least another 24 - 48 hours to ensure that everything is stable and there are no further infections, as she says that if the cervix is stitched whilst an infection still exists, it could be dangerous or the mother as well as baby.
We still cannot really understand the reason for the unnecessary delay.

I have some questions:

Has anybody else ever experienced this before?

Is it normal to delay stitching the cervix at 19-20 week?

We enquired whether a catheter could be fitted solve the problem of my my wife having to get up frequently to urinate, the midwives say that this would not be good idea as a catheter may introduce another infection.
Any advice / experiences?

If they are worried about infection surely antibiotics could be started just to make sure.

What do you all thinK?

The above was copied from my post in the pregnancy forum.

@ SeanBell
It seems that you may be pregnant. Congrats!!

Awww Gen Buhari it is well with your wife, she's in ma prayers, nothin will happen to her n d baby by Gods grace
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by maryswags: 4:29am On Jul 05, 2012
Udoka how are u doing? D Lord will see you thru this one IJN

How are ya all doing? Iv been kind of depressed, thinkin of a lot of things, DHs familys puttin a lot of pressure on him now, and talkin him into travelling out, that leaves me *im confused as I cry now* well God knows best, its so painful dat dis happening to me.. My friend also lost her baby an hour after birth, after 4 days of hard labour! Too much on ma mind now, I decided 2 stay off ttc for now cos I'm getting into depression, I'm on CD32 now, dnt even know wot to think, say or do....lemme go back to bed joor, one thing I love about sleep is dat u are free from worry those hours....I greet u all, just popped in 2 see wotz going on!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 05, 2012
Thank you all.

The latest on my wife's pregnancy is that the baby is still alive and moving insde her, her BP is high approx 130 /94 and she is starting to get what we believe maybe labour pains.
The doctors have advised that it is too risky to stitch the cervix as this could worsen the infection which may lead to fatal blood poisoning.

The cause of the bleeding was a urinary tract infection and apparently this is common between 6 and 24 weeks and is mainly caused by pressure on the bladder from the growing womb.

I am wondering whether the infection may have cleared if the hospital had not wasted about 14hours before starting antibiotics. My wife even told me, just yesterday, that she was offered a termination on her 2nd day at the hospital, this I was shocked at!

Wish we had taken Agiboma's advice; she had advised that we attend an early pregnancy unit and get a high risk pregnancy assessment. I remember that because we had lost a baby at 21 weeks due to an infection, we were advised for my wife to take anti-biotics at approx 11 weeks, this never happened this time, it was never given for our youngest child's pregnancy in 2007 either.

At this stage we are resigned that the outcome seems likely to be a miscarriage and I am still praying for a miracle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 6:16am On Jul 05, 2012
@maryswags, it's ok luv, don't be depressed cos this is a battle that d devil cannot win. It's our right to b fruitful and multiply so dats exactly wat ur body will do. Just continue thanking God for those children as they are already lined up and waiting to manifest. Some days can b like dis cos ur only human but u have to continue looking up to God. Just make sure u always pray for your DH so God wil continue to gve him d grace toresist the pressure and also pray for those putting the pressure on him so they realize dat God time is the best.
It is well my dear sister but remember dat God grants us the desires of our hearts and since it's ur hearts desire to hve children it MUST be granted by God. I made up my mind not to ever gve d devil the satisfaction, all you have to do is have complete FAITH in God and in d scriptures and you will def come out a winner. I have u in my prayers dear...lots of hugs!!!

@Genbuhari am so sry to hear dis but do not gve up. It's NOT over until God says it is over. If the baby is still alive and moving why do they want to evacuate? Keep thanking God thT he is working behind d scenes on ur behalf and he must fight ur battles until d end. I'll continue praying for you and ur wife. Please gve her all d support you can and assure her that water happens, you both are in dis 2gether.
Did u get. 2nd opinion? It doesn't hurt to hear wat another Dr thinks.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 05, 2012
Thanks for the supportive words Hebrew_woman, I suggested yesterday to my wife about going to another hospital, but for some reason she is reluctant.
Hebrew woman:

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2012
@GenB..please don't give up on God...the bible says in Jeremiah 32:27..."Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?"
At this point where man seeks to give up, put ur faith to the test and believe God for a miracle.
He is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by maryswags: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Hebrew woman:
@maryswags, it's ok luv, don't be depressed cos this is a battle that d devil cannot win. It's our right to b fruitful and multiply so dats exactly wat ur body will do. Just continue thanking God for those children as they are already lined up and waiting to manifest. Some days can b like dis cos ur only human but u have to continue looking up to God. Just make sure u always pray for your DH so God wil continue to gve him d grace toresist the pressure and also pray for those putting the pressure on him so they realize dat God time is the best.
It is well my dear sister but remember dat God grants us the desires of our hearts and since it's ur hearts desire to hve children it MUST be granted by God. I made up my mind not to ever gve d devil the satisfaction, all you have to do is have complete FAITH in God and in d scriptures and you will def come out a winner. I have u in my prayers dear...lots of hugs!!!

@Genbuhari am so sry to hear dis but do not gve up. It's NOT over until God says it is over. If the baby is still alive and moving why do they want to evacuate? Keep thanking God thT he is working behind d scenes on ur behalf and he must fight ur battles until d end. I'll continue praying for you and ur wife. Please gve her all d support you can and assure her that water happens, you both are in dis 2gether.

Thanks so much hebrew woman, it gives a lot of hope to wake up and read such words, my soul is lifted up for real! May God bless you dearie, it is well wif u! Tnx so much!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gracefull: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hello fruitful ladies, since my last post,I have been silently following the thread. I admire the faith and encouragment exhibited on this thread. I sympathize with all the ladies who have suffered loss in form of miscarriages, be rest assured that that none willcast their young ever again on this thread. Congrats to all who have got their bfp's. God is surely at work with all of us and he isn't through with this thread yet.To all the mothers to be,I'm sending a truck load of baby dust your way. Update:the new RE I had been seeing for a few moths now looked at my HSG result and felt it was misleading and both tubes were blocked as there was no evident spill of of dye from the Xray film. He suggsted repeated flushing to unblock the tubes. He had only flushed once when he sd the tubes were open. DH personally requested dt he repeat it but he said it wasn't necessary. I had a laparoscopy to ascertain the real state of my tubes & d result was there"bilateral tubal occlusion" though he said the blockage can be cleared as it didn't get to my cervix. I was advised to. Either keep repeating the flushing or opt for IVF. DH prefers the IVF route but I'm a bit skeptical as I didn't know that it will ever get to this.in all I'm still very hopeful and still expecting a miracle from God. Thanks for your patience in reading my long post. God bless us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
To those who are in one form of distress or another,I say to u that be still n know that He is God n unto them that believe,nothing shall be impossible.
Genbuhari,d Lord is ur strength,really. I understand perfectly well how u're both feeling rite now.Pls,don't give up cos when d doctors says they have tried their best,it means they haveb exhausted all they have to help n that is where God's miracles start from,there is no help anywhere but in Him,so,abeg,just remain focus. As for the infection,with d antibiotics she's taking,I also know that raw garlic is good in treating those.If u both won't mind d odour,4 cloves/day won't hurt.Let her also take a lot of water melon n oranges too.Am sure God has a awesome testimony coming for us,so,we are in this together.Keep us posted.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
gracefull: Hello fruitful ladies, since my last post,I have been silently following the thread. I admire the faith and encouragment exhibited on this thread. I sympathize with all the ladies who have suffered loss in form of miscarriages, be rest assured that that none willcast their young ever again on this thread. Congrats to all who have got their bfp's. God is surely at work with all of us and he isn't through with this thread yet.To all the mothers to be,I'm sending a truck load of baby dust your way. Update:the new RE I had been seeing for a few moths now looked at my HSG result and felt it was misleading and both tubes were blocked as there was no evident spill of of dye from the Xray film. He suggsted repeated flushing to unblock the tubes. He had only flushed once when he sd the tubes were open. DH personally requested dt he repeat it but he said it wasn't necessary. I had a laparoscopy to ascertain the real state of my tubes & d result was there"bilateral tubal occlusion" though he said the blockage can be cleared as it didn't get to my cervix. I was advised to. Either keep repeating the flushing or opt for IVF. DH prefers the IVF route but I'm a bit skeptical as I didn't know that it will ever get to this.in all I'm still very hopeful and still expecting a miracle from God. Thanks for your patience in reading my long post. God bless us all.

Gracefull, it is well with you. God will direct you on the right path to take. I have a similar situation here, pls can I know where you did the laparoscopy. I will really be grateful for that before I draw my conclusions.

@all, its good to know this thread is still running and more positive outcomes too. I used to be an early member of this thread, got discouraged at a point and stopped coming but I can see things had really shaken up here. Good luck to all waiting mothers and congratulobia to all BFPers. We dey.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2012
Aladunni
Long time! Have you tried flushing for once? A friend of mine whose one tube was blocked, did another round of hsg, and it got it cleared, but me l did flushing also had only one blocked.
Online research l did says Tiger nuts preventes blockage of tubes, so l eat it often.

Seanbell
Time up abegi grin.. e don do grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2012
Thanks for the support zenoj, we will try your suggestions of water melon oranges and garlic.
zenoj: To those who are in one form of distress or another,I say to u that be still n know that He is God n unto them that believe,nothing shall be impossible.
Genbuhari,d Lord is ur strength,really. I understand perfectly well how u're both feeling rite now.Pls,don't give up cos when d doctors says they have tried their best,it means they haveb exhausted all they have to help n that is where God's miracles start from,there is no help anywhere but in Him,so,abeg,just remain focus. As for the infection,with d antibiotics she's taking,I also know that raw garlic is good in treating those.If u both won't mind d odour,4 cloves/day won't hurt.Let her also take a lot of water melon n oranges too.Am sure God has a awesome testimony coming for us,so,we are in this together.Keep us posted.

@RocksQueen,
Thank you for those words, already we are feeing more hope even though the situation appears hopeless.
RocksQueen: @GenB..please don't give up on God...the bible says in Jeremiah 32:27..."Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for Me?"
At this point where man seeks to give up, put ur faith to the test and believe God for a miracle.
He is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
@genbuhari,How far with d contractions she's feeling.If it's still there,ensure she takes lots of water,like 1 pure water a day.Most women tend to have those(my SIL did have it like 3 diff times thru out pg n I also had it tho not with pain for me) but bed rest with lots of water melon n water will do wonders at this time.God has blessed us with all things to enjoy,that includes our well being.Also,I read that coconut juice n all is good too,try to encourage her to take these,they are more safe in pregnancy.It is well with u both,my love to her.
Our pg sisters o!Trust u're doing great!It is well with u all.Just ensure u're eating healthy,we're with u in d place of prayer.Luv y'all.
Sprinkling loads of baby dust to nooks n cranny of da house.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by beckytoyon(f): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
My marriage wil be a yr dis july bt yet 2 conceive. Av seen a doctor bt no positive result yet. I av faith n believe in God d giver of all good things dat i'll smile very soon. Pls encourage me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Genbuhari, you and your wife is in my prayers. God is ever faithful. He will surely perfect his work in your family. @ Beckytoyon, you welcome on board, God is your strength. The power of God will move in your life henceforth, God is surely faithful to keep to his word. He said he who finds a wife finds a good thing. You are a good thing in your home, You are fearfully and wounderfully made, you must carry your bundles of Joy soonest. It may tarry but MUST come to an end. And the end is now.Lu Y. @Udoka2, hope you and LO are doing great. you are always in my prayers. Told my colleague about you and she kept on asking about your state every time we meet. I am praying for you, just as I key into you miracle that I will share my testimony soo. @Seanbell baby, I am crossing all my body for you, waiting to hear the good news cheesy Sending truck loads of babydust y'way. God bless y'all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PregMama(f): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
Trying to conceive or parenting --- Share your true life pregnancy stories with Women from around the world, just like some women have done on: http://www.pregnancy-mama.com/pregnancy-stories-collection.html - Inspire Moms! Encourage a Fellow Woman Today! Your story can do it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 1
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 2
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 3
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 4
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 5
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 6
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
bump 7
am sure you are wondering whats up with the bumps grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.