Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5426252 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by limar: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2012
Fruitful mummies in the house how are you all doing? Please can someone with blocked tubes ovulate and menstruate?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:02am On Oct 30, 2012
Hebrew woman: @Ipio, Dr Wada dat pink22 is gud but I honestly feel like he is over hyped n he's ridiculously expensive but dats my personal opinion cos I've been to Nisa Prenier a few times n I wasn't impressed at all. I knw 2 very gud DRs dat actually used to work at dis Nisa Premier 4 Dr Wada and then went on to open their own clinics. Am currently seeing one now as my obgyn wit dis pregnancy. And d other one has a very gud IVF success rate. A friend jst did IVF wit him n it was a success. Am in bed now but in d mornin I'l gve u d number for for d Dr am seeing currently n I can get u the number to d other Dr as well if u wish.
Hope they wnt ban me if I write d name of d hospital n number on here.
Infact Ipio email me, zinwagirl@yahoo.com so I can gve u d info n u can ask me any mre questions u may have.

Hebrewwoman is right he is insanely expensive , but he is good sha. Hebrewwoman I'll contact u too
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2012
limar: Fruitful mummies in the house how are you all doing? Please can someone with blocked tubes ovulate and menstruate?
Yes.

@all
I noticed brown spotting yesterday evening CD16, nothing this morning. Can it be ovulation, but l dont have midcycle spotting again. Had it early this year when l had terrible hormonal imbalance. Really confused.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2012
Udoka,it may just be hormonal imbalance or the spotting caused before ovulation.Have been reading up on it and will post what i've seen.I had it about 3 times but didn't bother myself cos it was small quantity and didn't last longer than a day.However,if it's full blown bleeding,you could have a chat with your gyne for further investigation.

Culled from how to do things dot com

MIDCYCLE SPOTTING

Whether you’ve always had regular menstrual cycles or never had a regular menstrual cycle in your life, the sudden appearance of mid-cycle spotting can be startling. Spotting is when a small amount of blood is passed, just enough to "spot" your underwear or toilet tissue. The blood spots can be many different colors, from brown to red to pinkish, so don't be too concerned about the color of mid-cycle spotting. Fortunately, mid-cycle spotting is usually nothing to worry about.

Changes in Hormonal Balance. All of the changes in a woman’s menstrual cycle are due to alterations in the progesterone/estrogen balance. Changes in a woman’s hormonal balance are especially common in perimenopause.

Timing. If you have spotting that occurs around the time of ovulation (ten to fourteen days after the start of your last period), it is likely due to the increased estrogen in your system at this time. Spotting can also occur upon implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterine lining. Spotting that occurs several days to one week before one's menstrual cycle can be due to low levels of progesterone, which while not a problem in and of itself, can cause infertility or early miscarriage in the event that one is trying to become pregnant. Spotting that shows up at other times in your cycle is more likely to be abnormal spotting.

Mittelschmerz. Mittelschmerz is German for "middle pain," and it is a word that describes the mid-cycle pain that can accompany ovulation. You will experience mittelschmerz on one side of your lower abdomen around the time of ovulation, from 10-14 days after the first day of your last period. If you experience mittelschmerz around the same time as spotting, you are almost certainly ovulating. Mittelschmerz is nothing to worry about; I see it as a convenient way of knowing exactly where I am in my cycle.

Other Potential Influences. A woman's hormonal balance can also be affected by the following conditions:
Weight loss or gainAnorexia or bulimia
A change in diet (especially poor nutrition)
Excessive caffeine or alcohol consumption
Excessive exercise
Smoking or drug use
Stress (work-related, personal, environmental)
Illness
Childbirth, breastfeeding, miscarriage or dilation and curettage (D&C)
Cysts, polyps, endometriosis, fibroids or other reproductive system abnormalities
Perimenopause
Beginning or changing medications
Chemotherapy
If any of these events have occurred in your recent history, chances are that your hormones are temporarily out of balance, and mid-cycle spotting is the result.

Cortisol. The effect of stress deserves special note. Cortisol is released by our adrenal glands when we are under stress and cortisol directly affects estrogen, progesterone and DHEA. If you are under a lot of stress, try to find ways to create a respite for yourself via yoga, meditation, exercise or whatever means you can.

Amount. Another way to assess spotting is to observe the amount. Spotting is called "spotting" for a reason--the amount of blood does not begin to approach that of a menstrual cycle. Abnormal spotting tends to last longer than run-of-the-mill spotting--for many days rather than a day or two.

The Pill. Spotting is common when a woman begins her first cycle of birth control pills or if pills are either missed or taken late. Spotting usually improves by the end of the third cycle of birth control pills. "Breakthrough bleeding," bleeding that is quite a bit heavier than spotting, may indicate that your pill does not have enough hormone for your particular system. In this case, don't assume that your pill is providing birth control protection and be sure to follow up with your doctor.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Excessive spotting can sometimes be a symptom of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Between 5-10% of women of childbearing age suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2012
Culled from beyond fertility dot com

How do you know if it is spotting or a period?

First, let’s define “spotting”. Spotting is when a bit of blood is passed through the vag i na. Normally it doesn’t reach the underwear, but rather is swiped with toilet paper after a bowel movement or urination. The blood can be pink-tinged mucus, rusty brown or bright red. Spotting can be a one-time occurrence, or it can last for several hours or even several days. Spotting does NOT define the first day of menstruation. The first day of menstruation should always be considered the first day of actual bleeding. Spotting often does come before a period but it is not your period until you are on your first real day of bleeding.
Are YOU spotting NOW? Don’t run around the web wondering about spotting.

“Normal” Spotting
Normal spotting is what may occur at the very end of your bleeding days. A day or two of spotting after 3 to 5 days of bleeding is normal, and just the end of the bleeding period. Spotting before your menstruation is common but not ideal. A period ideally should freely flow once started.
Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood around ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. The term is called Mittelschmerz when you have a twinge of pain around the ovary and is often followed by a tiny bit of spotting within a few days. This is not considered spotting before a period since it is really spotting AFTER ovulation.

It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, and a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as spotting. Or, during ovulation, the level of oestrogen rises, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of spotting.
Spotting that occurs about a week before the cycle is due – and only lasts for less than one day- is possibly considered implantation spotting. This happens as a result of the fertilized egg burrowing into the uterine lining.

Or another reason for seeing implantation spotting may be due to a slight rise in estrogen and drop in progesterone before the corpus luteum takes over the production of progesterone. The corpus luteum takes over the production when the implanted fertilized egg signals the body that pregnancy has occurred and that the lining must be maintained. Keep in mind that spotting that continues for days is not implantation spotting.

Abnormal” Spotting, when a period is due

Abnormal spotting shows up at times other than the above mentioned times. Abnormal spotting lasts for days. It’s abnormal to spot days before your menstrual cycle is due. The causes of abnormal spotting vary.
One common cause of spotting several days before the menstrual cycle is due is low progesterone. [/b]It is the hormone progesterone that helps to maintain the uterine lining for pregnancy. When pregnancy occurs the progesterone should keep the lining in place and fluffed up to hold on and nest the new life.
In a cycle without the occurrence of pregnancy, progesterone begins to diminish and and when the progesterone level drops the lining is no longer held in place and the menstrual cycle occurs. In women who are deficient in progesterone, they will see spotting several days to a week before their cycle is due. This can also cause minor infertility and early miscarriage. Both are symptoms of low progesterone.

[b]TIMING

Spotting before a period is due – reasons for spotting before a period can be implantation, from a cyst or a short luteal phase and impaired egg quality

Spotting in between cycles – this is a difficult term to answer but often means your cycles are growing shorter; often with perimenopause

Spotting while on birth control pills or depo-provera – this is also called breakthrough bleeding. Often times the shot is wearing off or the pill’s dose is low. Let me say that upping your dose is not a healthy choice; just as the pill is not a healthy choice

Spotting after ovulation – could be a cyst that has ruptured (usually a good thing) or implantation. Knowing your body best will help you decide which it could be at this point.

Spotting when pregnant – Though scary it does not have to be. The color is what matters as well as the amount. Light pink, pink and brown spotting is common with implantation.

Spotting only when “I” wipe

Spotting from STDs – This is a subject of its own and usually means something more serious. It is best to have a doctor check you out and possibly give you a prescription for anti-biotics.

Implantation spotting – the scariest for someone TTC and the most welcomed. Implantation spotting is just the little drops of blood that come from the “baby” (fertilized egg) implanting into the wall of the uterus and is a very popular reason for spotting before period. A small release of blood slowly travels down to the opening of the cervix.

Spotting after a period[/b] - Often times the uterus is weak and does not contract strongly enough. This will leave blood on the endometrial lining that will slowly shed even after it seemed menstruation was over.
Can I just say that spotting is rarely comforting; right? Unless you have PCOS and you are hoping for a period it is usually something to wonder about instead of cheer. Do you know there are 10 main reasons for spotting and only some of them are covered here?

[b]Spotting from Uterine Fibroids, STDs, Endometriosis and Birth Control Pills

Another reason spotting may occur could be uterine fibroids, which are fairly harmless, but need to be kept an eye on. Fibroids tend to leech blood as they are attached to the uterus. You may feel extremely tired if this is your diagnosis from the iron which become depleted through fibroids.
Endometriosis, birth control pills are a few other reasons spotting may occur. The most harmful reasons for spotting are possible sexually transmitted diseases and some cancers.

It is advisable if you have re-curring spotting each month to have your healthcare provider to examine you, just to rule out possible harmful reasons for it and to help you to deal with and/or cure the reasons behind the spotting.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
My hand don bend..

MemyselfandI,
Very happy for you that AF has showed up finally..Hoping you catch the O in due course..

@All..what's popping?
I know i wrote this in my diary,but have you guys heard of the warri pastor knacking the ttc woman and making her say power enter?It's a video.No need seeing it cos it will make you pretty sad.
This journey is not easy,and maybe she doesn't have a good support group like we do here.If not,im sure someone would have told her that what she's doing is wrong on all levels and could cause her untold misery and pain..Or at least we would have been able to open her eyes to the scam that she was entering.Thank God we have prayer warriors here to counsel and kabash..No real MOG would be giving a woman knackson while asking power to enter,how can God hear such a prayer?But for these men to be doing this,that means many ttcers have fallen prey..May God deliver us oo.

I am glad we have each other,very very glad.

In other news,first antenatal on thursday..ultrasound in about 4 to 5 weeks..
Nothing special happening,just mild cramps.No real nausea and vomit yet,thank God.

Plenty baby dust and knackson to all..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thank you seanbell for the article. I dont know what to subscribe to it, noticed it on my underwear and when l wiped yesterday evening, nothing again. Maybe its the fertilaid way of causing me to ovulation, that my conclusion, whatever, l will just dey kanck believing O never pass, cus l no even know whats up with me for now.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Udoka,
Are you still temping or using opk?Since it has stopped,you shouldn't worry yourself at all.
Kwalu gaba wink cheesy

Someone said we should talk about luteal phase defect,will do so when i get the chance...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Seanball,
i also saw the video about 2weeks ago, it was really terrible and disgusting, i was told it happened somewhere in Warri.
i learnt from a from a friend in Warri that the woman committed suicide after the video broadcast. i felt so bad, how could a woman be so desperate to have fallen victim of such MOD (man of devil).

the bible says, my people perish because they lack knowledge.

thanks God for this wonderful forum, very enlightening physically, medically and spiritually.
learnt so many things from here.
God bless us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
Flaakey
shocked shocked shocked cry
Suicide??kaiii!! i feel worse now...I can imagine how she felt..
Thanks for the info..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thanks Seanbell, u know i complained about the same issue too, mine have stopped though. I should be ovulating in a few days time and knackson just dey sweet me now i no care about the yeye spotting jare
kai that is a sad story why would desperation make a woman think that another man's sugar stick would do the magic , the devil is wicked o God will help us
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ pink, thanks a bunch, @ Hebrew, good know u are doing fine, will send you a mail immediately, pls do not get tired of all the questions I'll ask you, u can be sure I have a whole lot to ask.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thanks Seanbell#

I have discharge like creamist brown can that be spotting?

I need to understnd the code cd cos am lost in some of the short codes we use here.

Thanks in advance

love u all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
CD = Cycle Day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello all, I don miss una oo, my BIS expired and them no wan load me for office, to load am by myself dey pepper me, thanks to God them don try.so am back.

Dr Oloril and all experts, I beg, the lab attendant said it is advised to do the cervical smear after ovulation, na true?

Secondly, she said the procedure is kinda discomforting, huh, If I had gotten info of how discomforting it is I wouldn't have paid for it, taaaaaaaaa, can't stand to experience what I experienced during hsg again, am thinking of not doing it again but I have paid and the money is non refundable, what do I do?

Seanbell, the story is a horrible one oo, a song writer said any problem our God cannot solve, may we not have it. God will hear us all and we shall be glad.

Jesu yio se iyanu, Baba mi yio se iyanu, ona tio gba lemi yio mo, Baba yio se iyanu, Baba fi oju wo mi lati oke, je ki emi ri anu gbaaaaaaaa, aka Jesus will do wonders, my Father will do wonders, how He is going to do it I don't know but am sure He is going to do wonder, my Father look down on me from heaven and have mercy on me.

To those ovulating and those getting nearer to it, wish you BFP in Jesus name. This years, God will hear us,no carry over.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
@hebrew woman, sent u a mail.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by OloriL(f): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
-
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Olori i pray u get a surprised bfp and put the devil to shame before then
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by OloriL(f): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
-
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ praying for u
OloriL: @omonikiba cervical smear or pap test isn't that painful, it shouldn't be painful at all unless the Dr. isn't skilled at doing it. The only discomfort you might get is when they put the speculum inside, so you just need to relax your muscles, take deep breaths and you will be fine. It is nothing compared to HSG, my HSG was hell.
I have never heard of a required time (before of after ovulation) to do a pap smear, but I would imagine it shouldn't be done during AF for obvious reasons.
Every woman of child-bearing age should have a pap smear yearly and infertility Drs here always require a pap smear before treatment.

My update- seems AF is rearing its ugly head, having cramps that I need to take pain killers for. I was delaying booking my appointment for the ivf consult, but with the kind of pain I had today I think AF is coming so I finally made the appt. If I end up doing ivf, DH and I have agreed it will be next year, God willing.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 1:10am On Oct 31, 2012
Hello fruitful ladies.

Sorry for my silence on this thread.

I Have been busy with some work projects and getting bigger by day. To God be the glory for this wonderful gift am carrying.

The name of the Lord be praised for MSTIA, hebrewwoman,zenoj and seanbells BFP testimonies. The last time I logged on was on septembert19th. And as u can see several testimonies of BFP. Na God o

@udoka your testimony concerning your victory over the prolactin whahala is permanent. I am glad ewedu worked for u. Fertile aid will work for you this cycle.

@mamat congrats on your husband's victory over the infection. We bless the name of God.

Thanks ipio, udoka and Mrs kem for remembering me . God will remember you for good.

@seanbell you are an overcomer!!!

I remember when I had an ectopic pregnancy last year. The next Sunday after the procedure. During praise and worship at church I danced so tey I moved from where I was sitting and danced in the front of the whole church.(with my shy self) . Am sure the devil sef was confused but I was determined to praise God thru it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2012
@beetle am glad you and DH are settled now. Stuff like that happens from time to time but the extent to which it (dr's report.)will affect your faith in your husband and God will be determined by you.

@alwaystrue you are a blessing

@agiboma ,champs and all the other preggy I hail o.

To all the new ladies oloril,memyself,kike100, I hail una, welcome you.

@santeangelo you will be fruitful and your dream of fatherhood will be a reality.

Feels good to be back here.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2012
Hello Peeps, how are we all holding up? @Camrygmail, good to have U check on Us all, Receive Grace to Carry ur pregnancy to full term in Jesus name, Amen. Hmmmm... I have a funny testimony. I said here that I will be doing All-night Prayers tru out my 2WW. On Tuesday morning by 1am as Usual I woke up & started kabashing. While Praying I remembered the four water cain (Koboko) that my mum gave me to use in Prayer. I picked 2 from the four & I called forth anyone that has a hand in what am going tru. I commanded him/her to lie down on my bed (cos d oda day I felt smeone open my door & walk into my room & lay down besides me). Since they love to lie on my bed,lol. I started flogging!!! I flogged by fire, by thunder, by brimstone, hailstone, by hurricane, by the flaming sword of fire!!! Ha!!! I pieces their body & after that I cleaned up every satanic debris b4 I slept off. I woke up around 6am, Went to d kitchen 2 prepare food in order to rush to work. Wen I was tru, I walk back into my room and guess what I saw on my bed A DEAD RAT!!! I quickly got an ice cream cup by my bedside n covered it. Straight for burning. I didn't put any poison anywhere to kill rat, secondly, how come on my bed? I was Baffled!!! Truely I HAVE SEEN THE DOWNFALL OF SATAN!!! I keep my ear down like slippers waiting to hear who will die cos someone must confess & die!!! My case is very spiritual that's why I encourage ttc Women 2 always pray as U neva can tell. Abeg tonight We would Speak Into November to Yield its Increase into our lives. Collectively We would call forth our Babies to come forth!!! Time is 12midnight!!! GOD FOR US ALL!!!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2012
@ Mama Triplets shocked shocked shocked what a testimony!God will perfect all that concerns you in Jesus name. kiss

Temperature dropped this morning 13dpo cry cry cry so AF should be on her way! I'm tired o!hmmmmmmmm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by limar: 6:37am On Oct 31, 2012
And everyone ignored my question... cry

Please house, does one with blocked tubes ovulate and menstruate?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gr8babe: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2012
Gud morning mothers,
Pls I need ur advice. My hubby did SFA test and infection was seen. Both of us were placed on doxycycline and ciprotab for 14days. Can we BD after completing d dosage or we should wait for another test to confirm d infection is gone?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2012
Double post
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2012
shocked shocked @ mama3. Thank God for the grace he has given u to tarry in prayer. You will not get tired o and you will not pray amiss or pray in vain . Thank God for your testimony. Your victory is permanent.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 7:42am On Oct 31, 2012
@ limar yes a woman with blocked tubes can still ovulate and also get signs of ovulations like ewcm and ovulation pains.
Did u get an Hcg to check your tubes?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by gr8babe: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2012
OloriL: @omonikiba cervical smear or pap test isn't that painful, it shouldn't be painful at all unless the Dr. isn't skilled at doing it. The only discomfort you might get is when they put the speculum inside, so you just need to relax your muscles, take deep breaths and you will be fine. It is nothing compared to HSG, my HSG was hell.
I have never heard of a required time (before of after ovulation) to do a pap smear, but I would imagine it shouldn't be done during AF for obvious reasons.
Every woman of child-bearing age should have a pap smear yearly and infertility Drs here always require a pap smear before treatment.

My update- seems AF is rearing its ugly head, having cramps that I need to take pain killers for. I was delaying booking my appointment for the ivf consult, but with the kind of pain I had today I think AF is coming so I finally made the appt. If I end up doing ivf, DH and I have agreed it will be next year, God willing.
Gud morning mothers,
Pls I need ur advice. My hubby did SFA test and infection was seen. Both of us were placed on doxycycline and ciprotab for 14days. Can we BD after completing d dosage or we should wait for another test to confirm d infection is gone?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2012
Kai Mamatriplets that is a powerful testimony if i be u i go dey dance azonto by now, whaaaaaaaaaaaat that means the useless witch or wizard was actually there to take away ur blessings again , God punish devil.
It shall be permanent IJN.
@Camrygirl, see how we dey help person enter wahala, our God is indeed faithful
@Limar yes its very possible and someone even replied you, guess u didn't see it.
So girls tonight is the night! Devil is in trouble
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:13am On Oct 31, 2012
limar: And everyone ignored my question... cry

Please house, does one with blocked tubes ovulate and menstruate?

l answered ur question almost immediately, lets try and read.

@camrygmail
Glad to hear from you and your little angel (dont worry how l heard the baby talkgrin)

MamaT
What a great testimony! The victory is already yours!

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.