Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,807 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5432276 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
ebony13: @ Champs please i need a favor o,pls can u give me a rundown of your IUI cost with ubth? I dnt know if nairaland wld let you post it,preferable mail it to me. Thanks dear you're a darling! I must come for baby dedication o,i cnt b in this Benin and miss out on the rice grin ! cheesy
I sent you e-mail
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
RocksQueen: @champs.. Congrats o! Up chelsea! Lol!
Am happy for you and to know that all is well with u and lo.

@seanbell/hebrew woman. I tire for the tin...at first the drugs sent me to latrine tire! I dey happy for the back of my mind say I wan start to lose weight. Den nothing....nothing!!!!! undecided just because I dey rejoice for fat wey I wan lose, the body decided to get used to the drugs just to spite me angry
(PMS rant!)

@omonikiba. Lol at your message to Obama! FXed for you that this month is the month of your miracle!

@heknowsmyname. Happy two week wait! Hope dh doesn't mind? My dh told me that am making nyanga with my bory!I had to explain dat we need to wait and see if it clicked even though we missed the time the doctor gave us. His reply b4 filing away the mantle of leadership was that what if its the last one we do b4 af that will seal the deal...I pray dear Lord that we do not calculate wrongly in this ttc waka!

@Rocksqueen. Left to dh, he wants to babydance till af shows(i pray it dsnt dis time). All the best wt ur 2WW. May God grant our hearts' desires. Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Awww champs dear, am so excited for u. I can only image how u feel.

@rocksqueen, I think data smethng very common wit Metformin. Cos d same thng happend to me, wen I started metformin d drug dealt wit me but after a while I stopped feelin anythng.

@ebony13 n Udoka2, u both are funny. Sometimes I jst wish i'l go for my U/S n see 2 heartbeats.

@heknowsmyname gud luck to u, ur def in my prayers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
udoka2: congrats Champs..hurray!! mama na boy!!! (courtesy of mtn advert), who will give us team PINK, so we can marry them on NL tongue. Happy for u dear, how time flies!

udoka2: congrats Champs..hurray!! mama na boy!!! (courtesy of mtn advert), who will give us team PINK, so we can marry them on NL tongue. Happy for u dear, how time flies!

Udosky haba why u dey talk like this that's why am here now trust pinky to give una PINK
congrats jare Champs
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Knetpro(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
Arlington: Hello everyone,

I wanted to start this for women who are still waiting for a child, who have tried for a long time, have suffered miscarriages, still births  and  are trying to find alternative ways of having a child.

In our culture it is really difficult to talk about this as people are ashamed or don't know who to trust  and are just generally confused. I have suffered 2 miscarriages and i am still on this journey i believe that i will  smileybe a mother some day.

We believe in Nigeria after 2 years  and no child you have major issues especially from your village but i know that is not always true.

So please come in let us support one another we can pray together, share ideas  seek advice and get advice  and travel this road together dont suffer in silence don't cry alone anymore let us help each other, until the day we carry our bundle of joy.
(My own bundle of joy was born December 2010 nothing is impossible with God)

When I read this post today, I derived so much encouragement from it. It only goes to confirm what I have believed all these years about children and childbearing.

I am happy for you that your prayers have eventually been answered. Though you did not say how long you waited before God answered your prayer, it is your firm belief that has worked for you. Congratulations! Other women in the same condition can learn a lot from your personal experience and your positive attitude during the period of your childlessness.

Indeed, the Bible is right all the time about not being anxious about anything at all. Hence, all childless married couples should stick to themselves during the trialsome period and also hold on to their God to see them through it all.

Fittingly, the following article sheds light on the numerous challenges that childless married couples face and gives practical suggestions on how to overcome them. The article is strongly recommended for all childless married couples. To read the article, go here ===>>> Childless Married Couples - The Sadness And Pains They Endure... And How to Overcome Them
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2012
Goodmorning fruitful ladies, I have been laughing myself with joy as i try to catch up with the pages,

@Champs oh am so happy for u, ur excitement gives me encouragement,

@mamaT where u day na, long time hope u r good just checking on u.

@all our eleven hour is here just get ready for it, my dh bought some herbal mixture to shrink d fibroid hv been drinking since tuesday and on fruits only and water, will be on it for like two weeks befor i scan again. its not easy oooooooo ha but am feeling better by d day, I will try knackson wen i feel o if not my mine no dey for there oo. I handle everything to my God of eleven hour.

Have a very blessed day **hugs** and **Kissesssss)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by memyselfandI: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2012
@all,hope you are all good? preggy mamas, how are your Lo doing?

Nothing much has been happenning to me o! I believe God is in control. My Doc wants me to see him as regards my progress with the pills. Hopefully, he might tell me to stop the pills at the end of the month cheesy

Please can someone advise me on how to wake up in the midnight and pray? I really would love to but i sleep as early as a chicken and if you wake me, you are on your own undecided. I want to partake in midnight prayers please.

Two days ago, i had a dream in which i was in my cousin's house and i saw my late grandmother bringing so many tubers of yam. My cousin and her mum were trying to take the yams when my grandmother scolded them that all the yams belong to me that she bought them for me and that afterall they have more than enough in their kitchen.
This particular cousin and her mum in real life are very covetous so i dont know what to make of these dream.

Baby dust to all. Jesus, we trust in you!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2012
Pink22:

Udosky haba why u dey talk like this that's why am here now trust pinky to give una PINK
congrats jare Champs
seem me, i dey go sokoto to look for wetin dey our sokoto here, make 11th hr miracle locate u sharp sharp, no more delay!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 10:26am On Nov 08, 2012
The I am that I am, ancient of days, living stone, morning star, lily of the valley, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I bless ur name

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 10:51am On Nov 08, 2012
wonyi: The I am that I am, ancient of days, living stone, morning star, lily of the valley, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I bless ur name
This one you are praising in parables, abi e don enter? Meennnnn, this month testimony, who is coming first?

@mamatriplet, this one you have been away, I hope you will resume to tell us the knacking front, back Centre, side n bend done goal?

November has brought us so many testimonies. Wait for mine and am waiting for yours too.

@all those aloting team blue or pink, make una no worry, either pink or blue, they are God given.

Am praying we have more than two bfp this month, let this month be better than all other months, at least looking @ ten bfp, it will be a harvest of miracles.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stevade(f): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2012
honeychild: Thanks alwaystrue and seanbell for the welcome.
@ shiloh may God grant u d wisdom to make the best decision about ur further treatment options. I am sure ur faith is even stronger with this new challenge.
@all a little bit about myself.
Age 35
TTC for 6 yrs.
I have hormonal imbalance. I have extremely low FSH, LH and estradiol. My progesterone is also quite low. I have only experienced .AF two or three times in my teens. All other times, I was induced.
I have tried the ovulatn induction three times with pergonal and other HMG brands. Two times I had OHSS. Very severe. I thought I would die. The third time my Dr reduced the dosage and I failed to respond. After that I got discouraged and stayed without any treatment for two yrs. Now I am ready to try again. I don't really know where to start from b/c my last Dr told me my only hope is IVF. I rejected that b/c my tubes were patent and my DH .SA was very good. I felt he was encouraging me to IVF just for the money. But now I don't know anymore. Age is not on my side.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stevade(f): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2012
@honeychild, i am of d same age wt u i have been ttc for many yrs i did fibriod surgery last yr june after series of test but now did body test through analizing machine which says my progesterone is low.one thing i know is dat we must not get tired of what we are looking for,look for another Dr nd start d journey again u know age is not on our side so u need not to relent on your effort nd i know dat our heaven is going to open,very soon we will carry our babies IJN Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2012
@honeychild and stevade,
Hormonal imbalance is a small thing, as already advised by many here, pls start afresh, if its still hormonal imbalance, then no wahala, its easily treated with right food and vitamins +prayers. I was there, but now its all history. All the days of our hard service, we will wait till our change comes! dont be worried dear, age is number, am one year older than u, ttc 5+, dont get bothered with age abegi, it will happen. do what u can and leave God's part for HIM.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stevade(f): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
@ udoka thanks for ur words of encouragement, i really appreciate u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
udoka2:
seem me, i dey go sokoto to look for wetin dey our sokoto here, make 11th hr miracle locate u sharp sharp, no more delay!

Amiooooooooooo Jesu
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
@memyselfandI, some pages back someone said yams symbolizes children.
Starting to wake up at night is not easy, but God will make it easy for you.
Start by having a light dinner or early dinner, sleep early and set your alarm. When your alarm rings, do not hit snooze. Before you sleep, tell yourself and your God that you want to wake up to pray. It might take u a while to get up from bed, but don't worry your spirit would be fighting to get up as long as that's your intention.
If this doesn't work, drink a lot of water before bed, so when you wake up to pee, you pray. If you are really drowsy when you get up, brush your teeth (it brings blood to your brain and you become alert)
The more times you wake up, the easier it becomes. There will come a time when you won't need your alarm clock, your spirit will wake you up before your alarm does.
Good luck and baby dust to you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PRETTYMOMMA: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hello Ladies of God.My prayer for us is that the Lord will crown our efforts with glory in the mighty name of Jesus.
I have been following this thread and I cannot stop saying how much I have been blessed by what is going on here.

I will tell a bit about myself later but I am looking up to God for answered prayers. I have been married for about two years now....no confirmed pregnancy(>>>we all suspect chemical now and then but......<<<wink cheesy

Anyway I love a lot of you like sisters even though we have never met! I pray the Lord will do it speedily for all of us! I have hormonal issues and am on drugs.....God is my strength!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by memyselfandI: 6:42am On Nov 09, 2012
@beloved1993, thanks so much for the recommendation, i would put it into practice.

Babydust to you too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by july16th: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2012
Beloved1993 wetin happen?na fight? You no reply my mail oh. I go pray for quadriplets for you like them mamatriplets dey do oh. Lols. How is everyone doing? Thank God Its Friday! Cheers all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2012
@prettymomia...u ar welcome. it's ur season of divine visitation.get ready for ur testimony
@all...baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PRETTYMOMMA: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2012
Chi16: @prettymomia...u ar welcome. it's ur season of divine visitation.get ready for ur testimony
@all...baby dust

Thanks chi16.

Please I have a question. I have been on Parlodel den Bromegon for two months now (all brands of bromocrptine).
I also take metformin.
Last month I was given a shot of Pregnyl to make me ovulate. Now my period is late by a couple of days and I will be going for a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.
Should I stop taking the bromocrptine and metformin incase am pregnant?
Last night I POAS and saw two lines on the hpt but I want to take a blood test since I was given Pregnly.
What do you advise?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2012
@ Prettymomma! Welcome and congrats!!!!! The pregnyl cannot stay in your body that long,since you said you have missed your period! You can continue with the metformin but i think you can stop the bromocriptine now. Congrats again!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 11:36am On Nov 09, 2012
@prettymomma,
Congrats dear, am sure you are preggy. As ebony said continue with the Metformin, but the bromo, l have read abt people who took it till the end of 1st trimester, l read it helps to prevent miscarriage. The argument is that, if it helps to increase the dopamine in the brain which invariably increases the progesterone and lowers the prolactin, so when u stop it, it also stop doing as l said earlier. And progesterone is important factor in early pregancy.
During my last pg, immediately l confirmed pg by blood test, doc asked me to stop it, l wont say it caused the miscarriage, but personally l will advice wait till u hear from ur doc on what to do. it wont do u any harm should you confirm pregant. Though my hormones have balanced up, l will advice waning off it instead of suddenly stopping it, this is what l will do if am in ur shoes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PRETTYMOMMA: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2012
ebony13: @ Prettymomma! Welcome and congrats!!!!! The pregnyl cannot stay in your body that long,since you said you have missed your period! You can continue with the metformin but i think you can stop the bromocriptine now. Congrats again!

Reallyyyyyyyy!!!!!!OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! shocked
Oh Dear Lord, please make this dream a reality for me IJN!!!
I have been so scared blood testing, didn't want to hear 'false positive'
Thank you so so much for this encouragement.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PRETTYMOMMA: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2012
udoka2: @prettymomma,
Congrats dear, am sure you are preggy. As ebony said continue with the Metformin, but the bromo, l have read abt people who took it till the end of 1st trimester, l read it helps to prevent miscarriage. The argument is that, if it helps to increase the dopamine in the brain which invariably increases the progesterone and lowers the prolactin, so when u stop it, it also stop doing as l said earlier. And progesterone is important factor in early pregancy.
During my last pg, immediately l confirmed pg by blood test, doc asked me to stop it, l wont say it caused the miscarriage, but personally l will advice wait till u hear from ur doc on what to do. it wont do u any harm should you confirm pregant. Though my hormones have balanced up, l will advice waning off it instead of suddenly stopping it, this is what l will do if am in ur shoes.

Thank you udoka and ebony....you don't know what your words mean to me. I will explain in a short while. But as you are declaring that am pregnant, I decree and declare that you will get your bfps this month too IJN!
Same for all the other waiting mommys. I will not be the only one pregnant, we will be many that will celebrate this month in the mighty name of Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
amen ooooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
AMEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Welcome Prettymomma u r preggy, its confirmed and seal with the blood of Jesus

I tap toooo

Congrats again

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
@july16th, I have replied your mail. Sorry for the late reply.

Congrats to prettymama!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kaynee: 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ PrettyMomma Just be rejoicing and relax God has done it and thankyou so much for opening this new month with positive news. Oya more BFP.... starting with me, yeahhhhh. I will update you gals with a positive news soon. I am in my 2ww now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.