Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,662 members, 7,854,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5441855 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kaynee: Morning ladies. Please for sometimes now, my husband feels a sort of milky secretion from my boobs. Could it mean dat my prolactin levels are high? Can fertilaid sort this out? Please Seanbell and other ladies I need answers. Any herbal remedy?

@Kaynee. I have d same dilema, i have milk coming out of my breasts when pressed, i aasumed it was due to high prolactin, did a test it was normal but before i ran d tests i had been on fertilaid for about 2mnths but i didnt check the prolactin level b4 i started fertilaid. I still checked this morning and the secretion is still coming out though i stopped fertilaid for a while because the doctor placed me on clomid and instructions say not to use fertilaid with clomid make i no go born 7 at once.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
The condition of having milky secretion from bre ast is called galactorrhea and one of the causes is hyperprolactinemia. There are other causes of ni pple discharge though even infections but the color would be different.

Kanyee many people have taken vitex..i cannot say ,uch on this because i don't really like herbal medication due to the fact that dosage is not monitored to my satisfaction.However,it has worked for many.Why don't you go to your gyne?
Don't know anything about fertilaid,i'm sure others who have taken it will come and give advice.Cheers.

heknowsmyname,the more you squeeze,the more it comes out my sister.The first thing you are told to do is Stop squeezing.You know how suckling by a baby causes the mother to produce more br east milk?that's also what happens in hyperprolactinemia..as the medication works,the prolactin levels reduce and the secretion should stop.For some people,once you stop your medication,the prolactin levels increase again..so that's what could be happening.

shiloh,
be careful with the herbs ooooo!! i take God dey beg you my sister..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
Shiloh darl,

i didn't say no herbs oo just be careful and double sure of the one you are taking!! shocked grin It works for people but its just not for me.I haven't ever tried..Just do what is best for you as long as you and DH are on the same page.And please visit that your gyne to know what options are available.I know IVF is really expensive,just be saving up,small time you'll get there.You may gather the money and BAM belle go enter before the time sef.It is well with you my dear.

@ ALL
Blood tests are back,i'm anemic..I guess i'll have to start eating vegetables angry undecided

baby dust and knackson..May the Lord answer us!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hey ladies, I can see u all are doin very well. Nuttin much has been happening wit me which is why I dnt write much anymore cos i dnt want draw too much attention to myself. But I've been prayin wit you all, and keepin my faith alive n believing dat thr wil b an out pour of God's blessings on everyone in his waiting room.

I had my anti natal 2day, am 16weeks now n baby is doin very well n evrythng is fine...i stil cant thank God enuf. Dr says i shuld b able to find out d sex of baby by my next appt in 3weeks n i honestly cant wait. I stil get scared n nervous b4 evry U/S, but I thank God it's been n easy road so far.

To all d Peggy mamas, how una dey?

@ Seanbell, I thot they jst gve u iron pills if ur anemic? My sister is always anemic wen she's pregnant n dats what her Dr gives her.
Good luck wit eatin ur veggies tho dat culd work too. I thot I wuld b anemic actually cos it seems to run in my family, my mum says she was anemic wen pregnant wit all 4 of us n my sister was anemic wit her 2 pregnancies as well.

@udoka2, how's fertilaid workin out for u? Hope ur stil on it.

@ebony13, how u dey dear? Are u stil on metformin n fertilaid?

@rocksqueen, I knw ur on metformin hope it's not tretinh u too harshly. Funny enuf I jst stopped metformin last week oo. I didn't even ask my Dr, I jst stopped it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hebrew woman:
@rocksqueen, I knw ur on metformin hope it's not tretinh u too harshly. Funny enuf I jst stopped metformin last week oo. I didn't even ask my Dr, I jst stopped it.

Hi preggy mama.. Nice of u drop by. 16weeks already? Funny how time flies. In no time it will be 40weeks and your LO will be here smiley
Yes I am still on Metformin and bromocriptine. The drug no dey do me anything..e be like say my blood get odeshi!

It makes me wonder whether its even working sef undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by demmykay: 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hello all,to all in the waiting room, the Lord will give you the eleventh hour miracle IJN. pls hebrew woman and seanbell wat can one use for dis anemia issue. My sis has been battling wit this for d past 2months. She ws placed on astpher which has iron but her pcv test stil 30. Pls wat iron supplement do u know dat can help her out? I will appreciate ur response. Tanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hebrewwoman,
My mom always became anaemic with each pregnancy.they said they believe it's nutritional for now,so i have to bump up iron from other sources,meat,milk,fruits and veggies angry. for now.I hate milk and the thought of eating meat now makes me want to barf but i have to try.
16 weeks?wow time flies.congrats oo!!

demmykay,
My dear,when i find out,i'll let you know cos i have no idea.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by honeychild(f): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks alwaystrue and seanbell for the welcome.
@ shiloh may God grant u d wisdom to make the best decision about ur further treatment options. I am sure ur faith is even stronger with this new challenge.
@all a little bit about myself.
Age 35
TTC for 6 yrs.
I have hormonal imbalance. I have extremely low FSH, LH and estradiol. My progesterone is also quite low. I have only experienced .AF two or three times in my teens. All other times, I was induced.
I have tried the ovulatn induction three times with pergonal and other HMG brands. Two times I had OHSS. Very severe. I thought I would die. The third time my Dr reduced the dosage and I failed to respond. After that I got discouraged and stayed without any treatment for two yrs. Now I am ready to try again. I don't really know where to start from b/c my last Dr told me my only hope is IVF. I rejected that b/c my tubes were patent and my DH .SA was very good. I felt he was encouraging me to IVF just for the money. But now I don't know anymore. Age is not on my side.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
@rocksqueen it's workin na. Shebi u were complaining of d side effects b4, I believe ur body jst got used to d drug but dat doesn't meant its not working.
My dear sometimes I feel like I must hve lost count but yes oo, 16 weeks n I gve God all d glory.

@seanbell ok I get it. Oya start eatin all those thngs dat hve iron. U knw plantain has iron too, so u can add dat to ur diet but Its d unriped am sure of, one not sure wt d riped one contains. My dear time really flies oo, really lookin 4ward to finding out d sex of d baby.

@demmykay, am not sure wat iron supplement is gud in Nigeria, mayb she shuld ask a Dr in case d one shes takin isn't gud enuf or unless she's not takin d required daily dosage.. Smetimes i dnt trust buyin drugs in Nigeria unless am sure of d pharmacy. I jst knw dat if ur anaemic ur prescribed iron supplements which most pple hate cos it causes constipation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
@honeychild, am sure d very knowledgeable ladies on dis thread wil respond to ur concern but lemme jst chip in d little I knw. U took a break for 2yrs and now dat ur ready here's wat I suggest....a lot of thngs culd hve happend in 2yrs so u need to see a gud obgyn and run those tests again dat wil help u knw exactly wat problem u want to tackle or wat ur up against. Ur Dh shuld also get tested as well.
If u run d tests n hormonal imbalance is d only problem u have then its very treatable as lots of ladies on dis thread hve or hve had dat issue. Personally I only hve low progesterone so I can only speak on dat based on personal experience. For dat u'l more dan likely b given progesterone supplements.
Another thng u mentioned is dat u hve irregular periods n u hve to induce. I have irregular period n always induced evry cycle until i started takin Fertilaid n dats wen I got my first period without drugs in mre dan a year. Fertilaid also helps wit hormonal imbalance generally so it's a drug u might want to think abt taking. Also keep in mind dat d way ur body reacted to drugs 2yrs ago might n diff 4rm d way they'll react now. But first thngs first, see a gud Dr and then take it 4rm thr. With lots of prayer u can overcome anythng.
Best of luck dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
@ Hebrew woman. Congrats on 16weeks! woohoo! how time flies! God is good. i am fine, still on metformin but not that regular and i dint get the fertilaid again coz we have decided to go for IUI,coz we are also dealing with male factor. So probably next month we would start that. I have a doctors appointment on friday though,so we would confirm from him when we can start. Good to know your baby is kicking fine. i am rooting for a boy for you o tongue wink
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
FXd for you ebony,how far for the detox?

Thanks infogenius [/b]for your kind words on this thread and encouraging us

Thanks [b]hebrewwoman
,working on it

Honeychild
Hebrew woman has said it all,your first port of call should be your gyne for reassessment..hormonal profile etc.It's time to get to it.Start from the scratch,change gyne if you don't trust the old one,find someone who will listen to you and address your fears.Get healthy,you and your DH should be exercising together and eating as much fruits and veggies as possible.A lot of people also take vitamins..
One step at a time dear but you have to start somewhere.35 isn't a joke,egg quality starts declining,even ivf chances reduce with increasing age.Do not panic though..let's find out what the hormone levels are and take it from there..
God is on the throne and he will always answer.
We are all rooting for you here.

Rocky,
Ibiakwa..which one is odeshi in your blood?you don turn isakabba? cheesy cheesy..I'm sure the medication is working my dear,your body has probably adjusted to the medication.Have you been doing blood tests to check the levels?That way the doctor will know whether to adjust your dosage.You'll be fine nne
I also felt the clomid i took wasn't working cos i felt no side effects at all..maybe our bodies are akpuruka undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by honeychild(f): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
[/b]Hebrew woman [b] and [/b]seanbell [b] thanks a lot for taking the time to respond to me.
@all please can anyone recommend a good fertility clinic in Port Harcourt please?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 6:39am On Nov 07, 2012
Pink22:

Transvaginal ultrasound, yes it can, not the normal u/sound

Thank you Pink22 for your response. I suppose the transvaginal should be the one that is inserted... lol.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 7:27am On Nov 07, 2012
@ebony13, I hve u in my prayers dear. Jst keep believing and God wil def surprise u.
Yes oo, I want a boy but mehn at dis point it doesn't even matter. I'l b jst as happy wit anyone.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2012
Good morning fruitful mamas.

@hebrewoman
congrats, u are almost there! am still on fertilaid, I cant really say where l am in my cycle, only watching and praying for the 11th hour miracle to locate us.

@champs, mstia and zenoj
update us once in a while how u are doing pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omonikiba(f): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2012
@Udoka, it is well, the eleventh hour miracle will surely locate you this season, it is when we least expect that miracles surface.

@Ebony, I wish you success as you plan and execute, God will direct your path to it, you might even be visited by God before then.

@champs, how body ooo,I love the way you are practical about BFP, ie sending pictures here of what you've got. Even if its not pics this time, just say hi.

@Zenoj, I sent you a mail but, I don't even know the thing just disappear, not in outbox not in sent items, huh, I even resend again the same. Just to tell you how we have improved.

@honeyfave, I sent you a mail but am sure it wasn't delivered, as still on what we discussed.

@all, I give God all the glory, I ovulated CD12, the cram cram started CD9, peed on the stick on CD12 and it was positive on the opk. We did as expected, am trusting Jehovah for the expected miracle.

@Arly and others in the US, hug Obama for me.

Our God is an awesome God and He reigneth.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2012
SeanBell: The condition of having milky secretion from bre ast is called galactorrhea and one of the causes is hyperprolactinemia. There are other causes of ni pple discharge though even infections but the color would be different.

Kanyee many people have taken vitex..i cannot say ,uch on this because i don't really like herbal medication due to the fact that dosage is not monitored to my satisfaction.However,it has worked for many.Why don't you go to your gyne?
Don't know anything about fertilaid,i'm sure others who have taken it will come and give advice.Cheers.

heknowsmyname,the more you squeeze,the more it comes out my sister.The first thing you are told to do is Stop squeezing.You know how suckling by a baby causes the mother to produce more br east milk?that's also what happens in hyperprolactinemia..as the medication works,the prolactin levels reduce and the secretion should stop.For some people,once you stop your medication,the prolactin levels increase again..so that's what could be happening.

shiloh,

Thank you Seanbell, yes i am aware of that. Had a transvaginal scan ydy CD 12 after being placed on 100mg clomid for 5days. Was given an injection to release the eggs advised to babydance ydy and 2rw and then wait to see what happens in 2weeks. grin

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2012
cd 10. pains al ova my tommy. am sure is not o because my mc is btw 32 and 33days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2012
@shiloh...is wel. i av u in my prayer

@hebwoman...kep on bouncing.

@all dis is our season of testimony.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uteh: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2012
Hi all, saw this, thought I should share:

LET GO AND LET GOD!

As children bring their broken toys

with tears for us to mend,

I brought my broken dreams to God,

because He was my friend.

But then, instead of leaving Him,

in peace, to work alone;

I hung around and tried to help,

with ways that were my own.

At last, I snatched them back and cried,

"How can you be so slow?"

"My child," He said,

"What could I do?

You never did let go."

- Author: Lauretta P. Burns

@ all, please has anybody used femara letrozole to stimulate ovulation before, does it delay ovulation and dry up cm?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by heknowsmyname: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
SeanBell: The condition of having milky secretion from bre ast is called galactorrhea and one of the causes is hyperprolactinemia. There are other causes of ni pple discharge though even infections but the color would be different.

shiloh,

@ Seanbell,

Thank you Seanbell, yes i am aware of that. Had a transvaginal scan ydy CD 12 after being placed on 100mg clomid for 5days. Was given an injection to release the eggs advised to babydance ydy and 2rw and then wait to see what happens in 2weeks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
@udoka2 and omonikiba,Thank you so much ladies for checking on me, you are such a darling!

Quick update:

We had our Gender scan earlier today(17 weeks), and my DH and I are so excited to announce that we are TEAM BLUE (BOY), I had a gut feeling he was,I'm so delighted.

@All that is still in God's waiting room,the 11th hour miracle will surely locate you ,there shall be enough BFP testimonies this month. You are all in my prayers,Lots of sticky babydust to you all.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
congrats Champs..hurray!! mama na boy!!! (courtesy of mtn advert), who will give us team PINK, so we can marry them on NL tongue. Happy for u dear, how time flies!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2012
@champs.. Congrats o! Up chelsea! Lol!
Am happy for you and to know that all is well with u and lo.

@seanbell/hebrew woman. I tire for the tin...at first the drugs sent me to latrine tire! I dey happy for the back of my mind say I wan start to lose weight. Den nothing....nothing!!!!! undecided just because I dey rejoice for fat wey I wan lose, the body decided to get used to the drugs just to spite me angry
(PMS rant!)

@omonikiba. Lol at your message to Obama! FXed for you that this month is the month of your miracle!

@heknowsmyname. Happy two week wait! Hope dh doesn't mind? My dh told me that am making nyanga with my bory!I had to explain dat we need to wait and see if it clicked even though we missed the time the doctor gave us. His reply b4 filing away the mantle of leadership was that what if its the last one we do b4 af that will seal the deal...I pray dear Lord that we do not calculate wrongly in this ttc waka!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ Ominikiba and Hebrew woman tanks darls!

@ Hebrew woman and Ipio, the detox is going fine o,i dnt even know how long I'm supposed to do the detox thing.

@ Champs! Woohoo! Congrats dear! I'm so happy for you!!!! Team BlUE! Udoka na u go give us girl o, den my own and Hebrew woman,u get?lol! wink grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ebony
l can see u are looking for a fine girl for ur boy grin. am rooting for u that ur first IUI will work IJN. this is our year of harvest of BFPs and LOs tongue!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Thanks, udoka2,RocksQueen,Ebony13,Thanks Ladies kiss kiss! I Can't stop laughing grin,Ebony13,na ur Team Pink i dey wait for now oh after your IUI,I know say Udoka na 2 Team Blue she wan take start tongue.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ Udoka and Champs amen o! I want one team Pink and one team blue wink. @ Champs please i need a favor o,pls can u give me a rundown of your IUI cost with ubth? I dnt know if nairaland wld let you post it,preferable mail it to me. Thanks dear you're a darling! I must come for baby dedication o,i cnt b in this Benin and miss out on the rice grin ! cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
Amen to the eleventh hour miracle

champs: @udoka2 and omonikiba,Thank you so much ladies for checking on me, you are such a darling!

Quick update:

We had our Gender scan earlier today(17 weeks), and my DH and I are so excited to announce that we are TEAM BLUE (BOY), I had a gut feeling he was,I'm so delighted.

@All that is still in God's waiting room,the 11th hour miracle will surely locate you ,there shall be enough BFP testimonies this month. You are all in my prayers,Lots of sticky babydust to you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.