Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5419360 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wowfairy(f): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2017
miracletoday:
Greetings to every mama in d house. I pray God honours us and speedily answer our prayers. I am new here,tho I v been following d thread since d beginning of d year. I need ur help,cos now I feel so suicidal and helpless,like I shd just run away. I v been TTC for a long while,i v just been praying and hoping all is well,dont want to bliev it will come to this. Hmmm hubby is always angry i use to read this thread sef. I was working in lag before, nice job, good pay;hubby is just managing. I had to resign to join DH in kwara Sept last year,thinking maybe our intercourse timing is d issue and in-laws are beginning to call and say it to my face. Forgive me for telling u stories that is not your own. I m just tired. I have less saving left, cos i ve been doing lots of family projects and now no job to make matter worse. I even regretted leaving my job.
My question is this, can I start doing test n my own without going to hospital(d hospitals around are not pocket friendly)
If I can, pls what tests shd I do,and pls help me state cost involved. I want to plan for d battle.
hi dear histreasure has given you the basic tests you can conduct I am in ilorin kwara state so if you don't mind we can share ideas especially on good places to get the tests done. Don't worry too much may God answer us all speedlily.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2017
futuremoma34:

Lol...me I think dy should stop selling that drug called clomid...it has done more harm..i used clomid for two cycle it gav me cyst and big fibroid...I was operated to remove cyst and submucosal fibroid..its four months after the surgery..uptil now hv not tak in...O God help us all TTC no easy ooo
Did the doctor says the only remendy to cyst was operation?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by unique55: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
good day my able momas, baby dust to all of us. pls I want to start taking Serrapeptase and I read in some places that you should start with low dosage and increase gradually while others say otherwise. pls people that hav used it should tell me how they used it and got bfp. may God give us testimony soonest
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gloriaakin24(f): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
miracletoday:
Greetings to every mama in d house. I pray God honours us and speedily answer our prayers. I am new here,tho I v been following d thread since d beginning of d year. I need ur help,cos now I feel so suicidal and helpless,like I shd just run away. I v been TTC for a long while,i v just been praying and hoping all is well,dont want to bliev it will come to this. Hmmm hubby is always angry i use to read this thread sef. I was working in lag before, nice job, good pay;hubby is just managing. I had to resign to join DH in kwara Sept last year,thinking maybe our intercourse timing is d issue and in-laws are beginning to call and say it to my face. Forgive me for telling u stories that is not your own. I m just tired. I have less saving left, cos i ve been doing lots of family projects and now no job to make matter worse. I even regretted leaving my job.
My question is this, can I start doing test n my own without going to hospital(d hospitals around are not pocket friendly)
If I can, pls what tests shd I do,and pls help me state cost involved. I want to plan for d battle.

my sister it's well with u am also in long distance marriage but in my own case I work in Kwara, not in ilorin and my husband is a military man I was thinking of living my job 2 month ago but my husband was transferred to maduguri from his base in ogun state last month so leaving my job now is out of options for me. SIS ur chance of conceiving now is higher than when u were apart all u need to do now is to relax u mind as much as possible and go for necessary test at a government hospital. Av started going to teaching hospital in oke Oyi in ilorin for few months now their service is cheaper, good and they av gynecoloist but time consuming so u av be very patient with them. it will all end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gloriaakin24(f): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
wowfairy:
hi dear histreasure has given you the basic tests you can conduct I am in ilorin kwara state so if you don't mind we can share ideas especially on good places to get the tests done. Don't worry too much may God answer us all speedlily.
Good morning ma please can u recommend where I can do painless Hsg in ilorin thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ladyflora(f): 1:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain:
Hi mamas,I've been a silent follower of this thread since April this year, was diagnosed with PID(staph aures) and high prolactin. I got my BFP today.Am so grateful to God.
congratulations...you shall carry to term in Jesus Name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Zino89: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain:
Tanx to all mum that cheer with me, on my WIDD, it all started before I got married.We started trying since Jan this yr up till when I married in April, after wedding I joined this thread and learnt that I should seek medical help, I found a good gynecology around my area, did all the necessary test.I was diagnosed with high prolactin and staph aures, Bromocriptine was prescribed to me for high pro and some antibiotics for, staph, I took this bromocriptine from late may till today that I got my BFP at 5wks.Meanwhile after June AF I increased my water intake to more than 6 litres per day, took evening primrose from cd1 to cd10, ovulation tracking on cd13 with follicle of 18mm, bd from cd13-cd20, took vil b6 and folic acid from cd15 till I missed AF. Tested 7 days later with BFP. Tnk God. I pray that each of every one of us will get there BFP from now till 2 months IJN.
congrats dearie
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ogeify: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please who knows the best ovulation predictor kit available in Nigeria. Had a miscarriage January this year and since then my cycle have not been steady. I am looking for the best ovulation predictor kit to use.

I was told that predicte is not reliable.
Suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain:
Hi mamas,I've been a silent follower of this thread since April this year, was diagnosed with PID(staph aures) and high prolactin. I got my BFP today.Am so grateful to God.

Congrats H&H 9months dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
miracletoday:
Don't let it get to you am nit saying its easy
I left my job nd career for ttc at some point i felt i was going to die cos of all the wahala. Got to a point me nd dh almost parted because of troubles but guess what? Less than two months after our Almighty fight God showed forth.
Be still for your miracle is here already.
Baby dust

@ mama Fpeter no be so we been talk am o
Mummykyrti, how is you?
Chrissyjay, you nkor?
Orney baebae kiss
Loisemm, your moniker keep ringing in my giant head. This brings me to my uni days when my bunk mate used to call me madam head. I go look mirror tire i nearly go buy hijab grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain:
I took 50mg 1×2 daily, but hv reduce it to 50mg for now.

OK. thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain:
Congratulations Mumagain. God who has begun this good work in you will bring it to perfection.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ogeify:
Please who knows the best ovulation predictor kit available in Nigeria. Had a miscarriage January this year and since then my cycle have not been steady. I am looking for the best ovulation predictor kit to use.

I was told that predicte is not reliable.
Suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Clearblue digital is accurate and easy to read. Just follow the instructions to the letter.
creamylicious:
Good evening my sisters. trust ur day was good..... MY leg dey swell from okada burn since monday.... What can be done to reduce d swelling please??
Sorry about your leg dear. Don't know about the swelling, but try using honey or aloe vera so it doesn't look bad.

@miracletoday, don't know what to say. Only sending a prayer to God to take away the stress and turn things around for your good speedily.

@ iamhistreasure I join my faith with yours that God will turn every pain to joy, and give us double for our trouble.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wowfairy(f): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
Happy weekend sisters pls help me with suggestions on how to get rid of milky white slightly smelly discharge.no pain,no itching just this annoying discharge I have noticed it staryts any time I have intercourse with my husband and it will continue.I have treated pid 3times and staph after hvs showed moderate growth of staph for both my husband and I.both orthodox and herbal I have inserted garlic tire,I don't know what to do.is dere any way of testing for infection maybe there is an hidden one? Sorryforlongpost
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wowfairy(f): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
Good morning ma please can u recommend where I can do painless Hsg in ilorin thanks
hello ma,I don't know about pain less my sister but they do it at Olaolu hospital,teaching hospital and i think Harmony diagnosis centre asadam
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MumTT: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good evening, mummies and daddies. I hope we had a good day. It is advised that before taking drugs, one should read the leaflet even if you've been taking it in the past. There might be additions or subtractions.

Clomid leaflet clearly states that:

1. One should go for a scan before taking it. If cysts or fibroid is found, it should not be taken.

2. After a treatment of clomid, one should go for a scan again to check if the ovaries are enlarged. If they are, they should be allowed to return to normal size before taking the drug again. Also reduce the dosage.

3. Scans should be done after a few days of completing the dosage, especially if there's pelvic pain.

4. Clomid should not be taken for more than three cycles back to back.

5. Dosage shouldn't exceed 100mg daily.

I believe if we follow these rules, we won't have problems though bodies differ. That's why it is said one shouldn't take the drug without been monitored by a doctor.

Please let's be guided.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MumTT: 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mumagain, congratulations. It is permanent in Jesus name.

Towerofgrace, sorry, no idea.
creamylicious, iamhistreasure, miracletoday, it is well with you all.

Mamas, I hope we've brought out our church clothes and ironed them for tomorrow. Please let's be encouraged to go to church. I resumed last week and realized I'd missed a lot. My dreams showed me I'd taken a giant step backward by not praying and going to church and being angry with God while devil dey clap. So please let's start going. Who look us, we look them back. Who turn us to prayer point, make we turn them too (some people actually mean well) After all, we are not there for them. There's a spiritual covering the church gives that we are not aware of. I know its not easy but please let's try. If possible change church sef. Lastly, we never can tell who God wants to use to help us. Hubby came home a few days ago to tell me that God clearly showed him in a vision that HE has given our pastor the grace to break the yoke of barrenness in our lives and two other couples TTC. Pastor wey I dey beef o. I have retraced my steps. Its also through a member of the church I got my present job.

So please, let's try our best to ignore all eyes and mouths on our bodies and focus only on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Sorry for the long post.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulnathia(f): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
goodeveing all

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gloriaakin24(f): 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
wowfairy:
hello ma,I don't know about pain less my sister but they do it at Olaolu hospital,teaching hospital and i think Harmony diagnosis centre asadam

OK ma thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DonaTee(f): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
creamylicious:
Good evening my sisters. trust ur day was good..... MY leg dey swell from okada burn since monday.... What can be done to reduce d swelling please??

original honey. Elevate your legs while sitting or lying down
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by creamylicious(f): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
DonaTee:

original honey. Elevate your legs while sitting or lying down
thanks maam
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by creamylicious(f): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
MumTT:

creamylicious, iamhistreasure, mumtoday, it is well with you all.

Mamas, I hope we've brought out our church clothes and ironed them for tomorrow. Please let's be encouraged to go to church. I resumed last week and realized I'd missed a lot. My dreams showed me I'd taken a giant step backward by not praying and going to church and being angry with God while devil dey clap. So please let's start going. Who look us, we look them back. Who turn us to prayer point, make we turn them too (some people actually mean well) After all, we are not there for them. There's a spiritual covering the church gives that we are not aware of. I know its not easy but please let's try. If possible change church sef. Lastly, we never can tell who God wants to use to help us. Hubby came home a few days ago to tell me that God clearly showed him in a vision that HE has given our pastor the grace to break the yoke of barrenness in our lives and two other couples TTC. Pastor wey I dey beef o. I have retraced my steps. Its also through a member of the church I got my present job.

So please, let's try our best to ignore all eyes and mouths on our bodies and focus only on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Sorry for the long post.
amin ooooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by creamylicious(f): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=Cuppymummy post=58490778] Sorry about your leg dear. Don't know about the swelling, but try using honey or aloe vera so it doesn't look bad.

Thanks maam
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DonaTee(f): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
wowfairy:
Happy weekend sisters pls help me with suggestions on how to get rid of milky white slightly smelly discharge.no pain,no itching just this annoying discharge I have noticed it staryts any time I have intercourse with my husband and it will continue.I have treated pid 3times and staph after hvs showed moderate growth of staph for both my husband and I.both orthodox and herbal I have inserted garlic tire,I don't know what to do.is dere any way of testing for infection maybe there is an hidden one? Sorryforlongpost

likely moderate candida growth. Do try and test. If it is then u n ur dh should take fluconazole caps 150m.g once.....each. then u insert mycoten vag.inal tab or cream every night for 6 days
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
mommatriplets:
@yettybaby112...good ur result says patent tubes..ur hormonal profile is a little decent too.
pls how much did you pay for hormonal profile?...they are calling 50k for me o...i just weak.
these labs are not smiling o

@echoscan the full hormonal profile is 15k

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DonaTee(f): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Congrats to all who got their bfps. Congrats to all whose bfp is about to manifest.

Lets hold onto God. Lets not giv up. Some have lost vital organs yet God still blesses them with bfps. So let's still find a reason to worship n thnk God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iamhistreasure: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
Cuppymummy:
Clearblue digital is accurate and easy to read. Just follow the instructions to the letter. Sorry about your leg dear. Don't know about the swelling, but try using honey or aloe vera so it doesn't look bad.

@miracletoday, don't know what to say. Only sending a prayer to God to take away the stress and turn things around for your good speedily.

@ iamhistreasure I join my faith with yours that God will turn every pain to joy, and give us double for our trouble.

Amen, thanks Cuppymummy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iamhistreasure: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
MumTT:

creamylicious, iamhistreasure, mumtoday, it is well with you all.

Sorry for the long post.
Thank sis, I feel better now
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Iamajoyfulmothe: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2017
For those wanting to confirm ovulation via progesterone test, pls let's be sure we're doing it right. CD21 is not a universal standard. It should be done about 7 days after ovulation

Found this online:

When is the best time to check progesterone levels?
That depends on when you ovulate. The day 21 blood test is supposed to check your progesterone levels at the time when they should be at their peak. In a 28-day cycle with ovulation on day 14, progesterone levels will be at their peak around day 21.

But what if you don’t ovulate on day 14? If you ovulate, say, on day 22, then a day 21 blood test will show very low levels of progesterone. In this case, a day 29 blood test will give you a much more accurate picture of your true progesterone levels.

How to talk to your doctor
Hopefully, you have a great doctor who works with you to make sure that progesterone testing is done at the appropriate time in your cycle. But if your doctor recommends day 21 testing without any information about when you ovulate, it’s time to advocate for yourself.

If you’re already tracking your cycle, then you should absolutely tell your doctor when you ovulate and how long your luteal phase usually is. If you’re not tracking your cycle, then consider using the temperature method just for the cycle when your doctor wants to test your progesterone levels, so you can make sure the test is done at the right time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miracletoday: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
I m highly honoured. thx for d great responses @iamhistreasure @wowfairy @tsquare @cuppymummy @curvillicious @gloriaakin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
Omojudy:

Did the doctor says the only remendy to cyst was operation?

It was during my fibroid operation..dy noticed I hv a very big cyst.from dia dy removed it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hannaspirit: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
[quote author=MumTT

.[/quote]
You are very correct. Went to church today after a long hiatus and my prayer was that God should minister to my soul. When My pastor started preaching, it was like he Was there cos of me. He said some bible passages that had me remembering iamhistreasure's post.
please find time to read these scriptures, hope it strengthens you as it did me.
Jer 31:17, Prov13:18, Ps18:2, Ps55:22, Ps105:4, Neh 8:10, ps 138:3, Ps 48:1, Isa 41:10, Ps 73:26, Isa 40:28-41, Isa 3:10, Ecc 8:12
Please read using NKJV or English standard version

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.