Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5404866 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anonymous29: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2019
2Ballz:

Shitapuns is right..
This may be another reason for an ovulation occurring later than expected i.e. if it were suppose to be now, it will show up with some days added to the former.

So it's not over till it is over.

Thanks...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2019
Anonymous29:

Thanks mama..... But is it possible to have ovulation cramps, ewcm and still not ovulate?

Cos I usually get that, even before being married.

In most cases, no.

If you experience all that, it's LIKELY you ovulated in that cycle. But the fail proof way to confirm is by folliculometry. That is follicular tracking.

Because in a few isolated cases, you can have well matured eggs in a cycle... that'd check all the boxes for growth (which will trigger all those symptoms you mentioned) but will fail to rupture at the last stage.

We call this Luteinized unruptured follicle (LUF) syndrome.

It is treated by HCG trigger injection.

Not for home use please. You'll need to be properly diagnosed by your doctor, your cycle monitored professionally and if need be, you'll be triggered.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anonymous29: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Jaymamma:

In most cases, no.

If you experience all that, it's LIKELY you ovulated in that cycle. But the fail proof way to confirm is by folliculometry. That is follicular tracking.

Because in a few isolated cases, you can have well matured eggs in a cycle... that'd check all the boxes for growth (which will trigger all those symptoms you mentioned) but will fail to rupture at the last stage.

We call this Luteinized unruptured follicle (LUF) syndrome.

It is treated by HCG trigger injection.

Not for home use please. You'll need to be properly diagnosed by your doctor, your cycle monitored professionally and if need be, you'll be triggered.

Thanks a lot mama.... Very explanatory. Bfp to us soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jaymamma: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2019
Anonymous29:

Thanks a lot mama.... Very explanatory. Bfp to us soonest.

Amen, you're welcome mama.

Lots of baby dust to us kiss

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olujanny: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2019
Olujanny:
Hello fruitful mamas. Please has anyone done HSG at Afriglobal? I've been referred there for HSG and Hormonal assay. I'm nervous I must admit. And they said I should come for the hormonal assay on CD21 only but I thought it should be CD3 and CD21. What was their service like especially for HSG? God bless us all.
Anyone please?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2019
Good morning fruitful mamas! Trust our we are doing good and fine. It is well with us. Today is the first day of my cycle.. hmmmm... I want to start ginger garlic combo though I haven't bought it yet but I will prepare it today. Please do I need to filter the combo after blending before I dilute and soak? Also, I didn't test for infection but I just want to give it a try. Please I need help with this. God bless you kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2019
Olujanny:

Anyone please?

CD 21 is for progesterone while CD 2 or 3 is for prolactin,FSH etc. But they are all homonal assay. You should them very well because they are all compulsory for your hormal assay test. You can't do one without the other unless your gyne says so.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olujanny: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2019
cherishyy:

CD 21 is for progesterone while CD 2 or 3 is for prolactin,FSH etc. But they are all homonal assay. You should them very well because they are all compulsory for your hormal assay test. You can't do one without the other unless your gyne says so.
Oh! Thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
cherishyy:
Good morning fruitful mamas! Trust our we are doing good and fine. It is well with us. Today is the first day of my cycle.. hmmmm... I want to start ginger garlic combo though I haven't bought it yet but I will prepare it today. Please do I need to filter the combo after blending before I dilute and soak? Also, I didn't test for infection but I just want to give it a try. Please I need help with this. God bless you kiss

The ginger garlic combo I know is not blended just chopped and soaked for 3 days and is supposed to be taken during your period, that means you should have prepared and soaked it 3 days ago.
Doing it now, by the time you give it 3 days of soaking your period will almost be over and if you start taking it by then it has a tendency of elongating your period (doesn't happen to everyone though).
It's very good for detoxification even if you haven't tested for infection
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by glorymill: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Olujanny:

Anyone please?
I did HSG, Hormonal Profile,( HVS, Urine M/S/C and Pelvic Scan) at Afriglobal (Ikeja branch) last month
Their services are ok.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LovethYem(f): 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
cherishyy:

You don't need to blend just soak it for three days and start taking it before meal and late light before bed time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olujanny: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
glorymill:

I did HSG, Hormonal Profile,( HVS, Urine M/S/C and Pelvic Scan) at Afriglobal (Ikeja branch) last month
Their services are ok.
Thanks sis. What day of your cycle was the hormonal profile done please?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
Truechic:

The ginger garlic combo I know is not blended just chopped and soaked for 3 days and is supposed to be taken during your period, that means you should have prepared and soaked it 3 days ago.

Doing it now, by the time you give it 3 days of soaking your period will almost be over and if you start taking it by then it has a tendency of elongating your period (doesn't happen to everyone though).

It's very good for detoxification even if you haven't tested for infection

Oh really? Thank you Mama. I appreciate your response
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
LovethYem:

You don't need to blend just soak it for three days and start taking it before meal and late light before bed time.
Thank you so much mama. I'm grateful
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by glorymill: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Olujanny:

Thanks sis. What day of your cycle was the hormonal profile done please?
I have a very irregular cycle(between 40 to 100days at times) so I was told I could do it anytime.
So in my case I could not follow the CD3 and CD21 rule.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
cherishyy:

U should have soaked it 3days ago but nevertheless, as ur period has already started, u can cook them instead of soaking. It also work but ensure u warm it whenever u want to take it. Some people even prefer cooking to soaking. U don't need to filter d combo whether soaked or boiled.
Good luck dear.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tripletwins222:

U should have soaked it 3days ago but nevertheless, as ur period has already started, u can cook them instead of soaking. It also work but ensure u warm it whenever u want to take it. Some people even prefer cooking to soaking. U don't need to filter d combo whether soaked or boiled.
Good luck dear.

Oh! Thank you Mama. Please can you explain the cooking method and how to preserve it. Sorry for my plenty disturbance embarassed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cutiereborn(f): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
Good day fruitful Mothers.
Please I have been having ulcer pains for 2wreks + now.
Someone suggested I buy unripe plantain, chop it up and put in a 4ltr keg and add water, leave to ferment for 3days and start taking a glass morning n night.
I have already bought, chopped up and soaked it before I remembered to ask-hope it won't negatively affect my TTC?
Thanks mama's & baby dust to all of us.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cutiereborn(f): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
cherishyy:

Oh! Thank you Mama. Please can you explain the cooking method and how to preserve it. Sorry for my plenty disturbance embarassed
For me, after washing the ginger bulb and peeled garlic, I just grate both Inside a pot, add water and allow to boil on heat. After it cools just a bit (still warm), sieve out, pour the water in a plastic bottle to warm up n drink when needed. Then keep the chaff sieved out in the fridge if I think it still has content, to boil again when I need before the week runs out.
HTH.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sarahdev00: 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Mavchi:
I am willing to give away cabergoline(dostinex) to 3 people dealing with high prolactin issues. I have 3 unused packs. Send me a private message if you are interested.
NOTE: Please only those who are in some kind of financial difficulty and cant afford it and are also active members of this forum should contact me.

Good day ma, have sent a pm but no response. Is there any other way to contact you or have you given the drug out?
Thank you
God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
cutiereborn:
Good day fruitful Mothers.
Please I have been having ulcer pains for 2wreks + now.
Someone suggested I buy unripe plantain, chop it up and put in a 4ltr keg and add water, leave to ferment for 3days and start taking a glass morning n night.
I have already bought, chopped up and soaked it before I remembered to ask-hope it won't negatively affect my TTC?
Thanks mama's & baby dust to all of us.
It shouldn't have a negative effect. But if you're so worried and want to be safe, take during the first 2 weeks of your cycle and stop after ovulation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cutiereborn(f): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
Fvine:

It shouldn't have a negative effect. But if you're so worried and want to be safe, take during the first 2 weeks of your cycle and stop after ovulation.
Thanks for your response.
However, my cycle is another thing entirely, very irregular, so I guess I would just take it cos the ulcer pains, is something else.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
cutiereborn:

For me, after washing the ginger bulb and peeled garlic, I just grate both Inside a pot, add water and allow to boil on heat. After it cools just a bit (still warm), sieve out, pour the water in a plastic bottle to warm up n drink when needed. Then keep the chaff sieved out in the fridge if I think it still has content, to boil again when I need before the week runs out.
HTH.

Thank you mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
Fvine:

Thank Jesus! Who am I seeing? Fvine! So good to read from you Mama. How have you been?

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
Fvine:

Whaoo
Good to see you
God bless you may Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olujanny: 8:35am On Mar 17, 2019
glorymill:

I have a very irregular cycle(between 40 to 100days at times) so I was told I could do it anytime.
So in my case I could not follow the CD3 and CD21 rule.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Cuppymummy:
Thank Jesus! Who am I seeing? Fvine! So good to read from you Mama. How have you been?
Am good. Happy to log in and post again.
Thanks @ Happymummy.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
cutiereborn:

Thanks for your response.
However, my cycle is another thing entirely, very irregular, so I guess I would just take it cos the ulcer pains, is something else.
Go ahead please. I doubt it will affect fertility. Sorry for the Ulcer pains. Feel better soon.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damsyangel23(f): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello house am new here ...been diagnose since 2014 with pcos hardly see my period..I have been taking provera and progynova but I had to stop early last year due to heavy bleeding whenever I take them. Have been trying to take in since last year someone recommend me to take ovaboost and metformin so I dunno if anyone has taken it and it worked ? Please help a sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Damsyangel23(f): 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello house am new here am 24 yes ...been diagnose since 2014 with pcos hardly see my period..I have been taking provera and progynova but I had to stop early last year due to heavy bleeding whenever I take them. Have been trying to conceive since last year someone recommend me to take ovaboost and metformin so I dunno if anyone has taken it and it worked ? Please help a sister �
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello mamas in the house. Happy New Week to us all. May it be fruitful by God's grace.

Have you tried egg white (as in raw egg white) while you are ovulating?...Be sure not to mix it with the yolk, get the egg white and pour some into the vg while laying down. Your husband can help too or you use inserter, whichever works. After few mins, say 5-10mins thereabout, still laying down or legs up to prevent it from dripping out, it should have positioned itself somehow, then you guys can have sex and after the whole fun, your legs should stay up for 15-20 mins so as the make the egg white help transport sperm to where needed.

I know the thought of egg white inside there sounds kinda 'urrrggghhh' but it does work. A trial wouldn't kill.

Also, prayers go a long way to supplement whatever method or medications you are using.

Baby dust to you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
Khaffi:
Hello mamas in the house. Happy New Week to us all. May it be fruitful by God's grace.

Have you tried egg white (as in raw egg white) while you are ovulating?...Be sure not to mix it with the yolk, get the egg white and pour some into the vg while laying down. Your husband can help too or you use inserter, whichever works. After few mins, say 5-10mins thereabout, still laying down or legs up to prevent it from dripping out, it should have positioned itself somehow, then you guys can have sex and after the whole fun, your legs should stay up for 15-20 mins so as the make the egg white help transport sperm to where needed. Also be sure you don't have an infection as the egg white can trigger it the more.

I know the thought of egg white inside there sounds kinda 'urrrggghhh' but it does work. A trial wouldn't kill.

Also, prayers go a long way to supplement whatever method or medications you are using.

Baby dust to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) (2572) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.