Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,527 members, 7,847,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5433341 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bloomingbuds(f): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Lizzy, you will lose some weight if you follow it to the letter. If you don't want to, just reduce the oatmeal intake, and increase the other food portions. Don't worry, your assets will not disappear. Lol
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by smiler(f): 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ Bloomingbuds your DH SA is not bad at all, the azoospermia is as a result of hormonal inbalance not testicular failure so there is mega HOPE. His FSH level can be raised by diet change or by the use of clomid (http://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/28/how-clomid-works-in-men/).

So don't be heart broken, there is light at the end of this horrible tunnel. you are already on your way to getting out out with the supplements you are presently on.

Wishing you all the best dear.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chimdalu58: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
@honiepie i still wonder how human you are,you take other peoples problems as though they where yours,you spent over an hour with me on fone yesterday at your cost discussing my case,i find it difficult believing people like you still exist,i pray everyday for you and family and wish God will grant all your heart desires.congratulation my sister from another mother on completion of your proffessional exam,may God reward you abundantly.

@brayan darlyn happy birthday,eat,drnk and merry,have a good evening.babes i already prepared the achara soup,it was yummylicious.

@diamond do pt shaperly
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
What Smiler said. And liver, sweet potatoes, Brown rice, beets, fish oil. The SA isn't that bad, please focus on the things you can do to normalise his LH, FSH and Prolactin. It's a good thing that you now notice EWCM. One obstacle has been overcome. This one, too, will soon be a thing of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bloomingbuds(f): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for the timely response @Smiler & @ Dreams. May ur helpers always locate u in ur time of need as at wen u need dem most. Av taken note of all u advised. I feel relieved.
There is really God in this forum , he uses different pple to rest our heavy burdens.
Thank u Father!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 3:03am On Oct 16, 2013
@chimdalu...howfar? Were you able to get the clearblue in ph?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Joyfulmum: 4:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Dear beautiful parents, am glad that through it all we have been kept by God's mercy and Grace!!!

I was studying now and the Spirit of God ministered something to me in Hebrews 13:9(Amplified Version). We are not to depend on rules of diet for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by God's grace. Bringing it home to our ttc efforts, God wants us to live a healthy lifestyle by exercising and eating healthy and all but let's not do it to the extent of placing our absolute trust and faith in these practices rather than the Grace of God!!

Has it ever struck anyone why most women conceive when they have done all there is to do and have given up? This journey is a journey of faith(absolute dependence and trust in God's goodness, power and grace). So please my dear sisters, let us not depend on the theories of doctors and testaments of men MORE than the POWER and GRACE of God. Let all the knowledge we gain from this forum, the Internet and the doctors be handed over back to God to be used by Him as tools. There is a very thin line between placing our trust in these rules and placing our ABSOLUTE trust in God.

The Lord will grant us understanding in Jesus name.... Amen!!!

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2013
@joyful mum, I couldn't agree more. The key is not placing methods we use to TTC above God's power and grace. Most of us will tell you 'this is what we did differently' to conceive, but I'm yet to read a testimony of someone who didn't put God first. After all, most of us were led to make the choices we did after series of prayer and fasting. The thing with diet, herbs and medicine is this: IT WILL ONLY WORK IF GOD WANTS IT TO WORK! If not, the effect on your body and general health might well be as if one is eating kpomo (zero nutrition).

Having said that, God also put certain foods and herbs on this earth to help us. It is of no argument that when men maintain a healthy diet for at least 3 months, their is normally a positive change in their swimmers's count, motility, or that women's eggs can be replenished with some herbs and a good diet, etc. in your last post, you taught us about using yoghurt and cranberry cereal to help heal something. That was you being proactive. That's because it's human nature to try and convince ourselves that we have done everything we can do. We can't help it.

Please, my sisters, if a herb worked for you, or a diet change worked for you, or a drug worked for you, realise that it was just an instrument God used to help you. After all, no one person can claim to be the first to realise that _______ food or herb works for _______ condition.

14 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bcolah(f): 6:58am On Oct 16, 2013
Honiepie, HBD to ur sweetheart, May the Lord bless and keep u guys togeda, may His face continue to shine upon u and make him to prosper and may the desires of his heart be granted. Amen.

Its anoda beautiful day. Baby dust to all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wnt2bepreggie: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2013
@Honiepie may the grace and anointing of the lord be upon you and your hearttrob,may nations rise to bless you,just like you have blessed other.

Happy birthday to him and many fruitful years ahead.

I sent you a mail,pls check.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2013
2 days ago my wife was told that her cervix has started to dilate, however yesterday after making complaint, hospital carried out a range of tests and says things are likely to be ok. and they have given her progesterone pellets to insert in her vagina daily which would hopefully delay further dilation.

We thank God. It seems all the prayers has worked.

Thanks to everyone.

We are still asking for her cervix to be stitched as most people advise that it is the best option and doctors will meet this morning to make a decision on that.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2013
@Dreamsinbc,I'm in for the fertility diet.God bless you.

@Honiepie,thank God for seeing u through,I pray that God will crown ur effort with success. I'm wishing ur swthrt a happy birthday,this day shall mark the beginning of wonderful things in his life.Have fun dear.

@Cjone,Amen to that prayer.

@all our muslim sisters,happy eid mubarak.

@all,hope u are enjoying ur holiday. Enjoy ur day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2013
@Honiepie, congrats on your exams. I pray that your results are excellent. Happy Birthday to your man, please send my cake and nkwobi through DHL. Have fun, you guys.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Yayyy@GenBuhari. Thank God. May He lead the doctors to make the best decision.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by smokeydrinky: 7:40am On Oct 16, 2013
honeypie, happy birthday to ur sweet. wishing him many more fruitful yrs.

@ genbuhari, so happy for u. God ll continue to take care of her

@ all, happy sallah
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by IyaEjima(f): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2013
@GenBuhari, we thank God for everything. Yea, I fink going for the shirodkhar stitch is a good suggestion. May the Holy spirit guide the Drs in their decision
@Honeypie nwannem! HBD 2 ur sweetheart. May the good Lord enlarge his coast beyond his imagination.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2013
Iyabetajos, are U̶̲̥̅̊ sendind a pm? I don't. Know how to check it, please gimme me ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ email addy if its safe, can't write mine cos its my full name, i can give U̶̲̥̅̊ my pin if its okay! How are d twins?

Dream, i await d list, i plan to start mt detox on thurs while dh wil start wen he comes to town on sat, praying to loose some weight, I'm presently on weighloss diet

Genbuhari, Keep trusting Him, He wil complete it.

Honey, a shout out to you a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ sugar, HBD to him an congrats to you on d successful completion of ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ exam

Jesus4eva, wia art thou?

To all my muslim bros a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ sis, e ku odun o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Joyfulmum: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2013
@Gen Buhari I rejoice with you on your miracle. Our God is indeed faithful. We return all the glory to Him!!!

@Dreamsinbc thank you for your post. My dear, I was almost derailed by the use of this and that and I believe that's why God Himself led me to that scripture. I was always searching the Internet for how to do this and that without even opening my Bible or praying for direction. I just read or hear that this works for so so thing and then I immediately jump into it. Frankly, before I knew it, my focus shifted from God Himself to the RULES. God taught me that I should take care of the body He has given me but not at the expense of my focus and relationship with Him.

I believe it was a personal teaching but I decided to share it with the House cos I believe one or two people may benefit from it. Our BFPs are closer than we could ever imagine. God indeed will bless every work of our hands in Jesus Name.... Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2013
@Joyful mum, Amen and Amen. It's actually a wake up call to us that nothing happens without God intending for it to happen. Thank you for sharing that, I know a lot of us here will learn from it. Hugs
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2013
@ honiepie, hbd to our bobo, caprisonne, honey, sugar, swthrt, mine, world, all n all, infact every every
@ all happy EL-DEL- KABIR
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by smiler(f): 9:47am On Oct 16, 2013
@Bloomingbuds please do not self prescribe clomid, if the male fertility doctor you decide to see prescirbes it or anyother one he has to be monitored.

@Gen Buhari God is in super control, He will complete what He alone started in your family.

@Honiepie, congrats! God bless and keep you and your sweetheart.

@Dreams and joyfulmum thanks for the reminder, timely.

@all WHAT TO DO WHEN WAITING ON GOD

1. Always seek God's opinion before acting
2. Trust in God's abilities, not your's or anyother's
3.Make God's word your focal point, incrase your experience of God's word. Speak God's promises that YOU have discovered in HIS word to your situation.
4. Have a tight border control, to filter what goes into your mind.

In all remember that; it is what you say and do about what God has said that will bring about your success in life. But you have to be consistent in what you say or do because in consistency lies the power. Hebrews 10:23

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2013
@Honiepie,congratulations and happy birthday to your honey.

@All,God bless us with our desires in Jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by smiler(f): 9:57am On Oct 16, 2013
One of us mentioned recently that we have not being praying.

Why don't we set aside one day in the week as our day of prayer, those who can fast should and those who can't should just pray. We don't have to post our prayers here but we can post the scriptures we used here. This day will be our regular praying day. If anyone has any particular prayer request you can post it the day before.

What do you guys think and what day should it be?

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 16, 2013
its a good ideal, i support you sis
smiler: One of us mentioned recently that we have not being praying.

Why don't we set aside one day in the week as our day of prayer, those who can fast should and those who can't should just pray. We don't have to post our prayers here but we can post the scriptures we used here. This day will be our regular praying day. If anyone has any particular prayer request you can post it the day before.

What do you guys think and what day should it be?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2013
@smiler,supported.

@Genbuhari,the lord will surely perfect that which He started in the life of ur wife.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2013
GenBuhari: 2 days ago my wife was told that her cervix has started to dilate, however yesterday after making complaint, hospital carried out a range of tests and says things are likely to be ok. and they have given her progesterone pellets to insert in her vagina daily which would hopefully delay further dilation.

We thank God. It seems all the prayers has worked.

Thanks to everyone.

We are still asking for her cervix to be stitched as most people advise that it is the best option and doctors will meet this morning to make a decision on that.
A cerclage is usually avoided past 24 weeks of pregnancy, this is because the risk of rupturing the membrane, triggering premature birth is very high amongst others. It is not usually considered the best option. Please it seems that you have good doctors from what I've read so far, trust their decisions. A cerclage is even considered to bed of minimal benefit in certain school of thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MackieB(f): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
@honiepie...congrats on the completion of your exams o. You shall hear good news in Jesus name and happy birthday to your man, may God bless him richly in Jesus day. Wish you both a wonderful day.

@dreams...good job you are doing here , God bless you. Pls am in on the diet.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mowafruitful: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wao so many pages to catch up with,my interview went well although so many applicant wr thr,thanks for all ur prayers,ilove u all,@genbuari,i wish ur wife sound health and God's enabliment for her to carry to term.@dreamsinbc,count me in,great job,when is the recipe coming out?much luv.@honiepie,thank God that u are tru wt exams now,and Happy Birthday to him,dont forget to bring our cake ooo.@iyabetajos,thank God ur sis is better now,what about u?pls take it easy and pls take the bed rest seriously,the Lord is ur strenght.Happy sallah to the muslim sis in the house.Loads of Baby dust to us.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mcafo: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
@smiler, supported.
@honiepie, congrat on successful completion of ur exams and hbd to ur switheart
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
thank you so very much for your messages,wishes and love,preps are on going,may God bless you all

@wonyi darlyn,i couldnt help laughing out loud wen i got the caprisone,bobo etc message,e-hugs dearie.

@smiler we already have a day we fixed for prayers,last day of d month.the last we observed it was end august,thanx sis 4 reminding us.am in.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR APPRECIATING MY PICTURE;I HAVE TO REMOVE IT NOW:

21 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rute(f): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Honeypie is that you ? You are absolutely gorgeous ! Beauty and brains perfect combination God bless you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.