Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5422886 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 1:44am On Oct 26, 2013
@all, plz lets fix our fasting/prayer b4 31st. abeg lets agree on date.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chimdalu58: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2013
you are welcome jommy,honeymum,daisy and all the newbies,your good news shall know no bounds.

@jommy this is great news,bfp knocking.

@faith2013 jesus,checkout the massive boost.God is on the throne,i key in to having my second breakthrough soon,weather the devil likes it or not.

@all goodmorning and when is the prayer fix,dont want to miss out.

@favored i sent you a pm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chimdalu58: 7:20am On Oct 26, 2013
pls i have a problem here,i finally got an opk from a friend,she didint use it at all,but our problem is that the language of instruction is not english,i dont know if its spanish or jamaican but it looks exactly like the type favored shared sometime ago.i am also tring to share the picture but it seems the file is large.

Is anyone using this type,i dont even know the name because i cant read the language.@favored pls direct me on how you used your own,it has 8sticks inside.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 7:40am On Oct 26, 2013
@ chimdalu.....i hav no mail from you

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2013
thanks @ favoured girl....i know ovulation spotting lasts for 2 to 3 days, and it even rarely happens to her [what she normally has is cm tinged with slight traces of blood, but in this cycle it came as blood similar to first day of af- abt half teaspoon or so]...so this time around..its been on intermittently for 5 days..twas puzzling..yeah we will hv the gynea run the hormonal balance test..she hasnt done it b4.....since her cycle was fairly regular. and af flow 6 to 7 days.the gyn believed she was ovulating ok.

we tried not use opk, cos she finds it difficult bding on demand/schedule......so the method a doc taught us was from the day af started...count back 14days. = ovulation day, so since her cycle is fairly regular..we use that system to predict the next ovulation day/window bd 3 days b4 the day and 3 days after the day..plus the day proper..so all in all about 7days of bding spced 24 to 48hrs apart...........though we still try to bd once or 2ce a wk during her 'infertile' period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 8:54am On Oct 26, 2013
@ ripvan you strike me as a caring dh,thats so sweet of you to be able to give full detailed info about ur dw's cycle,it shows u know alot more about her and for that God is going to grant you your heart desire,everything you ask of the lord which is pleasing to him,he shall answer you,in jesus name.unfortunately i have never used an opk so i dont know much about it.

@jommy thats a good one ,congratulations as we xpect nd look forward to bigger testimonies in d near future.

Your stay here will positively impact on u,as u interract,u learn,share n also understan u r nt alone in dis journey,u will hv an opportunity to speak with people who successfully gone tru ur trials nd also u wil find people strugglin wit wat u succeeded on,thats d concept n reason i encourage ladies who write me to join the thread.since i joined this thread,it has greatly impacted my life am greatful to God for thinking me worthy to carry out dis little task.

You and all the newbies(mummies&dads)are welkom,your stay shall be very short as we look forward ur moving to d pregnancy thread sooner than latter ijn,amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2013
@Ripvanwink,

Ȋ̝̊̅ applaud ur knowledge of DW's circle, unfortunately Ȋ̝̊̅ hv to say that d method prescribed by d doc may not be accurate in determining O day. Ȋ̝̊̅ hv had a fairly regular circle of 28 days and for a long time acted on d myth of 14 days back from AF being O day. Sometime ago Ȋ̝̊̅ started temping and my chart proved Ȋ̝̊̅ O on d 11th day of my circle. More recently, Ȋ̝̊̅ did a TVS and by day 12 O was confirmed.

Also, d idea of spacing bd 3days apart is new to me. Several doc and research hv given me d inpression dt during d fertile period bd 2 days apart helps.

We all dislike d idea of scheduled bd but sometimes it is not a choice so we can try to do d best we can wt it. Maybe she shd try temping or a TVS to confirm O. Ȋ̝̊̅ wuld also advice a hormonal assay since Ȋ̝̊̅ agree dt it might be an imbalance

Just my 2 cents, hope Ȋ̝̊̅ hv not offended u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chimdalu58: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2013
@favored i think i have forgotten my mail password,let me send it here,my case is almost same as ripvanwinks dw,i spotted day before yesterday and yesterday,it stopped though without any trace so i felt i should consult my opk and my sabi mamas here.but the opk is written in a language i dont understand.teach me how you used yours let me try this one out.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 11:12am On Oct 26, 2013
@lizzyslaw...thanks for the insight..such tot has occured to me that she might be ovulating earlier or later than we tot and to cover all bases thats why we also count 3 days back from the calculated day of ovulation and start bding then [ie we assume ovultn occured 3 days earlier than our calculation and 3 days later than our calculation..in that way we have 7days in total that we concentrate and bd, the bd is spaced 12 to 48hrs apart depending on our mood/time, so in that 7 days window we bd @ least 3 or 4 times]..

nope i aint offended @ all..y wud i be?...we are all here to learn and help each other.
i think hormonal assy is next in line, she has done hsg - ok, my sa was ok too, pelvic/uterus scan was also ok......
yje ttc thing hasnt been easy, guess we partly caused it...as we planned not to have babies until 1yr after our marriage, but 9months into the 1yr,, we cudnt wait anymore and started trying somewhat this is our 20th month of marriage.........i usually succed in anything i do, so this ttc is a big shake up to me........i thought making babies is similar to rain falling...God has already set the laws in motion...one doesnt need to pray for rain to fall..it just falls at its due time following natural principles.........so this ttc journey has drawn us closer to God....n i blv i and everyone on this thread will prevail 1 day..its certain..as long as God governs the affairs of men

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ripvanwink...she may not be ovulating at all.

According to my gyneo..midcycle or in btw cycle is never a good thing..pls do a hormomal profile and use more reliable ways to monitor ovulation

And dont beat yourself too hard...your story is exactly like mine...wanted to wait for one year...changed my mind when everybody was popping left right and centre and started trying in the 9th month of marriage

I waited almost a year after actively trying but it came and it will come for you ijn

I kept bd-ing thinking spotting was ovulation spotting or implantation bleeding! And my cycle length started increasing and getting more and more eratic

Metformin for me and wellman and no smoking for my dh......clearblue opk and lots of prayers did the trick for us!

Just get a good gyneo for the necessary tests and keep praying. You will testify soonest

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
Peeps i got my bfp today . I don't know when i ovulated so i don't know how many dpo i am. But av been feeling funny lately so tested and got a faint line . Will be doing the serum test later to confirm

18 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
@chimdalu...you too may need to do hormonal profile? What day was this bleeding...it may have been implantation bleeding sha! But when you can do hormonal profile to rule out imbalance

How many days is your cycle and what day are you now! Since you have just 7 sticks and those things are expensive i'll advice you target it well o! So u dont end up wasting the sticks

When you are ready to test
1. Remove a test stick from its foil paper and remove the cap from the test stick

2. Insert the test stick into the holder (the bigger one) in a way that the arrow on the stick and the arrow on the holder are facing each other (the arrows were purple in my own case). The holder will switch on when you have correctly inserted the stick and will flash a smiley face briefly. After this it will show a test sign like a stick to show it is ready for use

3. Put the absorbent end into your urine for 15 seconds

4. Wait for your result....at this point the test sign on the screen will be flashing

5. After 5 mins your result will be displayed

O is low fertility and this will be displayed for 8 mins

A flashing smiley is high fertility...meaning your oestrogen has risen and you should test the next day as you are likely to get a stable smiley....this will be displayed for 8 mins too

A stable (not flashing) smiley shows you will ovulate in the next 24 hours as not only your oestrogen has risen but also your lh..this will be displayed for 24 hours on the screen

P.s dont forget to eject the stick from the holder after reading and dispose of the stick

I bd'd on the day i got the flashing and stable smiley that was my cd 16&17 and concieved that month

Phew! This was long to type on my phone! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Pink 22 !!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Praise praise praise the lord..

Congrats and happy bumping

We thank God so so much

Dont worry...a scan will date your edd...yay!!!!!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Ripvan
You will succeed in this too. When my sister had midcycle bleeding hers was as a result of seedling fibriod. The TVS and hormonal profile as already suggested will reveal a lot. If it has been a usual occurence I wll say no need for panic as some pple hv midcycle bleeding during their O.

@Ebony13
My sister na real count down. Sometimes e dey do me like film.

Thanks to all that's praying and continously checking on us. You will never miss ur day of visitation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
cheesy Pink22,
Congrats dear. May the Lord perfect this good work after the testimony and may you deliver safely. No more loss. Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ooo my God!! At Pinky...woah what an awesome God.you shall carry to term dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
@pinkie,wat a wonderful God! He does his work @ d awe of men.congratulations,h&h 9mnths.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Waoh! Congrats to you Pink! Sending sticky vibes to you dear! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9mths.
Ebony13
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by skimpychick(f): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
Woooooohhoooooooooo@ pink22 God is awesome praise d name of our jehova. He's too much. So happy for u sister . H&H 9months. Pls tell us wat u did differently.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MackieB(f): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Praise The Lord!!! Pink am so happy for you. The Lord that has started the good work will complete it in Jesus name. Happy bumping!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by muma(f): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Waoh! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! to you Pink! Sending sticky vibes to
you dearest, Wishing you a h and H 9months
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bloomingbuds(f): 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
HALLELUYAHHHH!!!!!
@ Pinky congratulations. Trust d God Lord who has started dis good work in u , is faithful & just to see u thru. Amen.
Wishing u Hale & Hearty 9mths. *)
Happy weekend peeps. D Lord shall surely remember us. Amen!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Joyfulmum: 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wow Pinky am so happy for you. He that began this good work will perfect it!! Congrats dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by izuchi13: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ All I just joined Nairaland because of this thread and on the advise of our dear Honiepie whom i sent a mail and she replied that i share my experience here for all to benefit. I hope I am welcomed.

below is what I sent her and I hope you all will help a sister find solution to her problem. God bless you all for the great job you all are doing.

I've been ttc for two years now after my first child was born in 2011. Since this year my cycle has gone from a 29/28 days to 26 days and i hardly get any cervical mucus whether egg white o the milky (sorry tmi). please i need your advice as to what to do to remedy this dry vgy.

Thanks in advance for accepting me. And I know God will visit us all at our appointed time in Jesus Christ's Name I pray AMEN.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy congrats @ pinky!!!. The rain has started!!! praise God

pls fruitful mamas, which of these should i buy? opk test..am more in surpport of clear blue.

basal temp and opk which is better /easier to use?... also if opk on the average if one is careful, how much sticks can one use in a cycle

1. http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Ovulation-Pregnancy-Test-Strips/dp/B00FB3ENYU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_2

2. http://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Digital-Ovulation-Test-Count/dp/B002VLYAOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382789913&sr=8-1&keywords=smiley+face+opk
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bcolah(f): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
Awwwww. Much congrats pinky22, truely the Lord is in this place. May His name be glorified.
I tap into ur bfp. In Jesus name, u will carry to term and deliver safely.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by molola(f): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
@pinky a big congratulation,!!!!!!!!!! the Good lord will perfect His work in your life.

@something funny is happening to me. my af started early yesterday morning and I thot it will be business as usual.
by the time I got to work I had to change and that is how I spent the whole day changing. the flow was heavy and it was very light which is highly unusual. infact it was as if it was mixed with water.

by this morning it has become a trickle, infact more like drops.

what can this possibly mean? can anyone shed some light?

thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
@pinky,apinky apinke(in safe 06 voice).CONGRATS.May the Almighty make it a healthy pregnancy & grant u safe delivery(hoping they are twins or better still triplets).@safilicious mama,missing u.hope u are doing good.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by IyaEjima(f): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yay!!! Congrats my Dear Pink22...wish u a H & H 9months
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Winneygirl(f): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Unless the Lord builds, those who labour, labour in vain. God has proven himself again.
Congrats Pinky. I'm so happy 4 U.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mydesire16(f): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Waowww wat a wonderful God we serve,Congrats Apinky pinky,wish u H nd H 9months.U shall carry 2 term

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.