Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,690 members, 7,827,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5415831 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 10:28pm On May 30, 2010
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I know today is notMonday but i am 5 hours behind by the time you guys get on line i would still be sleeping so i will do this updates on sunday.
Ok the updates will go like this (open to more suggestions to make it more interesting and we can get to know each other better)

TTC-1(meaning this is my first child if i already had one for TTC i would write 2)

CD-28(days since your last period) Abiop you can skip this unless you want to tell us something grin

DPO-10(days past ovulation)

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING- me 5 years.

AGES -ME 31 DH 41 (DH dear husband/DW dear wife)(you can chose not to say)

What HAVE YOU TRIED SO FAR? My own will take a whole book but let me make it short, IUI, Injections , Clomid, Baby aspirin,Preeseed,Promitrium,standing on my head they said it would work so why not try it grin
So for now this is what i have if you guys find  somethings here are too personal please tell me and i will edit it and we will find what  makes everyone comfortable. Have a blessed week ahead.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by daddy: 11:51pm On May 30, 2010
there is also what they call hyper-prolatin. it can also make period to stop. Check your breast and press it, is milk flowing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 9:02am On May 31, 2010
@ luvly, massive congrats to u and DH. I wish you a stress free 38 weeks, just enjoy and relax. No liver pls but up your vitamins intake or still just take pregnacare. I love good news, pray we’ll all be sharing good news soon (IA)

@ Arlington, did you check out the Chicago tests?

I haven’t been posting lately on the thread as i’ve been on some antibiotics which make me so so sick and yippee it’s my last day today. Now looking forward to shedding that excess weight from eating sweet stuff which is not good for me.

A new month start tomorrow and I wish you all a happy month filled with happiness, joy and pray it’ll be a turning point in our lives. (Amin)

TTC-1

CD- not sure what day it's now

DPO-10(not keeping tag of this

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING- Nearly 5 years.

AGES -ME 29 DH 40

What HAVE YOU TRIED SO FAR? ICSI, LIT, Humira, Intralipids, Ivig, Prednisolone, Baby aspirin, Preeseed. I don’ t remember but if I do will keep you all updated. This week will be having LIT , I pray it helps my immune. Below is what LIT is all about, anything to help us get that BFP heh.

LIT is an injection of washed white cells which is normally placed just under the skin on the inner arm in a series of pinprick jabs. The white cells usually come from blood freshly donated by your husband. The aim of LIT is to stimulate your body to produce anti-paternal blocking antibodies (antibodies to cells from your husband) as measured on the LAD test (see above). Several studies found that women who had multiple miscarriages tended to have lower levels of anti-paternal blocking antibodies than women who had successfully carried a baby to term. This lead to the theory that antibodies to the father’s DNA were necessary to help the mother’s body recognise their embryo’s cells to give a protective response rather than an aggressive response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 31, 2010
@Beetle & Arlington,
Has your husbands, spermatozoa been tested and what were the results?

Some miscarriages occur because the embryo was never viable due to chromozonal abnormalities and there is usually nothing that could be done that could save the pregnancy. These types of miscarriage usually show up as "empty sac" miscarriages.

As we age the chances of viable embryos drops dramatically past the age 34, for women due to poor egg quality and also the male sperm quality decreases.

My own belief is that couples unnatural products we put into our bodies may decrease the quality of eggs and sperm we produce and hence decrease our chances of producing a viable embryo.

I think that trying to elimnate all chemicals from our system, by avoiding harmful chemicals which we may ingest, from chemicals like cigarettes, tooth paste, preservatives in processed foods, soft drinks, alcohol or which could be absorbed through the skin such as body / hand creams, hair relaxers, deodorants, traffic pollution and unnnecessary medication inc excess vitamins.

just my theory, it appeared to work for me when we started to try it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 5:22pm On May 31, 2010
thanks beetle.my prayer for all of u is dat d new month shall bring good fortune.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 7:44am On Jun 01, 2010
@ Genbuhari, would you please provide some tips for natural healthy products that can replace the stuffs you spoke about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2010
@MyPeace

Sorry have been MIA. I have used the preseed. I use it twice and had no reaction whatsoever.

Couldn't Post my update yesterday.

TTC-1

CD- 34

DPO-15

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING- 2 and half years

AGES -ME 30 DH 34

What HAVE YOU TRIED SO FAR? Clomid (6th time this may and first time with Preseed)

Am afraid to test.

Please Send prayers my way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Sammiejo

I suggest that you check internet for natural products /alternatives.

If you smoke or drink alcohol you simply need to give up or start cutting down.

Instead of using tooth paste, use chewing stick.

Body and hand cream should be from as natural a product as possible some thing like coco butter may be better than other products. or perhaps if there is a native way of making such products in the village , look into that.

Try to avoid using detergents when water would do for washing spoons ,plates or even clothes etc , when you have to, use a natural detergent to as possible or use absolute minimal amounts.

Use natural bath soap, such as black soap.

You must try and ensure you eat plenty of fibre and drink lots of water as these remove toxins from your body. Ensure that you move your bowels at least once a day, if not increase you fibre intake.

Do not use relaxer - use a hot comb

Orange or lemon can be used as natural deodorants on the skin, put if you use perfume avoid spraying directly on the skin.

This is all I can think of at moment but I am sure that there is much more

Sammiejo:

@ Genbuhari, would you please provide some tips for natural healthy products that can replace the stuffs you spoke about

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
@all,

God will help us oooo, 

my update

TTC       No.1   ( 2micarriages)
CD        16
DPO    - (expecting ovulation on CD21)
Ages   Me 34 DH 43
been trying for 3yrs

Have not really been trying many things, however, l look out for natural fertility enhancers, food, fruits, gnld supplements.

Have not really been myself since after the last period, out of curiosity l took HPT, BFN, however, never tested BFP on HPT that early. Again over the wkend, after BD l started having sharp abdominal pain, that comes and go. Also l am having feeling of fullness, l have not been eating well too because of that. lol, two much complaint (lol)- even luvly and stages never complain like this grin cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2010
@AratOluda
My prayer goes to you. lf you dont see it by tomorow, means good news ooo, Luteal phase is 10 - 16 days all things being equal. Plenty Baby Dust!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2010
Dont worry my peace.abdominal pain was d very 1st sign i noticed even b4 i missed my period

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
Other sources of unwanted chemic substances entering the bosy could be from:

Make up and lipstick
Traffic pollution
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
TTC No.1 ( 1 miscarriage)
CD no idea
DPO - no idea
Ages Me 27 DH 32
Been trying seriously for 1yr

Have not really been trying many things, just waiting for my period to regularize.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ Gen buhari, thanks. I think i will start with chewing stick and black soap. I currently use Palmers cocoa butter. I ll see if I can find a way around the others.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2010
GenBuhari:

Other sources of unwanted chemic substances entering the bosy could be from:

Make up and lipstick
Traffic pollution

Thx for your contribution.  thats the essence of detox.  l use Gnld supplement called Betaguard for this (am not recommending pls)  lt is hard to completely avoid these toxins in the body.

@Ejadamen

Abeg ooo, why dont you know your CD and DPO,  how do you predict O?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2010
You are very welcome  ladies smiley

Another thing is to always try to avoid additives in processed foods, always try to cook food in their natural form.

It is important that you partner's also detox and become as healthy as possible. Especially as past age 35 , there is marked increase of abnormal spermatozoa that is being produced.

Essentially for males they have to work on themselves as much as you ladies because it takes two people to concieve a baby.

As I mentioned before, you should get your partner's spermatozoa counted and fully analysed.

Most men as we age start getting a pot-belly, this is not to be encouraged especially if ttc, fat in the belly contains enzymes that apparently breakdown testosterone, and testosterone is necessary for spermatozoa production. In fact both partners need to be fighting fit and start aiming to get to a normal healthy weight, especally as they get older.

Additional your male partner most ensure that they keep their testicles as cool as possible at all times, get plenty sleep and ensure they not defficient in zinc.
MyPeace:

Thx for your contribution. thats the essence of detox. l use Gnld supplement called Betaguard for this (am not recommending pls) lt is hard to completely avoid these toxins in the body.

Sammiejo:

@ Gen buhari, thanks. I think i will start with chewing stick and black soap. I currently use Palmers cocoa butter. I ll see if I can find a way around the others.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2010
@MyPeace

Thank you for the prayers. Will test tomorrow or Saturday. I have not been feeling fine.

Will post the update on Monday and I believe it will be Positive.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
AratOluda:

@MyPeace

Thank you for the prayers. Will test tomorrow or Saturday. I have not been feeling fine.

Will post the update on Monday and I believe it will be Positive.

another BFP in the corner. l cant wait for the good news!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ my peace I don't know it o! never bothered cos the period is so irregular and I just do not understand the calculation. Meaning I actually do not know when I ovulate embarassed

Now I am confused,thot my period came but only saw drops for like 4 days,was that a period
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:59am On Jun 04, 2010
Ejadamen:

@ my peace I don't know it o! never bothered cos the period is so irregular and I just do not understand the calculation. Meaning I actually do not know when I ovulate embarassed

Now I am confused,thot my period came but only saw drops for like 4 days,was that a period

Has it always been like that, or after your miscarriage?

However, take the 4days drops as your period and start counting from there. normally period comes 10-16 days after ovulation.  so whenever u see your period count back 'say 14 days' to give you an idea of the window periods you ovulated.  From that you have in mind the CD you usually ovulate.  e.g (myself)  l have 37day cycle, and l see my period 16 after O, meaning l O on day 21.  sometimes the folicle  stages changes, but it gives me idea of the likely days l shouldnt miss to Baby dance. 

l advice that you do a HVS test to rule out infection.

Note: follicular Stage can be longer than usual but Luteal phase remains same, except with pregancy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2010
Hmm nice info. Thanks. What is HVS?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2010
hvs- High vaginal swab, this checks for ureaplasma, mycoplasma as this infection affects infertility.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2010
TTC-1

CD-?

DPO-WHAT NUMBER CAN I SAY ??

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING- me 5 years.

AGES -ME 31 DH 41

PROTOCOL THIS MONTH- ok at the end of this week i will be out of suspense I have not been able to say much because I am anxious all I need from you guys
is prayers I will know for sure by the end of this week and will update on my next Monday update God shower me with your blessings!!! when all goes according to God's plan expect to see my next Monday updates in bold and capital letters.till THEN MY LIPS ARE lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:02am On Jun 07, 2010
@ Bettle i am sorry i never replied you i kept forgetting sad No i have not called chicago because i need my doctor to order the test and from the look of things he does not want to consider NK cells just yet because he is thinks my situation is not that serious. I am trying something else now that i will be able to say for sure by my next update if all Goes according to plan and i hope and pray it does.

I feel like a fraud as i am not saying what it is I made this thread so we could all share how we feel but sometimes somethings you just want to shut up about so if it does not happen you don't get all the eyah sorry kpele.but please please women bear with me i am just anxious and scared and worried and i have been down this road before get all hyped up and fall flat on my face so 7 more days and i will be out with it. cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 8:29am On Jun 07, 2010
heys girls

my update

TTC No.1 ( 1 micarriage)
CD pregnant 31 weeks
DPO ---
Ages Me 27 DH 34
I tried for 2 months

last week update:
was sick last week and got so scared somethong was going to happen to the baby
had all he symptoms of malaria but tested negative. (even my doctor was confused) so
he decided to admit me and give me malaria treatment
also had stomach disorders and tested positive to amoeba
now the issue is the drug he gave me did not really help coz i still feel funny in my stomach.
does anyone know if this can affect the baby? (amoeba)
but after all thank God coz the baby is doing fine. just resumed work dis morning
after 1 week of bed rest.
Talking about sleeping at nite; its a nitemare ooooo
i can hardly find a comfortable position and when i do dats when the baby starts dancing and kicking in my womb
this prevents me from sleeping.
if i may ask, what make a baby kick so had? is it dat she is happy or uncomfortable coz at time i get scared ooooooooo
make una no laugh.
i can't wait for the D day to come

at times its like am dreaming.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2010
my update

CD 23
DPO (supposed to O on CD 21 but didnt, and there is no sign of it for now)

l have been very bloated. This cycle is very unusual. Dont really know what is going on. However, time shall tell.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
My update.

I did a blood test on last friday and to God be the glory it was positive. That is the first time in my whole life I will ever test positive

unfortunately I started spotting on sun and yesterday it has gone to bleeding. I had to be taken to the hospital. Did the test again and it was negative.

Am torn between happiness & gratitude on the realization that I can conceive and sadness, anger and frustration for losing the pregnancy after waiting so long.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:52am On Jun 09, 2010
@ AratOluda

l feel your pains!

Take heart, thats exactly what happened to me February this year, got a positive today and next day bleeding and l lost the baby.

l have heard that some pple are very delicate, that if they conceive and still baby dance, it affects the preg and causes miscarriage. since l found out that i might be in that group, after 2 -3 days of ovulation, l stay away from Sex, giving it time to settle incase l may have conceived.

However, console yourself with the fact that you are Fruitful and not Barren! lt will happen again!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
My peace u said it all
Aratoluda take it easy on urself and think positive
just know dat this the begining of positive preg tests to come
the year is your year in JESUS name
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
@aratoluda,it is well.thank God you can conceive.Please take heart.

My people I have been away,well I'm still away but when I get back I'll update.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ AratOluda

how are you doing? Hope the pains from the blighted ovum is no much? Mine was terrible because l was almost 8weeks before l found out l was even pregnant. They suggested D&C, but thank God l refused and had a natural miscarriage. Thank God yours didnt get to that stage. Hope you are ok now shaa, IT IS WELL!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
@AratOluda

It is well. The God you serve will grant you your heart's desires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.