Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Is President Obasanjo A Failure? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Obasanjo A Failure? (2396 Views)

Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Obasanjo, A Shame To The Military — Defence Headquarters / Obasanjo A Hypocrite (at 73), Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by babyboy2(m): 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2006
"is obj a failure?"
you are a failure if you do not get your dreams.if his dream was 3rd term,he is a failure.if his dream is the engineering the spate of impeachments currently going round our country,he is an unqualified success.we need to look into his actions and make all anti- people policies a failure and developmental policies a success.Thank you.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Jaybaba(m): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2006
OBJ as a human being is not a failure. He has achieved more as a human being than he might have ever imagined or dreamed as a child. He has become leader of Nigeria twice.

As president, he is a failure. Nigerians are paying more and getting less for everything in the market now than they used to before he became president.
His reforms are not targeted at the people but see the people as a problem which must be offset.
His third term ambition was a clear indication of his manipulatory personalty and a non respecter of the people or constitution.

Which of the answers suits your question?

1 Like

Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by omofineboy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2006
not just a failure but a complete failure
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by joshO: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2006
Same applies to ALL the past Presidents, their deputies and all state governors. OBJ is not alone there, in fact history may be kinder to him that most before him.

Also, the next leader is DEFINITELY destined to fail, as long as we continue to tolerate the likes of  Atiku, IBB, Kalu, Gusau, Buhari and other devious morons desperate to rule Nigeria.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Seun(m): 8:31am On Nov 29, 2006
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by babyboy2(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2006
grin
@ seun,
must u make a thread out of that one statement? Anyhow reactions are welcome!!!
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Boot30(f): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2006
shocked Personally? I do not think he is failure. He picked up the running of nigeria at a very difficult time and I think he has tried. Granted! He could have done better but please think of the Abacha days and where we are now and I am sure you would agree things are gradually (although very very slowly) getting better. At least our (Nigeria'a) perception in the western world is. I just pray that whomsoever wins next year's election does not take us back to square one.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Easyy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2006
Boot30:

shocked Personally? I do not think he is failure. He picked up the running of nigeria at a very difficult time and I think he has tried. Granted! He could have done better but please think of the Abacha days and where we are now and I am sure you would agree things are gradually (although very very slowly) getting better. At least our (Nigeria'a) perception in the western world is. I just pray that whomsoever wins next year's election does not take us back to square one.

It should not be about the perception of the Western world but about the people of the nation. If the people are happy, free and secure, you can sod international perception. It should be more about the welfare of the average Nigerian. Check out China and India.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Easyy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2006
Obasanjo is a failure in many parts. Granted he's done better than many before him, he has failed to redeem the Nigerian masses.

Why cant Nigeria have a steady supply of electricity?
Why cant Nigerians live without fear of armed robbers? abi na Iraq we dey?
Why cant Nigerians do things without having to bribe their ways through?
Why cant the Nigeria Police force be a protector of the people rather than the intimidator of the people?

I fit continue o, make I never vex smiley
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by omofineboy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2006
Easyy thanks you jare, OBJ is a complete failure. Even in business hes not a success check his business ventures before 1999 you will know what I mean.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by buchio7(m): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2006
The guy is no failure, if he was good enough to be made president of nigeria 3 times then u shd reconsider ur failure tag as for the amenities u so rightly mentioned tell me which other govt in nigerias past has invested much like this one into power generation? I knw ur retort will be , "where is the result?" if you knw the level of dereliction the power sector was muddled in prior to this administration in comparism to wat it is nw u wld change ur negative outlook.

yes there is a tonne load of areas he has nt done well but that is nt to say he has nt done well also in some quarters. I am nt related to the man but lets be more objective in our criticism. He is nt a failure,
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by OBJ3(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2006
:owhat, what is this. who started this thread. eh angry

what. these idiots are ungrateful angry

@omofineboy(omofinefool),
eeeeh? okay. because ur useless father was a failure u think all men are failures?eh?answer me u stupid idiot angry answer me angry
@seun
if u don't close this thread i'll deal with you angry

look at these idiots. complete fools i'm trying to help angry
no. i cant take this angry where is ribadu?
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Easyy(m): 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2006
buchio7:

The guy is no failure, if he was good enough to be made president of nigeria 3 times then u should reconsider your failure tag as for the amenities u so rightly mentioned tell me which other govt in nigerias past has invested much like this one into power generation? I knw your retort will be , "where is the result?" if you knw the level of dereliction the power sector was muddled in prior to this administration in comparism to what it is nw u would change your negative outlook.

yes there is a tonne load of areas he has nt done well but that is nt to say he has nt done well also in some quarters. I am nt related to the man but lets be more objective in our criticism. He is nt a failure,

buchio,

Has OBJ invested in power generation? I was in Nigeria recently and it was pathetic with regards to electricty. It looked so chaotic you'd think it's an actual jungle.

Even going past bus stops, you had to use the a/c in your car (I wanted to enjoy the heat of naija) because there seems to be anew phenomenon whereby they put very noisy megaphones on top of a high tree and chant Ibadan, Ibadan soliciting passengers. It's nuisance of the highest order and Tinubu should be prosecuted for turning Lagos State into a jungle state
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Easyy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2006
O-B-J:

:owhat, what is this. who started this thread. eh angry

what. these idiots are ungrateful angry

@omofineboy(omofinefool),
eeeeh? okay. because your useless father was a failure u think all men are failures?eh?answer me u stupid idiot angry answer me angry
@seun
if u don't close this thread i'll deal with you angry

look at these idiots. complete fools i'm trying to help angry
no. i can't take this angry where is ribadu?

I cant stop laughing tongue
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by mgboloyd(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2006
Obj is d worstest.no argument about it.if it was an arab country,suicide bombas go don killam
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by zam: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2006
Obj is not a Failure, pray 4 him, not 2 nail him
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Sijien(m): 1:54am On Dec 01, 2006
obj don try. how many peeps for fit hold naija after dat 1999?
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by chidichris(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2006
are we going to discuss him here as a president or a petrolium minister.
to me calling him a failure is an understatement.
his administration is non with impeachement, thugry, insecurity, ban this ban that and fraud in all sectors of the government.
if he is a typical yoruba man suicide is the only remedy which goes in line with the traditional yoruba administrative system.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by buchio7(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2006
We cant throw away the baby with the bath water just because we dont like the washer, the guy has tried even though there are some odd points to his tenure. Criticism is a dime a dozen(anyone can criticize) but it takes an astute person to offer advise/solutiuons on how things can be better.

Easyy:

buchio,
Has OBJ invested in power generation? I was in Nigeria recently and it was pathetic with regards to electricty. It looked so chaotic you'd think it's an actual jungle.

Have you heard of the phrase , "LOAD SHEDDING" ? dat was popularised prior to the administration. It is another word for broken down transformer

Easyy:

buchio,
Even going past bus stops, you had to use the a/c in your car (I wanted to enjoy the heat of naija) because there seems to be anew phenomenon whereby they put very noisy megaphones on top of a high tree and chant Ibadan, Ibadan soliciting passengers. It's nuisance of the highest order and Tinubu should be prosecuted for turning Lagos State into a jungle state

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by alarinka(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2006
, OBJ [ as a civilian]IS NOT A FAILURE, AT ALL, WE [THE PEOPLE] ARE A FAILED GENERATION,
its not easy holding this vast and diverse country together!!!!!!!!!
THE MILITARY PERIOD MESSED UP NIGERIA!!
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by omofineboy(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2006
@OBJ

I refused to take you up for insulting me, you displayed absolute lack of manners, I dont abuse people not at all, you sound to me a teenager who is bereft of ideas, Nairaland made it possible for your kind to make comment, my father you mentioned in your comment?, it is evident from that, that you have no father if you have you one you will respect other peoples fathers, its most unfortunate you chose the name OBJ as your id, most unfortunate, for your information I am already a success let alone my dad, he is among few honest Nigerians who are successful in all facets of life, hes not among the thief like OBJ. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by buchio7(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2006
omofineboy:

@OBJ

I refused to take you up for insulting me, you displayed absolute lack of manners, I don't abuse people not at all, you sound to me a teenager who is bereft of ideas, Nairaland made it possible for your kind to make comment, my father you mentioned in your comment?, it is evident from that, that you have no father if you have you one you will respect other peoples fathers, its most unfortunate you chose the name OBJ as your id, most unfortunate, for your information I am already a success let alone my dad, he is among few honest Nigerians who are successful in all facets of life, hes not among the thief like OBJ. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

bros dont take obj too seriously she is always like that( i hav experienced it too) but sometimes she can actually talk sanely, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by omofineboy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2006
@buchio7

Thanks for your concern, ok
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by Easyy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2006
buchio7:

We can't throw away the baby with the bath water just because we don't like the washer, the guy has tried even though there are some odd points to his tenure. Criticism is a dime a dozen(anyone can criticize) but it takes an astute person to offer advise/solutiuons on how things can be better.

Have you heard of the phrase , "LOAD SHEDDING" ? that was popularised prior to the administration. It is another word for broken down transformer

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!

So what has load shedding done to improve Nigeria's epileptic electricity situation? I'd rather have steady supply of electricity than be told about load shedding cheesy

BTW, does anyone know why Lagos bus stops have become extremely noisy jungles? Why does the government allow animals to put megaphones at bus stops and scream loudly with microphones facing the roads? IT'S SHEER MADNESS
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by chidichris(m): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2006
alarinka,
what do u mean holdinga vast nigeria together. do u know the population of usa India and china. nigeria is just a state in the above three.
by the way, is it a force that he rule nigeria? is he complaining? is he not interested in a third term as well as a life president project?
how together has he hold nigeria? is politically where political killings is the order of the day without any trace of killers. is economically when the prices of things are star rocketing on daily bases and the standard of living is going down with all the basic armenities out of place. or are u talking about the security system which one can comfortably say it is the worst since the inception of the country nigeria with armed robbers operating without fears.
are u talking about corruption? all u have to do is blow his trumphet and all ur sins will be forgiven. the world best man ribadu is handicapped and forced to a selective justice because the likes of the ubas, anninehs and bodes, ibb, atikus and objs etc are secred cows too secred to be questioned.
call this administration a failure to me is an understatement. by the way, he is the only elected president of nigerian that has served without interuption for such a long period of time. are u saying electricity and water supply to nigerians are surposed to take a million years.
talking about a normal person who decied to use obj as his or her id, am afraid something is wrong somewhere. the obj as a president talks anyhow and insult people at will so it will not be surprising he is the same here.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by IykeD1(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2006
What do you people expect from a failed country? Take a quick look at the presidential
aspirants and tell me if this is not the case. OBJ is just a product of his environment and
as far as that goes he is certainly not a failure.

Yes, he has made major mistakes, squandered opportunities, but you got to be kidding if
you expect to fix in 8 years a country that various regimes spent over 16 years degrading
and abusing.

In a saner country, OBJ wouldn't have had the chance to come back as a leader, but that
is Nigeria for you.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by babyboy2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2006
if obj can stop the likes of atiku and ibb in 2007,he will not be failure in my eyes. grin
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by mazaje(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2006
OBJ is a total failure here is an extraction from an aticle i saw on the net by one Nigerian suming up the total failures of the old outdated,uncivilised.backward thinking and good for nothing president that claims he has done much when even a mad man on the streets will testify that no positive change has occured.

As Obasanjo packs his luggage, his result card is pathetic given the expectation. I must say that I am not one of those who expected a miracle, but I expected that given the reality on ground considerable progress would have been made rather what we are greeted with is totally disappointment in all ramifications.

Last year alone we earned 131 trillion naira, yet we cannot say that this is the fruit of the earnings. In education the reality is grim with 30 accounting departments, about 41 medical faculties, 25 Insurance departments, 36 law faculties and 45 faculties of engineering, plus countless universities going by the way this government gives them operating licenses, we produce graduates, half, quarter and any how baked with no plans as regarding what to do with them and what future to give them.

In the last one year alone I am loosing count of the number of collapsed buildings in the nation, one only prays that the nation does not fall because these buildings that collapse have the same characteristics with the nation. Dead bodies disappear in the morgue, infant mortality has not reduced, there is a drastic rise in the number of Nigerians suffering High Blood Pressure and what I refer to as Breeze Psycho-mentality, a touch of madness or insanity on daily basis.

In the last seven years Nigerians have witnessed progress in some areas, negative as one may want to appear, the fight against corruption is one, no matter the one sided nature, or the partial justice associated with it, it has produced results. But let it be know that fighting corruption is insignificant if we cannot tackle the mother hen that lays the eggs of corruption.(OBJ is the mother hen of all the corruption in nigeria today) 50 million was given to the national assembly men to support his third term campaing and nothing was said about it. the fomer speaker of the national assembley ghali umar na'abba and some of his friends showed the whole country the money OBJ gave them to impeacheh him then as the speaker of the house of assembly, transperency international still maintained that most of nigeria's corruption takes place in the presidency and still no one is asking questions.

The stark reality is that very little is changing, in Oyo it is Governor Ladoja, Garrison Commander Adedibu, in Plateau, Governor Botmang, President Mantu, in Ibadan Adedibu's son, in-law, godson all will be going to represent the people of Oyo. In Anambra, Andy Uba will or safely may be Governor,Chris Uba showed us the damage a person can do to an entire state once he has the backing of the president and nobody questions why and how.

The energy sector is not left, from the mere 3,000 mgws we had in 1999, the government promised 10,000. Sadly today we have less than 2,000, while tariffs have risen by over 300%. And billions in Naira have grown wings in the name of reforming the sector(over a trillion naira), yet the situation has remained in a state of locus standi and we are selling the company like Banana with groundnuts at less the value in the name of privatization.

The all time corrupt index has remained the Police first, the energy company NEPA or PHCN second while teachers/lectures are third. And this I suppose sums it up because these are the very institutions on which the entire system should naturally revolve around. I have left out the corruption in places such as the NNPC, Aso Rock, the other tiers of government, private sector corruption and individual corruption.

Obasanjo is leaving, will the next President have the courage to probe this man, ask his henchmen questions as to how they governed us and make them accountable? We got about $460 million  to combat poverty, HIV/AIDS recently and how these aims were achieved is only a miracle. the close to N600billion spent on roads still leaves us with less than 6% of our roads motorable.For 2 good years the charade national budget has not being implemented because of one silly reason or the other like the nation hosting the CHOGUM and the All african games yet nobody stood up and asked why?

Sometime ago in 2001 I recall that N847 million was released for crime cameras in Abuja and Lagos, where are the cameras. Like the N600M that was released for a brand Nigeria project that we never saw, now it is heart of Africa, when all we can boast of is heartless leaders. The Ethiopian Airlines would be 60 years soon, yet we do not in the real sense have a national carrier. Take a good look at statistics, the good old Nigerian airways for all its faults had an accident occurrence of just two, but sine madam anywhere belle face and messieurs any government in power were allowed, the witches of the air often find weekends on Nigerian airspace lucrative because of our negligence and stiff neck refusal to do anything right.

In this year alone the President has bought himself a new aircraft, new helicopter, the new shoes, agbadas, new women, are just a few of the news I can mention, what new thing would he leave with us as a parting gift that will impact on our lives positively. I end this essay by stating that nothing I have discussed the in last few lines are necessarily new but the fact remains that I will continue to harp on them perhaps, just perhaps they will sink into the heads of our leaders, as regards solutions, cupboards in offices of government functionaries are full of reports, recommendations of panels that only if they could be implemented, we will witness a difference in this nation.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by babyboy2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2006
cry cry cry cry
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by 4Play(m): 2:19am On Dec 14, 2006
The President has been a failure.

He is not the worst among the shameful collection of nitwits that have run this country but he is not too far them
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by ishmael(m): 7:34am On Dec 14, 2006
He is not a failure, at least he planned to scatter nigeria and make people feed from hand-to-mouth; he has succeeded in doing that, abi?? Na only God go help us judge that Egba man.
Re: Is President Obasanjo A Failure? by chidichris(m): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2006
is not his fault because other countries will send obj to rehablitation homes from the jail instead of aso rock.
what do we expect from a man who has been isolated from people and he has been in s small cell with his brain scattered with anxiety. a man in a death roll made president all of a sudden, if we judge by that he has not done so bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Nigerian In Space / Obasanjo’s Letter, Attack On Niger Delta — Ijaw Groups / You Can't Expect A Govt To Fix All The Roads In 8 Yrs - APC Chieftain,BARCANISTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.