Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again (9568 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 8:07am On Sep 24, 2009
eldee:

[b]Could someone please tell Eminem and Kanye to stop deviating from the topic??[/b]Seriously . . . this is Forever and Em decides he has to start talking about his imaginary demons.
Aiite . . . we know how onpoint his delivery is but he should at least respect the listeners and talk about lsting long in the game, not taking advantage to go to his strongest area.

Kanye just had to put his 808's thingy here again. . . if he's so tired of getting money, he should quit jare cheesy

off topic?! really maybe you need to listen again and tell me you cant pick out the similarities in that verse with em's rap career. That is intelligence.

he’s wondering if he should spit this slow,
f-ck no go for broke,
his cup just runneth over oh no
he aint had a buzz like this since the last time that he overdosed,
they’ve been waiting patiently for Pinnochio to poke his nose,
back into the game and they know,
rap will never be the same as before,

@ sauron, rewind definitely is top contender for my most conceptual songs of all time.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2009
chic2pimp:

Although an arguement can be made of Em's verse being the best(disputable),he surely did not murder no one.

Guys just love to OVERHYPE things. . .

Very true . . .

And if one day Em decides to fart and belch on a track, Stans would cook up another cock 'n' bull story . . . they'll say he's being innovative . . . grin grin grin
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Genuflect(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2009
@Bamsyle Hasn't he farted and belched on various tracks?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2009
Genuflect:

@Bamsyle Hasn't he farted and belched on various tracks?

grin grin grin

Bleep, Ass Like That, Evil Deeds, Puke (he did actually puke grin), My First Single . . .

And what was he saying in My Mom ('my vaaaal i ummmmmmm aaaaaah') . . . grin grin

And the list goes on . . .
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Uchedude(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2009
Bamsyle:

grin grin grin

Bleep, Ass Like That, Evil Deeds, Puke (he did actually puke  grin), My First Single . . .

And what was he saying in My Mom ('my vaaaal i ummmmmmm aaaaaah') . . .  grin grin

And the list goes on . . .
Lol eminem is Good most times but sometimes his imaginations get the best of him, he has the wildest imagination so far,
We made you for example, that was so gross,
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2009
slimshay:

off topic?! really maybe you need to listen again and tell me you cant pick out the similarities in that verse with em's rap career. That is intelligence.

Erm . . . Forever . . . Hannibal Lecter, NAH!!!
He just drifted into his comfort zone from the begining, he prolly didn't know the name of the song.
Gone are the days when rappers used to come together in the studio for collabos.
Nowadays they just get a beat and rhyme whatever they want over it, the producer cuts and edits and voila, you have a collabo where half the people don't know what song they're on.

It happens everytime these days, that's why you see Jay-Z talking bout how rich he is on a song named Diamonds from Sierra-leone
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
eldee:

Erm . . . Forever . . . Hannibal Lecter, NAH!!!

The Hannibal Lecter line was used to build up a punchline, Eldee.
How can that fly over your head? The reason many Shadyphobics don't appreciate Eminem is because they don't understand what he spits.

i’m hannibal lecter so just in case you're thinking of saving face,
you aint gonna have no face to save by the time Im through with this place

U need to watch Silence Of The Lambs to understand that bit.
Eminem is deeper than your normal bling-bling, Cristal-poppin, 22 rims kinda peops.
U can always tell a considerable amount of hours have been spent in creating his lyrics.
Don't hate. . . . .appreciate!!!

He just drifted into his comfort zone from the begining, he prolly didn't know the name of the song.
Gone are the days when rappers used to come together in the studio for collabos.
Nowadays they just get a beat and rhyme whatever they want over it, the producer cuts and edits and voila, you have a collabo where half the people don't know what song they're on.

Drifted into his comfort zone ma foot.
Eminem murdered the so called Rap Giants(Kanye n Weezy) and you are making excuses.
Compare Kanye's childish rants to Eminem's lyrics and see the difference in gold. Eminem thinks out of the box.

It happens everytime these days, that's why you see Jay-Z talking bout how rich he is on a song named Diamonds from Sierra-leone

Hahahaha. . . . . . .Jay-Z murdered Kanye on that track.

How could you falter when you're the rock of gibraltar
I had to get off the boat so I could walk on water

People lined up to see the Titanic sinkin'
Instead we rose from the ash like a phoenix

Eldee, tell Kanye to spend more time writing meaningful lyrics.
Fans want to see a high level of work committed into printing lyrics not the type that Master P and Slick Rick are churning out in the early 90s.
P.S. I sent an album to your box some hours ago, did you get it?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by MrTA(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2009
Wait, did you just dis Slick Rick the Ruler?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by mailmalc(m): 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2009
Eminem is a lyrical god. Stay wide awake is one of my favourites . . rily liked his last verse especially the 'Jabba the hut" part grin. He rhymed wit a single rhythm all thru the second verse, first time i heard it i ws like WOOOOOO!. Reminds me of Papoose- thug connection (it's got the highest number of same multi syllable rhymes ever used in a verse).

Papoose- Thug Connection
My lyrical tendency's equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal's penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It's like I'm a physical treasury
Deep into weaponry, psychotic niggas who envy me
Wanna be nuts, so I bust nuts like my genitals sexually
Punished in my mother's stomach by swimmin through Hennessy
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries
Syllable therapy, invincible visual energy
No artist identity resemble me, I flow like a mineral chemically
Cause I flow with a chemical chemistry
I can flow like the river through Tennessee
The mystical seventh sea, or currency at the Senegal embassy
At birth although it's umbilical regulary
They cut a mic chord and disconnected me
Leaders political threaten me for what I write in my lyrical melody
While others broke laws, I broke lyrical legacies cheesy
Flip forever, live for infinite, respect the P
It's Papoose, I conquered this caliber, next degree
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by mailmalc(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2009
[flash=300,300]http://www.metrolyrics.com/scroller/heart.swf?lyricid=752841182[/flash]

I tink Eminem bullied the others wit his delivery. Kanye, Drake nd Wizzy wer soudin like a triplet of gays. Drake had a more meaningful verse, Wizzy's flow ws nice bt very poor lyrics  undecided Kanye ws jst being playful as usual  grin
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by mailmalc(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2009
Just saw this on youtube . .  .  LOW KEY-  ALPHABET ASSASIN. It's like a remake of Papoose Alphabetical Slaughter jst dat this one is a bit more flexible.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WtpIPqndHg[/flash]
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Sauron
Are you sure you sent it to the right email ad??
You know it's dot co dot uk.
I'll drop an offline wiv the correct one.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
eldee:

@Sauron
Are you sure you sent it to the right email ad??
You know it's dot co dot uk.
I'll drop an offline wiv the correct one.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. . . . . . . .I goofed it again. . . .I used dot com.
Was feening generous this morn and i sent you Immortal Technique's "Revolutionary, Vol I."
I am on a mission to rehabilitate your Kanyeniac mind. grin grin grin grin

@ Mailmalc,

Eminem fucking ripped that that track.
The first time is annoying accent actually worked on a song.
2nd verse was awesome but then he came harder in the 3rd verse with Jawa n Jabba The Hutt. . . . .

Such nostalgia and power such prowess look how you cower
Jumped out on you now like I was a Jawa from fuckin' star wars
Jabba the Hutt biddy bye bye, biddy bye bye it's time to die die
Ought to not even bother to scream it don't even matter
Amazing when grazing skin with these razor blades he waves at ya
Not your everyday Damien bathe me in holy water.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2009
Bamsyle:

And if one day Em decides to fart and belch on a track, Stans would cook up another cock 'n' bull story . . . they'll say he's being innovative . . . grin grin grin

I know i have reffered to u aa a genius on this same Nl before, so i suppose to you will easily detect some sort of irony in this your statement. Just in case i was wrong though, i have highlighted the pointers. Please give credit when and where it is due.

eldee:

I think eldee is jus mad kanye got his chance to rate against eminem on a song and still got served. So much so he, eldee, had to quote diamonds from sierra leone has jay's off topic song. Kanye had long since derailed the song before the remix was made.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by chic2pimp(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2009
^^^^^^ RED ALERT. EMINEM FANBOY IN DA HOUSE cool
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2009
^^^^^^^^^ whaiiiiiido!! Shadyphobic!!!
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by chic2pimp(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2009
^^^^^^^^ HOW HIGH DO YA RATE EM'? undecided

BEST RAPPER EVER?
undecided
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2009
my favorite does just fine for me,,,,,,ya'll can get ur panties in a knot over who the greatest!!! cool
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by osasp(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2009
yh he d best

wayne fell my hand doe

i dont think he knew em would be on the remake

his verse on the very first one was wayy better
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2009
slimshay:

I know i have reffered to u aa a genius on this same Nl before,

Have you??  shocked shocked

so i suppose to you will easily detect some sort of irony in this your statement. Just in case i was wrong though, i have highlighted the pointers. Please give credit when and where it is due.

Irony??

I know I've been doing a bad job of being detached when critic'ing Eminem on this forum . . . he's one of ma fave rappers . . . he's dope . . . but you lot always push thangs too far . . .

I've listened to the track under reference and was dazed when I came here to read comments like "Eminem buried/murdered the other rappers" and blah blah . . .

No way . . . each verse on that track is as good as it gets.

I want to believe the only reason y'all be sayin' Em outshone the rest is cos his verse is the fastest-paced and most aggressive . . . PERIOD. Aside that, there's nutin relatively out-of-the-ordinary about it . . .

Kanye as usual dropped his pop-culture references . . . Weezy did his routine rhetorics . . . Drake remained on-topic throughout - his lyrics were the most apt/suitable for the track's theme . . . lyrically, I daresay Drake tore that sh*t to shreds . . .

And you'll observe that my post was in response to chic's assertion that guys love to overhype thangs . . . I agree 150% . . . Eminem is a good rapper . . . but the way you guys elevate him atimes . . .

Makes me think the dude was born to be overrated . . .  cheesy

No disrespect intended . . . trust me.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by slimshay(m): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2009
Bamsyle:

Have you?? shocked shocked

Yes i have, sometimes when we were on the emcee/rapper debate, incidentally em came up there too. Not from me oh!!

Well you might have your opinion about Em but he is far from hype. There is a reason he is called a rap bully, he steals the shine at your own party. Stans grin did not create 'mudered' Nas did, and those eternal lines gave strong credibilty to the song that is generally seen as the one that gave the battle to Nas: Ether.

Stan, Ether,,,,,,interesting that those two words have made it into hip-hop dictionary.

Lets not go into the eminem-credibilyt dabate right now tho.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by chic2pimp(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2009
Bamsyle:

I know I've been doing a bad job of being detached when critic'ing Eminem on this forum . . . he's one of ma fave rappers . . . he's dope . . . but you lot always push thangs too far . . .

I've listened to the track under reference and was dazed when I came here to read comments like "Eminem buried/murdered the other rappers" and blah blah . . .

No way . . . each verse on that track is as good as it gets.

I want to believe the only reason y'all be sayin' Em outshone the rest is cos his verse is the fastest-paced and most aggressive . . . PERIOD. Aside that, there's nutin relatively out-of-the-ordinary about it . . .

Kanye as usual dropped his pop-culture references . . . Weezy did his routine rhetorics . . . Drake remained on-topic throughout - his lyrics were the most apt/suitable for the track's theme . . . lyrically, I daresay Drake tore that sh*t to shreds . . .

And you'll observe that my post was in response to chic's assertion that guys love to overhype thangs . . . I agree 150% . . . Eminem is a good rapper . . . but the way you guys elevate him atimes . . .

Makes me think the dude was born to be overrated . . .  cheesy

No disrespect intended . . . trust me.

To be honest though,what else did you expect from fanboys? undecided. My friend who is a Big Jigga fan is the same. He believes jay is the greatest thing to walk this earth and no one can convince him otherwise. He'll even argue his point to death.

Eminem is one of my top 5 fav rapper however I think y'all on this page are taking things too far. I'll say it again,Yes his verse was sick but he certainly did not murder no one.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Bamsyle(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2009
slimshay:

Well you might have your opinion about Em but he is far from hype. There is a reason he is called a rap bully, he steals the shine at your own party. Stans grin did not create 'mudered' Nas did, and those eternal lines gave strong credibilty to the song that is generally seen as the one that gave the battle to Nas: Ether.

Believe me Slim, you're a modest Eminem fan . . . if not for some slight differences here n there in our POV when Eminem is the subject, we're almost on the same page . . .

I respect ya opinion and when I say "Stans", trust me I know what I'm saying . . . wink

Well, to each his own . . .

chic2pimp:

. . . Yes his verse was sick but he certainly did not murder no one.

C'est finis.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
chic2pimp:

Eminem is one of my top 5 fav rapper however I think y'all on this page are taking things too far. I'll say it again,Yes his verse was sick but he certainly did not murder no one.

Chic2chimp, we are not analysing Fuji music here. . . . . .

A collaboration like this is generally perceived to be a battle of lyrical wits.
On the track in question, Eminem MURDERED, CREMATED and BURIED his contemporaries with guile, panache and subliminal punchlines.
Go to a thousand blogs on the net and see what fans of Kanye and Weezy are saying about the track.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2009
slimshay:

I think eldee is jus mad kanye got his chance to rate against eminem on a song and still got served. So much so he, eldee, had to quote diamonds from sierra leone has jay's off topic song. Kanye had long since derailed the song before the remix was made.
Didn't you see me point out Kanye as a culprit??
The song itself was just a way of tapping into the hype that surrounded Blood Diamonds at the time of it's release.
He'd originally named the song Diamond Is Forever before changing the name so as not be confused with Jay-Z's song with the same title.
The remix however was his way of drawing attention to the plight of the children in Sierra Leone . . . he had new verses that were on point.

Jay-Z's verse on that remix had nothing to do with Sierra Leone and that's the one i was talking about.

Bamsyle:

Thank you!!!
I said it but they said it's because I'm not Em's biggest fan.
Nowadays rappers jst drop generic verses and force them on collabos. . . Eminem woulda still done this I go break bottle for ya head routine even if the name of the song was Let There Be Love. cheesy cheesy

The pace of his delivery created a shock effect that got all the Stans hyping.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2009

Nowadays rappers jst drop generic verses and force them on collabos. . . Eminem woulda still done this I go break bottle for ya head routine even if the name of the song was Let There Be Love.

The pace of his delivery created a shock effect that got all the Stans hyping.

"All rappers involved bring their A-game to the track, but Em comes out the MVP" . . . . . .Rolling Stone magazine.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chic2chimp, we are not analysing Fuji music here. . . . . .

A collaboration like this is generally perceived to be a battle of lyrical wits.
On the track in question, Eminem MURDERED, CREMATED and BURIED his contemporaries with guile, panache and subliminal punchlines.
Go to a thousand blogs on the net and see what fans of Kanye and Weezy are saying about the track.

Punchlines??  cheesy cheesy
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
“I’m Hannibal Lector so in case you’re thinking about saving face,
You ain’t gonna have no face to save by the time I’m through with this place.”

No face to save??
Remember H.Lector taking off the face of a CO in "Silence Of The Lambs"?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

“I’m Hannibal Lector so in case you’re thinking about saving face,
You ain’t gonna have no face to save by the time I’m through with this place.”

No face to save??
Remember H.Lector taking off the face of a CO in "Silence Of The Lambs"?
Don't even start on punchlines man . . . Eminem is not a punchline person.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Uchedude(m): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
Anyone listened to maino's "all the above"?
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by Sauron1: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2009
eldee:

Don't even start on punchlines man . . . Eminem is not a punchline person.

A wigga that grew up battling is not a punchline person?
So how did he win all those battles he's been through?

Eldee, go and find someone else to wind up.
It's too early to start yapping over what is so obvious.
Re: Drake - Forever Ft. Wayne,kanye & Eminem. Eminem Has Done It Again by eldee(m): 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2009
Nah . . . who didn'tgrow up on the streets??
50 Cent??
What I'm saying is, Eminem's delivery doesn't leave any space for punchlines
Artistes like Jay-Z, Bigge, 'Kiss build their lines round punchlines, Eminem doesn't.
Em's lines aren't individual, the first line is related to the last . . . for an artiste like Jay-Z each bar is a punchline in it's own right.

Lil Wayne dropped more punchlines than Eminem on that track.
Em had only one punchline on Forever . . . I dare you to prove me wrong grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olo Mi -- By Tosin Martins. / Wande Coal to Launch Record Label, Has Don Jazzy's Support / New Video: Terry G – So High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.