Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? (2694 Views)

Atheists/agnostic/non-religious Memes / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / Non-Religious Africans, How Easy/Hard Has Dating Been For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2017
(Full disclosure: I am quite religious)
Everyone, Atheists, Religionists, be you christian, moslem, or hindu, we need this question answered:

Why are all - I mean just about ALL - tech giants non-religious?
From Seun to Facebook founder to Ray Kurzweil of Google, you can't find a single tech giant who is conventionally religious, talkless of being a religious fanatic. Why is it that the most potent means of information dissemination and technological advancement are put in the hands of people who are not religious?

It always amuses me when I read christians on NL complaining that Seun favors moslems or vice-versa.
I find it funny that the irony of it all escapes them: why is it that the most potent means of spreading religious message and proselytizing are put in the hands of non-believers?!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are Danites - members of DAN (Detribalised Association of Nigeria)
To become a Danite you must be nominated by a Danite
You must also be against tribal bigotry and secession
If you wish to become a Danite, just say so
Your profile will be vetted to see if you qualify

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
illuminated93, Addy003, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14, Clean2016, isalegan2, ilekokonit, xtianh, drabeey, jumper524, mrmystro, ahmed99, royaluc, dongreat, winterfell007, afobear, quotasystem, nabiz, deleyi20, mujtahida, stagger, horllamideh, jnrremedy, litmus, limitless777, shervydman, ikio
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Join our email list as soon as you can by emailing:
wetinconsignme@asia.com

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Only a fool believe there is no God.
Simple!!
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:27am On Sep 04, 2017
modelmike7:
Only a fool believe there is no God.

Simple!!

That's evading the question. I am religious myself. Are you saying from Ray kurtzweil to Mark Zuckerburg to Seun are all fools? At least give us an answer that makes a little sense!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2017
WetinConsignMe:

That's evading the question. I am religious myself. Are you saying from Ray kurtzweil to Mark Zuckerburg to Seun are all fools? At least give us an answer that makes a little sense!

Proverb 26.4
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 3:30am On Sep 04, 2017
Stop claiming Mark Zukerberg, he has told you people he is not an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 4:50am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:

Well, I didn't say they are atheists. I said they are not conventionally religious. What conventional religion does Mark Zuckerberg belong to?
I know for sure he was a flaming atheist when he founded facebook.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by DeSepiero(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2017
More often than not, there is a negative correlation between intelligence and religiousity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by uvalued(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2017
... but they are seeking eternal life by pumping money into eternality research ...so what do you think is

Back in 1988, Rod Stewart belted it out at the top of his lungs: "Forever young, forever young!"

So did the lesser known German synthpop band Alphaville, singing: "Forever young, I want to be forever young. Do you really want to live forever? Forever, and ever."

Here's the music video, but don't watch too much of it or your mind will start to age dramatically:

Those songs aren't just a throwback to the awesome 80's. "Forever Young" appears to have become the personal quest for a number of Silicon Valley billionaires and other elites who are pumping big bucks into efforts to live forever.

Their collective dream is a powerful reminder of the deep ache for eternity that resides in the heart of every person.

I would argue that ache is actual proof of an afterlife, that every human spir[b][/b]it innately knows there should be something more.

Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page must be feeling it. They spent more than a billion dollars to create Calico Labs to research ways to battle the inevitable.

Oracle's Larry Ellison is also on a quest for man-made eternal life, reportedly spending $430M on immortality research.

And Amazon's billionaire businessman Jeff Bezos is funneling millions into Unity Biotechnology, a company on a mission to find ways "to slow - or stop - the aging process or enable immortality."

Meanwhile, PayPal founder Peter Thiel has also given cash to Unity, as well as Alcor, a cryogenic company which freezes people's bodies in the hopes that one day a cure can be found for death.

"Last fall, Unity raised a hundred and sixteen million dollars from such investors as Jeff Bezos and Peter Thiel, billionaires eager to stretch our lives, or at least their own, to a span that Thiel has pinpointed as 'forever,'" the New Yorker reports.

According to numerous media reports, Thiel is also very interested in the possibility that injecting blood from young people into older people could be part of an anti-aging solution.

"That practice is known as parabiosis, and, according to Thiel, it's a potential biological Fountain of Youth--the closest thing science has discovered to an anti-aging panacea," Inc.com reports.

It's not just the Silicon Valley billionaire crowd who are hoping to achieve man-made eternal life.

The New Yorker reports about a gathering which included Hollywood elites like Goldie Hawn, in Norman Lear's living room, speaking to a Nobel Prize winner about a powerful antioxidant nicknamed the "God Molecule."

No need to go on and on and on. You get the picture.

Sure, I get what these people are after. If I didn't have anything to look forward to beyond this world, my dozens of dollars would be right there with those billionaires' big bucks.

And maybe in the midst of this quest for man-made eternal life, some good research will actually help find cures for diseases. But I know one thing for sure. No matter how much science advances, everyone will have to face death at some point. What comes after that is up to you.

"People are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many," Hebrews 11:27-28 says.

Of course, death and eternal life are at the crux of Christianity, and the Bible cuts right to the heart of the matter on many occasions.

So how can we have eternal life, with or without a billion dollars?

Jesus said in John 17:3, "This is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

And Jesus boldly declared in John 11:25, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."

There it is. The cure for death.

Jesus also said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me." He didn't say He was "a way" or "one of many truths" or "one possible source of life." He said THE way, THE truth, THE life.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow. But everyone is

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/health/2017/july/billionaires-pour-big-bucks-into-manmade-eternal-life-but-heres-what-the-bible-says?cpid=:ID:-20565-:DT:-2017-07-19-08:26:06-:US:-MJ2-:CN:-CP1-:PO:-NC1-:ME:-SU1-:SO:-FB1-:SP:-NW1-:PF:-TX1-

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Niflheim(m): 9:11am On Sep 04, 2017
@op,

Do not forget Elon Musk. He is a "Transhumanist"!!! Also, the famous American computer programmer(Aaron Swartz), was a "Dataist"!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2017
Nonreligious people are almost always classified as atheists. And no Mark said he was never atheist and was even raised Jewish.
WetinConsignMe:

Well, I didn't say they are atheists. I said they are not conventionally religious. What conventional religion does Mark Zuckerberg belong to?
I know for sure he was a flaming atheist when he founded facebook.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Nonreligious people are almost always classified as atheists. And no Mark said he was never atheist and was even raised Jewish.

when did he say the above, you're just lying on a per post billing

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2017
Lie over such an irrelevant topic?

Thought you must've seen it, even seun created a thread on it. Google is your friend.
hopefulLandlord:

when did he say the above, you're just lying on a per post billing

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:

Thought you must've seen it, even seun created a thread on it. Google is your friend.

I'm asking you for where he said "I was never an atheist"

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 9:55am On Sep 04, 2017
And I'm telling you to use Google. Is that too hard to do?
hopefulLandlord:

I'm asking you for where he said "I was never an atheist"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 9:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
And I'm telling you to use Google. Is that too hard to do?

I did, didn't see it so please post the link containing that quote

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2017
I don't have the time for that, it was all over nairaland last year, do the research if you truly wanna know.
hopefulLandlord:

I did, never saw that so please post the link containing that quote
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
I don't have the time for that, it was all over nairaland last year, do the research if you truly wanna know.

you see your problem here? it was a Christian that created that topic "Zuckerberg was never an atheist", you read the title and ran away with it

I hope you haven't applied for a bank loan recently? cuz you just proved you're the type the bank executives would say "Sign here please", you'll sign then realise sometime later that you didn't read what you signed and are getting charged several fees they never told you about

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2017
Thrash!

Its obvious you're the one with the problem. Didn't I mention earlier that even Seun himself created the thread because he was hurt and in disbelief of Mark's very own words? Does the fact you saw another thread by different person negate Seun's thread?

Mark Zukerberg posted it on his Facebook account when asked so quit this senseless talk and stop making reference to my personal life , you don't know me.

This is my last response to you. I won't read nor reply you any further.
hopefulLandlord:

you see your problem here? it was a Christian that created that topic "Zuckerberg was never an atheist", you read the title and ran away with it

I hope you haven't applied for a bank loan recently? cuz you just proved you're the type the bank executives would say "Sign here please", you'll sign then realise sometime later that you didn't read what you signed and are getting charged several fees they never told you about

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
lol. I don't tag myself atheist. In fact, if you ask if I'm an atheist, I will say big NO

Publicly declaring one's disbelief could cos wahala in future.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by hopefulLandlord: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Thrash!

Its obvious you're the one with the problem. Didn't I mention earlier that even Seun himself created the thread because he was hurt and in disbelief of Mark's very own words? Does the fact you saw another thread by different person negate Seun's thread?

Mark Zukerberg posted it on his Facebook account when asked so quit this senseless talk and stop making reference to my personal life , you don't know me.

This is my last response to you. I won't read nor reply you any further.

it shouldn't be too hard for you to go to the Seun thread you're talking about and get the quote of zuckerberg saying "I was never an atheist", should it?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
can you defend the bold word?

Ehhh?
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:

This is what happens when you only read a thread title without clicking to carefully read it contents.

Mark was asked by a fan if he was an AN ATHEIST.
His response was simple; NO, but religion is important

Don't add your own lies next time
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:

non religious people can either be deist, atheists or agnostics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2017
Meaning that Mark must've lied about his religious or non religious beliefs?
adepeter2027:
lol. I don't tag myself atheist. In fact, if you ask if I'm an atheist, I will say big NO

Publicly declaring one's disbelief could cos wahala in future.

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by chemystery: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Yes, and you know the good news? He is not bothered about going to hell for that reason

I have denied being atheist many times especially when I know being one in such occasion would be detrimental to me.

My christian friends said it is hypocrisy but i told them atheism is not stupidity and I reminded them on Friday that they are observing an Islamic holiday, but then, they ain't hypocrites grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
I didn't say "he must have lied" but I'm saying "he could have lied"....
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2017
And he could've lied, why? All the others who have publicly made their atheistic stances known, have they been attacked or recorded low patronage as opposed to before?,
adepeter2027:

I didn't say "he must have lied" but I'm saying "he could have lied"....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by Amberon11: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2017
Lied because of who? Lol, you're just all butthurt that your demigod denounced being atheist. Heck, even Seun vented out his frustrations that day, I recall vividly.

Fact is Mark is NOT atheist and he made that clear so don't try to assume what's not.
chemystery:
Yes, and you know the good news? He is not bothered about going to hell for that reason

I have denied being atheist many times especially when I know being one in such occasion would be detrimental to me.

My christian friends said it is hypocrisy but i told them atheism is not stupidity and I reminded them on Friday that they are observing an Islamic holiday, but then, they ain't hypocrites grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
And he could've lied, why? All the others who have publicly made their atheistic stances known, have they been attacked or recorded low patronage as opposed to before?,
When you're in Rome, behave like a Roman

1 Like

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by adepeter2027(m): 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Lied because of who? Lol, you're just all butthurt that your demigod denounced being atheist. Heck, even Seun vented out his frustrations that day, I recall vividly.

Fact is Mark is NOT atheist and he made that clear so don't try to assume what's not.
Nobody (atheist) felt bad instead it was the Christians on NL that were jubilating

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by chemystery: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Amberon11:

e pain am! grin
Re: Why Are Tech Giants All Non-religious? by WetinConsignMe: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
modelmike7:

Proverb 26.4

Meaning what? It's people like u that leave the impression that religious people are brainwashed, preconditioned zombies. Here we are, trying to have a reasonable conversation, and all u do us quote the bible.
Do u practice or agree with everything the bible says?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The False Doctrine Of Once Saved, Always Saved / Beware of a Simplistic Interpretation of Jesus's 2nd Coming Passages / Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.