Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? (987 Views)

Is This Jealousy Or Lack Of Trust? / LMAO When A Woman Can No Longer Control Her Jealousy (pics) / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 04, 2009
Okay, I love my boyfriend, But he's a flexing kinda guy, u know, Partyin, popping champagne, u know? Living the life, Am more of an indoor person, I'd rather have fun with my girls, U know? Safe fun, No big deal, The major problem is, I am such a jealous individual, He loves me, no doubt, But him hanging out in clubs, beaches et al, ain't good for my thinking. I don't know, I tell him most times that It's cos I love him that it all scares me, And he tells me to trust him dat he's just being youthful, Please nairalanders, I need to get rid of this jealous attitude, Any suggestions? Thank you.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by zmurda(m): 3:19am On Sep 04, 2009
move on, you are not compatible.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by fmafolabi(m): 3:21am On Sep 04, 2009
this is the time you need to let him know what you like and what you donot like.it is easier to let go before marriage than after marriage.be wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by sjeezy8: 3:32am On Sep 04, 2009
move on to sjeezy duh cool
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:15am On Sep 04, 2009
Your both two different individuals. . .and its either you compromise, tolerate and understand now or regret it later. . .
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:21am On Sep 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Your both two different individuals. . .and its either you compromise, tolerate and understand now or regret it later. . .

Very well said slim, that's what a relationship is a all about right smiley
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:27am On Sep 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Very well said slim, that's what a relationship is a all about right smiley

Yup and more. . .
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by LordReed(m): 9:13am On Sep 04, 2009
Jaylinaa my question is does he ask u to come along on his jaunts or does he fly solo. If he asks u n u refuse then u must reevaluate ur stand cos if u want to keep ur sanity u need to see ur guy as he is. If on the other hand he is flying solo n doesn't ask u sit him down n tell him ur concerns.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by Gabry(f): 9:45am On Sep 04, 2009
Poster, tell us why you dont like him partying? Is it because u are afraid that he might flirt with other ladies or is there any reason in particular?

First of all, get to know the reason why you are jelous than we can identify a solution.

Lord_Reed:

Jaylinaa my question is does he ask u to come along on his jaunts or does he fly solo. If he asks u n u refuse then u must reevaluate your stand cos if u want to keep your sanity u need to see your guy as he is. If on the other hand he is flying solo n doesn't ask u sit him down n tell him your concerns.

Yes and we also need your answer on this, poster smiley
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2009
z-murda:

I dont think so. Compactibility dosent have to come from living the same lifestyle. I think she's a little bit uptight . .

@ Poster:

If you love him and think he loves you too, I think you should loosen up a bit, have fun with him and like Thonia said, compromise. Not to tatally abandon your personality, but try and meet him half-way!!

As for the jealousy, its normal and one sure way of getting over your jealousy is by hanging out with him too.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by iice(f): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

True that.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by 190: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Poster

lets talk privately
lemme tell u more abt this kind of guy and what exactly wud
make him more composed 4 ur type

these kind of guys trust me i know their problems!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by yme1(f): 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2009
190:

@Poster

lets talk privately
make him more composed 4 your type

talk am for here tongue wink
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by MoneyRule(m): 1:40am On Sep 05, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

I think that about does it.
@ThoniaSlim
YES!!
I'll catch you when you fall.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 05, 2009
Move on, the hypertension is not worth it.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by bydot1(m): 6:34am On Sep 05, 2009
Hmm, two different ppl tryin make up sometin, i dnt knw if it wil work out. The poster dnt really trust d guy cuz she's thinkin he might be flirtin while goin to beaches n parties.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by no1madman(m): 7:13am On Sep 05, 2009
MoneyRule:

I think that about does it.
@ThoniaSlim
YES!!
I'll catch you when you fall.
i won't catch her when she fall------4 wetin na.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by na2day2(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2009
190:

@Poster

lets talk privately
make him more composed 4 your type

see persin wey wan give advice grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by TheSeeker(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2009
Jealousy is sure one of, and in fact, your major problem. You're an indoor type of person, which may be quite normal in a way and he's the outgoing kind (which you should expect). First of all, to limit your jealousy rate, you need to trust him and accept him for who he is. When you have that cleared out the way, you then start to worry about how often he parties, who he parties with and express your concern. Honestly, you might not see distrust from you towards him, it's exists but latent, and it's stealthily stimulating your jealousy.

If you need to discuss this with him, you need to demonstrate him you trust him -- as showing your lack of trust in him will lead to a situation you may not like -- but if you don't, never bring it up yet until you've worked on your trust issues.

You also need to ask yourself a couple of questions, like, who he hangs with, what kind of people his friends are, how often he does this, where and when he does, etc. You said you're sure he loves you; you can take the reasons into consideration and that will help in taming your jealousy, and believe me once you work on your trust issue, your jealousy rate will tone down to a humanly considerable limit.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by oyinda3(f): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2009
i say move on as well. u two are not compatible
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by follypimpi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2009
oyinda.:

i say move on as well. u two are not compatible

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by C2H5OH(f): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
I'm glad you understand your own problem @ poster. You just need to drive out that fear of yours before it decapitates your relationship, like tos said earlier.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by oyinda3(f): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
follypimpi:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

don't let me start on u. lol or do u want me to use u as a scapegoat. . .again?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by follypimpi(m): 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2009
oyinda.:

don't let me start on u. lol or do u want me to use u as a scapegoat. . .again?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by kim15: 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2009
z-murda:

[color=#990000]Would have done the same thing if u were to be her, hiss hiss hiss[/color]
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by kim15: 7:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
@poster u don't have to feel bad because u're jealous of ur man, jealousy is a natural thing that anybody could be doing its only that too much of it is not good just as too much of everything is bad. All u need do is just to understand him more better and always remember that pple cant be d same, that is why u're who u are and he is who he is , you just have to learn how to live with it and love him for who he is, then keep praying for him hopefully one day he will be that man you have always wanted him to be . no cause for alarm.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by saucekid(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2009
@ poster
to get rid of jealousy abi?

go hug transformer
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
kim_13:

@poster u don't have to feel bad because u're jealous of your man, jealousy is a natural thing that anybody could be doing its only that too much of it is not good just as too much of everything is bad. All u need do is just to understand him more better and always remember that pple cant be d same, that is why u're who u are and he is who he is , you just have to learn how to live with it and love him for who he is, then keep praying for him hopefully one day he will be that man you have always wanted him to be . no cause for alarm.

Thanx alot!
TheSeeker:

Jealousy is sure one of, and in fact, your major problem. You're an indoor type of person, which may be quite normal in a way and he's the outgoing kind (which you should expect). First of all, to limit your jealousy rate, you need to trust him and accept him for who he is. When you have that cleared out the way, you then start to worry about how often he parties, who he parties with and express your concern. Honestly, you might not see distrust from you towards him, it's exists but latent, and it's stealthily stimulating your jealousy.

If you need to discuss this with him, you need to demonstrate him you trust him -- as showing your lack of trust in him will lead to a situation you may not like -- but if you don't, never bring it up yet until you've worked on your trust issues.

You also need to ask yourself a couple of questions, like, who he hangs with, what kind of people his friends are, how often he does this, where and when he does, etc. You said you're sure he loves you; you can take the reasons into consideration and that will help in taming your jealousy, and believe me once you work on your trust issue, your jealousy rate will tone down to a humanly considerable limit.

Well said, Thanx,

Rest of Y'all, Thanx for the advice,
saucekid:

@ poster
to get rid of jealousy abi?

go hug transformer
You really don't have to waste ur MMBs, Dere are way beta things to do besides bullshittin, U freak!! Arrghhh!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Jealousy? by holydemon: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2009
You can't get rid of jaalousy the best thing for you is t start seeing other guys to make him jealous also.

(1) (Reply)

Should Anxiety Set In Wen A Lady Is Above 28yrs Without Suitors / Also Another Face Book Question Regarding People In A Relationship. Justified? / When Your Heart & Mind Disagree About The Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.