Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! (25469 Views)

How To Handle Work Stress In Nigeria / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Ok what do u want to hear?
From your statemet he started by holding your hand and you acted maturely...

Now his hands is getting down your private part according by your post....

We men behave funny when we see a girl as cheap with slutry behaviour, so co ordinate your self no man will try lowering his hand down your private part in the office or talk of sex with you if you behave responsible.

unfortunately slowpokes like you can procreate.

your parents did a terrible job raising you, but still you won't teach yourself and now, you're are waste to the humanity.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Please i have told you i don't have your time, check the number of likes on the post then you will realize that your stup.idness is 100%

It just indemnifies the messed up way Nigerians think. If a thousand people liked you jumping off a cliff, would you jump? Smh.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

It just indemnifies the messed up way Nigerians think. If a thousand people liked you jumping off a cliff, would you jump? Smh.
so you think the people liking the post are foolish... Your type is rare on earth nowadays... Bush boy!
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Estherfaith: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
byvan03:
You should learn to draw boundaries, you don't mope on while you get molested because you think you are acting mature. Learn to reject what you don't want from onset, you don't let him hold your hands and think that's maturity. You only proved you are weak and he believes with the right amount of pressure, you will carve in. Acting mature is standing up for yourself and saying a big No to bull*shit.

yes, that's where I got it wrong, tho, I am not a baby and I made it clear to him right from the start, but maybe I was soft with my approach that's why he continued. Thank you
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by wacoj(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
What your boss is doing to you is bad and i hate it but
this problem is usually caused by you girls.
Most of the time, you go to the office almost half naked.
Don't forget that a man is moved by what he sees, by wearing those things,
you do, you are indirectly inviting a man to try his luck.

I strongly believe he must have seen some part of you which you shouldn't have exposed to him.
If you are the type that dresses well to work, a man will find it difficult reasoning in that direction with you.

Advice: Jobs are very difficult to get these days: if you want him to flee from you, start dressing to cover every part of you.
Don't wear those trousers that shows all the contour on ur front and back. Don't wear that provocative mini skirt or that so tight and short gown.

Change your dressing and see the magic but if you are considering making a case with him, get ready to face the after effect because the public will think he raped you. (I believe u are not married) Be wise!
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Estherfaith: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
cekhoe:
I believe you op,him making you look incompetent is going to get worse, until you either resign or get fired, before it gets to that level you need evidence to nail him,especially video, if I had known in my case I would have made the move on time,only to get fired unjustly so I suggest you act fast,and when you finally have evidence, tell him to stop or you will follow the issue legally, and don't tell him you have evidence, I repeat, don't tell him you have evidence, because such men have huge ego and are often seen by society as responsible and godly, and can get dangerous to cover up their perverse ways.Till date date the man who introduced me to the job stil doesn't believe that my former boss who is an elder in the church could do such a thing,as for those insinuating the it's by what he sees that's why he is harrassing her,my own boss harassed both married, unmarried female staff
Thank you very much. So far, last week was my worst week working with him, we fought through out, condemning everything I did. to make the matter worse, He accused me that I can go to blazes because he never opened his mouth to ask me out, so I have nothing against him.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by byvan03: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

yes, that's where I got it wrong, tho, I am not a baby and I made it clear to him right from the start, but maybe I was soft with my approach that's why he continued. Thank you

Yes, you were soft. If you warned him with blazing eyes from onset , he wouldn't dare again.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
so you think the people liking the post are foolish... Your type is rare on earth nowadays... Bush boy!

They are all foolish. It is a case of birds of a feather, flocking together. And based on that, there are a lot of rapists in Nigeria. You and all of them would be spending 10 to life in a maximum security facility in a normal country with that kind of mentality.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by lereinter(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
If the guy is actually harassing

Do him the unilorin girl scandal

Just record and post
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Estherfaith:

Thank you very much. So far, last week was my worst week working with him, we fought through out, condemning everything I did. to make the matter worse, He accused me that I can go to blazes because he never opened his mouth to ask me out, so I have nothing against him.
that is why you need evidence, because even if you tell anyone, and it will be your word against his,and trust me people will believe and even accuse you of being the bad person trying to ruin his good name, getting evidence preferably video is your only chance
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by katniss(f): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Ok what do u want to hear?
From your statemet he started by holding your hand and you acted maturely...

Now his hands is getting down your private part according by your post....

We men behave funny when we see a girl as cheap with slutry behaviour, so co ordinate your self no man will try lowering his hand down your private part in the office or talk of sex with you if you behave responsible.

That is not always the case
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by captain247: 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
ednut1:
always read before you comment. He owns d coy. @op u hv to leave d job asap. I have noticed most business owners sleep/want to sleep with their female staff. All those sexy secretary nd admin workers. I don witness am live smh. Some ladies too dress seductively. U cannot turn left or right in a office and not see exposed yellow laps or bust. Mtcheeew

And what difference does it make? You have no idea what it means to have sexual harassment policy in a company. It's not ment for employees alone if u must know. I guess your company too doesn't have such policy in place from your comment.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

They are all foolish. It is a case of birds of a feather, flocking together. And based on that, there are a lot of rapists in Nigeria. You and all of them would be spending 10 to life in a maximum security facility in a normal country with that kind of mentality.
Story of a kid... Clap for yourself!
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Story of a kid... Clap for yourself!

You haven't said anything meaningful to further your argument. Let me help you understand how normal people think. I personally hate it when i see women dress like whores, but i will not say because of that i will support the notion that it is the woman's fault for being assaulted because of it. I find the lifestyle of a homosexual disgusting, but i will not say because of that they should not be left alone to live their lives. As long as they don't harm me anyone or the society they can do whatever they like. Only sick people justify their beliefs with barbaric acts. You can only get away with shiit like that in Nigeria/Africa.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Franky826: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
daewoorazer:

Egbon Franky826, u bad o shocked
lol 'spy tools' camera is on playstore and guess what its free!!! grin
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

You haven't said anything meaningful to further your argument. Let me help you understand how normal people think. I personally hate it when i see women dress like whores, but i will not say because of that i will support the notion that it is the woman's fault for being assaulted because of it. I find the lifestyle of a homosexual disgusting, but i will not say because of that they should not be left alone to live their lives. As long as they don't harm me anyone or the society they can do whatever they like. Only sick people justify their beliefs with barbaric acts. You can only get away with shiit like that in Nigeria/Africa.
Am done with you, do you think it is easy to talk to a two day old baby and he/she understands? I see from ur write up and reasoning as a kid, when you grow you will se things the way they are.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by pippimp(m): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Am done with you, do you think it is easy to talk to a two day old baby and he/she understands? I see from ur write up and reasoning as a kid, when you grow you will se things the way they are.

If anyone is acting like a petulant child, it is you. Only children cannot defend their thought process. Read through your comments so far. You have not said anything in defense of your stance. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
ofemigeorge:
The way you dress is the way people address u. Do u have a big booty and wear very tight short skirt. You makeup are they heavy that makes you look like a lose girl. You shirt may be too tight showing cleavage. I still use to say it most of all these women makeup, fake hair, lip stuck are possess things from Marine world to make men loss control sexually towards the wearer. Make I no start to dey preach....just look more decent.

You and I know that "looking more decent" is a subjective term. Some women with huge boobs may still look "indecent" in any top that completely covers their chest area.

Moreover, a woman's style of dressing cannot be used to legitimize sexual harassment on her person. If a woman wears miniskirts and short shorts to work (provided that it conforms to company policy), the men around her shouldn't automatically feel that they have to touch her inappropriately, or utter nasty and creepy words towards her.

Her boss, as an educated adult, should have learned to exercise restraint and not give in easily to his perverted desires.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by gabazin080(m): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
You prostitute mother didn't bring you up well, little bastard.

you never cease to be an idiot in every comment u post on nairaland. you and other fo0ls like u made them close deckovi's thread cus you are too broke to play his games, and now you are here calling someones mother a prostitute like your father has ever slept with her before.
i doubt you were brought up by a good mother and not a prostiute mother and a drunkard father.

you need to grow up and stop bringing your job seeking frustration here. if only you had a good mother, she would have told you to go and learn some skill while still in school. you wouldnt have been this frustrated if you had a plan b
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
gabazin080:

you never cease to be an idiot in every comment u post on nairaland. you and other fo0ls like u made them close deckovi's thread cus you are too broke to play his games, and now you are here calling someones mother a prostitute like your father has ever slept with her before.
i doubt you were brought up by a good mother and not a prostiute mother and a drunkard father.

you need to grow up and stop bringing your job seeking frustration here. if only you had a good mother, she would have told you to go and learn some skill while still in school. you wouldnt have been this frustrated if you had a plan b
I seeeeeee it's only stupidity that you inherited from your father...
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by ednut1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
captain247:

And what difference does it make? You have no idea what it means to have sexual harassment policy in a company. It's not ment for employees alone if u must know. I guess your company too doesn't have such policy in place from your comment.
well i work with an international firm grin and we hv d policy. I hv also worked in a one man owned company. There are mostly no policies d owner dictates. The op works for a private coy nd d owner is harassing her. So who is she going to report to Everyone is answerable to d owner if u must knw. She shud leave as soon as see finds anoda job

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Ability247(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
Op I understand your predicament. Unfortunately, especially in Nigeria, people are quick to believe that the woman must be responsible for the man's irresponsible behavior.

The man owns the company. That means he has the money, hence the power, to make you more uncomfortable than you can make him if you don't play your cards right.

Go to a good lawyer. Tell him/her everything and ask for his/her professional advice. He/she will be the one to tell you exactly what kind of evidence you should get that would nail him in any court, and how the evidence should be gotten; cases have been thrown out of court because the evidence was obtained the wrong way.

Follow your lawyer's advice and get the evidence exactly that way. This includes the tone of your voice and what you should say/not say should the evidence include a spy video (which would probably be involved). Then your lawyer shall advise you on your next move. Make sure the lawyer has no affiliation with the company o... you don't want to later discover he and your boss play tennis every evening in one popular bar - the battle would be lost even before it commences.

Do not slap him. Never lay your hand on him. Your lawyer should and would tell you that too.

Do not confide in anyone in that company, because it's a one-man company (from what you said). Most of them wouldn't mind to get on the boss good side with a little amebo and snitching, and there's no way to tell who won't do that to you.

His next move may be to talk to another male worker you are friendly with that he wants to "get you" and promise him something if he helps make it happen. So when someone comes with some twisted philosophy of "being smart", "are u a virgin (like it's a crime or bad thing, smh)", or "this is how life works... simply use him to get what you want, u will become in charge, he can take care of u, bla bla bla", just know that it's one of his minions and the dude doesn't give a rat asss about u. He is only looking out for himself.

Stop thinking of continuing in that company. Search elsewhere but do not resign. Keep praying and keep resisting him till you get enough evidence for a case. Then resign and sue for damages or whatever it's called. If you get another job before that, even if it's for a lower pay, leave that lion's den please. If you haven't gotten a new job by the time you resign, stay in your house and keep job hunting or picking up a new skill. The money from the case you will win will sustain you till something better comes along. Always seek your lawyer's advice before you make a move though.

Make sure the case is publicized widely... reach out to newspapers and other media companies, tv, radio, the works. Reach out to female bodies that fight for their own - many of them would want to come konk the man on your behalf, invite you to their shows or seminars, and you may land a much better job through them.

This lemon can become fresh lemonade; just be smart about it. Start with seeking out a good, maybe female lawyer. A fellow woman would pursue the case with more passion. Many, many men would too, don't get me wrong. If I were a lawyer, I would invite you to my office instantly, no pay at all, and see that you get full justice. As I was reading your story, I kept asking myself how I would feel if this is my sister or fiancé.

Wearing a ring on your finger won't help you - this man has no respect for his own wife; why would he respect your prospective husband. Heck, the man has no respect for God himself.

Women, this is a serious issue. Whenever you are harrased, make it a biggg deal - the right way. Find smart lawyer and use the man to shine. This rubbish usually happens in one-man corporations. And please make up your minds to devote time to raise godly, finer gentlemen with your husbands; don't leave them to be raised by house helps because your career was more important. This goes to men too.

All the best my sister. Forgive the length. Take action today, don't wait. Look for a lawyer. angry

Peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by holyword: 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
If you ve fear of God,resign and God will repay than to be eating blood mmey like a prostitute. any money got after sex or because of sex is blood money.time of ignorance has past.
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by gabazin080(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
I seeeeeee it's only stupidity that you inherited from your father...
like u inherited poverty and being foolish from your drunkard father
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by vanhayor(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
Lykar:
dont leave the job yet search for another once u've got one.embarass ur boss nd quit
U don get job wey u 1 giv her??
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by Seeeeeeee: 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
gabazin080:
like u inherited poverty and being foolish from your drunkard father
You are dirty go take your bath... Idiat
Re: How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! by columbus007(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Frank3n2:

Yes na. So that we go watch am.. grin
married men been chasing Vjay since time immemorial cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Take Risks Without Knowing These / Dangote Paid Graduate Drivers N30,000 For 3-Months Training / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.