Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian (49031 Views)

Oluwo Rasheed Akanbi Welcomes Son, Names Him "Oduduwa" / " Oduduwa Is Your Father Not Jesus" - Nigerian Tells Ooni Of Ife / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by TRUTHSURE: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
one cannot serve two masters at the same time. One cannot be a traditionalist and at the same time, a christian.

Food for thought.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by micrep3030(m): 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Even JESUS is a father to oduduwa it self
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by MrPresident1: 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
The Yoruba people are Biblical Israelites, and Oduduwa is the banner ensign under which the dispersed of Judah arrived from the East, the name/title Oduduwa is another name for the dispersed of Judah. As with Israel, so is Oduduwa also depicted as a woman.

The Ooni is right, God has promised that He will gather His children back to Himself, God is only using the Ooni to project the ancient prophecy and promise that He will regather His people when the time comes. The time has come. grin

Oduduwa is not African, Oduduwa is Asiatic, from the area now called the Middle East. Oduduwa came from the East.

[b]Jeremiah 31:2
Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

Ezekiel 39:25
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Zephaniah 3:10
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.[/b]
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Lewist(m): 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
the throne of Oonirisa is too big for a small boy to handle,so whatever happened blame aregbe for it .....out
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by abdulwastecx(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
cktheluckyman:

This bright young man would put to end all this stupid oduduwa myth with its barbaric practices!! Long live the Ooni

Oduduwa myth us stupid to you because a Jewish book written thousands of years by uncountable number of author said so!!!

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Lilimax(f): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
AminuRano87:
Ooni should resign for this ABOMINATION
Rubbish! But if he has said Allah arkbar he will be accepted by you. Hypocrisy! embarassed
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by vicnairaland: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
You can't serve God and Satan same time. Your long staff cannot be replaced with a Bible. neither your shrine with an Altar. Christianity is not a life of assumption but s life of realities.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Roadmike(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
[size=20pt]What ever is your Business and concern !

Envy simply what is wrong with them enter Lagoon if you are not contended. Na by Force [/size]
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by mcyemite(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
Zico5:
Some people are so naïve. What is the big deal if Ooni said Jesus is his father. I was born and breed in Ife and ife is more or less a Christian environment not as some of the aliens view it. We have churches in every nook and crannies of Ile-Ife. The very king is a Christian right from the infant and it will be disastrous of him to forsake what u believe knowing fully well that the throne is temporary and heaven is permanent. God bless Ooni. He shall live long on the throne. Ade a pe Lori oba to mo Jesu.
lets leave the spiritual aspect aside for nw,this guy has no biological(dna) linkage with jesus,nd if he's truely a son of the soil(ile ife),its very likely he still share with he some dna with his ancestors..
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by mcyemite(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
AmazingDanny:
You just showcased how stupid you are. another Jihadist
thats how u people will be looking for trouble up nd down?why call him a jihadist?can u confront them if u see them?
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by r2beez(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
dbanjj1629:
[color=#000099][/color]Naija People!!! How does this affect the price of gari in the market? We go jst dey take panadal for another man headache. Na him life. Does d statement affects u in anyway? Answer me ooooo b4 I vex

Na garri u come dis life come drink Any small tin how dis take affect price of garri for market. If you cannot contribute meaningfully can't you learn to keep quiet? HAnnoying fellow
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Smooyis(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
cosade:

This what I will call long throat. You people don't know what Obaship entails.

I am Yoruba Prince and Christian, due to my Christian background I have never dreamt to be an Oba. Any truly born again Christian does not have any business being on that throne except for "long throat".

Read some of my old posts above.

I know what you mean, but God is God. He is supreme. He can decide to appoint anyone in order to change the course of doing things. He does as He wills. Many of the so called yoruba or African traditions are of the devil, and as such cannot endure the test of time as you think.

We need God intervention in our society

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Smooyis(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
cosade:

This what I will call long throat. You people don't know what Obaship entails.

I am Yoruba Prince and Christian, due to my Christian background I have never dreamt to be an Oba. Any truly born again Christian does not have any business being on that throne except for "long throat".

Read some of my old posts above.

I know what you mean, but God is God. He is supreme. He can decide to appoint anyone in order to change the course of doing things. He does as He wills. Many of the so called yoruba or African traditions are of the devil, and as such cannot endure the test of time as you think.

We need God's intervention in our society. And when God decides to take over, He puts His fear in the heart of the rulers, as well as the ruled.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by cosade(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Smooyis:

Exactly what I meant by "long throat". Christians are not to dine with the "devil" but to resist the "devil". So continued stay of a born again Oba on the throne is greed. You can't belong to two religions (traditional and Christian) at the same time. Equally, a born again Prince (and true Moslem Prince) has no business aspiring to ascend the throne in Yorubaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
plaetton:

The laugh is on you.

When was the last time a Jew, a Jewish Rabbi, a custodian of Hebrew culture and religion, acknowledged the lordship of your Christ?

What does the Ooni Of Ife , a Yoruba sovereign, an African, know about Hebrew mythology that the Rabbi's don't know yet ?

What privileged information does he have that the Jewish Rabbi's do not know about the myth of Christ ? undecided

Africans, brainfxxed since AD1800.
undecided undecided undecided
bros u no go grab. who no come no go know. I don't talk myth. until u hear wot I heard and see wot I saw, u no go reach my level. God is Spirit and d Jews are mere men.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
plaetton:

The laugh is on you.

When was the last time a Jew, a Jewish Rabbi, a custodian of Hebrew culture and religion, acknowledged the lordship of your Christ?

What does the Ooni Of Ife , a Yoruba sovereign, an African, know about Hebrew mythology that the Rabbi's don't know yet ?

What privileged information does he have that the Jewish Rabbi's do not know about the myth of Christ ? undecided

Africans, brainfxxed since AD1800.
undecided undecided undecided
bros u no go grab. who no come no go know. I don't talk myth. until u hear wot I heard and see wot I saw, u no go reach my level. God is Spirit and d Jews are mere men. salvation reached d gentiles (me, included) b/c of d same unbelieving and stubborn jews, so relax. they are still waiting for d messaiah to come, kikikikiki, I laugh again.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
Megaflex:
laughing at who? dat dude is more enlightened than u
no dey fool yourself. shaa, it all depends on wot enlightenment means to u.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
cktheluckyman:
They can go to hell!! Long live the Ooni!! I see this bright young man abolishing some of the stupid and archaic traditions including the abobaku rubbish

Yoruba have no stupid traditions.... it's fools like you with no identity that run mouth on issues like this

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
vicnairaland:
You can't serve God and Satan same time. Your long staff cannot be replaced with a Bible. neither your shrine with an Altar. Christianity is not a life of assumption but s life of realities.
God can't be boxed into a corner. He moves in mysterious ways His wonders to perform.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by plaetton: 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
eagleonearth:
bros u no go grab. who no come no go know. I don't talk myth. until u hear wot I heard and see wot I saw, u no go reach my level. God is Spirit and d Jews are mere men.

Just imagine the kind of crap a typical African mind is suffused with.

I weep. cry

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Smooyis:

look at this bastard... yes bastard cus by your statement that's what you are

you have become a man with no identity. ..wannabe jew

The Jews you worship that you claim to be of God will treat you less than a goat and you scream "racism!"

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Fabrepass(m): 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tbillz:
Ooni in Uk, Ooni rocking D and G, Ooni stuns Havard, Ooni chillin with Obama, Ooni rides bently and Y'll expert Oduduwa 2 be relevant? U must be livin in the past.

dumb ass. So in your deluded mind you think you have made any point? The chinese, japanese, indians, koreans, have they abandoned their culture, traditions, history and religions because of bentley, obama and harvard??

You're expressly idiotic.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
dayoungmoney1:
He has the right to call whoever his father. It's not anyone's concern. grin

wrong! the Ooni is now property of the Yoruba and in all his actions he should serve as the custodian of Yoruba identity not to be worshiping some dead jew.. it's not by force to be a traditional ruler

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
micrep3030:
Even JESUS is a father to oduduwa it self

undecided a dead jew father to the great oduduwa of Yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Orikinla:
. Unknown to you, several Yoruba Obas are also Christian ministers
which shouldn't be. ..it is very wrong
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
TRUTHSURE:
one cannot serve two masters at the same time. One cannot be a traditionalist and at the same time, a christian.

Food for thought.

I can honestly say that I too have long questioned this dynamic. My father was an Ife Prince that grew up in the palace with Oba Aderemi. Asking him about this duality I was uncomfortable with he said "well everyone calls themselves Christian but when shit hits the fan, we all go back to the source of the Yoruba faith."

I still get much of the angst in here. But I find it easier to absorb believing we are one of the lost tribes talked about in the bible.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
olatunjithomas:

honestly,it marvels me a lot seeing young people like you coming out to display various degrees of stupidity.

read what you wrote again nd judge yourself.
that you're bred locally doesn't mean you should be foolish.he is a king,he has the mandate to make any decision which he feels suits him. remarkably,he chose the part of life.

if that is not okay by you,then go and jump into the lagoon if you feel sniper is too expensive.

you are just foolish yourself.

the Ooni has just embarrassed himself, take for instance the african descendants wishing to return to their roots whom he met with the aim of building bonds with them will be so displeased and disgusted

he needs to get his act right and stop insulting the yoruba tradition

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
macof:

you are just foolish yourself.

the Ooni has just embarrassed himself, take for instance the african descendants wishing to return to their roots whom he met with the aim of building bonds with them will be so displeased and disgusted

he needs to get his act right and stop insulting the yoruba tradition

You still pushing this lie that he spoke about Christ to the black diaspora but not at a Nigerian church?

He spoke about tenets of Ifa to the African decendants. I have the film. Stop it bro.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

I can honestly say that I too have long questioned this dynamic. My father was an Ife Prince that grew up in the palace with Oba Aderemi. Asking him about this duality I was uncomfortable with he said "well everyone calls themselves Christian but when shit hits the fan, we all go back to the source of the Yoruba faith."

I still get much of the angst in here. But I find it easier to absorb believing we are one of the lost tribes talked about in the bible.

listen, this is very wrong for any Prince hoping to contest to be Oba anywhere in yorubaland. like I said in a previous thread, it is better for the pride of the Yoruba race that we don't have Obas than to have Obas that are really slaves(mentally), bringing disrepute to the Yoruba identity.

this is so bad of the Ooni

lost tribes of Israel grin grin. why do you say that?

3 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by podosci(m): 12:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Umarlulu:
You guys can be funny sometimes you mean oduduwa is ahead of jesus christ or what are you insinuating
Even after the abolishment of physical slavery, the mental slavery still persisit. Jesus, Oduduwa, Amadioha are Gods in their rights. Oduduwa is our own indegenious God, what gaves anybody the right to put a white mans jesus before an African Oduduwa?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Ranchhoddas: 12:03am On Jul 01, 2016
olatunjithomas:

honestly,it marvels me a lot seeing young people like you coming out to display various degrees of stupidity.

read what you wrote again nd judge yourself.
that you're bred locally doesn't mean you should be foolish.he is a king,he has the mandate to make any decision which he feels suits him. remarkably,he chose the part of life.

if that is not okay by you,then go and jump into the lagoon if you feel sniper is too expensive.
I'm afraid you are the stupid one.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 12:05am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

listen, this is very wrong for any Prince hoping to contest to be Oba anywhere in yorubaland. like I said in a previous thread, it is better for the pride of the Yoruba race that we don't have Obas than to have Obas that are really slaves(mentally), bringing disrepute to the Yoruba identity.

this is so bad of the Ooni

lost tribes of Israel grin grin. why do you say that?

There are several similarities from circumcision, the wearing of white to certain rituals.

Like I said....I'm not going to say you're wrong for feeling the way you do. I also question and still question how we gravitate to a faith not completely native to us. As an Ife Prince myself, I understand where you're coming from about that duality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Masquerades Rock Chelsea Outfits, Dance On The Road / Ooni And Wuraola Visit Sultan Of Sokoto In His Palace. See Photos / Ooni Of Ife Radiates In His Newly Refurbished Palace, Amidst Marriage Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.