Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian (49033 Views)

Oluwo Rasheed Akanbi Welcomes Son, Names Him "Oduduwa" / " Oduduwa Is Your Father Not Jesus" - Nigerian Tells Ooni Of Ife / "Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Ascended Our Father Oduduwa's Throne" - Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

You still pushing this lie that he spoke about Christ to the black diaspora but not at a Nigerian church?

He spoke about tenets of Ifa to the African decendants. I have the film. Stop it bro.

What's this one saying? stop acting like you are some intelligent individual cus you lack basic comprehension... where did I say he spoke about Jesus to black diaspora? go improve your comprehension skills and stop wasting my time

is it right for an Ooni of any century whether in the past, present or future to preach Jesus? is Ogunwusi now a Pastor Ooni?
pls answer my question
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 12:10am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

What's this one saying? stop acting like you are some intelligent individual cus you lack basic comprehension... where did I say he spoke about Jesus to black diaspora? go improve your comprehension skills and stop wasting my time

is it right for an Ooni of any century whether in the past, present or future to preach Jesus? is Ogunwusi now a Pastor Ooni?
pls answer my question

Wasting your time? Now you're playing the verbatim game when you brought up the Ooni speaking to African descendants. I interpreted that as the black diaspora. So get off your high horse trying to categorize me as lacking in comprehension when you're robust with intellectual dishonesty.

Let's go back to my previous post. I don't think you're completely off.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

There are several similarities from circumcision, the wearing of white to certain rituals.

Like I said....I'm not going to say you're wrong for feeling the way you do. I also question and still question how we gravitate to a faith not completely native to us. As an Ife Prince myself, I understand where you're coming from about that duality.

hmmm. .. Yoruba also have similarities with Chinese which includes time keeping system
the Egyptians had similarities with the Aztec like burying slaves with Kings. ..Yoruba had this too

To talk about a group of people in connection to another group we must look at the language : Yoruba is a Niger-Congo language of the Volta - Niger branch. . Hebrew of the Jews is Afro-Asiatic no correlation can be made between both languages. The spirituality: Yorubas aren't exactly monotheistic in tradition, there's animism, Pantheism and Polytheism in our traditional beliefs. ... Jews are strictly monotheistic

so on what grounds does yoruba have anything to do with Jews? what part of the numerous orikis in yorubaland talk about Jews? or our trek from Israel?

when slaves were taken from yorubaland to Brazil, Cuba etc they retained much of the tradition. I just saw a Cuban music group called the Orishas...it seems Cubans are even more interested in Yoruba culture than yorubas at home. .Bunch of slaves! (the real slaves are the mentally enslaved not the physically enslaved)

with this in mind, why didn't yoruba retain Jewish culture like the yoruba descendants in the new world retained yoruba culture?

you see you are only trying to justify yourself with this Jewish - Yoruba thing for stooping so low to worship Jews

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 12:44am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

hmmm. .. Yoruba also have similarities with Chinese which includes time keeping system
the Egyptians had similarities with the Aztec like burying slaves with Kings. ..Yoruba had this too

To talk about a group of people in connection to another group we must look at the language : Yoruba is a Niger-Congo language of the Volta - Niger branch. . Hebrew of the Jews is Afro-Asiatic no correlation can be made between both languages. The spirituality: Yorubas aren't exactly monotheistic in tradition, there's animism, Pantheism and Polytheism in our traditional beliefs. ... Jews are strictly monotheistic

so on what grounds does yoruba have anything to do with Jews? what part of the numerous orikis in yorubaland talk about Jews? or our trek from Israel?

when slaves were taken from yorubaland to Brazil, Cuba etc they retained much of the tradition. I just saw a Cuban music group called the Orishas...it seems Cubans are even more interested in Yoruba culture than yorubas at home. .Bunch of slaves! (the real slaves are the mentally enslaved not the physically enslaved)

with this in mind, why didn't yoruba retain Jewish culture like the yoruba descendants in the new world retained yoruba culture?

you see you are only trying to justify yourself with this Jewish - Yoruba thing for stooping so low to worship Jews

I won't argue here. Trust me, you're not alone vehemently having these feelings. I've long fought that fight and I too feel that Yoruba culture is better nurtured outside of Nigeroa than within it.

Remember When DNA testing was done for this clan in Uganda proving they were of Jewish heritage?

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/The_Jewish_Tribe_in_Uganda.html?mobile=yes

I would love to see the same testing done for Yoruba and those from that area to either open or close this theory.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 12:55am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

Wasting your time? Now you're playing the verbatim game when you brought up the Ooni speaking to African descendants. I interpreted that as the black diaspora. So get off your high horse trying to categorize me as lacking in comprehension when you're robust with intellectual dishonesty.

Let's go back to my previous post. I don't think you're completely off.

grin grin grin this is time wasting na. just cus I mentioned african descendants or black diaspora doesn't mean I was implying Ogunwusi was speaking with them when he made those hazardous statements
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 1:33am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin this is time wasting na. just cus I mentioned african descendants or black diaspora doesn't mean I was implying Ogunwusi was speaking with them when he made those hazardous statements

Part of my defensiveness here is tied to this duality you speak of. It's always in the back of my mind, the embrace of the handed colonial religion, counter to what's innately and directly ours. sad

I too believed that to be Ooni means full commitment to the practice of our faith, however I also know that his predecessors were the same way.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

I won't argue here. Trust me, you're not alone vehemently having these feelings. I've long fought that fight and I too feel that Yoruba culture is better nurtured outside of Nigeroa than within it.

Remember When DNA testing was done for this clan in Uganda proving they were of Jewish heritage?

I would love to see the same testing done for Yoruba and those from that area to either open or close this theory.

The link you posted does not say anything about dna testing for those ugandans. They accepted Judaism just like some people acceptef christianity. See screenshot.

A dna test on a yoruba would reveal someone that descended 100% from sub-saharan africa. there are some videos on youtube of africans living in the US to verify if results of ancenstary dot com was correct or beinv faked. while some black americans returned mixed ancestry of africans and europeans, the results of africans returned 100% african.

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Bigchee72: 3:17am On Jul 01, 2016
Wrong link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8550614.stm
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familylemba.html

The Lembe Jews of Zimbabwe and South Africa are genetically linked to ancient jews
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:
Wrong link.

The Lembe Jews of Zimbabwe and South Africa are genetically linked to ancient jews
Have you seen this video of emeka.

Light skinned emeka (from so called Nigeria's Jewish tribe) sharing his dna result. He is 100% sub saharan african, not like he was expecting otherwise .... grin. His breakdown:

0% Native america
0% Asian
0% European
0% Pacific islander
0% West Asian
100% Sub-Saharan African. (77% Nigerian and 13% Benin, 5% Cameroon, 4% per cent ivory coast and 1% Mali).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eqWyf26naw

This girl is from Cameroon too and she is 100% African -97% cameroon-congo region, remaining are traces of west African (Unicorn).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo27U-zKcQA

Igbo girl: Nigerian 99.97 % and 0.03% central Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvrfB7ENqvY

All have 0% West Asian which may indicate Jewish or Arab dna.

Bigchee72:
Wrong link.

so far. This are the only group in Africa that have been linked to West Asia. Interesting..
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Thobiy(m): 5:02am On Jul 01, 2016
Zico5:
Some people are so naïve. What is the big deal if Ooni said Jesus is his father. I was born and breed in Ife and ife is more or less a Christian environment not as some of the aliens view it. We have churches in every nook and crannies of Ile-Ife. The very king is a Christian right from the infant and it will be disastrous of him to forsake what u believe knowing fully well that the throne is temporary and heaven is permanent. God bless Ooni. He shall live long on the throne. Ade a pe Lori oba to mo Jesu.
Naso
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Tbillz(m): 5:52am On Jul 01, 2016
Fabrepass:

dumb ass. So in your deluded mind you think you have made any point? The chinese, japanese, indians, koreans, have they abandoned their culture, traditions, history and religions because of bentley, obama and harvard??

You're expressly idiotic.
Another B*stard has grown out of a family. U are blessed for showing yourself. Sayin Jesus is his father means he forgot his culture? why are so myopic in thinking? why must a dullard like U have access to a mobile phone? Mind your words next time boy. Your moniker even says it all
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by dragunov: 6:19am On Jul 01, 2016
SamMilla1:
Money miss road.

Jesus who died at the age of 33 is your father.

Who is your mother again? Let's see if there is any record of her z
getting married to Jesus.

Sumaila, you have to be extremely careful or your mouth will get you in trouble. Ok?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by rayval(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2016
cktheluckyman:
They can go to hell!! Long live the Ooni!! I see this bright young man abolishing some of the stupid and archaic traditions including the abobaku rubbish

the white man has taken all over you...slave!!!.....black n proud...luv mi culture nd trads.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by afolayangs(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2016
In isaiah 6;9, Jesus is the everlasting father
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Scholarforever: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2016
Sometimes I get baffled with respect to what we really want as Nigerians. When d system throws up a fetish, human- sacrificing traditional ruler we all rise to question d relevance of archaic traditions in d 21st century. Now we have a paramount king who publicly tows d line of our hyped 21st century norms and we are still feeling grumpy. Nigerians what do u really want? For d king to declare for Jesus and say no to human sacrifice or for him to take us back to d era of Mary Slessor?

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2016
Bigchee72:

grin grin did you even read the link you shared?

those are converts of Judaism not descendants of Jews... this is what people do, in a few months or years maybe even already, people will claim this people in Uganda are Jewish descendants same for the Falasha in Ethiopia and Lemba in Zimbabwe.
ever wondered why the names of the geneticists who declared Lemba/Jewish DNA link aren't ever mentioned?
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by RedboneSmith(m): 9:48am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

grin grin did you even read the link you shared?

those are converts of Judaism not descendants of Jews... this is what people do, in a few months or years maybe even already, people will claim this people in Uganda are Jewish descendants same for the Falasha in Ethiopia and Lemba in Zimbabwe.
ever wondered why the names of the geneticists who declared Lemba/Jewish DNA link aren't ever mentioned?

Dr Tudor Parfitt of the University of London took cheek swaps of Lemba men and the DNA analysis was done in the University's lab in London. There are several articles online as well as short documentaries on YouTube that mention this.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 11:44am On Jul 01, 2016
RedboneSmith:

Dr Tudor Parfitt of the University of London took cheek swaps of Lemba men and the DNA analysis was done in the University's lab in London. There are several articles online as well as short documentaries on YouTube that mention this.

Dr Tudor Parfitt is not a geneticist

I've read a lot about the Lemba...I just believe the Jewish connection is exaggerated. They are more converts to a form of Judaism than descendants of Jews
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
cktheluckyman:
They can go to hell!! Long live the Ooni!! I see this bright young man abolishing some of the stupid and archaic traditions including the abobaku rubbish

Its stupid and archaic because it is not oyibo man that brought it right? It is Christianity that isn't stupid and archaic right?

I detest slaves like you. Slaves who threw away their father's religion and culture for wine, mirrors, tobacco and gunpowder. Slaves that will say they eat the body and blood of a long dead man and turn around and say their ancestors were fetish. Slaves who will bow down to a man in white and call their own culture 'black magic' not realizing the make up of the words is meant to portray black as bad, and white as good. Slaves who know all about Hercules, Odin, Buddha and other faiths, but have no clue on theirs..

Most especially, I detest slaves like you because you are the type that will never agree to be anything more than a slave, regardless of how much freedom he is given.

Disgusting slave...

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by RedboneSmith(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

Dr Tudor Parfitt is not a geneticist

I've read a lot about the Lemba...I just believe the Jewish connection is exaggerated. They are more converts to a form of Judaism than descendants of Jews

I did not say Parfitt was a geneticist. He was the anthropologist on ground who collected DNA samples. Geneticists at the University of London did the analysis. And their findings were published in peer-reviewed journals. If you have ever tried to get your work published in a peer-reviewed journal, you'll know it's not something anyone who isn't grounded in his subject matter can just wake up and do.

Here's the abstract from one of the articles written by geneticists (Spurdle and Jenkins) on this matter.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1914832/

This ship has sailed. No one in the scientific community contests that the Lemba have some Jewish ancestry anymore.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by olatunjithomas(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

you are just foolish yourself.

the Ooni has just embarrassed himself, take for instance the african descendants wishing to return to their roots whom he met with the aim of building bonds with them will be so displeased and disgusted

he needs to get his act right and stop insulting the yoruba tradition

Bros,let me guess. you're a Christian right? okay

shouldn't that be your happiness that at least a reputable figure in the Yoruba ethnic gave his life to Christ ?

who the Yoruba religion of a thing don eep?

or will you go to the north and tell them that their emirs should forsake Islam to pursue their indigenous religion? now tell me.was Muhammed burn on Zaria? but these ones chose to follow the way that they felt suits them.

friend,why not forget about this and focus on something else.who knows whether the heavens are rejoicing, that is if his repentance is genuine,i mean.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
plaetton:

Just imagine the kind of crap a typical African mind is suffused with.

I weep. cry
don't tag wot i say crap, man
wht are we even dragging here mehn? I'm an African with a liberated mind.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
Smooyis:

I know what you mean, but God is God. He is supreme. He can decide to appoint anyone in order to change the course of doing things. He does as He wills. Many of the so called yoruba or African traditions are of the devil, and as such cannot endure the test of time as you think.

We need God intervention in our society
Epic reply, ur head dey dia cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by eagleonearth(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
podosci:

Even after the abolishment of physical slavery, the mental slavery still persisit. Jesus, Oduduwa, Amadioha are Gods in their rights. Oduduwa is our own indegenious God, what gaves anybody the right to put a white mans jesus before an African Oduduwa?
"what gaves" really?
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by podosci(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
eagleonearth:
"what gaves" really?
You read the whole statement and picked out a typographical error as your point of reference. Wow, just wow
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
olatunjithomas:

Bros,let me guess. you're a Christian right? okay

shouldn't that be your happiness that at least a reputable figure in the Yoruba ethnic gave his life to Christ ?

who the Yoruba religion of a thing don eep?

or will you go to the north and tell them that their emirs should forsake Islam to pursue their indigenous religion? now tell me.was Muhammed burn on Zaria? but these ones chose to follow the way that they felt suits them.

friend,why not forget about this and focus on something else.who knows whether the heavens are rejoicing, that is if his repentance is genuine,i mean.

Ooni shouldn't be caught worshiping foreign gods. . that's the bottom line

look at the Obas of Bini. ..really Bini know how to keep tradition. . the oba of Benin can never be caught saying " Jesus is my father, i have no other father" when he is from a great line of kings

oba of Benin will rather send a representative to the church that invited him

both tradition and Christianity cannot get along. . if the Christian doctrines are true as you believe why encourage the Ooni to do this? for merely conceding himself to Oramfe, Obalufon, Obatala and other deities during his coronation he is already going to hell by Christian standards
so stop saying nonsense

Ooni is given Ase by the Gods of ife not Jesus. .nowhere in the coronation or presentation of the Aare was Jesus present

but of course to dumb bleeps everything is about my religion must expand..even if by hypocritical acts like this

ethnicity should always come before religion

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by MetaPhysical: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
I do not have much to say on this topic. It is instructive to know that after the uproar and rebuke following Ooni kneeling in Church to pray, His Majesty has not repeated that error. This shows that he listens to his followers and is responsive to their sentiments. I expect that he will self-correct and this mistake will not be repeated by him. It is pleasing to know we have a King that listens to us and conduct himself in harmony with what matters to us.

We should let the matter rest now, please. wink
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Rossikki: 3:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Nellybii:
If he truly said that, then what was he doing in the forest for 21 days? Guess he was observing lent. That is what happens when we decide to demonize our amcestory and traditional beliefs simply because we feel it doesn't appear fashionable. Am disappointed in the young ooni.
I fought tooth and nail to explain his kneeling down in the church and now this. Awww!!
Someone to be looked up to as the symbol of our religious and traditional beliefs. Am really disappointed.

Even more pathetic is the reaction of these colonised guys that call themselves Africans on this site.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by Rossikki: 4:01am On Jul 03, 2016
og2711:

Its stupid and archaic because it is not oyibo man that brought it right? It is Christianity that isn't stupid and archaic right?

I detest slaves like you. Slaves who threw away their father's religion and culture for wine, mirrors, tobacco and gunpowder. Slaves that will say they eat the body and blood of a long dead man and turn around and say their ancestors were fetish. Slaves who will bow down to a man in white and call their own culture 'black magic' not realizing the make up of the words is meant to portray black as bad, and white as good. Slaves who know all about Hercules, Odin, Buddha and other faiths, but have no clue on theirs..

Most especially, I detest slaves like you because you are the type that will never agree to be anything more than a slave, regardless of how much freedom he is given.

Disgusting slave...

lol......See how that boy just insulted his ancestors, like Achebe's proverbial ittle bird nza, who so far forgot himself after a heavy meal that he challenged his chi, or personal spirit, to a wrestling contest.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by SenatorJames(m): 8:14am On Jul 03, 2016
This man is a wise man for recognizing Jesus as his spiritual father.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by olatunjithomas(m): 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
macof:

Ooni shouldn't be caught worshiping foreign gods. . that's the bottom line

look at the Obas of Bini. ..really Bini know how to keep tradition. . the oba of Benin can never be caught saying " Jesus is my father, i have no other father" when he is from a great line of kings

oba of Benin will rather send a representative to the church that invited him

both tradition and Christianity cannot get along. . if the Christian doctrines are true as you believe why encourage the Ooni to do this? for merely conceding himself to Oramfe, Obalufon, Obatala and other deities during his coronation he is already going to hell by Christian standards
so stop saying nonsense

Ooni is given Ase by the Gods of ife not Jesus. .nowhere in the coronation or presentation of the Aare was Jesus present

but of course to dumb bleeps everything is about my religion must expand..even if by hypocritical acts like this

ethnicity should always come before religion

sorry for quoting you again.but you are not in place to judge if someone is going to hell or not . more so, one who has seen the revelation of hell before will not want to miss heaven. nd again, one is solely responsible for the decision he or she makes. so, if oba of Benin decide to go to hell, he(ooni) might decide to go choose heaven.

that's just it my bro. have a wonderful week nd a blessed month.
Re: Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian by macof(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
olatunjithomas:

sorry for quoting you again.but you are not in place to judge if someone is going to hell or not . more so, one who has seen the revelation of hell before will not want to miss heaven. nd again, one is solely responsible for the decision he or she makes. so, if oba of Benin decide to go to hell, he(ooni) might decide to go choose heaven.

that's just it my bro. have a wonderful week nd a blessed month.

What's this one saying? undecided

oba of Benin choose hell

listen! shove ur hell up ur ass, I'm talking about tradition here. . an Ooni has no business with any hell as belief in that doesn't exist in Yoruba culture and traditions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Masquerades Rock Chelsea Outfits, Dance On The Road / Ooni And Wuraola Visit Sultan Of Sokoto In His Palace. See Photos / Ooni Of Ife Radiates In His Newly Refurbished Palace, Amidst Marriage Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.