Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,071 members, 7,811,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up (4180 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
I am almost done with religion. I feel like I have been robbed or possibly duped of my freedom.
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me. I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.
I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw? This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself. If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator. A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.

Scholar8200 herzern johnydon22 hahn IamDiabolic sweetcocoa lepasharon cloudgoddess urahara valentinemary ifenes Weah96 malvisguy212 Seun lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by opeaceo: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
Someone needs a validation from ME I guess??
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hahn(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
opeaceo:
Someone needs a validation from ME I guess??

You guessed wrong tongue

Long time. Hope Jehovah has been good to you smiley
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by opeaceo: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

You guessed wrong tongue
Long time. Hope Jehovah has been good to you smiley
I am actually right, yeap, how are you, and yes, Jehovah had been good to me.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Scholar8200(m): 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I am almost done with religion. I feel like I have been robbed or possibly duped of my freedom.
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me.
It should not be the rationale for believing in God in the first place!

I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.

I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself
Where did you get this idea from?

. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw?
But were these or any other used against ANY living being before the fall? Why is it that the Bible talks of a time when Lions will eat grass and not flesh? Obviously, God designed that all animals will eat the producers - plants alone!

This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself.
I dont think so! For example, till date, the male mosquito does not suck blood though it has a proboscis! That tells you that part was not designed to suck blood.

If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator.
As regards the highlighted, what do you mean by easily grasped means? Many have sought Him and found Him, what then? Even when Jesus came and did a lot of miracles those who refused to believe did not, what then?

A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.
Well, you have a right to make a choice! Accusing God of being deaf to prayers and blind to sufferings is surprising!!!

Man was made to dominate the earth, God gave Him that dominion and has not retrieved same from man. It was an order that He established which He will NEVER change or over-ride. When Adam fell and the dominion was lost, God would not suspend that order to save man, except He changed! I believe that order is the rationale behind prayer- unlike when God saw what needed to be done and did it, now God will only interfere when man wants Him to and calls Him to.
Hence, blaming God for sufferings on earth leaves much to be desired! Even when God became Man to redeem man, was HE exempted from these sufferings? Did He not die as a result of them?

Like I said, the choice is yours. However, it seems you are taking this decision due to a delay in a prayer request.Am I right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hahn(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
opeaceo:

I am actually right, yeap, how are you, and yes, Jehovah had been good to me.

Good to know.

Don't forget to remind Jehovah of the 2,100, on average, that die daily of preventable diseases and poverty. It seems to have forgotten about them grin
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Scholar8200:

But were these or any other used against ANY living being before the fall? Why is it that the Bible talks of a time when Lions will eat grass and not flesh? Obviously, God designed that all animals will eat the producers - plants alone!

Hahaha. Clown. So, lions were initially created to eat grass? Just when you think you have seen it all grin

I dont think so! For example, till date, the male mosquito does not suck blood though it has a proboscis! That tells you that part was not designed to suck blood.

What part does the female mosquito use in sucking blood then? undecided

As regards the highlighted, what do you mean by easily grasped means? Many have sought Him and found Him, what then? Even when Jesus came and did a lot of miracles those who refused to believe did not, what then?

He means like a knock on the door and a "hi" and probably a selfie or an interview with CNN. Those things are not too big for an almighty god na undecided

Well, you have a right to make a choice! Accusing God of being deaf to prayers and blind to sufferings is surprising!!!

It has actually ignored the prayers of

As a result almost 9.2 million children under-five die every year. A further 3.3 million babies are stillborn. Most of the 25,000 children under five that die each day are concentrated in the world's poorest countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

Source:
www.who.int/pmnch/media/press_materials/fs/fs_mdg4_childmortality/en/

undecided

Man was made to dominate the earth, God gave Him that dominion and has not retrieved same from man. It was an order that He established which He will NEVER change or over-ride. When Adam fell and the dominion was lost, God would not suspend that order to save man, except He changed! I believe that order is the rationale behind prayer- unlike when God saw what needed to be done and did it, now God will only interfere when man wants Him to and calls Him to.

Hence, blaming God for sufferings on earth leaves much to be desired! Even when God became Man to redeem man, was HE exempted from these sufferings? Did He not die as a result of them?

@bolded, I thought everything is god's will. So that means whether you call him to or not whatever happens is his will. undecided

By the way, Jesus never existed. There are more evidences of the existence of dinosaurs than of Jboy tongue

Like I said, the choice is yours. However, it seems you are taking this decision due to a delay in a prayer request.Am I right?

Jesus said, at least in the fairytale, that he will be back (kinda reminds you of terminator doesn't it tongue ) and he has not been back for 2,000 years. You know, even if Jesus did exist, he most likely was an African because that is an epic act of African timing grin

NEXT!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by opeaceo: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

Good to know.

Don't forget to remind Jehovah of the 2,100, on average, that die daily of preventable diseases and poverty. It seems to have forgotten about them grin

oooh, why do I need to remind him?? You've been thinking too hard on the issue?? Is it giving you sleepless night?? Leave the Christians to worry about it.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hahn(m): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
opeaceo:

oooh, why do I need to remind him?? You've been thinking too hard on the issue?? Is it giving you sleepless night?? Leave the Christians to worry about it.

The Christians worried about it and were able to create 33,000+ denominations grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by opeaceo: 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
It should not be the rationale for believing in God in the first place!

Where did you get this idea from?

Ooh No, why did you do this?? Trust me, this dude is just gonna waste your time, his mind or heart or whatever is made up!!
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by opeaceo: 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
hahn:

The Christians worried about it and were able to create 33,000+ denominations grin

An athiest worrying too much about something he doesn't believe. Woooowwww, I think you deserve an award from the Pope.
Don't stress it, indulge yourself in something you believe in, that would give you long life, but worrying about something that you don't believe it exist does kill, this is my e - nairalandly - friendly advice. #clapsformyself
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by herzern(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Mr Op......their is something called principle........."no matter who you are...your position.... What you have done for God....if your wife decided to poison your food.....such a person will surely die"......do you wana ask me why? cheesy.......the reason is if after the first time the woman poisoned her husband's meal.....the husband did not die....the next day...she will do the same...and if it continues....she will have it in mind that perhaps her husband is immuned to poison and will start adding more of it to the food"........and perhaps won't bother if the food her husband eats is poisonous or not........ If this happens to everyone.......don't you think people Will start eating poison knowing fully well they won't die......

what am I trying to prove here.....you said God allowed people die of hunger and diseases and he couldn't do anything to stop it........if by tomorrow....something powerful happens and everyone who is sick reqained their normal health and this conrinues.....you think people will worry about their health anymore....the privilege will surely be abused.....even if God shows himself to you today.....you will still not believe

lordnicklaus:
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me. I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.
I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw? This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself. If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator. A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.
Scholar8200 herzern johnydon22 hahn IamDiabolic sweetcocoa lepasharon cloudgoddess urahara valentinemary ifenes Weah96 malvisguy212 Seun lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I don't think knowledge of God is transferable. All a Christian can do is talk about their knowledge and hope that those words will come to life in you. Conviction or absoluteness or certainty is something done by God Himself.

Of course the world is not fair. Because evil coexists with good. And there is alot on the destruction of evil that you may have searched out.

One thing that caught my attention were Jacobs words when he met pharaoh after Joseph called them to Egypt concerning his life. This was a great man, had seen alot and walked closely with God...Yet his days were not all pleasant...

"Gen 47:9 And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage."

And that is man's life, at least in this age. With a little comfort from peace, the prince thereof. And vengeance once in a while.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by otemanuduno: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

God is everywhere around you. He has diffused into nature and he is nature. God is Reverad and he has diffused into nature. jehovah his son and the other gods you have all known before now are not the creator of the universe. REverad is God and he does not create hell fire for anyone. He only creates the VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH, WHICH IS A PLACE OF CORRECTION TO ALL ERRORS BEFORE PASSING TO THE AFTERLIFE.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by iamDiabolic(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op I feel you bro.I have always wonder why someone would pray to God morninf,afternoon,night nd still work,still someone doesn't have anything to show for it,it got to a time should I say I was going crazy or starting to have biopolar,I was thinking maybe I have wrong God in a very big way he can't forgive me or am I possesed,cause I pray for his forgiveness nd I still don't feel anything.
I think God actually allo suffering to prrof himself nd showoff that's why you would see people say 'I thank God for my own oh' when they see blind,amputated people,or when someone dies they would still thank God nd call him God of wonder,or when the see albino or dwaft people they would be like God his full of wonder do u know what this people go through,do u know how much they suffer.still God keep creaying them that way to prrof he his full of wonder,whu can't he perform wonder nd stop terrorism
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by urahara(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

All I can say is keep pondering and keep questioning things. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by johnydon22(m): 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I would like to know what you want me to address here brother, you have laid out your situation but i do not know whether i am to address it or listen.

I have privately went through this same journey [conflict of faith and reason] with many people right here from nairaland who reach out to me out of confusion and frustration that comes with loosing faith and i can rightly say "it's not easy".

We all at some point went through such lonely desperate trek, it takes great pain to rid one's self of what you have held as truth all your life.

So if you have anything you'd want me to address, ask i will tender my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Scholar8200, it is quite surprising you think I am actually posting this due to unanswered prayers. Though things are going fine with me but I write on behalf of others who suffer in this vast globe..... Because things go well with me and not with others doesn't make me satisfied. Infact it pains me when some theists say people who suffer and die are more righteous than I am but God loves me even as a sinner. The question that goes on in my mind is, doesn't God love those who died?
Also, you quoted from that primitive text called the bible which is actually a contradictory ideas of people who claimed they were inspired by the infinite boss of all knowldege yet there are inconsistences and discrepancies in a self acclaimed holy book. It even amazes me that there are similarities between bible text and earlier works such as Enuma Elish, Epic of Gilgamesh, Wisdoms of Amenemope e.t.c.
It shows that the bible was a borrowed idea and not independent as people claim. Besides, what makes you think there are no other gods existing? What would you do if you found out that Zeus or Enki was the true God? Besides, El which is the Hebrew for "God" is a Canaanite deity likewise Yahweh. So, the Jews picked a favorite God and dumped the others (Baal, Ashtoreth, Ashima). I am also disturbed by the ignominies and opprobrious acts commited in the Old Testament, all in the name of Jehovah.

My friend it is time we seek truth outside the bible. Before us is a world with hidden treasures. We just have to summon courage to dig it up.

Cc johnydon22 hahn lepasharon Scholar8200 cloudgoddess sweetcocoa IamDiabolic herzern nobilis

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
johnydon22:

I would like to know what you want me to address here brother, you have laid out your situation but i do not know whether i am to address it or listen.

I have privately went through this same journey [conflict of faith and reason] with many people right here from nairaland who reach out to me out of confusion and frustration that comes with loosing faith and i can rightly say "it's not easy".

We all at some point went through such lonely desperate trek, it takes great pain to rid one's self of what you have held as truth all your life.

So if you have anything you'd want me to address, ask i will tender my opinion.

I would like you to address the ignominies and opprobrius acts commited in the name of God. This thread needs your calibre of people, I mean smart thinkers.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by johnydon22(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I would like you to address the ignominies and opprobrius acts commited in the name of God. This thread needs your calibre of people, I mean smart thinkers.

God(s) has never been able to strike or kill anyone outside story books, it has always been humans who talk, defend, fight and kill for God.

If i happen to believe in an "all powerful" God, i'd be ashamed to speak for a God who cannot do that for himself, fight and kill for a God who can't do it for himself.

If God wants to kill someone let him go ahead if he can, if he frowns at sex let him tell the people involved not be confined to words written in a book that is sorely ideas of fellow humans.

Only a man made God would need man to make himself/herself/itself known to man.

The evil acts done in the name of God are acts of human selfishness finding an excuse and reason in a divine authority, that rids them of the guilt of their actions.

that is one disturbing thing about such beliefs and religion, Glorification of the absurd and justification of gross abhorrence.

Like up to 4 billion glorify and justify a man who was retarded enough to attempt murdering his son, in fact 3 religions was built around him [Abrahamism is simply a disturbing glorification of stupendous abhorrence]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
johnydon22:

God(s) has never been able to strike or kill anyone outside story books, it has always been humans who talk, defend, fight and kill for God.

If i happen to believe in an "all powerful" God, i'd be ashamed to speak for a God who cannot do that for himself, fight and kill for a God who can't do it for himself.

If God wants to kill someone let him go ahead if he can, if he frowns at sex let him tell the people involved not be confined to words written in a book that is sorely ideas of fellow humans.

Only a man made God would need man to make himself/herself/itself known to man.

The evil acts done in the name of God are acts of human selfishness finding an excuse and reason in a divine authority, that rids them of the guilt of their actions.

that is one disturbing thing about such beliefs and religion, Glorification of the absurd and justification of gross abhorrence.

Like up to 4 billion glorify and justify a man who was retarded enough to attempt murdering his son, in fact 3 religions was built around him [Abrahamism is simply a disturbing glorification of stupendous abhorrence]

The Abraham story proves the naivety of the people who composed it. Of course, the test given has to be a hard one. Killing the child you longed for, I mean no one in his right senses would kill a child he finally succeeded in getting after many years, so to justify Abraham as a faithful and obedient one, a difficult and almost Herculean test was attributed to him.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Rilwon: 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Nairaland is really doing a lot of damage to the Christian faith.

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hahn(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Scholar8200, it is quite surprising you think I am actually posting this due to unanswered prayers. Though things are going fine with me but I write on behalf of others who suffer in this vast globe..... Because things go well with me and not with others doesn't make me satisfied. Infact it pains me when some theists say people who suffer and die are more righteous than I am but God loves me even as a sinner. The question that goes on in my mind is, doesn't God love those who died?
Also, you quoted from that primitive text called the bible which is actually a contradictory ideas of people who claimed they were inspired by the infinite boss of all knowldege yet there are inconsistences and discrepancies in a self acclaimed holy book. It even amazes me that there are similarities between bible text and earlier works such as Enuma Elish, Epic of Gilgamesh, Wisdoms of Amenemope e.t.c.
It shows that the bible was a borrowed idea and not independent as people claim. Besides, what makes you think there are no other gods existing? What would you do if you found out that Zeus or Enki was the true God? Besides, El which is the Hebrew for "God" is a Canaanite deity likewise Yahweh. So, the Jews picked a favorite God and dumped the others (Baal, Ashtoreth, Ashima). I am also disturbed by the ignominies and opprobrious acts commited in the Old Testament, all in the name of Jehovah.

My friend it is time we seek truth outside the bible. Before us is a world with hidden treasures. We just have to summon courage to dig it up.

Cc johnydon22 hahn lepasharon Scholar8200 cloudgoddess sweetcocoa IamDiabolic herzern nobilis

Bro, keep reading the bible and keep asking questions. The more you read it, the more you realize it is full of shit_
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by jiggaz(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
lol.... somehow i find dis post funny.... i would have ignored this post but i wanted to address something here.... plz my fellow believers in christ, ignore all these wannabe-nigerian-atheists.... if they claim they were Christians before and want to leave, plz let them!!! Nobody is forcing anyone to believe in Christ!!!! If you feel there's no God, all well and good for you..... everyone has an opinion and i will never force mine on you.....

What i find funny is that you so called atheists will open your thread and still Cc Believers in Christ.... all to what end? So dat you people will start unnecessary argument? please my brothers in Christ Scholar8200 & Muafrika2 please ignore these people... they have made up their minds not to believe the Gospel... the god of this world have blinded their eyes..... they think they are wise not knowing they are the most ignorant people alive... The bible prophesied all these things about the end of the age. . look at all the blasphemies against Christ.... most times i am discouraged to come the religious section because of what am seeing lately.. but when i read the bible concerning the end times, i laughed because the Bible is true.... what Christ prophesied is coming to pass..

To you OP, since you feel that God is your problem and you dont want to worship him again, then there's no problem. But what i dont understand here is the pity party you are putting up here trying to gather sympathizers so dat all of you can bash Christ.... Most times i wonder about the amount of hate and ridicule on Christ and Christianity...... and i came to the conclusion dat its because we are serving a living God..

Mind you, i am a liberal cosmopolitan person, i can never force my belief on you, my motto is Live and lets live.... i am good friends with people of other religion and we get along fine but everyone respects each and everyone's belief... they have heard the Gospel but they didn't believe it so i let them be.... All these pity party of atheists recently on this section bashing God and gathering sympathisers is unnecessary...... To each their belief.....

5 Likes

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Touchnot01: 2:08am On Jul 02, 2016
jiggaz:
Most times i wonder about the amount of hate and ridicule on Christ and Christianity...... and i came to the conclusion dat its because we are serving a living God..
Ive met several muslims turned atheists who also talk relentlessly about the God of the Bible and christianity. And i think its the same trend all over the world. Nobody wastes such time on a lie. I hope more christians begin to ignore this people and focus more on spreading the love of Christ.

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by jiggaz(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2016
Touchnot01:
Ive met several muslims turned atheists who also talk relentlessly about the God of the Bible and christianity. And i think its the same trend all over the world. Nobody wastes such time on a lie. I hope more christians begin to ignore this people and focus more on spreading the love of Christ.
Exactly
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 02, 2016
herzern:
Mr Op......their is something called principle........."no matter who you are...your position.... What you have done for God....if your wife decided to poison your food.....such a person will surely die"......do you wana ask me why? cheesy.......the reason is if after the first time the woman poisoned her husband's meal.....the husband did not die....the next day...she will do the same...and if it continues....she will have it in mind that perhaps her husband is immuned to poison and will start adding more of it to the food"........and perhaps won't bother if the food her husband eats is poisonous or not........ If this happens to everyone.......don't you think people Will start eating poison knowing fully well they won't die......

what am I trying to prove here.....you said God allowed people die of hunger and diseases and he couldn't do anything to stop it........if by tomorrow....something powerful happens and everyone who is sick reqained their normal health and this conrinues.....you think people will worry about their health anymore....the privilege will surely be abused.....even if God shows himself to you today.....you will still not believe

@bolded. Really? So the reason God does not heal people is because they won't have to worry about their health if they are healed? And how will such privilege be abused seeing people have been desiderate for it for a long time?

What makes you think I won't believe when He shows Himself to me using the most coherent means.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by lepasharon(f): 7:19am On Jul 02, 2016
Rilwon:
Nairaland is really doing a lot of damage to the Christian faith.

Don't get smug. Someone who doesn't believe in the christian God, is unlikely going to believe the Islamic one either .
Afterall, if there was no bible there will be no Quran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ifenes(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

There is nothing better than realizing it yourself. As you can see there is a big question mark on the christian god majority of christian fear to acknowledge. Get rid of the fear,then you realize the empty space.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 02, 2016
gringrin Slowly but surely......

Africa will be free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by 1999pikin: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2016
you no this place is flooded by atheists...so I don't know the kind of solution you seek
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by cescky(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Ur type has flooded the whole nairaland and its tiring repeating ones self .... U want to be rational ? Answer these questions the phone or laptop ur using where wer they gotten from ,the furniture u sit on, clothes u wear,food u eat, car u drive what materials were used to make them? All and most things are from the soil and God because he can't allow his creatures live without good things most of u so called atheist are just lazy people yes,

Enough of the pity party the Abraham ,Noah's of this world that's sought God and found him were they super human? U want God to appear to u? Ok keep waiting
iamDiabolic:
Op I feel you bro.I have always wonder why someone would pray to God morninf,afternoon,night nd still work,still someone doesn't have anything to show for it,it got to a time should I say I was going crazy or starting to have biopolar,I was thinking maybe I have wrong God in a very big way he can't forgive me or am I possesed,cause I pray for his forgiveness nd I still don't feel anything.
I think God actually allo suffering to prrof himself nd showoff that's why you would see people say 'I thank God for my own oh' when they see blind,amputated people,or when someone dies they would still thank God nd call him God of wonder,or when the see albino or dwaft people they would be like God his full of wonder do u know what this people go through,do u know how much they suffer.still God keep creaying them that way to prrof he his full of wonder,whu can't he perform wonder nd stop terrorism

That's where u miss it bro ur not supposed to feel a thing God responds to faith .....and if u respond to him that way he will respond back. The thing about Christianity is that it's too simple we want something more complex and God is love his salvation is a gift and when u pray he forgives but u have to believe u have bee forgiven.

So it is with prayer for materials things ....for blessed are they who haven't seen but believe. U see that u want to see with ur naturala senses, But God operates by faith and sorry to disappoint some of u atheist but man is created in the same class as God... So all this ur pity parties and howling isn't going to move God but put ur God given powers of faith and love to use and ull see God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" / Are Burial Ceremonies Bible-Based Or Pagan? / The Catholic Easter Vigil Mass "Exsultet": Worshipping God or Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.