Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up (4201 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Macelliot(m): 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rilwon:

The rate at which Christianity is going down ehn.. They will soon detect crude oil. grin
All thanks to Johnnydon22 and his crew...

I wonder why they are afraid of you guys, maybe they feared their heads rolling...

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by mmsen: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Hey buddy, is it that you lost faith in religion totally or it's Christianity that you lost faith in, if its the latter why dont you try studying islam? This time not with prejudice but with an open mind, maybe you could find the answers you seek, Insha Allah........if you are willing to study islam I'm willing to help insha Allah,

Peace.

Why should an African scrape his head on the carpet and face Mecca several times a day?

2 Likes

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Demmzy15(m): 1:02am On Jul 04, 2016
Richardonald:

You are sounding frustrated..
Too much arguing with Atheist is bad.

I was like you.

I quitted the religion section since 2014, only to have a glimpse of how it looks like today until I stumbled upon your post.
My first post in religion section since 2 years...

Too much arguement with Atheist WILL NEVER help you. It will rather torment you..

Have a nice day...
He also had discussions with Muslims here, with me and a brother about plagiarism of the bible and Qur'an. It went sour!

2 Likes

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Demmzy15:
He also had discussions with Muslims here, with me and a brother about plagiarism of the bible and Qur'an. It went sour!
You think discussions with you Muslims can move me one bit? It is better to be an atheist than to be a Muslim
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Demmzy15(m): 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You think discussions with you Muslims can move me one bit? It is better to be an atheist than to be a Muslim
OK, if you like be a bloody Buddhist and then burn yourself in Enugu market Square, e no concern me! grin tongue
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Demmzy15:
OK, if you like be a bloody Buddhist and then burn yourself in Enugu market Square, e no concern me! grin tongue

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ne0zEII9pvtpkx37Q0l3GdMdu4P_sq4R5lKwYL4uUj5M7Kn3ec8EhxM[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by waldigit: 4:52am On Jul 05, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I am almost done with religion. I feel like I have been robbed or possibly duped of my freedom.
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me. I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.
I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw? This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself. If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator. A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.

Scholar8200 herzern johnydon22 hahn IamDiabolic sweetcocoa lepasharon cloudgoddess urahara valentinemary ifenes Weah96 malvisguy212 Seun lalasticlala

E ya, you seems to be stumbling at faith in him. But one thing will not change and that is the truth.
1. Does God exist.
2. Does He care if we know
3. Does He expect something from us.
Common, modern man that's not too much to find out.
Ye shall know the truth and it shall set you free.
If ancient men could do it you sure can do it better, cos you are expected to be smarter. Hey, to burst your bubble God will not do it for you. So thats your assignment.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Harvard13(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Wow. Christian logic is truly baffling at times. Alarming even.

I don't know whether to give a lesson on basic ecology or just save my breath. F*ck it, this just has to be said. I'll try to make it quick.

Lions never ate grass. Their dentition is a dead giveaway - long, sharp canines are for tearing flesh. Anatomically they are simply not shaped to chew down plant matter (compare a cow or zebra's teeth & bite to a lion's and you will see the functional dissimilarity).

Also, not only are their digestive systems unfit to break down cellulose (it would literally cause vomiting and constipation), but their carnivorous role is critical for maintaining the population balance of their herbivorous prey. Without carnivores, prey would quickly reproduce to excess, leading to food shortage and ultimately destruction of the ecosystem.

The bible is a book of myths and falsehoods written by extremely ignorant, primitive men. Whatever claims it makes regarding nature are very likely to be false. Value yourself and learn about the real world. You're wasting mental energy defending made up junk that makes absolutely no sense.

bros eh, biko ure going against your own rules by typing f*ck. on that note, i demand an apology especially to those romancelanders that have been queried for doing so!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do JEHOVAH WITNESSES Hate Jesus So Much? / Second Coming Of Jesus: Almost 2000 Years Late? / Abolish Religion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.