Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano (44247 Views)

My Abuja – Kaduna Train Experience; A Sweet Bitter Pill - Man Recounts. Photos / Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by francizy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
KELVIN086:

Are you allowed to climb on top the train , like the way we see it in the movies.

You wan use Lagos mentality take board train way dey travel far? No try am oh! This one dey speed wella and na inside engine breeze go blow you put... grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by uboma(m): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Sanchase:
What a third world country, 29 hours for this trip, this is a risk of human lives. You are lucky armed robbers didn't jump out from bush to attack.

I would rather go by foot.

Oh really!

How long will it take to get to Kano from Ibadan on your feet?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Hopez456(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is awesome. I was shocked the first time I was to board train from Dugbe in Ibadan to Lagos. .The crowd was massive and intimidating couldn't believe people still patronise railway, it was survival of the fittest as I had to stand in the aisle from Ibadan to Abeokuta as i couldn't locate the first class coach on time. it was an unforgettable experience.
I have however learnt How it works. It pays When not in a hurry.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Highvotage: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ Highvoltage, yea something like that.

Which day of the week do they normally go or is it everyday?
@op?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by nkemdi89(f): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Please is there provision for bathing?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by uboma(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
nkemdi89:
Please is there provision for bathing?

Lol.

What a funny question!
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by tsamson(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
So I decided to go by train to kano due to my bitter experience the last time I tried going to kano from Ibadan by road ( The Young Shall Grow Motors).

Enjoy

OP PLEASE HOW MUCH IS THE T-FARE?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Babysho(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
seyoops4u:
I want our government to improve this rail system. It would be smth nice if one can travel on holidays/weekends to other part of the country.

But, Iayam afraid the Government won't improve on it. Why, u may ask ?

They knw the problems of the country but they can't not help joor... If the rail system is effective, u'll agree with me that most people won't go to office with their cars (thereby not buying fuel ) - that's bad market for the oil sector(government).

And It faster....

Lol You Are Even Making The Government Seem Smart By Saying They Know About Repercussions.

The Nigerian Government Don't Have Smart Ass Nerds Who Can Introduce Insightful Ideas That Can Solve Major Problems Which Can Have Good Effect On The Citizens.

USA has youngies that can outsmart all this small issues that look big in Nigeria Govt eyes.

We Need Help. We Need White Young Nerds.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Ashraf123(f): 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
cruz419:
Train ride is a lot of fun especially if u are in d first class coach,, mehn Dat air-condition bad oo ,, the first time I used it was Wen I was report to my state of posting during nysc that was last year June,, I boarded it from ilorin to kano,, I enjoyed it den Sha,, save trip bro!! I
pls how much is first class tickets from ilorin to kano? And how is d booking process?
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by whosefault(f): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
Babysho:

Lol You Are Even Making The Government Seem Smart By Saying They Know About Repercussions.

The Nigerian Government Don't Have Smart Ass Nerds Who Can Introduce Insightful Ideas That Can Solve Major Problems Which Can Have Good Effect On The Citizens.

USA has youngies that can outsmart all this small issues that look big in Nigeria Govt eyes.

Abeg,
Remain for your USA till Trump win, you go know say Naija get talent.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
SweetJoystick:

17 hours is the same as 5pm. Not the duration of the journey
#FAIL. 17:00 hours is 5pm. I'm very sure those who wrote on the board know it. The 17hours there most likely represents the duration of the journey. Also Nigerians are not known for the use of 24hour time, even nairaland still uses the 12hour system.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by bammo: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
danberg:
Thanks for this educative thread OP. A little disappointed though, my thinking was that there would be foldable/portable beds for 1st class passengers. That was what I was told by a NRC ticketing officer at their Ebutte Meta Terminus.

Why journey in a train for so long if there are no sleeper cabins/coaches for 1st class passengers at least?
you can adjust your seat in the first class coach to look like a bed so you can lie on it. and that's first class seater coach. Dont know if there are first class sleeper coaches anymore
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
@ tsamson, it's #3750 from ibadan to kano, and it leaves only on Fridays and leaves kano for lagos on mondays.

No bathing facility, just water system toilet and has enough water for flushing.

NB: this is just for first class coach because I didn't use economy class and would know of theirs.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by youngsahito(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
we need more of this so that people can really have an interest in the train service.let them do something about the delay n make their website efficient n effective for people
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by youngsahito(m): 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
do anybody have any idea if I can get the ticket here in Lagos and the cost for Lagos to kano?tnks
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by nkemdi89(f): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
uboma:

Lol.

What a funny question!
Haha someone of us are into the ritual of bathing at least twice daily no matter the situation.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by maleeks(m): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ashraf123:
Happy birthday to you Ashraf123 may your road be smooth and your days be bright and also Eid mubarak

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by stuntman007: 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Is there a way one can charge gadgets in any of the transport classes? Since it is such a long journey. I believe one needs these things to prevent boredom
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by sammysticated88: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ tsamson, it's #3750 from ibadan to kano, and it leaves only on Fridays and leaves kano for lagos on mondays.

No bathing facility, just water system toilet and has enough water for flushing.

NB: this is just for first class coach because I didn't use economy class and would know of theirs.
Please I want to travel to zamfara from Lagos, how will I go about it.please the steps I will take to get ticket and the location of the railway station.
NB: useful information will be very appreciated
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by uboma(m): 1:23am On Jul 06, 2016
nkemdi89:

Haha someone of us are into the ritual of bathing at least twice daily no matter the situation.

okay.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by sbabimbola(f): 2:58am On Jul 06, 2016
francizy:

You wan use Lagos mentality take board train way dey travel far? No try am oh! This one dey speed wella and na inside engine breeze go blow you put... grin cheesy

Tell them ooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by sbabimbola(f): 3:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Babysho:

We white oriented are here already, but they'll keep telling us.....' this is Nigeria'.

I keep wondering if naija is another planet!
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by cruz419(m): 3:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Ashraf123:
pls how much is first class tickets from ilorin to kano? And how is d booking process?
As at den it was 3k but it should be around 4k or 4.5k now cos of d increase in fuel,, u no people will consider it as a more beta option now Dan road transporr

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Saylawchar(m): 7:13am On Jul 06, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Please, Where's the station in Ibadan?

Is st dugbe opposite the post office
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Ashraf123(f): 7:43am On Jul 06, 2016
maleeks:

Happy birthday to you Ashraf123 may your road be smooth and your days be bright and also Eid mubarak
thanks alot dear. Eid el mubaraq

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by zealousB(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2016
@Hybeenoni.What safety measures would you advice I take on board because I have heard of theft cases.I hope placing my bags on the space provided above the seat is safe for a brother or should I just carry the bag on my leg considering the stuff I have inside the bag
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2016
When they have modern trains like the rest of the world they should call me.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by aberyomi09(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2016
Ashraf123:
thanks alot dear. Eid el mubaraq
Happy birthday and Eid Mubaraq.....have a blast
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Saylawchar:

Is st dugbe opposite the post office

Ehnehn. Never knew and I've been there myriads time. Thanks bro. I'd love to check naija's train and railway out.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by gibzzhd: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2016
I greet Nigeria oooo.trains in the north,west and east despite their terrible geographical terrain with hills n rock.here in the south south there are no functional train despite obj building one to Aladja even with our more friendly plain setting.its obvious our oil money belong more to others.oya avengers go an avenge.
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2016
@ zealous it's a public transport nt a private one, so u just be vigilant. Though first class coach is very secured coz of presence of those Man o war providing security
Re: A Nairalander's Train Experience From Ibadan To Kano by hybeenoni: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2016
@ sammisticated, it doesn't go to zamfara, u can either drop along the way, either at minna, zaria or kaduna, depending on its closeness to ur zamfara.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Kills Couple In Lagos Last Night – PHOTOS / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.