Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa (44363 Views)

Lady Left Devastated After Paying N2.5 Million For A Fake Visa. / Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths / How To Identify Fake Visa And Job Agents (uae/dubai) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by beejayphako(m): 5:25am On Feb 17, 2018
Miss Vivian is just 24 years old, but she is already one of the thousands, if not millions of Nigerians who have been banned for life from setting foot on the American soil.

As a trained Accountant, Vivian could have got a choice job in Nigeria, but she claimed to have been convinced by her uncle, identified simply as Ugochukwu, to attempt to travel to the US. The idea was to travel to the US, get a million dollar job and money would start rolling in; but the plan was not as easy as it sounded.

When Vivian got to the US Embassy, the eagle-eyed white men discovered that all her documents were fake. She had a fake United Bank of Africa (UBA) identity card; she claimed to be a worker with the bank, but ironically, she had never worked in any UBA branch in her life. She also had a UBA bank statement, but that too was fake. The passport she presented to the white men showed that she had a travel history, which was supposed to make her attempt at getting American Visa easier. The travel history stamps on her passport showed that she had travelled out of Nigeria to many countries, including Germany. When some questions about some of the countries she claimed to have visited were put across to her, she failed woefully. She was promptly arrested and handed over to detectives attached to the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU).
Speaking with our correspondent, Vivian, a tall, pretty lady, had a trapped look on her face.

She was accompanied by her elder sister, who looked worried and desperate. Police told Vivian that she was looking at prison, if she didn’t mention and assisted them to catch the person who prepared the fake travelling documents for her.

Vivian knew she had to choose between saving herself and the person who got the fake documents for her.

The lady, who graduated from Imo State University, said: “It is my uncle that prepared everything for me. He collected N150,000 as payment. I was living in the East when he asked me to come to Lagos that he would assist me to travel overseas. I was staying in his house until my arrest. When I called him that police wanted him to come to SFU, he didn’t say anything. He later said I should go home and pick the key by the window. He said that I should pick my things that were in the house and leave.”

The lady promised to do everything within her power to assist police to locate her uncle.
Speaking on the case, the SFU Public Relations Officer, Mr. Lawal Audu, said: “She went to the American Embassy with fake UBA identity card. She gave herself an identity she didn’t have. She appeared at the American Embassy and tried to obtain visa by deception. She said that her uncle, Ugochukwu, gave her the passport with fake visas and stamps. The uncle collected N150,000 from her. He went with her to the embassy on the day of the interview. When he discovered that she had been found out, he ran away.
“She got herself banned for life. She was arrested at the consulate office. Even when they asked her repeatedly if she had been to Germany before, she kept saying yes. How far could she go with such a false story? She was arrested and sent here. It was when she was brought here that she opened up and confessed that it was her uncle, who wanted to assist her travel to America that packaged the fake visas for her. What kind of assistance was that, especially since he collected N150,000 from her?”
The image maker said that for long, fake visa racket had been on the increase. While urging Nigerians to tap the wealth inherent in the country, Audu said that earlier, a young man, Ogunyemi Raheem Oladipupo, was also arrested for being in possession of fake UK visa.
“The young man’s passport had a fake Heathrow stamp, but he had never travelled out of Nigeria. We always have many applicants with fraudulent documents,” Audu said.
Audu described as saddening, a situation whereby foreigners are rushing into Nigeria to make money, while Nigerian youths are running away from the same country, taking their gifts and talents to other countries.
He said: “The Americans, British, Canadians and Italians know that Nigeria is a great country. They know that as far as Africa is concerned, Nigeria is the greatest. They know of her potential and resources.
“I asked a young man, who was arrested, what he wanted to go and do in the US, he said he wanted to go and work. I asked him who told him there was work in the US, he said his friend. I told him that he could work here; he said no, that he preferred US. Many of them could even set up a business with the money they give to visa vendors. There is no work overseas. Nigerians should bury their pride and do something here for themselves. The same work they refuse to do here is what they travel overseas to do.
“If you want to apply for American visa, don’t go with fake documents. I’m advising prospective visa applicants, do not patronise visa vendors. Sometimes, the visa vendors will fill information, which you do not know about. During interview, the person might be asked a question on the information filled, and the person wouldn’t be able to respond. The interview could be at the point of entry, with questions based on what is filled in the visa document. Some get deported at the point of entry.

https://www.nigeriafilms.com/max/50460-fake-visas-female-accountant-bans-for-life-entering-america

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by jeronimo(m): 5:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Why do people still feel they can present documents that can't be verified and still scale through?

61 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by eTECTIVe(m): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Some travel agents are evil and wicked... As far as travel history stamps??

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by hisgrace090: 7:00am On Feb 17, 2018
Too many desperate people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by chumakk: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2018
Will they give you the visa if you come with what you have?

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 17, 2018
:oD gal dull gan
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by sotall(m): 8:29am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Lexusgs430: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Those with ears, let them hear....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by michlins(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2018
Are you trying to enter Congo or Sudan? Why do you think fake documents can scale through USA embassy. Don't you know that they have even their CIA assets working covertly in the embassy. People trained to see a lie a thousand miles away

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
Hmmm... This is bad...

Only if we had good leaders utilizing the wealth of the nation well, will there be any need to run to another man's land for greener pastures?

God bless save Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by EmmaLege: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
Kasala ti fo lipsrsealed
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by NwaAmaikpe: 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
shocked

It's sad that she wants to assist the SFU catch her uncle even when she knows that it won't make them release her or lift her ban.

That's the problem with we Southerners, we never want to go down alone.
Where's the love?
Where's the unity?
Where's the sacrifice?

A herdsman will never give away his accomplice or benefactor no matter what.

We are our own problems and that's why they'd keep conquering us.
Their strength is not in numbers
Their strength is in their unity.

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by stephen109(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2018
THE LADY NO GET JOY OOO

2 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by asscb(f): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Too long
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by OboOlora(f): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2018
Desperate idiots! They think America is Nigeria where Chad citizens just stroll in and out cheesy

10 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Kingdolo(m): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2018
grin grin
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by amnesty7: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2018
As if she must go there.

1 Like

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by superior1: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2018
Not in this Trump era

Even folks with very original documents and legal visiting purposes are finding it difficult talkless of Miss Fake Papers.

12 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by millionboi2: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2018
She don jam fake agent

1 Like

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Lilimax(f): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2018
Why on earth will someone travel with a fake document which can easily be verified undecided
Stop patronizing touts when you want to travel else you may land into hot soup. shocked

4 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Dottore: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2018
Ok
Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by mccoy47(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2018
Everybody wants to escape the shithole!

10 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by clitlicker: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2018
jeronimo:
Why do people still feel they can present documents that can't be verified and still scale through?

because it works

3 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by martineverest(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2018
many 'smart' Nigerians don't even know they actually sound foolish with their negative wisdom

they way Nigerians falsify every of their documents is becoming alarming

I'm a world where everything is computerised and networked,how will someone chose to present fake documents thinking embassy still operate in 17th century?

7 Likes

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by mekaboy(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2018
90% of Nigerians in America got there with fake documents. It's no big deal. Most times you go with genuine one they deny you and give to the fake ones.

If she told them she had not travelled, they will say she does not have travel history.

If she said she was not yet working, they will say she is looking to run.

If she has job, they will say she is not married and won't come back.

If she is married and has job, they will say she does not own property in Nigeria.

They are telling us about the one with fake documents, what about the millions of genuine applications rejected for no reason?

I know a lady who is a manager in a telecom industry in Nigeria. Travelled to dubai, UK and other countries. Currently has 10 years UK VISA, but was denied as not having ties because she was not married.

Who talks about them?

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Millz404(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Na US u carry fake document wey i go dey watch movie, d chop at the same time know say na fake u carry wan enta....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Some Nigerians are good in disgracing our heritage.
Smh..... Please who get omo I wan wash my socks.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.