Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Farewell To Nairaland. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Farewell To Nairaland. (3491 Views)

Farewell To A Beautiful Forum / Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Funjosh(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Nairaland is a forum. A forum is a place where people can exchange opinions and ideas on different issue, so don't equate it with facebook, it is totally different from the other

You mean he has no right to voice his opinion because he owns it?

So why the compare to Mark and advising her to deactivate her FB account then
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by realmindz: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2016
unique04 there is something u need to know about the real world and the delusioned world.

This is a forum and it's more real than the world out there whr people pretend and are hypocrites..

no one will hide their feelings here.

The only thing making you run away is because many lies and antics of religion are being threatened here and u are too fragile to handle the truth.

Sorry, religion is failing, it can't withstand the test of truths. This is 21st century and not 1600 whr u can blow lies easily and exaggerate facts and events with no proofs. This is modern modern warfare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2016
While I don't agree with Seun's posts on Christianity and atheism, his comments and posts are certainly well thought out and logical.

Op, if you say you are good Christian, shouldn't you be able to take seun on and discuss your religion with him. Isn't that what the Bible encourages? For believers to share the good news of salvation?

If you happen to go on evangelism and you meet someone like seun who is ready to challenge your faith and your belief, will you just run away with your tail between your legs as you seem to be doing here? If you do that would you have fulfilled the very essence of the evangelism? Or is evangelism only for those who docilely accept whatever you tell them.

The point is, Seun is an atheist and he is entitled like anyone else to his beliefs. If you feel otherwise, then preach to him and convince him of the truth of your own belief. Leaving Nairaland doesn't make you a better christian in my opinion.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by cescky(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Sirmuel1:
I'm a very solid christian too grin

But I know more than 5 religions that are better than both christianity and Islam.
Have u ever thought about this: what if we are on the road path? grin what if we are all going the wrong direction? grin

Stop deluding urself ur not a Christian
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hahn(m): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2016
Unique04:
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page.
*modified*
I came to this conclusion after reading some of seun osewa's posts on Christianity.
With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.

Tell your god to create an account on nairaland and prove itself already undecided

5 Likes

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by 1999pikin: 9:09am On Jul 02, 2016
first of all Ma ..do not leave Narialand. When you see people going astray it's your duty as a Christian to bring them to the faith . Often time I get irritated by the things people post on the religion section but what can I do ?

What I will say is this ;the ones you can talk to do so .You can win a soul through this platform,but I say to you do not argue with them speak your mind and leave .

Those of you saying she should as well delete her Facebook Twitter Instagram what ever , on how many occasions have you seen the founders of these applications writing against any religion?

what the owner of this forum seun osewa don't know is that he is a very influential person ..and by him writing all that is like his turning people away from their religion (which I know is not his plan ) . if it were to be a normal individual who wrote all that [ Why
Faith Is Bad ", " The Salvation Plan ", and " Evidence
For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ ",] I believe many people won't take it very serious , because we have seen worse post on this forum. .....more to be said but ........

please ma unique04 do not deactivate enjoy the good things the forum has to offer .
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by realmindz: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2016
cescky:

Stop deluding urself ur not a Christian
I am a solid atheist, but I think Christianity is the right part, what if atheists are actually on the wrong path?
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by realmindz: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
When I decided to post bold threads like "Why Faith Is Bad", "The Salvation Plan", and "Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ", I knew there would be some negative consequences. However, it's not fair to say I'm using Nairaland to promote atheism on this basis, none of my these bold threads have been posted on the home page. These threads don't represent the official views of Nairaland Forum. I go out of my way to encourage the supermods to post pro-Christian topics on Sunday and pro-muslim topics on Friday because I think we need to make Nairaland members of every religion happy. Nairaland is not an atheist forum, it's a Nigerian forum and religious because we are religious.

But I felt a strong need to express myself boldly because I truly feel that the idea of believing in things by faith rather than by evidence is destroying Nigeria and humanity. This idea of "don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up", is a very bad poison that is killing us all. Once you give lot of people the idea that it is virtuous to stubbornly cling to their beliefs by choice regardless of whether the evidence of those beliefs are strong or not, or whether they make sense or not, you end up with conflicts that simply cannot be resolved.

Take the problem of Israel in the Middle East. Setting up a Jewish state by seizing land in a location where they would be surrounded by hostile muslim countries was an incredibly dumb idea. Anyone with half a brain can see this. But if you had raised this obvious issue with the people who set up the Jewish state, they would have told you to shut up because that is the promised land. It doesn't matter if the land is in a desert and surrounded by enemies; it's the promised land. Many wars have been fought and many people have died because of this dumb idea. That's an example of the kind of damage that faith-based decision-making is doing to the world. It causes smart people to make terrible decisions.

This is africa, Nigeria...populated with blacks of little minds. people are hardly rational and objective.. see her doing crying crying baby jst to whip sympathy and sentiments, that's the way of the black man.

That's why africa is the weakest continent, we need to start putting our brain to use effectively and tackle real life problems with objectivity rather than seeking sympathy and help.
For how long shall we remain this way and backward?

she faced a rare challenge here and the next thing to do is run and say God knows best and will take control...chai!!! Africa!!!

I knew u wud face this kind of criticism when u created those topics bcus This is Africa. They won't reason but shift from the topic and label u a man from the pit of hell with a mandate to win souls for the devil

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by MrOlai: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

Take the problem of Israel in the Middle East. Setting up a Jewish state by seizing land in a location where they would be surrounded by hostile muslim countries was an incredibly dumb idea. Anyone with half a brain can see this. But if you had raised this obvious issue with the people who set up the Jewish state, they would have told you to shut up because that is the promised land. It doesn't matter if the land is in a desert and surrounded by enemies; it's the promised land. Many wars have been fought and many people have died because of this dumb idea. That's an example of the kind of damage that faith-based decision-making is doing to the world. It causes smart people to make terrible decisions.
Gbam!
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by cescky(m): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
When I decided to post bold threads like "Why Faith Is Bad", "The Salvation Plan", and "Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ", I knew there would be some negative consequences. However, it's not fair to say I'm using Nairaland to promote atheism on this basis, none of my these bold threads have been posted on the home page. These threads don't represent the official views of Nairaland Forum. I go out of my way to encourage the supermods to post pro-Christian topics on Sunday and pro-muslim topics on Friday because I think we need to make Nairaland members of every religion happy. Nairaland is not an atheist forum, it's a Nigerian forum and religious because we are religious.
But I felt a strong need to express myself boldly because I truly feel that the idea of believing in things by faith rather than by evidence is destroying Nigeria and humanity. This idea of "don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up", is a very bad poison that is killing us all. Once you give lot of people the idea that it is virtuous to stubbornly cling to their beliefs by choice regardless of whether the evidence of those beliefs are strong or not, or whether they make sense or not, you end up with conflicts that simply cannot be resolved.
Touchnot01:
I wont ask you to rescind your decision Op. But i want you to know that there is a difference between atheists and anti-theists.
An atheist does not believe in God, An anti-theist dedicates their lives to fighting God.

Do not listen to the vengeful and deluded indviduals who have commented, The founder of whatsapp, facebook or google do not use their medium to propagate atheism neither do they dedicate their lives to defaming christianity. They understand the meaning of unbelief. Todays atheists are not different from stalin, hitler and others. The will do all in their power to fight God and religion.
Atheism has totalitarian tendencies, just imagine an atheist telling someone not to watch a t.v show hosted by an atheist, or not to use facebook. Atheists should be grateful that we are not as irrational as they are else they'd all be dead or in the jungle eating leaves.

Most christians know what nairaland stands for. Some people are only here because of other christians. Some are watching from the sidelines. Like someone said earlier, atheism will continue to be the angrytime keeper of christianity.

You see thats point I've always tried to make.... Seun isn't preaching against the existence of God rather he is fighting God . This is very evident in his posts.

Secondly what u fail to understand oo owner of nairaland is the power of the media and what u weild being the owner take it or leave it many people will hold on to every word you say seeing that u have archived something worthwhile (nairaland) my grouse here is God knows the potential souls that should have been saved but opted to have a rethink based on what u seun belief....with such strong and opposing belief one will think ud keep them to ur self or manage the way u show ur disdain for God.

If U wish to know the reason for the success of nairaland go to this site www.thesecret.tv it's not a Christian site but teaches tenets on success but the secrets are borrowed concepts from the bible ....and talking successful people whom aren't Christians , my point is there's a God and he rules whether u choose to accept it or not...take a look around u ur laptop,table, cup , clothe etc all these were gotten from the soil or nature and these are all carefully provided for by a knowing and seeing God.thera nothing like the Big Bang theory .

God loves u whether u accept it or not, because most of what u write about ur ignorant of such things....unfortunately for u God will only reveal himself to some one who has a true willing heart to search for him.

Some of us Christians are in some ways angry too concerning certain things but ...on this plane not every thing can be comprehended.

God forbid seun but take a few mins to reason this assuming u passed on and found out Jesus was real?.....(I said God forbid o) just reason that for a min.

The sun rises ,tress grow , night follows day etc all in a perfect order and wish to tell me an unseen force Insnt in charge?

King David said only a fool believes there's no God

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by cescky(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2016
MrOlai:

Gbam!

Pls there's nothing to Gbam there mr follow follow, of their so hostile and can wreck havoc why haven't they overrun Israel?... Where talking about being sounrunded by 5 Islam nations and they have failed to overrun them ...what exciting u? Shouldn't you be intrigued as to why they haven't successfully smoked out the whole nation? That's the real mystery educate ur self and read up on what happened when they tried that
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hahn(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
Mediapace:
Seun a day will come for me and you to tackle ourself on this atheist issue

i'll make sure i convert you back to chrisTIAN And destroy all the thought of atheist in your heart

JESUS IS COMING SOON BE READY

JESUS NEVER EXISTED undecided

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Mediapace: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Any prove ?
hahn:

JESUS NEVER EXISTED undecided
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
one less brainwashed member for more rational members to worry about

2 Likes

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hahn(m): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Mediapace:
Any prove ?

There is no proof Jesus ever existed aside from the bible. Just the same way Spiderman only exists in movies undecided
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Mediapace: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
You are wrong brother,jesus existed and he is still existing!!!

If you don't believe jesus exist then you mustn't believe :
*There is anything like moon
*There is anything like Seun
*Anything like jupiter,pluto e.t.c.
*There is anything like death

since you haven't been to/experienced/seen any of those listed above
hahn:

There is no proof Jesus ever existed aside from the bible. Just the same way Spiderman only exists in movies undecided
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hahn(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Mediapace:
You are wrong brother,jesus existed and he is still existing!!!

Lol. Only in your imagination grin

If you don't believe jesus exist then you mustn't believe :
*There is anything like moon

In the night, look up in the sky you will see the moon

*There is anything like Seun

Lol. Without Seun there will be no nairaland

*Anything like jupiter,pluto e.t.c.

Lol. Buy a good telescope

*There is anything like death

Close your eyes and walk in the middle of any expressway close to you

since you haven't been to/experienced/seen any of those listed above

undecided
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Mediapace: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Only in your imagination grin
stop dodging my question bro

hahn:

In the night, look up in the sky you will see the moon
What gave you the instinct that it's a moon since you haven't been there,God created them all bro

hahn:

Lol. Without Seun there will be no nairaland
then how are you going to be sure seun created Nairaland not me
I asked you why you think there is anything like seun since you haven't seen him before and you don't believe in faith.

hahn:

Lol. Buy a good telescope
So telescope in your village can travel to space

hahn:

Close your eyes and walk in the middle of any expressway close to you
how does that answer my question ??
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Alezy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sirmuel1:
I'm a very solid christian too grin

But I know more than 5 religions that are better than both christianity and Islam.
Have u ever thought about this: what if we are on the road path? grin what if we are all going the wrong direction? grin

ur not a christian. don't quote me cos I won't reply
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Tintinnoty(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

christianity is tolerant, try this with islam and you might not have the opportunity to explain your views. Atheists tend to attack christianity avoiding islam like plague
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Alezy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
Unique04:
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page.
*modified*
I came to this conclusion after reading some of seun osewa's posts on Christianity.
With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.
i understand u perfectly but don't deactivate. The word is for all but for few. And this is just the beginning of antichrist.

If u understand what I said
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by UyiIredia(m): 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
You wan leave Nairaland because of a few atheist topics. Okay o. Bye bye.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Ranchhoddas: 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:

@ LoJ
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
@ LoJ
I've read that a long time ago. If you don't know, I follow Seun on Nairaland, so I am aware of every one of his posts.

Still this does not answer the simple question: Why do Muslims have an entire section with dogmatic limitations on participation, where no deviation is tolerated, and christians are not allowed to have theirs?

Why should muslims be protected against free thinkers like some of us, and not christians? And WHY, WHY would the owner of Nairaland, unequivocally regularly criticizes Christianity, whether by creating topics, and by posting on people's topic, but never does the same with Islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
otemanuduno:

Bye bye. See ya later. Buh anywhere you are, just know that Reverad is the father of jehovah and all the other gods you have ever heard about. Safe journey.

This must be your fault with your recent crazy outburst. undecided angry
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Ranchhoddas: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
LoJ:

I've read that a long time ago. If you don't know, I follow Seun on Nairaland, so I am aware of every one of his posts.

Still this does not answer the simple question: Why do Muslims have an entire section with dogmatic limitations on participation, where no deviation is tolerated, and christians are not allowed to have theirs?

Why should muslims be protected against free thinkers like some of us, and not christians? And WHY, WHY would the owner of Nairaland, unequivocally regularly criticizes Christianity, whether by creating topics, and by posting on people's topic, but never does the same with Islam
Ex-christians are more likely to 'criticize' christianity. The same goes for ex-muslims and Islam. I think you should start looking at him as a human being instead of as the owner of Nairaland.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Ranchhoddas: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
LoJ:

If NL was a Saudi forum and the owner was atheist. Do you want to guess the faith his 'ire' would have been directed at?

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by giiin: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Touchnot01: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Ex-christians are more likely to 'criticize' christianity. The same goes for ex-muslims and Islam. I think you should start looking at him as a human being instead of as the owner of Nairaland.
I bet you've never seen a muslim turned atheists. I know about 8 or so. They only talk about christianity. So what exactly is it about christianity? undecided
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Ranchhoddas: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Touchnot01:
I bet you've never seen a muslim turned atheists. I know about 8 or so. They only talk about christianity. So what exactly is it about christianity? undecided
Where are they?
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by otemanuduno: 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

This must be your fault with your recent crazy outburst. undecided angry

It isn't my fault. I must obey my god rather than men. When Paul and his counterparts were doing this kind of thing 2000 years back to popularise jesus their god, things like this happened. People were sad that something new was coming. Same thing here...people of this generation must be sad, but they shouldn't bother. The doctrine is for the people to exist in 2625BC to save them from unnecessary fear and trembling.

Reverad is God.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There is nothing wrong in criticizing a religion. Everything is wrong in creating a system by which one religion has special privileges.

Even wonder, why is it so hard then for Seun to create that Christian forum? What would it negatively change to nairaland?

As for me, any progressive mind would stand against this special treatment and favors given to Muslims. Islam as it stands now is by far more archaic and intolerant than most religions. Christianity used to be so, until free thinkers criticized in western nations the special treatment Christianity got.

It is such simple things that make the world go forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt / I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers / ILLUMINATI !!!!!! Ur Views!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.