Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader (46193 Views)

Peter Obi Is A 'roadside Politician Without Vision' - Ngige / Fayose Eating N100 Wrapped Rice By The Roadside (Photos) / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by timilehin007(m): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
He is better than ponmo cutting gov.

It is painful a life was lost.
If no street hawker, such loss ll be averted
#myopinion
no be lie o

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Rebuke: 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
mescheww
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by jammy1993(m): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ibile lawon eleyi
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by oladipo322(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
I call that bullshit

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by bewla(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
It was an election gimmick. Politicians can do anything to elicit support from the masses.
No be like ekiti governor

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by idowuswap: 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
idowuswap:
Flat head igbos will not like this new developments in yorubaland,,,how come their parents cannot afford to send them to school.that's child abused,a boy of 15ys hawking gala and lacasera in hold up or motor express. So pathetic
flat head go vex for this oooooo abeg make una no vex

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by luvinhubby(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
Keneking:
Clueless

Like Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Puresolutions: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ambode i'm ashmade of you,yu guys hate Fayose but try to become like him.He spoke about Aisha Buhari she dragged her hips to USA.now you too are joinging the Fayose-wanna-be queue

Go think of projects to execute with your monthly 20 billion plus jor
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by eitsei(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
Nigerians want to compare their Nation with the developed ones, but don't want to do what the developed wld do...

Road side Hawking and major road hawkers shld be jailed or sentenced to community service.

I dnt care wot u will say...

Ride on ambode!
I can't say if it's right or wrong to ban roadside selling or Hawking but all I know is that I've witnessed the deaths of two people recently on the road where a car suddenly lost the control of its break diverting to where these people were selling things by the road and got them killed... Now let's think about it if they were not there at that time they might still be alive
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by sixtus3606(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Our so-called leaders are nothing, but a bunch of passive hypocrites!!! angry
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by southpole: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Is like fayose spirit is beginning to infect others
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Alegirl: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sometimes I feel like our leaders are confused
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by pyruvate: 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
With all these unhealthy policies, APC Will finally lose Lagos
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by JAWBONE(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
He is better than ponmo cutting gov.
It is painful a life was lost. If no street hawker, such loss ll be averted #myopinion
If no street hawker, many more lives will be lost
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by olaolaking: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
This place does not look like Abeokuta express way or Ikorodu road or any other major road where people take advantage of the traffic. There is a big difference between major roads and ordinary street
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by olaolaking: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
JAWBONE:

If no street hawker, many more lives will be lost
That is not true
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by dikeigbo2(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
That's their stock in trade,they rode on your backs to victory and after which they broke and disorganize those backs......
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Rossikk(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
kokoA:
Be careful.. Soon and I mean very soon, the poor will be so poor that they will have nothing else to eat except the flesh of the rich. . .
Olodo...Can't you come up with your own saying? Copycat.
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by PhockPhockMan: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=18pt] That's politicians for you [/size]

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by jaid23: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
Politicians are assholes!! Pre-election campaign, they come to ur hood claim to be a grassroot person shares okada as an act of gesture to make the unemployed and idled busy.. After winning, they'll still make LAW to BAN this said OKADA again.. undecided
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by diegwu01: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
olokeded:
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode banned the sales of goods by roadside traders and hawkers yesterday but below is the photo of the Lagos state Governor patronizing a road side trader before election.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photo-gov-ambode-buys-goods-from-road.html

It was featured here on Nairaland during the campaign era https://www.nairaland.com/2097386/ambode-stops-buy-boli-roasted
Who hawks bol'e by roadside traffic? and how is that picture a roadside ? Ambode has banned Roadside hawking and trading along traffic, pls tell me how a Bole seller hawks bole in Traffic

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by babadee4reality: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
prof800:
She is not a street hawker na.

I heard he banned road side hawking not road side trading.
That woman is not hawking she is a road side seller.

I don't think it is possible to totally ban road side selling in Lagos.

On piont
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
PICTURETOCRACY
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by JAWBONE(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
olaolaking:

That is not true
If u stay in lagos , u should know the number of people who depends on hawking as a means of livelihood and if u take that way there would be great economic and social consequences
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by olaolaking: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
JAWBONE:

If u stay in lagos , u should know the number of people who depends on hawking as a means of livelihood and if u take that way there would be great economic and social consequences
I stay in Lagos. The reason while you are thinking this way is that government had allowed this wrong doing to stay. When you are doing a wrong thing and nobody complains or corrects you. You will see it as normal thing. But if anyone come after 15 years or more to correct you, you will think that person hates you. That is what exactly happened

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by dayowunmi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Apparently,by the same law Ambode has quoted, he has committed a criminal offense. The only thing protecting him from prosecution is his immunity. That's hypocritical. In certain countries,this picture is enough to bring down a leader.

I don't understand the disdain these leaders have for hardworking traders. The benefits of their service to society by far outweighs whatever detriments and trust me I don know of any detrimental anecdotes derived from street traders.

What kind of society pats Agberos on the back and arrests hardworking street traders.

These traders I believe will be very willing to pay taxes and go through any form of regulation demanded of them.

The economic implications of shutting down street trading can be heavy. Loads of companies depend solely on these marketers for thier sales. What would UAC be without Gala. What would Lacasera be without the streets. How would you quench your thirst in grave traffic if not these hawkers. There is absolutely no rationale to criminalizing thier activities.
First of all, how' do you come about the conclusion that picture of him and the boli seller was snapped by the road side? Moreover, what he banned was roadside hawking and trading! I.e people walking in traffic and knocking on your Windows to sell gala, lacasera, car charger e.t.c, there's a wall visible at the back of the pics if you look well, lastly there was no such law when he was campaigning, he made this law banning road side hawking because of a truck lost control and killed a roadside trader sometime ago and thugs rioted destroying state properties worth millions. Pls get your facts right first. Roadside trading are those selling in traffic, is it even proper for people to be selling in traffic on the express?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by olaolaking: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
dayowunmi:

First of all, how' do you come about the conclusion that picture of him and the boli seller was snapped by the road side? Moreover, what he banned was roadside hawking and trading! I.e people walking in traffic and knocking on your Windows to sell gala, lacasera, car charger e.t.c, there's a wall visible at the back of the pics if you look well, lastly there was no such law when he was campaigning, he made this law banning road side hawking because of a truck lost control and killed a roadside trader sometime ago and thugs rioted destroying state properties worth millions. Pls get your facts right first. Roadside trading are those selling in traffic, is it even proper for people to be selling in traffic on the express?
Thanks Bros. Some people need more education.

However, our number one problem in this part of the world is orientation. No 2 is enforcement of the laws

1 Like

Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by Revolva(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
This man is just clueless
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by tolsee(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
I bet you don't live in Nigeria. Or maybe you or your loved one has not been robbed by a hawker, or seen your friend or family member who hawks knocked down senseless on the road. Focus on the pros and cons of hawking then you get the message. God help we Nigerians, our mindset towards change is appaling!
PapaBrowne:
Apparently,by the same law Ambode has quoted, he has committed a criminal offense. The only thing protecting him from prosecution is his immunity. That's hypocritical. In certain countries,this picture is enough to bring down a leader.

I don't understand the disdain these leaders have for hardworking traders. The benefits of their service to society by far outweighs whatever detriments and trust me I don know of any detrimental anecdotes derived from street traders.

What kind of society pats Agberos on the back and arrests hardworking street traders.

These traders I believe will be very willing to pay taxes and go through any form of regulation demanded of them.

The economic implications of shutting down street trading can be heavy. Loads of companies depend solely on these marketers for thier sales. What would UAC be without Gala. What would Lacasera be without the streets. How would you quench your thirst in grave traffic if not these hawkers. There is absolutely no rationale to criminalizing thier activities.
Re: Ambode Buys Roasted Plantain From A Roadside Trader by ALAYORMII: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
The Governor is just saying it to sound tough because of the recent incident that happened around Maryland

Have you guys forgotten there's a law prohibiting public smoking??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Corpse Of The Pregnant Suicide Bomber Killed Today In Borno. Graphic Pics / Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / How The North Is Campaigning For Tinubu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.